Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

1GhanaMan's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1GhanaMan's Profile / 1GhanaMan's Posts

(1) (of 1 pages)

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by 1GhanaMan: 11:32pm On Jul 13, 2018
[quote author=Bubuyaya2015 post=69357070][/quote]

Thanks!

So that means below message on their site is not valid, right?

"We’ll send you instructions on how to get your medical exam done. You must go for your medical exam within 30 days of receiving these instructions."
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 by 1GhanaMan: 10:29pm On Jul 13, 2018
Hello All,

Long time... Please this might have been answered here; should one do upfront medical and submit with e-APR or wait for it to be requested? if the latter, how can the application be submitted with uploading the medical report?

Thank in advance
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 1GhanaMan: 7:57pm On Apr 18, 2018
IQAS evaluated someone with a physiotherapy degree (5 years - BSC plus 1 year clinical) as equivalent to a 4 year BSC; does anyone know if the person could query IQAS and get it rectified as a professional degree? If Pharmacy, a 5 years course, is evaluated as a professional degree why not Physiotherapy? angry

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 1GhanaMan: 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2018
A friend is a physiotherapist and we are wondering which ECA institution to use for his evaluation. I believe his BSc + 1 year clinical shd be evaluated as a professional qualification. Is IQAS the best for this type of evaluation?

Another concern with IQAS is the timeline for processing - 12weeks averagely
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 1GhanaMan: 8:31pm On Jan 09, 2018
lovetree:
@emelueobi......still the same issue

I hope u didn't put the $ sign. If u did then remove it and try again.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 1GhanaMan: 8:30pm On Jan 09, 2018
This link has loads of real looking IELTS tests with answers for practice. Most are in the academic format but the handful General IELTS tests is very helpful. For listening, academic and general are same so no wahala with that.

https://ieltsonlinetests.com/catalogue

8 Likes 2 Shares

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 1GhanaMan: 10:18pm On Dec 30, 2017
Ibusho:
Dear All,

Greeting! I need clarifications on the questions below

1 I want to register my wife for WES and her surname name has changed from her fathers name to mine, how will I now register her for wes. Is it with my name or her fathers name.

2 If am to use her fathers surname as the level of registering for WES at what point are we going to indicate that the surname has changed in our quest for EE

3 Does professional certification add points eg CIPM, ICAN etc.

1. What I did was to include anything that shows that she is married and as such, the change in surname. I included our marriage certificate and gazette in addition to a letter explaining the situation. This is the format in which her name was written on the WES ECA output:

Maiden surname (Current surname) First name...

2. I used my surname from the onset for the application

3. I believe WES and co do not evaluate professional certificates; this is subject to confirmation by the gurus in this field though.

I hope this helps
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 1GhanaMan: 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2017
einsteino:

grin to some of us, former study permit applicants, greetings from Accra Visa office is akin to "greetings from your village people" .. AVO & bad memories: purpose of visit, travel history, insufficent funds, no home ties, employment situation, personal assets

@einsteino

I know right grin; however, once we've set our minds on this destiny it's gonna happen. The route to the destination is not as important as the destination itself cool

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 1GhanaMan: 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2017
sleekysilk:

Yea! 1GhanaMan in da building...representing AVO grin
@bolded, ...and you shall not be disappointed. It will surely end in praise for you. Keep keeping on...you'll get there

@sleekysilk

Repping AVO bigly cool

Thanks for the motivation.
Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 1GhanaMan: 5:44pm On Dec 24, 2017
bbaby84:

The bolded gladened my heart.... lol
Enjoy and achieve what you've set your mind to.

If you can snag the 30 points for French you may not need to wait till Sept 2018.

I wish you all the best.
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

@bbaby84

Thanks a lot. I'm gonna dedicate 6 months for the TEF and see how it goes.

Merry Xmas to u too.

1 Like

Travel / Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 by 1GhanaMan: 7:25pm On Dec 23, 2017
Hello all,

I have bn ff this page for quite sometime now and I'm really impressed with the way things are run here. However, It looks like there are only a handful of Ghanaians here sad

My story so far:

Got admission to U of Calgary for MEng Pet Eng but I was bounced the visa just last August. The idea was to get PR thru school. After this was when I discovered this page and decided to write IELTS and go thru the EE route. I wrote the IELTS with my wife (who also has BSc) and got LRWS - 8,6.5,7,7.5 (mine) - 7.5,6.5,7,7 (wifee's). Concurrently, I applied to Coventry University (campus in Ghana hosted by GTUC) for a 1yr MSc program which I started last September. I wrote the IELTS again on Dec 2 and got LRWS - 8,7,7.5,7. This shot my CRS to 405. Mind u, I'm 34 years wink. After my masters in Sept, 2018 I'm gonna be in the range of ITA. I have some basic proficiency in French so I'm considering polishing it and giving the TEF a try, just in case the scores for ITA do not plummet after my masters degree.

My motivation to do this has come from this page considering the fact that pple are being splashed with PR day in day out.

As u pple say - "It shall all end in praise"

Greetings from the Accra Visa Office grin

Congrats to all ITA and PR recipients

36 Likes

(1) (of 1 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.