Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,254 members, 7,818,875 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (489) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2326253 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iraybuju: 8:42pm On Mar 23, 2022
Obyroli:

Hello, pls have u started the process.?
Kindly update me cos,I dnt know where to start.

Yes I have started, I'm a novice but I have gathered some informations to file in my visitor request
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 8:49pm On Mar 23, 2022
ami213:
Really?! Maybe the medical request was a glitch.

Maybe a glitch, maybe some Nairobi witchcraft.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beceebillz: 9:40pm On Mar 23, 2022
Pls is Ircc responding to applications sunmitted via GC key at all? I submitted TRV application since Aug 2021 but no response till now. Application keeps showing "we are processing background checks ". Dunno if i should reapply or continue waiting.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 10:05pm On Mar 23, 2022
I emailed Nairobi and they said GC Key applications are queued for processing but they could not confirm when it would be processed. Finally, they said sending emails would not expidited the process.

So, I guess waiting is option here for visiting visa because reapplying would flag them that you want to run away. If it was study visa, then reapplying is best option because they would see or think you reapply because of due date for class resumption.

Beceebillz:
Pls is Ircc responding to applications sunmitted via GC key at all? I submitted TRV application since Aug 2021 but no response till now. Application keeps showing "we are processing background checks ". Dunno if i should reapply or continue waiting.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hazzaman: 2:19am On Mar 24, 2022
Momopewa:
Hello House, please apart from the Proof of Funds, what other supporting documents do i need to upload for Canada visiting visa. I am a civil servant and currently filling the form through the new portal. Secondly like how much do i need to have on the POF.

Strongly advised you add CAC docs/biz acct statement if you have considering the take home pay for civil servants.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ibatu(m): 4:26am On Mar 24, 2022
Betterlife2018:

Are you planning relocating permanently? Then you have to work on permanent residency journey. There is a good chance for your wife being a nurse. some provinces are targeting nursing. Here is the thread for that category https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/113#111274026.

Ask question there and I can as well guide if you need help.
All the best.

Thanks a lot,really appreciate it
I make an enquiry from an agent and he told me I can use visiting visa to enter and he said it 2years and once we enter we can make it permanent residence,please enlighten me on it
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife2018: 6:17am On Mar 24, 2022
Ibatu:

Thanks a lot,really appreciate it
I make an enquiry from an agent and he told me I can use visiting visa to enter and he said it 2years and once we enter we can make it permanent residence,please enlighten me on it

Hmm. changing visiting visa to permanent visa is not a totally " straight route". I have never done that before. My concern is why will you put your immigration record at risk by overstaying, what if changing to PR as plan eventually fail. it is not automatic as you think. Agent will collect money and over promise you.

I am a PR holder and can give you facts. Why not go thru school instead, read up all other sure pathway and do it right.

Well, I can guide you more if need be. Go to the PR thread link I earlier shared. Read and digest, ask question and you can do this yourself.
All the best

'
'

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iambuksman(m): 7:01am On Mar 24, 2022
Hi everyone. Good morning from Nigeria.
I would like to apply for the tourist visa to Canada. Can anyone help out with advise and/or experiences?
The idea is to "change" it to employer specific work permit when I get a Job offer there with a policy set up by the Canadian government.
I'd really appreciate our collective response.
Thank you!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 8:19am On Mar 24, 2022
Please learn to read up. Your question has been answered severally in previous chats.

Beceebillz:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 8:24am On Mar 24, 2022
Tourist Visa applications submitted via GCkey since 2020 are still in queue for processing. I pray your wait won’t be endless.

Lezy:
I emailed Nairobi and they said GC Key applications are queued for processing but they could not confirm when it would be processed. Finally, they said sending emails would not expidited the process.

So, I guess waiting is option here for visiting visa because reapplying would flag them that you want to run away. If it was study visa, then reapplying is best option because they would see or think you reapply because of due date for class resumption.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 11:34am On Mar 24, 2022
But IRCC already advised those who submitted before September 2021 to resubmit.

Anyway, I got your point.

It will end in praise.

ami213:
Tourist Visa applications submitted via GCkey since 2020 are still in queue for processing. I pray your wait won’t be endless.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ibatu(m): 1:01pm On Mar 24, 2022
Betterlife2018:

Hmm. changing visiting visa to permanent visa is not a totally " straight route". I have never done that before. My concern is why will you put your immigration record at risk by overstaying, what if changing to PR as plan eventually fail. it is not automatic as you think. Agent will collect money and over promise you.

I am a PR holder and can give you facts. Why not go thru school instead, read up all other sure pathway and do it right.

Well, I can guide you more if need be. Go to the PR thread link I earlier shared. Read and digest, ask question and you can do this yourself.
All the best

'
'
God bless you more,I will visit the thread now.Thanks

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Senyavin: 2:30pm On Mar 24, 2022
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 2:42pm On Mar 24, 2022
19CannyMum:
BVL received yesterday afternoon, followed by medical request in the night. Visiting Visa to visit spouse on study permit, applied 1st week of November.

Medicals passed yesterday afternoon. Another BVL received in the night. Na wa.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dammy397: 3:28pm On Mar 24, 2022
Betterlife2018:

Are you planning relocating permanently? Then you have to work on permanent residency journey. There is a good chance for your wife being a nurse. some provinces are targeting nursing. Here is the thread for that category https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/113#111274026.

Ask question there and I can as well guide if you need help.
All the best.

Good evening,please can you tell me more about how to get nursing job in canada ,is there any course I need to do please
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dammy397: 3:29pm On Mar 24, 2022
Dammy397:

Good evening,please can you tell me more about how to get nursing job in canada ,is there any course I need to do please

Dental nurse
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 5:07pm On Mar 24, 2022
It will end in praise!

19CannyMum:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 7:49pm On Mar 24, 2022
ami213:
It will end in praise!

Amen! Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayifeanyi1234: 8:59pm On Mar 24, 2022
This PPR should just drop joor....lolz

quote author=19CannyMum post=111326069]

Medicals passed yesterday afternoon. Another BVL received in the night. Na wa.[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 9:18pm On Mar 24, 2022
jayifeanyi1234:
This PPR should just drop joor....lolz

quote author=19CannyMum post=111326069]

I tire o. This game they're playing is very nerve wracking.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 9:49pm On Mar 24, 2022
I thought I saw a post this afternoon about a PHD student seeking advice for his pregnant wife SOWP or so. I was gonna reply him later tonight, I guess he deleted the post. I hope he finds the right answers!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2022
IRCC if na play make una stop am oh. Stop tensioning my sister!
19CannyMum:

I tire o. This game they're playing is very nerve wracking.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by adelejane: 3:54am On Mar 25, 2022
Hi Gurus,

Thank so much for all that you do on this platform, helping us find answers to so many questions on our minds.

I have two siblings in Canada with Permanent Residency . I 'm married with two kids and i live with Hubby in Ghana.

I did my Masters in the UK, stayed for two years on post study visa and returned back home before visa expired . I have been to the UK several times after this with my kids on tourist visa .

I have been to the USA once for a conference while studying in the UK, i have also been refused USA Visa in the past which i will declare in this application

I have been to Dublin on Tourist visa as well while studying in the UK.

I' run my own business and doing very well.

My Sibling are inviting I and my kids for summer holiday but we will be booking an Airbnb or hotel accommodation. please is this right ?or we have to stay with them? My sister stays with her partner while my brother stays in a small apartment . do family have to stay with relatives in Canada when invited to CANADA on Tourist visa or we can stay in the hotel?

question 2 ...Please how do i answer this session....How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? (In Canadian dollars - CAD)? please does this include flight ticket or just expenses within Canada eg feeding, accommodation, transport within Canada etc. ?

thanks so much in Advance
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rockachic: 4:29am On Mar 25, 2022
I just received a biometrics instruction letter on my portal despite having a valid biometrics (to expire in 2025). Has any one ever experienced this? My UCI was stated in the new application so they can have access to the biometrics i did in 2015 but they still requested for a new one. Any reason for this?
rockachic:
Hi house,

My biometrics from a previous application is still valid and I stated it in my current application. Yesterday I got a request that I should pay for biometrics, I am confused, is there a reason why they want me to do another Biometrics?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goryorhal(m): 5:43am On Mar 25, 2022
Hi guys
Good morning , is there anyone experience payment glitch/issue on the application portal ..

Tried paying but the response I have been getting is "your session has expires "

Is anyone here experiencing the same thing...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 8:10am On Mar 25, 2022
Hi everyone,

Re: visit visa
We got an update on the new portal saying;
"Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. We will send you a letter or email with details"
We are yet to get the email/letter for PPR and BVL.

Note that we didn't receive any email in our account about an update, we just decided to log in and checked yesterday and saw that update.

Now we don't know how long that status has been there because this same application was refused in February and they mentioned they'd send a refusal letter which never dropped, only for us to check yesterday and decision has changed to your application is approved.

We are thinking of raising a webform for this but wanted to know if anyone experienced this before and what to do? Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 9:43am On Mar 25, 2022
For quick response call Nairobi or Lagos Office. Make sure you have sufficient airtime. You should also check spam messages in your email.

OloriOfMontreal:
Hi everyone,

Re: visit visa
We got an update on the new portal saying;
"Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. We will send you a letter or email with details"
We are yet to get the email/letter for PPR and BVL.

Note that we didn't receive any email in our account about an update, we just decided to log in and checked yesterday and saw that update.

Now we don't know how long that status has been there because this same application was refused in February and they mentioned they'd send a refusal letter which never dropped, only for us to check yesterday and decision has changed to your application is approved.

We are thinking of raising a webform for this but wanted to know if anyone experienced this before and what to do? Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 10:01am On Mar 25, 2022
It is not compulsory you stay with your host.

Regarding the amount available for stay, just declare the Balance of the SOA you intend to submit.

adelejane:
Hi Gurus,

Thank so much for all that you do on this platform, helping us find answers to so many questions on our minds.

I have two siblings in Canada with Permanent Residency . I 'm married with two kids and i live with Hubby in Ghana.

I did my Masters in the UK, stayed for two years on post study visa and returned back home before visa expired . I have been to the UK several times after this with my kids on tourist visa .

I have been to the USA once for a conference while studying in the UK, i have also been refused USA Visa in the past which i will declare in this application

I have been to Dublin on Tourist visa as well while studying in the UK.

I' run my own business and doing very well.

My Sibling are inviting I and my kids for summer holiday but we will be booking an Airbnb or hotel accommodation. please is this right ?or we have to stay with them? My sister stays with her partner while my brother stays in a small apartment . do family have to stay with relatives in Canada when invited to CANADA on Tourist visa or we can stay in the hotel?

question 2 ...Please how do i answer this session....How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? (In Canadian dollars - CAD)? please does this include flight ticket or just expenses within Canada eg feeding, accommodation, transport within Canada etc. ?

thanks so much in Advance

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goryorhal(m): 12:23pm On Mar 25, 2022
goryorhal:
Hi guys
Good morning , is there anyone experience payment glitch/issue on the application portal ..

Tried paying but the response I have been getting is "your session has expires "

Is anyone here experiencing the same thing...

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 1:34pm On Mar 25, 2022
ami213:
For quick response call Nairobi or Lagos Office. Make sure you have sufficient airtime. You should also check spam messages in your email.

Thanks for the response.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 1:40pm On Mar 25, 2022
Kenkamal:
Hi guys for someone whose application has been approved and is waiting for the letter of request for the passport for visa, pls how long does it take for the letter to come out.

Kenkamal:

Yeah the letter is the last thing requesting for passport after the application has been approved, i also read same in one of the messages posted here some times ago, i just wana know how long it takes so i can submit my passport to VSF. However, the backlog and holiday hasn't help either.

Hi,
Just in case you're still around.

Apparently my spouse's visit visa is in same boat as yours. I remember I responded to you when you made this posts that getting approval without PPR letter is unusual and new to me. But here we are! Lol. We've received an approval without ppr too.

Could you please let me know how long it took to get the ppr letter or if you had to reach out to IRCC before it was sent.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Otitodilijesu and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.