Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,907 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

1kinggy's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1kinggy's Profile / 1kinggy's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 40 pages)

Properties / Re: Soludo Constructing 17 Units Of Modern Commissioners Quarters In Awka (video&pic by 1kinggy(m): 9:07pm On Mar 26
KingKO22:
Celebrating commissioners quarters in Anambra in 2024?

A gargantuan waste of states limited resources. The cost of maintaining those apartments in the coming months will be more than the cost of building them.
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 6:45pm On Feb 05
megawealth01:
Today's Top volumes trades

Top of the morning to all my paddies

Please, which app or platform is this?
Travel / Re: Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) by 1kinggy(m): 10:31am On Jan 28
jedisco:

Hehe... thats not income/taxable revenue. HMRC isnt bothered abt it.

But the risk folks take sef. Tomorrow, stories would arise.

Why not put that same 2k monthly in an ISA (cash or stocks) and get interest or growth on it which is interest free? If you're worried about dipping in, a fixed term cash ISA would help.

For early takers, ajo/esusu/contribution provides a soft loan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 10:35am On Jan 21
ositadima1:

I agree with you that the share price may drop later in the year, especially if better investment alternatives become available. An 8% dividend yield (2/23.9) may not be enough of an incentive for some investors.

Regarding whether 2 naira is possible, if we check UCAP's 2022 income statement, it lost 6 billion in credit losses, compared to just 450 million in 2021. I doubt the losses will be as high in 2023, and I feel 2023 was a better year overall than 2022.

So a share price of 2 naira or even higher seems possible.

Still, 2 naira would bring the dividend yield to 77%, which is well below the 128% from fixed income. Maybe that "person" will consider selling half their shares, as you suggested.

What?!
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 10:34am On Jan 21
Agbalowomeri:

Bear will come
You could still get UCAP at half price

We'd be back. At least when the pull back dips enough to staggered entry.
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 10:32am On Jan 21
emmanuelewumi:

You rebalance your portfolio, the market can't continue to rise forever, a sound stock delivery good financial performance can be stagnant for years or might even depreciate.

Some Personal Finance experts believe we should subtract our age from 120 whatever we get is what we should have in equities. Eg a 30 years investor will have 90% in equities while a 70 years investor will have 50% in equities.

We should be able to strike a balance between safety and hope.

I will advise the guy to sell some of his UCAP shares probably about half because there is a high probability that UCAP will drop to N20 and below after dividend declaration. Doubt if the company can pay a dividend of N2.00, it paid N1.50k last year

My opinion though

I've always valued your opinion and this was in line with my decision. May we see more wise elders like you in this market.

8 Likes 1 Share

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 10:30am On Jan 21
ositadima1:

You bought a stock like UCAP 4 years ago. Last year it returned 57.6% in dividends. The stock kept moving up. Now you look at its current value and see that if you liquidate now and invest in government bonds at 14 to 13%, you stand to get about 128% annually(on initial stock investment).

You want to do it, but you consider that 13% is fixed and once you are invested, neither your capital nor dividends will appreciate (or fall). However, the dividends have no ceiling and if the stock has moved this far, it would likely outperform the fixed returns over time.

You also realize that you may never be able to buy that stock at that initial price again. What would you do? grin grin grin

CC Pa Emma, Mcy56, Agba cheesy

Was in this dilemna earlier last week. I averaged UCAP below #3. Enjoyed the did year in year out. With the current capital appreciation, I was torn between your options above.

My decision. I split my holdings. Took some money off the market and expanded my business offline.

(I am 2006-2008 market crash survivor).

8 Likes 1 Share

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 10:15am On Jan 21
currentprice:
BULL Sweet sha. I smile when I over heard wife on phone planning to change dad car without asking me for support.

wonder what "Mercy" will be doing grin

grin grin grin

Mercy is on another level.

1 Like

Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 12:50pm On Jan 17
Choiceguy:

To me Oando will still trade below #11.
When chief Agba was telling us some of us here were busy doubtin.maybe they think stock market use to come down like cypto.it takes style to come down.

Price goes up again when good dividends are declared not coming down when dividends are declared

The major thing safeguarding the NGX is the 10% rule. If it's left to some players, pump and dump will follow like US penny sticks and crypt0.

1 Like

Politics / Re: 26 Rivers State House Of Assembly Members Who Defected To APC Have Lost by 1kinggy(m): 6:32pm On Dec 29, 2023
Righthussle:
PDP still dey Nigeria?

He reach to ask o.
Fashion / Re: Lady Wears Skipmy Dress To An Event (Photos, Video) by 1kinggy(m): 9:22am On Nov 24, 2023
Xosh:
Who let her in,in the first place?was she clad in hijabu?

Looks like she missed road.
Politics / Re: Senator Ifeanyi Ubah Dumps YPP, Defects To APC by 1kinggy(m): 12:47pm On Oct 12, 2023
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 12:21pm On Sep 30, 2023
wanaj0:

If I make 32m from Gambling why will I not use the 32m to gamble again?

Those saying he should have bought dividend paying stocks, did he make 32m by buying dividend paying stocks?

Someone that bought JaPaul GOLD should be ready to LOSE all his money.

Anyway, 32m school fees is not too much to pay for education.

I am sure he will make another 32m soon!

When I saw Japaul Gold on his list. I skipped.

2 Likes 1 Share

Satellite TV Technology / Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 1kinggy(m): 2:30pm On Sep 27, 2023
adubam:

I'm sure of 68cband. Then the other cband that deeperlife and mfm use for life coverage. You can also use it comfortably for about 8 Ku band

Do you install? What are the top channels or birds to track there?
Satellite TV Technology / Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 1kinggy(m): 6:01pm On Sep 23, 2023
adubam:

Sure. Core North and Lokoja you may even get Nilesat 7w, 68e C-band including sony packages.

What's the incentive for a 1.8m or above in Abuja
Investment / Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 5:57pm On Sep 23, 2023
BAMOFIN1:
@Emmansoft, @Customstreet, @Mcy2 Please I already have stock account with Morgan Capital which I have found to be very okay.To diversify I want to open a second stock account with another low fees broker that also allows its clients direct live access to the trading floor, comparable to that of Morgan. My research on this thread pinpointed Stanbic brokers because of its relative low fees but going by the discussion here at page 6967 between BabsO2 and Omoeko to the effect that they monitor their orders to Stanbic through the portal of other stockbrokers, I now hesitate to go with Stanbic. Please which is the stockbroker whose fees is low and at the same gives investors direct access to the market like the Morgan's platform? My need is a broker with low fees (I do jijo) a platform with direct view of current market bids, offers and volume on real time basis. Suggestions are welcomed and I will do my due diligence before choosing. Thanks.

Irrespective of the broker you find with a low fee, you can continue to use your access to MC to monitor trade activities .
Politics / Re: Oyo Monarchs’ Encounter: You Can’t Try Such With An Emir, Oluwo Blasts Obasanjo by 1kinggy(m): 7:30am On Sep 21, 2023
Tntsi:

You should justify obas that have become miscreants.
When your oba in lekki desecrated himself during election by bringing out oro in broad day light, where were you?

See your oba in yoruba land. Small boy de drag in bear bear.

That's their wahala. Some of them have dragged themselves into low places and meddled with the wrong people. I won't even do that to my father.
Politics / Re: Oyo Monarchs’ Encounter: You Can’t Try Such With An Emir, Oluwo Blasts Obasanjo by 1kinggy(m): 11:11am On Sep 18, 2023
Tntsi:
Nonsense talk. President obasanjo did nothing wrong.
It is even worse in the north.
In the north, a governor will not only stand an emir but he will sack him and divide his throne.
Ask the former emir of kano .

It may be right or worse elsewhere but that shouldn't justify it in Yorubaland.
Politics / Re: NLC Ends Two-day Warning Strike, Directs Workers To Resume Work by 1kinggy(m): 8:23pm On Sep 06, 2023
Omolomo4eva:
NLC is the most useless,stupid,unreliable, idiotic and foolish group in the history of the world

NLC was formidable but you see the nonsense of the last 20 or so years? Political puppets seeking after their bellies
Politics / Re: NLC Ends Two-day Warning Strike, Directs Workers To Resume Work by 1kinggy(m): 8:22pm On Sep 06, 2023
The most useless entity when it comes to the interest of Nigerian workers.

1 Like

Sports / Re: I’m A Pure Yoruba Man From Nigeria - Emmanuel Adebayor by 1kinggy(m): 7:07pm On Aug 18, 2023
BikoMERCYme:
Bastard.......
We have ADEBAYO not ADEBAYOR in Nigeria.......

Spend some data on education. That spelling is influenced by french language. His family are from Old Oyo State.

1 Like

Culture / Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by 1kinggy(m): 7:04pm On Aug 18, 2023
accordadoga24:
God bless Mary Slessor.

If not for her, these people would not be existing today. grin

That's in another part of Nigeria. Yorubas don't kill twins. They are welcomed as special blessings from God.

1 Like 2 Shares

Satellite TV Technology / Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 1kinggy(m): 9:25pm On Aug 17, 2023
Laudbtc:

I’m guessing multi tv is also called joy tv or Ghana tv right?

Same same, like Chinese will say.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by 1kinggy(m): 8:55pm On Aug 17, 2023
StrongAlphMale:

Ilorin Kwara state, osun ogun and ekiti state are owned by the Hausas and fulanis. The Yolubas are origin of Benin Republic and then settled in osun state which was given to them by the Hausas!

Ilorin in an Hausa land. The Yullobas should evacuate from there at once if they can't respect their host. It's time for the Hausas to reclaim their lands which rightly belongs to them

Please, it's time to cut off whatever you drink or smoke.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Lawyer Sues Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari For Stopping Ilorin Isese Festival by 1kinggy(m): 8:50pm On Aug 17, 2023
ThiefnubuBandit:
There is nothing Malcolm Omhirobo the charge and bail lawyer can do. Rubbish!!! Kwara State belongs to we Fulanis. Yerobas keep off!!!

Impostors everywhere
Celebrities / Re: Queen Dami: Portable Confirms Relationship With Alaafin Of Oyo Wife by 1kinggy(m): 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2023
nepapole:
This babe no get taste.

From alaafin to portable.

Bad bad taste.

Money taste same everywhere
Culture / Re: Animals Names In Yoruba And Their English Meaning by 1kinggy(m): 12:18pm On Feb 19, 2023
sharpwriter:

What are you noting angry angry angry you got it right and he was wrong!

i don't have energy to argue.
Satellite TV Technology / Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by 1kinggy(m): 12:12pm On Feb 06, 2023
graphicicon:
@ everyone , where can i watch BBnaija with 1.8m dish, my wife would not allow me to rest, she want me to get dstv, and i dont have cash,
we can talk privately on 08069338224 , i dont have browsable phone now , they stole my phone, just get to me on phone and i will call you back, please am especting your response.

It's good you want to make your wife happy but if she prioritizes BBN or any other TV show ahead of you getting a new phone... she needs to pay the sub for her show.

3 Likes

Sports / Re: Cristiano Ronaldo And Lionel Messi Play Chess In Louis Vuitton Ad by 1kinggy(m): 9:20am On Nov 20, 2022
Money!

MITCHELL96:
The best football picture of all time. Wow!

I never imagined these people will take a pic together shocked

Thanks to Louis Vuitton for bringing them together for the first time ever.
Politics / Re: Wike’s Group Pulls Out Of Atiku’s Campaign by 1kinggy(m): 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2022
Ijoh:
Wike is bringing a PDP Governoship candidate so the news is fake.

Wike backing a gubernatorial candidate is not based on him supporting a presidential candidate. The tickets are parallel and exclusive.
Religion / Re: I Did Some Research And Found Out That Just Christ Wasn't Born On 25th December by 1kinggy(m): 7:58am On Sep 02, 2022
olenyi:

You came late to the class then. grin grin

Even the Sabbath day was originally on Saturday and not on Sunday. Sun-day was to celebrate the sun god but Christians (I believe Emperor Constantine) shifted to sunday to attract more idol worshipers to join.

There's a difference between Sabbath and Sunday. Sabbatharians keep sabbaths, people who get days off use Sundays for their assigned religious activities.
Properties / Re: Small Commercial Build by 1kinggy(m): 8:26am On Sep 01, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

The whole strategy behind my real estate holding can be summed up in this quote from Will Rogers.

“Don’t wait to buy land, Buy land and wait. Find out where the people are going and buy the land before they get there.”

It’s a decidedly small convenience store and lounge to cater to the immediate neighborhood.

I’ll post a wider short so you can visualize the coming and existing development. A lot of rental flats are in the picture. This is hovering in place and looking North, East, South and West.

Thanks.

PS: I’ve said it before too that I actually don’t need to make money in Nigeria as I’m fully retired after over 3 decades in the USA, so I only invest with my slush funds which excludes me from mainstream sectors. I’m okay with that.

Ibadan is no longer a City of Brown Roofs. People underrate it at their own loss.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 40 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.