Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (803617 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by folla: 10:38am On Sep 08, 2022
@Dele670

That is the Letter of Introduction (LOI) that IRCC will send to your portal.

Dele670:

Please  what
14) Port of entry letter?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dele670: 11:13am On Sep 08, 2022
folla:
@Dele670

That is the Letter of Introduction (LOI) that IRCC will send to your portal.

Student visa, aplicant also have it after visa approved or it just sowp that recieve this letter?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by simo4real(m): 11:42am On Sep 08, 2022
Good day, please where can i download SOWP pdf form and visiting form. Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pyale: 2:22pm On Sep 08, 2022
You can only download the relevant forms from within your application portal. The forms are different depending on the different application categories. So please do not download from any other non-IRCC websites.

simo4real:
Good day, please where can i download SOWP pdf form and visiting form. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 2:43pm On Sep 08, 2022
Dele670:

Please  what
14) Port of entry letter?
It is Letter of introduction. The last correspondence letter that dropped after your visa has been stamped.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 2:44pm On Sep 08, 2022
Dele670:

Student visa, aplicant also have it after visa approved or it just sowp that recieve this letter?
Study visa also has it.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 3:02pm On Sep 08, 2022
skull4eva:

Madam the only trick is to book further away from august. I Paid 3k plus CAD for my spouse and two kids less than years of age for september.

Did you book a return ticket for your kids on VV?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dele670: 4:58pm On Sep 08, 2022
pls,can l go to Canada with visitor visa to visit my husband a full time student and flagpoled to convert to open-work permit?? anybody with more information on flagpoling??

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 5:41pm On Sep 08, 2022
SweetJJ:

Did you book a return ticket for your kids on VV?
You dont need to becos they are going with someone with an SOWP TRV. My family is not here yet but from those that have moved you dont need to. Except the principal applicant too applied for a visit visa and not sowp
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 5:41pm On Sep 08, 2022
Dele670:
pls,can l go to Canada with visitor visa to visit my husband a full time student and flagpoled to convert to open-work permit?? anybody with more information on flagpoling??

Yes you can atleast for now

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by misternaija: 6:06pm On Sep 08, 2022
Wow! Thanks for this info. What can I do for my spouse who has already applied for visit without response for 3months? Can I apply for SOWP in parallel or do I need to cancel her visit application before applying for SOWP?

Pyale:
I totally agree with @Skull4eva response. Please apply for SOWP. I have a friend who applied for visitor visa for her husband since May, and as I write, there has been no update on that application. Meanwhile, my spouse applied for SOWP in June and it's already approved. Visitor visa tends to take longer these days. Instead of you going through immigration twice, it's advisable to apply for SOWP. Good luck!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dele670: 10:11pm On Sep 08, 2022
Pls,A full time student with spouse and children in nigeria,if the spouse aply SOWP in nigeria,what category visa will children apply together??
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ajoke08: 11:03pm On Sep 08, 2022
Hello everyone, pls I receive a request letter for my husband biometric receipt this morning.He was refused visiting visa in 2017 which was paper based application and he did biometric then. So when I submitted this application, he did not do biometrics (since validity is 10yrs) .the issue now is we can’t find the receipt and we don’t know the receipt number .. I am thinking we should pay for another one..
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pyale: 12:19am On Sep 09, 2022
You can apply in parallel and allow IRCC to decide which application to process. Usually, they will cancel your VV application, and process your SOWP application. Good luck!

misternaija:
Wow! Thanks for this info. What can I do for my spouse who has already applied for visit without response for 3months? Can I apply for SOWP in parallel or do I need to cancel her visit application before applying for SOWP?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pyale: 12:28am On Sep 09, 2022
Did you apply using the same account from 2017? If so, can you login and verify that the biometric information is valid until 2027? If you answer yes to the above questions, then write IRCC informing them that your husband's biometric is still valid, and the account/portal is showing that.

If no, then follow the instructions in the request letter and do a new biometric. Good luck!

Ajoke08:
Hello everyone, pls I receive a request letter for my husband biometric receipt this morning.He was refused visiting visa in 2017 which was paper based application and he did biometric then. So when I submitted this application, he did not do biometrics (since validity is 10yrs) .the issue now is we can’t find the receipt and we don’t know the receipt number .. I am thinking we should pay for another one..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 12:51am On Sep 09, 2022
Dele670:
Pls,A full time student with spouse and children in nigeria,if the spouse aply SOWP in nigeria,what category visa will children apply together??
The children visa depends on their ages. If they are 5 and above it will be a study permit. Less than 5 can apply for visit
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 2:40am On Sep 09, 2022
misternaija:

You don't need to cancel. They are different categories. Go ahead and apply for SOWP. At best, if your eligibility review has not started, you can write them to withdraw the
VV application.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by purespikes: 5:23am On Sep 09, 2022
folla:
@purespikes

Your response is highly appreciated. It means so much to me.

Thank you for your time.

I am glad you found my post useful.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bcadedoja: 6:21pm On Sep 09, 2022
Congratulations on this great news….may the rest of the journey be smooth for you and your family�
If you don’t mind sharing your email format with me, I will appreciate. I want to send humble email too. Application has been submitted since June

SOWP PPR is here!....

Hello house, please rejoice with me as my wife's PPR just dropped. We applied on June 16 2022, review started first week in August and medical was updated to pass on August 8 (did upfront medical). Bvl letter sent on August 17th, and ever since then, no update!

Although we were worried why BVL was sent without PPR, we were calm as the application has been processed faster than we expected (65 wks processing time as at the time we submitted in June)

But on seeing the message that @Kam3 posted this morning that her/his PPR already dropped, I was motivated to contact IRCC since Kam3 submitted his/her application in July while we submitted June.

I immediately wrote an email to IRCC, explaining that we were yet to hear back from them since BVL was sent. I immediately received a confirmation email that I will be responded to in 5 working days. Since it's late here Canada, I was just about going to bed when my wife called that I should check her gmail for an email from IRCC.

Lo and behold, PPR message has dropped! That was just like 28 mins after I sent the email to IRCC.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Amicableoga: 2:02am On Sep 10, 2022
When a spouse with an open work permit arrives in Canada, do they ask for proof of funds again?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Amicableoga: 2:15am On Sep 10, 2022
Please, what documents does someone need to show at the port of entry to Canada? the person is on SOWP
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 2:19am On Sep 10, 2022
Amicableoga:
Please, what documents does someone need to show at the port of entry to Canada? the person is on SOWP
Read two or thre pages back you will see the list.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by khosen: 5:01am On Sep 10, 2022
My people please you guys should help me out ooo... I'm tired of this wait. My spouse is in UK and our application is over 3months meanwhile their processing time is 12weeks, it's like nothing is happening from that office at the moment. Is it advisable for us to withdraw our application and apply through Nairobi because I can see responses are coming within 3months from Nairobi.
I don't even know how this is possible because he's based in UK so automatically the application is processed from there. I heard applications since December has not even been updated to medical passed... Mine for over 3months is still same way since the first day we submitted. I fear this might linger for months without response. I have contacted MP, no response, I have sent emails to London, no response... I need advice abeg.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pyale: 9:23am On Sep 10, 2022
@bcadedoja, I just sent you a private message...

bcadedoja:
Congratulations on this great news….may the rest of the journey be smooth for you and your family�
If you don’t mind sharing your email format with me, I will appreciate. I want to send humble email too. Application has been submitted since June

SOWP PPR is here!....

Hello house, please rejoice with me as my wife's PPR just dropped. We applied on June 16 2022, review started first week in August and medical was updated to pass on August 8 (did upfront medical). Bvl letter sent on August 17th, and ever since then, no update!

Although we were worried why BVL was sent without PPR, we were calm as the application has been processed faster than we expected (65 wks processing time as at the time we submitted in June)

But on seeing the message that @Kam3 posted this morning that her/his PPR already dropped, I was motivated to contact IRCC since Kam3 submitted his/her application in July while we submitted June.

I immediately wrote an email to IRCC, explaining that we were yet to hear back from them since BVL was sent. I immediately received a confirmation email that I will be responded to in 5 working days. Since it's late here Canada, I was just about going to bed when my wife called that I should check her gmail for an email from IRCC.

Lo and behold, PPR message has dropped! That was just like 28 mins after I sent the email to IRCC.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pyale: 9:58am On Sep 10, 2022
Hello,
I can understand how frustrating it's that processing time has elapsed for your application and you are yet to receive any updates on your application. You ought to have received decision on your application by now considering that the UK has a low processing time of 12 wks.

I can see you have made efforts to contact IRCC. If you currently reside in Canada, you may want to call the IRCC helpline to speak to an agent. While it's difficult to get them to answer the phone, I just did a research online, and stumbled on this trick (see attached photos). I guess the 8am in the attached files is in ET (Ontario time zone)

Regarding if you should withdraw the application and apply through Nairobi, that would involve your husband relocating to Nigeria from the UK.

Although you have exercised a lot of patience already, I would urge you to hold on for a little while. While you wait, keep praying!

I hope this helps...

Best wishes!

khosen:
My people please you guys should help me out ooo... I'm tired of this wait. My spouse is in UK and our application is over 3months meanwhile their processing time is 12weeks, it's like nothing is happening from that office at the moment. Is it advisable for us to withdraw our application and apply through Nairobi because I can see responses are coming within 3months from Nairobi.
I don't even know how this is possible because he's based in UK so automatically the application is processed from there. I heard applications since December has not even been updated to medical passed... Mine for over 3months is still same way since the first day we submitted. I fear this might linger for months without response. I have contacted MP, no response, I have sent emails to London, no response... I need advice abeg.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by olutoyiin: 4:43pm On Sep 10, 2022
Please Guys does anyone know how possible for one to apply for SOWP for spouse and visa for kids while the study permit holder is still in Nigeria. I intend to do so and wanted to have an idea of this has been done before and what amount of money is required as pof and documents to present. Please all information would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Candyomi: 10:59pm On Sep 10, 2022
Good day everyone.
I would like to ask some questions concerning completing sowp.
My husband is an international student and is in the process of applying for the family. Should he state in the letter that he is engaged with a part time job base on Ircc regulation.To complete the client information for my son who is applying for a study Permit,can we attach his last school result in Nigeria.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by khosen: 11:23pm On Sep 10, 2022
Thank you so much. This is quite helpful, I appreciate.
Pyale:
Hello,
I can understand how frustrating it's that processing time has elapsed for your application and you are yet to receive any updates on your application. You ought to have received decision on your application by now considering that the UK has a low processing time of 12 wks.

I can see you have made efforts to contact IRCC. If you currently reside in Canada, you may want to call the IRCC helpline to speak to an agent. While it's difficult to get them to answer the phone, I just did a research online, and stumbled on this trick (see attached photos). I guess the 8am in the attached files is in ET (Ontario time zone)

Regarding if you should withdraw the application and apply through Nairobi, that would involve your husband relocating to Nigeria from the UK.

Although you have exercised a lot of patience already, I would urge you to hold on for a little while. While you wait, keep praying!

I hope this helps...

Best wishes!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gaeul(f): 1:49am On Sep 11, 2022
Please don't complicate things for yourself, it's just three months...Canada visa and patience are twins...Besides only very few have fast processing times, some via Nairobi waited for a year plus..

Some months ago visitors visa were processed fast, now its been delayed and SOWP is being processed fast...IRCC are unpredictable so just chill and relax....
khosen:

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gaeul(f): 1:51am On Sep 11, 2022
If you plan to stay and work, go for SOWP beacuse it's not fun applying for visa twice...
Restricted:
Hello guys, its really nice to be here reading from soo many gurus and all the success stories are quite encouraging. My wife got to Canada 2 weeks ago and i plan to join her soon. I read that SOWP takes atleast of 6months to be processed but visit visa is faster. I will like to ask for the suggestion of the gurus in the house. Should i apply for visit visa and change status once i get to Canada? @Kam3, @skull4eva, @Pyale, @jimogh111 your input is highly needed please.

Thanks guys
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 19CannyMum: 3:46am On Sep 11, 2022
skull4eva:

Yes you can atleast for now

How does this work please or where can I get mow details?

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.