Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,547 members, 7,955,029 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:55 PM

19CannyMum's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 19CannyMum's Profile / 19CannyMum's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 26 pages)

Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 12:49pm On Sep 04, 2023
UnconventionalT:

Thank you o. He simply said I do not deserve to be helped not because of anything but because I am an introvert. I don't even know how that sounds to him or her.
Is it now a criminal offence to be an introvert? I love my space like he saw in the previous post, but does that mean I have lived in isolation away from people all my life?
And at this critical point of pregnancy, I don't know why my introversion should be a problem in getting an accommodation around people.
I'd have been totally fine with airbnb if I am not pregnant, but I cannot risk living alone in such setting when I know how unpredictable pregnancy can go. May God help us.

Don't stay alone but not really because of medical emergency, you can always call 911 for that. Depression, postpartum depression etc are real.

Honestly I won't advice a family member to come to Canada alone to have a baby if they don't have a host willing to offer emotional support. If they're coming with spouse, family, good friend etc then it's a different story.

3 Likes

Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 12:35pm On Sep 04, 2023
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 by 19CannyMum: 12:32pm On Sep 04, 2023
CertifiedLilly:
Please I need help 🙏🏽 with my SOP letter
It’s very urgent as time isn’t on my side please I beg you

Good afternoon Everyone, I'm a silent reader here. I just got a request from IRCC to submit my passport. A big thanks to everyone and most especially Zubizareta for his help in regards to my SOP writtings and review.

Please I really need your help/Opinions about this. My 10yrs biometric is expiring June/July 2024 and my program is valid for two years study. And I have been asked to submit my passport to complete my application, my thoughts is that I don't know if I will still be giving the two years study visa since my Biometric will be expiring June/July 2024. If otherwise please what can I do to tackle this.

Thanks.

Usually your approval cannot exceed your biometric validity. The warning is on the application page, the place where you tick whether or not you'll need biometrics.

If this is the case, you'll get a study permit and visa valid until June/July 2024. You'll then have to apply for an extension from within Canada.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 19CannyMum: 2:37am On May 07, 2023
paragon4b:
Good day Gurus in here ,

Please what determines how much I should have as my proof of fund ?

I have admission for a two years course with 8,000 Canadian Dollars per term(semester) and they have 6 Terms for the whole 2years all together, meaning, the Total tuition is 48,000 Dollar.

Please, how much do you think I should I have as a proof of fund here.

Thanks as I await your quick response.

As an individual, You probably need 48k + 20k (10k per year) = CAD68k.

Google POF Canadian study permit for more info.
Travel / Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 19CannyMum: 8:21pm On Feb 04, 2023
lizzygurl:
Hello guys,

I need help with my GCKey account, I was unable to login to my account for sometimes, it keeps taking me back to the sign in page. I filled a webform to complain about it and I was advised to open a new account and link my previous account to it. My issue now is that I have been unable to link the old account to the new one. Can anyone advise me on what to do.

This happens to everybody (inability to login). Keep trying repeatedly. Also use in incognito, different browser, clear cookies etc. It's not your account that's the issue it's the IRCC website.

Sorry I can't help with the linking account issue
Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 1:43am On Feb 03, 2023
WinterDreary:

Thanks. This helps, though I've already consulted these sites you mentioned. Was just hoping for a more personal interaction with another candidate or an insider. Thanks still.

Go on LinkedIn and search for people at Statscan in same role, with Nigerian names. Contact 5 with a very well worded message for help with interview preparation and at least 3 will respond to you.

9 Likes

Travel / Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 19CannyMum: 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2022
skull4eva:

Its not difficult just go with ur spouse to the boarder tell the canadian CBSA agent u want to flagpole he will take you to the US boarder. When u get there US will deny u entry since u dont have a valid US visa and u return with the CBSA agent and he will take all ur spouse document and 235cad from you to issue you a work permit.
You have to go very early cos it takes alittle bit of time

WOW! What if my spouse has a valid US visa? And what if I've already applied for SOWP?
Travel / Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 19CannyMum: 4:46am On Sep 12, 2022
skull4eva:

I dont understand.

More details about flagpoling with visitor visa to get SOWP. Thanks.
Travel / Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 19CannyMum: 3:46am On Sep 11, 2022
skull4eva:

Yes you can atleast for now

How does this work please or where can I get mow details?
Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 5:54am On Jun 11, 2022
cochtrane:

I don't know if there's any area there that isn't good.

Jane and Finch? smiley
I don't live in TO and no personal knowledge sha. Na just the gist wey we hear.
Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 11:57am On Jun 10, 2022
gaeul:
Please, any pay as you go netwerk here that is international call friendly especially for one work aged parents that don't use whatsapp

I use rynga. Register on their website and buy credit, download the app. Then call naija numbers using the app. I've been using Rynga for more than 10 years, there might be other newer and cheaper apps by now I've not checked because I'm happy with Rynga

12 Likes 10 Shares

Travel / Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 19CannyMum: 9:55am On Jun 05, 2022
babybless44:
Please what helpful advice can you render?

Is there any way you can help me check the status of my application if I provide the relevant info and what are the steps I can take concerning my predicament.

Try this. Also visit the original post to see the full post, it includes a picture to help guide you. Instructions are for study permit, adapt it to your application type.

olasubomy:

1. Click on this link https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html, go to option 1 and register as a new user on the "Don't have an account" tab.

2, Create all the Security questions and answer that the system would prompt you.

3, Once you are done creating your account, you would see in blueprint a link reading "Add (link) your application to your account". Please click it.

4, Refer to the screenshot below. You will see different selections to choose from ( the screenshot will guide you) :

* Under Category, select temporary residence
* Under Subcategory, select study permit and extension
* Under Application details, select family name, given name and date of birth ( Being you might not know your application number and UCI due to the denial by your agent, but if you know these numbers, select application number and UCI)
* Under Applicants Personal information, select passport then enter your passport details
* Under Information about applicant's study in Canada, enter details as on your admission letter, which was declared in your application and your DLI number.
* Once this is entered and you review all details, click search for my application. It will open a new page.
* This new page will ask you to fill out a form to disassociate yourself from your agent. Fill this form to the best of your knowledge and attach and continue, then you should have your account linked.

NB: Once you enter all details correctly and it gives you an error message, and you try this twice, please wait for another 24 hours before trying again because the system allows one to try to link only 5 attempts, after which it would lock you out . Please wait for another 24 hours to try again should in case it gives an error when you click "Search for my application"

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/6567181/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/566#104609945
Travel / Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by 19CannyMum: 2:57pm On May 13, 2022
Papapa1234:
Pls can someone who is coming into Canada on study permit start a business..like the way we do in Nigeria,rent a store and start a business.

Also what type of apartment fits someone who is coming with kids..

Thank you

Students can rent a store and start a business. Just be careful and clear on what you need to convert that study permit into PR. Most pathways demand work experience, and some pathways blacklist self employment.
Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 6:41am On May 13, 2022
olasubomy:

Big Congrats

Thank you.
Travel / Re: Transitioning From Ppr To Landing In Canada by 19CannyMum: 6:39am On May 13, 2022
Lhezy:

36weeks or 34weeks?

I copied and pasted the mail they sent to me butt that was 3 years ago.
Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 6:37am On May 13, 2022
Iffylove:
congratulations to the family.
Please what is the meaning of Novena

Thank you.

It's a prayer said for 9 days and this is the particular one she prayed: https://www.praymorenovenas.com/novena-to-the-sacred-heart-of-jesus

When the PPR came on day 3 she switched to another prayer point for the remaining days, and the second prayer point has also been answered.
Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 8:58pm On May 12, 2022
Timeline - Visitor Visa - New Portal

Applicant: Spouse of a study permit holder

Applied - Nov 5, 2021
Biometrics request - Nov 6, 2021
Biometrics passed - Nov 8, 2021
Contacted MP - Dec 2021
GCMS Request - Jan 24, 2022
GCMS Received - Feb 28, 2022. Showed that file had been untouched. Call from MP was recorded.
BVL - March 21, 2022
Medical Request - March 21, 2022
Medicals passed - March 23, 2022
BVL - March 24, 2022
Second GCMS - April 21, 2022
PPR - April 25, 2022
Eligibility passed - May 6, 2022
Approved - May 6, 2022
Passport received - May 10, 2022

Application is not for me. My sister is a student and it's for her family, but na me dey nairaland smiley. Countless mails sent to Nairobi after 30 business days of applying, no response. They weren't even recorded in GCMS notes. A couple of mails sent after 1st and Second BVL, then I logged out of the application. Initially was hoping her hubby could come for Christmas and new year, no show so she travelled down to Naija to spend time with them. The we were hoping he'd be around for his birthday in January, still no show. Then her birthday in April we were really excited because BVL had come, still nothing. At this point I just logged out. My sister wanted GCMS notes so I applied for another one and just removed my mind that IRCC should do their worst.

I did not know my sister went to go and start a Novena, day 3 of the novena was PPR. The news did not even excite me. Na so so hiss I dey hiss dey curse IRCC lol.

The visiting visa was accompanied by 3 study permits for the children, will share details of those in study thread.

Packaging
Good travel history, US and UK among. A couple of denials.
Good bank account
Stable job (10 years +)
Couple of landed properties
Took decision to apply for visitor instead of SOWP, because of the promised 30 day response for new portal. Mtscheew.

Documents submitted
Proof of funds
Letter of invitation from spouse: Reason for travel is family unification during the holidays. Vaccination status (fully vaccinated) addressed, due to the whole non-essential travel brouhaha that time. Travel plans and itinerary stated. Indicated that children will be left behind in Canada. He has to go back to his job and to care for his father. Stated budget and available funds. Deliberately stated all these so the letter can serve as SOP.
Consent letter from spouse (to travel alone with children)
Budget: Amounts available in accounts, amount anticipated for trip (flight, accommodation, feeding, miscellaneous). Living expenses anticipated for mother and 3 children for next one year.
My bank statement for 2 Nigerian accounts
Spouse's bank statement for Canadian bank account (only 3k dollars in this account )
My bank statement - salary account not provided. Just savings USD and NGN.

Additional documents
CV (1 page)
Reference letter from employer (no vacation dates stated)
Initial job offer and confirmation letters
Last 3 payslips
Police character certificate
University degree cert
Master's cert LOL
Couple of C of Os
Vaccine certificate

Proof of family member status
Spouse's passport
Study permit
Spouse's statement of account from school (showing nothing owed)
Spouse's enrolment letter
Spouse's student ID

Travel documents
Data page of passport
Expired passport used within the last 10 years
All stamped pages of passport and visas

Thank you very much for all the information and encouragement we got from here, especially after BVL 2 grin. A lot of superstars here.

7 Likes

Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 8:03pm On May 12, 2022
OloriOfMontreal:

Apologies for the late response. Thank you so much, glad our story gave some hope.

Sorry to hear about the delay with IRCC. Have you heard anything recently? Please keep firing emails to them.
Praying for speedy response for your application.

Your prayers were answered. PPR gist loading smiley

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 6:36am On Apr 18, 2022
ami213:
Hello @19CannyMum

This delay in your application after receiving 2 BVL is quite unusual and saddening. Have you reached out to the MP? Did you check your spam messages recently? Also did you try sending an emotional message via webform daily? I will advise you also put a call through to Nairobi office after the holiday.

This is just a phase and it will end in praise for you.

Amen, it will end in praise.

No news from MP, no need to check spam because there've been no changes to profile, still in submitted status. Yet nothing in spam sha lol.

I'm done with sending daily webforms. Sent one week or tell weeks ago sha, no response yet. I'll request GCMS notes this week, just out of curiosity to see what led to the double BVL.

Sincerely I've removed my mind. Make dem continue their craze. I'm no longer expectant or anxious. Let God's timing prevail.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 6:29am On Apr 18, 2022
OloriOfMontreal:

If you check the status of your application does it say something like "Your application is approved, and you should send your passport----etc"?
If so then it's likely they've sent your PPR to the physical address stated on the application.

Same thing happened to my spouse's application; though we didnt get BVL (uptil now) but it states our application was approved and we were waiting for PPR until we were told its been mailed to the physical address; and since we knew we would likely not receive a physical copy we had to send an email to IRCC requesting them to send the PPR via email.
If that's the case here, I'll advice you reach out them.

They avoid sending the PPR via email if it's not been up to 4 weeks since it was mailed, but yours seems to be over already. All the best!

Thanks Olori. I followed your story closely, congratulations and thanks for sharing it. Actually when I read it gave me hope that IRCC or maybe Nairobi in particular just dey kolo generally, not that they have anything personal about my application.

Profile remains the same jare. No approval or anything. Still in 'submitted' status.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 19CannyMum: 4:37pm On Apr 14, 2022
MightyRance:
Hello Guys.

I am kind of worried.

I did my upfront Medicals 3rd of March.

Submitted application 23rd of March,

I did my biometrics 24th of March and it reflected Immediately.

I became worried that the medical has not been updated, so i resent the e-Medical sheet via webform to IRCC.

YET, IT HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED. what should i do please

Send by email to Nairobi, copy Abuja in the email. Write URGENT, application number, medical update in the email subject.

The email should also contain all the details you normally put in your webform ( name, uci, address etc).

Search this thread for the 3 Nairobi email addresses and the Abuja email address.
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 by 19CannyMum: 4:34pm On Apr 14, 2022
LavishG:

Thanks a lot. Forgive the long post, this is my first time. I'd do better next time. Congrats to everyone.

Congratulations. Really unique story.
Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 10:01pm On Apr 13, 2022
talk2dekky:
Submitted - 25th January 2022
Biometrics - 28th January 2022
Eligibility Review - 10th March 2022
First Bvl- 30th March 2022
Second Bvl- 11th April 2022
Expecting PPR

Did anyone get Bvl twice??

BVL, medical request, 2nd BVL. 4 weeks ago or so. Still awaiting PPR.
Travel / Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 19CannyMum: 9:46pm On Apr 13, 2022
ThekayBature:

I had to print out, sign and scan the form before sending it to them. The guys at getgcms acted as the rep, so their part was filled already. i only filled out the part that was mine and, signed and emailed to them

Since you're in Canada, you could have requested the notes yourself for $5.

Congratulations!
Travel / Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 19CannyMum: 3:10pm On Apr 09, 2022
ami213:
Amen and many thanks. You shall be celebrated on this platform very soon.

Congratulations. Good news all the way for you and your family.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 6:34pm On Apr 04, 2022
ami213:
This is quite sad! If only the MP could inquire on your behalf, then we can know if the BVL and medical request was a glitch.

The lord will perfect everything concerning your application and your joy will be full.

Amen. Thank you really. Your own testimony is coming sooner than you expect smiley.
Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 6:33pm On Apr 04, 2022
jogojogo:
How do we contact our MP? Is it via mail, call or visit to the Office?
Anyone with experience on how best this could be done should kindly respond.

Email first, then call to follow up.
Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 2:08am On Apr 03, 2022
ami213:
It’s been a while @19CannyMum Have you gotten a decision on your visa application?

No news oh. I've sent webform, email, contacted MP. Radio silence.

Thank you for remembering me jare.
Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 9:18pm On Mar 24, 2022
jayifeanyi1234:
This PPR should just drop joor....lolz

quote author=19CannyMum post=111326069]

Medicals passed yesterday afternoon. Another BVL received in the night. Na wa.

I tire o. This game they're playing is very nerve wracking.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 7:49pm On Mar 24, 2022
ami213:
It will end in praise!

Amen! Thank you.
Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 2:42pm On Mar 24, 2022
19CannyMum:
BVL received yesterday afternoon, followed by medical request in the night. Visiting Visa to visit spouse on study permit, applied 1st week of November.

Medicals passed yesterday afternoon. Another BVL received in the night. Na wa.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 8:49pm On Mar 23, 2022
ami213:
Really?! Maybe the medical request was a glitch.

Maybe a glitch, maybe some Nairobi witchcraft.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 26 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.