Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,919 members, 7,848,708 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:08 AM

1KOBONAIRA's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1KOBONAIRA's Profile / 1KOBONAIRA's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 12 pages)

Business / Re: Little mistakes most small business make by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 7:43am On Sep 07, 2022
This was informative.
Politics / Re: Grand Finale Of Peter Obi's US Tour In NYC (photos) by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 3:35pm On Sep 05, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Well, let's start with your admission of him hosting diplomatic officers.

How do foreign investors enter a sovereign nation to create footprint?

If you don't know borrow from Obi financial wisdom to give answer. cheesy
You're even starting to sound incoherent.
Politics / Re: Grand Finale Of Peter Obi's US Tour In NYC (photos) by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 3:31pm On Sep 05, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Financial what? cheesy cheesy

Financial investors have been visiting Tinubu and pledging their alliance.

France,
UK
USA
Germany
South Korea
China
EU

Last week Israel.

Can Obi beat that?

You just dey cap.
Excess rubbish.
Politics / Re: Peter Obi: Why Should I Steal Public Money When I’m Richer Than Joe Bidden? by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 9:28am On Sep 05, 2022
bepositive11:
This is making me think twice about Peter Obi. Where did he get his money from? He had a corporate career, ok, but how did he accumulate that much wealth? Do Nigerian companies pay millions of dollars?

He was once a governor naaa.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Peter Obi: We Should Be Careful Not To Create Another Monster - Dalung by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 5:57pm On Sep 04, 2022
Thinkam:
Peter Obi is the most engaged aspirant, in the history of presidential elections, he has been interviewed and fact checked a million times.

He is probably the most decent presidential candidate in Nigeria history that also has reasonable popularity (there are more decent candidates but none is as popular as Peter Obi) .

He is a good chap, a very nice candidate 2027 or 2031 he'll run under PDP Insha Allah

Meanwhile Atiku is coming, Atikowa 23'

May God punish you.

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: Peter Obi: Let All Presidential Candidates Stand The Way I Am Standing (Video) by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 7:49pm On Sep 03, 2022
Moh247:

Your opinion your right

I support a 70 years old Business Administration Accounting Major Chicago State University graduate

A former senator two terms Governor of Lagos State .... Hero of democracy through NADECO

If I don't attack you for your choice common sense dictate you don't attack me for mine

We both came to a restaurant, you ordered for Akpu and nsala, I ordered for Amala and Abula soup, then you walk up to my table to tell me I am eating shit

You AREE eating shit.
That's the thing.
maybe you think your current financial status would save you from the economic doom that's hellbent to happen if Tinubu becomes president.

Trust me.
You're in for a wild ride if that's your hope.
Education / Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 9:52am On Sep 03, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Okay, Ishi. Do you have a better candidate in mind that you think will lead this country well? I don't get this part... other than Atiku, Obi and Tinubu, who do you think is competent, because you said *we* should like, insinuating that we are still somehow sleeping abi? Like we still don't know right? Like the majority of people still don't know better or know well? And it seems like you're well learned and knowledgeable about everything, as you have chosen to maintain a neutrality above all of the decision and pitching of tents with a camp other people are doing, so how should we vote wisely or who should we vocal electorate vote for? 'Cause that sound condescending as heck to me, and note I am not speaking because of my support of any candidate here. If you can address me without putting that into consideration, I'll appreciate it. I mean, you think Obidients still should vote wisely. Okay. You also think BATIKUs too should vote wisely, so I am just wondering if you think NONE of the supporters have a credible candidate, who is your choice? How much more wise(r) can we get? Does the right candidate exist outside of those three? But then you believe all politicians are corrupt and are the same, so like, like what should we do? How do you think we can get things right if all options are rotten? Because I sure know criticising and criticising and criticising without an equivalent provision of a viable solution instead too will not get anything done.

And maybe I read too much in this part, but you said, "you people should better vote wisely." grin You nko? Why did you single yourself out? No, it is your choice to exercise your right or not, but you cannot choose to overtly and expressly shun political participation, while knowing that the growth, development, etc., of the country rests on the electorate and you're telling us (OBATIKUs) to go and choose well.

Reading criticisms from people who condemn active participation as much as political apathy is just... do you believe in the country or not? Do you think Nigeria can be better or not? People will either vote or not vote, and the choice will affect everyone. So you criticise the government, and then the people who will take part in changing the government, you're criticising them too. So I really mean no offense and I sincerely hope you won't take this this wrong way: what should we do? If you have the power and all, what would you do? Differently? If you are not in favour of any candidate, then that means you wouldn't vote? Then if you wouldn't vote (and will not campaign, etc) that is one power I know you have as a citizen that you're giving up. And again, I get if you want to choose to give that up, but my point is, why will you willingly give that power up and still expect others to do something right?

I think I have seen you say something like "This is Nigeria." If "this is Nigeria", then why do you still somehow think our votes may count? If you think this is Nigeria, or anyone else who thinks so should not still act like voting means anything. If you don't hold this opinion, it's fine. Let others read and see.

And you're not the only one, I see so many people, even one of my beloved musical icon criticise the state of affairs in Nigeria and how the "rest of the people" are dumb and sheeple and XYZ who don't know right and only participate in political dramas every four years and it makes me wild, yunno? grin Okay, what would you do differently? What would you do better? Are you participating in politics? If there are other ways of turning a country around for good, are you, as a non-partisan, exploring it? If you think that with the current political atmosphere in the country, Nigerians are still sleeping, what are the conditions to be met then that will make you see that people are awake? Shey as far as you are concerned, we are still sleeping as much as we were sleeping 5-10 to 16 years ago? So outside of our political culture as it is, what other alternatives do you think are there?

At least, I know some people who have not openly declared their support for a candidate, and they are still maintaining that mum decision ever since...they do not dabble into 5% of politics, but I have seen you a number of times express your disapproval for our political culture. Criticising EVERYONE. You just cannot criticise the populace voting choices, criticising the unproductivity of an apathetic populace and still wave a "I am not involving myself in anything political" flag over your head. Doesn't look to me like that should be done anywhere.

Your wisdom is uncommon.
This write-up was near-perfection and i picked something major from it.

"criticising and criticising and criticising without an equivalent provision of a viable solution instead too will not get anything done".

Thanks a lot.
Keep hammering to those politically apathetic to choose a side once and for all and be clear on who their choice candidate is!

2 Likes

Education / Re: Project Supervisor Leaves His Students In Confusion As He Relocates Abroad by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 9:42am On Sep 03, 2022
Infrabetatech:
The implications of all these needless strikes will be visible 10-20 years from now

Fact.
Politics / Re: Peter Obi: I Pray Daily That I Don't Disappiont Nigerians Who Have Faith In Me by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2022
Bar1941:
It's not about just prayer, it's more about competency and capability. You may be prayerful but it's obvious you lack the other two based on your antecedents especially using Anambra State under you as a yardstick. We are the most prayerful country in the world yet we are among the poorest. Religion is Religion and governance is governance, stop seeking undeserved sympathy from religious angles.
I want to let you know that this mini-article of yours is rubbish.
Business / Re: Buy Instagram PVA Accounts From Buyinstapva.com by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2022
What is PVA?
Politics / Re: Peter Obi Replies Okowa: Your Wife Represents You In Churches That Celebrate Me by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 9:40pm On Sep 01, 2022
affable4:
This campaign of assassination of character is getting out of hand.

No ideology, no blueprint, just ethnicity, religion, population claims and moneybags.

No visible plans. In fact, support who you may, Nigeria is gone.

They are still coming in to settle thier cohorts with the national cake.

I have never seen any country with such clueless leaders with an 'A' in nepotism.

I liked your comment because of what you said about "nepotism".

Not about Nigeria being gone.
Politics / Re: Keyamo To Okowa: Tinubu Can Delegate Any Responsibility (Security) To Shettima by 1KOBONAIRA(m): 8:53pm On Aug 31, 2022
Lagosanambra:
Please where is the biggest books market in Lagos?

I need to get some controversial books. Foreign authors.

Books like what?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 12 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.