Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,634 members, 7,958,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:57 AM

Obj Is Behind Nigeria's Problems - Tunde Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj Is Behind Nigeria's Problems - Tunde Bakare (743 Views)

'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare / Nigeria's Problems: Tunde Bakari Accuses Obasanjor / Evil Spirit Behind Nigeria’s Darkness, Power Minister Tells SA Investors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obj Is Behind Nigeria's Problems - Tunde Bakare by philips70(m): 11:50am On Nov 17, 2014
From the stables of the fearless pastor. Hear him...make your input.

Pastor and founder of Latter Rain Assembly in Lagos, Pastor Tunde Bakare, on Sunday, accused former president Olusegun Obasanjo of being responsible for the problems bedevilling the country.

He made this accusation while speaking with newsmen, shortly after delivering a speech, entitled: “The Nigeria of My Dream” at a well-attended church service to celebrate his 60th birthday.

According to him “He who wants to hear, let him hear. I am going to drum what needs to be drummed. I think Obasanjo needs to hear some things before the house collapses on him, because he is responsible for the problems we face now.”

Speaking further, Pastor Bakare, who is also the convener of Save Nigeria Group (SNG), expressed his fears about the possibility of holding 2015 general election.

Bakare, who insisted that the current security challenges in the country did not support holding a nationwide poll in 2015, declared that “it appears we are putting the cart before the horse. With the situation in the country, I do not think our primary concern should be 2015 elections.

“But you cannot win with politicians. If you ask this government to please gather people around and let us have an interim arrangement, they would be shouting elongation. If we go to elections, there would be trouble. So, I think some people who are capable and have integrity and character may have to be summoned to say, let us sit down and think of the way forward

“We need a transition government and the time frame should be two years, maximum. We need it like yesterday and believe me, there would be foreign power that would help us also, because we have gone outside the shore of this country also to talk to people who know the real clear present danger that face us.

“We need it like yesterday, but you can’t force your will upon people. He who has ear to hear, let him hear and if he doesn’t hear, a constitution that would not bend will break,” he said.

While speaking on the ‘presidential seat’, Bakare said no part of the country was born to rule as being propagated by a section of the country. He maintained that no one is a slave to the other.

“Nothing stops us from having six Dubai in the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria if we have thinkers; if we have men who know how to think through and who can pre-engineer the whole process in a short while.

“Dubai, once upon a time came, to Nigeria to borrow money. Once upon a time for three years, we paid the whole civil service fee of Trinidad and Tobago. There would be no Angola today if Nigeria did not sow a seed of $30 million.

“We have made other people rule and now I challenge the people today to rise up. Let the best, the brightest, the fittest and the most competent accept responsibility and let’s put the thinkers into power,” he counselled.

http://www.theheraldng.com/obasanjo-behind-nigerias-problems-bakare/
Re: Obj Is Behind Nigeria's Problems - Tunde Bakare by Agbalanze(m): 11:53am On Nov 17, 2014
Not far from the truth!
Re: Obj Is Behind Nigeria's Problems - Tunde Bakare by Nobody: 11:56am On Nov 17, 2014
Very apt.

No one would have believed if I had said it. cool
Re: Obj Is Behind Nigeria's Problems - Tunde Bakare by cyril10(m): 11:57am On Nov 17, 2014
Did he say something really reasonable? because I cant really decipher what he is trying to pass across.
Re: Obj Is Behind Nigeria's Problems - Tunde Bakare by QAPHAYNE: 12:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
I thought we were done with the blame games?
Re: Obj Is Behind Nigeria's Problems - Tunde Bakare by philips70(m): 12:04pm On Nov 17, 2014
cyril10:
Did he say something really reasonable? because I cant really decipher what he is trying to pass across.

Not a problem, employ an interpreter.
Re: Obj Is Behind Nigeria's Problems - Tunde Bakare by focus7: 2:44pm On Nov 17, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Court Stops Bank From Recovering £654m From Akingbola / Ex-president Olusegun Obasanjo Quotes / Don’t Postpone 2015 Polls, Tambuwal Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.