Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship (11181 Views)

Nigerian Man Removed From UK Flight Over 'prayer' Message On His Phone / Lol… Another Nigerian Man Seen Eating Pounded Yam In U.S Train / Nigerian Man Marries His Own Daughter To Get Her UK Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by dotcomnamename: 10:10am On Nov 16, 2014
Guest December 2012

I married a Nigerian man, I was a fool. He was so convincingly sincere, he really fooled me into believing he was such a man of God and that he loved me. I was married to him over 7 years. After he got his citizenship and a child from me, he became a totally different man to me. Towards the end, I started find out many things he hid from me. It was a very shocking and bitter pill to swallow. Ladies, I have learned from personal experience that Nigerian men can pretend for long periods of time. It still is very hard on me to realize that this man that I loved so deeply was only out to use me for money and citizenship, and whoever know what else he was trying to get from me. BE CAREFUL. I was very na

SOURCE: http://www.wordtravels.com/forum/discussion/6763/marriage-after-meeting-on-internet-advice-please/p2
Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by iamodenigbo1(m): 10:25am On Nov 16, 2014
do you know the man involve?
Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by iykbethany(m): 1:46pm On Nov 16, 2014
What about the western women that bully, insult, curse and abuse their Nigerian husbands all the time?

Not holding brief for anyone but people from poorer countries do the same thing. Not just Nigerians.. Pakistanis, Indians, Bangladeshi, Philippines, Sub Saharan Africans etc can do the same thing.
Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by moneybag100: 1:58pm On Nov 16, 2014
Gibberish, because she had a horrible encountered with a Nigerian man, now means every Nigerian man pretend? Why the stereotype? Regardless of race, country or colour any man could do that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by bumitek02(m): 11:00am On Nov 17, 2014
Are you a nigerian also?
Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by justwise(m): 11:11am On Nov 17, 2014
iykbethany:
What about the western women that bully, insult, curse and abuse their Nigerian husbands all the time?

Not holding brief for anyone but people from poorer countries do the same thing. Not just Nigerians.. Pakistanis, Indians, Bangladeshi, Philippines, Sub Saharan Africans etc can do the same thing.

You shouldn't be giving excuses for bad behaviour.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 17, 2014
Sorry dearie. I always advise women not to look at men without legal permanent papers to stay in a country. tongue kiss 99.9% of them only want one thing....the right to stay permanently and they will do anything to get that including lying to naive women
Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 17, 2014
i hear such stories everyday. am married to one as well. been together for 2 years than got married basically because i said that am not gonna wait for more that 2 years. so now 3 years together. he haven't been at home for 6 years. i know his family, 7 siblings, he knows my mom. the fact is why i decided to risk- no one knows what will happen even if i marry white man. it really doesn't matter which race u gonna marry because possibility of a divorce is 50/50. we went for interview with officials, i said to the lady that for me (even if i love him) its better to find out that he is scamming now than, when we will have children. now sugar coating. so far so good. planning to get own place, planning a kid. we both been in tough situations, both without jobs etc, so we know how to support each other

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by iykbethany(m): 11:13pm On Nov 17, 2014
justwise:

You shouldn't be giving excuses for bad behaviour.

I didn't give any excuse neither do I support bad behavior. I only asked simple questions, daz all.
Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by Nobody: 12:53am On Nov 18, 2014
iykbethany:

I didn't give any excuse neither do I support bad behavior. I only asked simple questions, daz all.

Simple questions that justified fraud

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by ojdollars(m): 3:27am On Nov 18, 2014
Since I started living in the United States, I have seen so many things that my mouth cannot explain. I have resided in different States in the U.S and I can tell you some things about this American or Western women. Because she came online to spill this trash doesn't make it true, why not tell the world the whole truth? It takes 3 years to become a Citizen in the U.S, when you married to an American. Then 5years with Permanent Residency like through Green Card lottery or family immigration path.

Marriage falls apart all the time in this society where we live in, its the norm here. Why is it now a crime when it happens between a citizen of other country and a Nigerian? I have a Nigerian Dr. Friend here in Syracuse whose American wife divorced him and took half of his wealth, did he go to the world wide web to scream that an American used him?

Marriage fails because of irreconcilable differences, when both party is not fulfilling their obligations or stop fulfilling it. Why did we hate our own people and are quick to rush to the defense of others? You would be surprise to know how this Americans take advantage of Nigerians who are married to them. A man whom married you for 7years didn't do so because of Papers, you are not telling the truth here.. There is no element of truth in this post @Op, while you are trying to tarnish the already tarnished image of Nigeria by copying just one posting from several other positive posting from that website, others are testifying of their sweet experience with Nigerians.. See below for your self..

Guest December 2012

Hi,

Thank you for letting me know. I put my marriage in God' hand. Every marriage couples will face their own problem to which some may end up with the divorce. Yes, when the divorce come to play, we are as a woman will most get the impact. What's I'm trying to say is divorce may happen to the marriage couple regardless where they are from. Marriage life is relied on how the couple educated them self to maintain their marriage to be last long. My husband will be here soon and together we will start our marriage life in Melbourne.

Kind Regards

http://www.wordtravels.com/forum/discussion/6763/marriage-after-meeting-on-internet-advice-please/p2

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by fittty(m): 4:42am On Nov 18, 2014
ojdollars:
Since I started living in the United States, I have seen so many things that my mouth cannot explain. I have resided in different States in the U.S and I can tell you some things about this American or Western women. Because she came online to spill this trash doesn't make it true, why not tell the world the whole truth? It takes 3 years to become a Citizen in the U.S, when you married to an American. Then 5years with Permanent Residency like through Green Card lottery or family immigration path.

Marriage falls apart all the time in this society where we live in, its the norm here. Why is it now a crime when it happens between a citizen of other country and a Nigerian? I have a Nigerian Dr. Friend here in Syracuse whose American wife divorced him and took half of his wealth, did he go to the world wide web to scream that an American used him?

Marriage fails because of irreconcilable differences, when both party is not fulfilling their obligations or stop fulfilling it. Why did we hate our own people and are quick to rush to the defense of others? You would be surprise to know how this Americans take advantage of Nigerians who are married to them. A man whom married you for 7years didn't do so because of Papers, you are not telling the truth here.. There is no element of truth in this post @Op, while you are trying to tarnish the already tarnished image of Nigeria by copying just one posting from several other positive posting from that website, others are testifying of their sweet experience with Nigerians.. See below for your self..

Guest December 2012

Hi,

Thank you for letting me know. I put my marriage in God' hand. Every marriage couples will face their own problem to which some may end up with the divorce. Yes, when the divorce come to play, we are as a woman will most get the impact. What's I'm trying to say is divorce may happen to the marriage couple regardless where they are from. Marriage life is relied on how the couple educated them self to maintain their marriage to be last long. My husband will be here soon and together we will start our marriage life in Melbourne.

Kind Regards

http://www.wordtravels.com/forum/discussion/6763/marriage-after-meeting-on-internet-advice-please/p2

1,000,000,000 likes

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by iykbethany(m): 4:10pm On Nov 18, 2014
ojdollars:

Guest December 2012

Hi,

Kind Regards

This is what I was talking about, the mr. too know was trying to paint every Nigerian black bc of few instances here and there.
Go to Japan and see what Nigerian men are going through in the hands of Japanese women. Go to UK and see what our men are going through. A woman is supposed to be submissive, not competitor. Marriage is not by force, there is so much a man can take. When you cant take it anymore and you want to part ways an ignorant person from nowhere will start talking bs.

When a white man divorces a white woman it is ok, but if it were a black man then he married her for visa. Thats what i call bs

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by justwise(m): 5:23pm On Nov 18, 2014
iykbethany:

This is what I was talking about, the mr. too know was trying to paint every Nigerian black bc of few instances here and there.
Go to Japan and see what Nigerian men are going through in the hands of Japanese women. Go to UK and see what our men are going through. A woman is supposed to be submissive, not competitor. Marriage is not by force, there is so much a man can take. When you cant take it anymore and you want to part ways an ignorant person from nowhere will start talking bs.

When a white man divorces a white woman it is ok, but if it were a black man then he married her for visa. Thats what i call bs

You don't deserve any woman, women are supposed to be submissive? What planet are you from? Women deserve as much right and respect as men and if you don't like that then God help any woman who will be so unfortunate to have you as husband or boy friend

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2014
justwise:

You don't deserve any woman, women are supposed to be submissive? What planet are you from? Women deserve as much right and respect as men and if you don't like that then God help any woman who will be so unfortunate to have you as husband or boy friend

Sigh. And you wonder why i call you inlaw. Submissive ko. Zombie ni. Let him continue all that nonsense in Nigeria cos in obodo oyibo...them no born am well
Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by justwise(m): 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2014
jennykadry:

Sigh. And you wonder why i call you inlaw. Submissive ko. Zombie ni. Let him continue all that nonsense in Nigeria cos in obodo oyibo...them no born am well

lol...he will be made homeless and still be paying mortgage on the house the ex wife and her new bf are living on. grin
Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
justwise:

lol...he will be made homeless and still be paying mortgage on the house the ex wife and her new bf are living on. grin

Plus child support if there is a kid in the picture grin

God bless obodo oyibo
Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by moneybag100: 11:08pm On Nov 18, 2014
justwise:
[/b]

Bro, you don't need to make jest of the man, he has already said marriage is not by force, he can remain single if he didn't find his choice...he's a Nigerian man and he deserve a submissive woman if he want, that what he was brought up to believe...80% of home in Nigeria today, women are submissive to their husband...submissive is different from slavery, he didn't asked too much from that..

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by justwise(m): 11:17pm On Nov 18, 2014
moneybag100:

Bro, you don't need to make jest of the man, he has already said marriage is not by force, he can remain single if he didn't find his choice...he's a Nigerian man and he deserve a submissive woman if he want, that what he was brought up to believe...80% of home in Nigeria today, women are submissive to their husband...submissive is different from slavery, he didn't asked too much from that..

...and Nigerian women deserve what? Egotistical, oppressive, self-loving men?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by mutter(f): 11:23pm On Nov 18, 2014
Not just in Nigeria. In Europe and America it is becoming a trend for women to be submissive. Most of these women admit that their marriage functions much better.
Women remain women.
These Nigerian women that think the are feminist and rebel for some years.
We know the trend. When the biological clock starts ticking, they sing another song lol

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by moneybag100: 11:26pm On Nov 18, 2014
justwise:

...and Nigerian women deserve what? Egotistical, oppressive, self-loving men?
Nobody ever said that, submissive can be define in different ways...my own submissive definition means HUMBLE and that's not too much to ask from a woman.....you guys never heard the man side story, you start to judge him and believed one side story. Just because he didn't have paper and married her doesn't mean he married her for paper.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by justwise(m): 11:36pm On Nov 18, 2014
moneybag100:

Nobody ever said that, submissive can be define in different ways...my own submissive definition means HUMBLE and that's not too much to ask from a woman.....you guys never heard the man side story, you start to judge him and believed one side story. Just because he didn't have paper and married her doesn't mean he married her for paper.

You keep saying what you expect from women, how about men? Is marriage not an equal partnership?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by bameyi(m): 12:19am On Nov 19, 2014
dotcomnamename:
Guest December 2012

I married a Nigerian man, I was a fool. He was so convincingly sincere, he really fooled me into believing he was such a man of God and that he loved me. I was married to him over 7 years. After he got his citizenship and a child from me, he became a totally different man to me. Towards the end, I started find out many things he hid from me. It was a very shocking and bitter pill to swallow. Ladies, I have learned from personal experience that Nigerian men can pretend for long periods of time. It still is very hard on me to realize that this man that I loved so deeply was only out to use me for money and citizenship, and whoever know what else he was trying to get from me. BE CAREFUL. I was very na

SOURCE: http://www.wordtravels.com/forum/discussion/6763/marriage-after-meeting-on-internet-advice-please/p2

Hi fellow nairalander's, don't read one side of the story and draw a conclusion I reside in the States and have seen how this women treat immigrants. Forget about if the guy was looking for green card or not. Even if you have your credentials, like diversified visa.

When they catch jungle fever, they want you. Look the problem is simply cultural differences. When this women hook up with nigerian men and the men treat them nice they love it, I grew up in a family where my dad was the sole provider. I will provide for my home. This women enjoy it.

But mind you the man expect something back the respect of the head of the house hold. I don't know how many of you have filed income tax in the States. There's a section you mark as head of household. I need that respect but no. They don't. Before I write further I most say, not all white women or black women act this way, I have friends that are married to very nice women. Married is marathon not a 100 meter dash. Ladies it takes two to tango. Also there are some bad nigerian men out there that want some of this women for what they can get am not defending that but two reasons if the government fix the immigration issue marriage will not be an option for a path to citizenship. Ladies, when I met you at Walmart I want to love that lady I first saw, don't change after 6 month, 6 year that way I could love till death do us part.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by iykbethany(m): 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2014
jennykadry:

Which obodo oyibo are you talking about because my wife is from England which is obodo oyinbo? Do you guys really know what being submissive means? Do you read your bible at all? Are you more intelligent than God that made man head of the house?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by moneybag100: 9:31pm On Nov 19, 2014
iykbethany:

Which obodo oyibo are you talking about because my wife is from England which is obodo oyinbo? Do you guys really know what being submissive means? Do you read your bible at all? Are you more intelligent than God that made man head of the house?
Lol...may be she think everybody on nairaland travel section is like us who haven't traveled before.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Man Used Me For Money And Citizenship by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2014
iykbethany:

Your wife is from England? I must be michelle obama.

That being said....forget about religion and talk logic. I hate it when you people come on here and preach the bible when you are lost for words instead of talking like a logical person

Talk to me like I am atheist my friend. Try demanding respect and that mouth you used to mention England will end up being used to pack shit from gutter.

England ko. Queen Eliza ni

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please I Need Direction From Oshodi To MMIA Ikeja / Winners Of The National Tourism Essay Competition: Ogbaga Sunday, Temitope Steve / Fire Razed A Van At Forte Oil, Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.