Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium (2652 Views)

Ogun To Commission 40 Projects For The Commemoration Of Her 40th Anniversary / Dickson Hoodwinks Jonathan To Commission Flyover - Sahara Reporters / Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by Wisdytech(m): 9:24pm On Nov 18, 2014
Gov Akpabio Spends N1Bn to Commission Akwa-Ibom Stadium, Plots to Have Edifice Named After Him:

Investigations has revealed that the fan fare that came with the commissioning of the new Akwa Ibom International Stadium by President Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria, alongside the Presidents of Ghana and Ivory Coast, Gov Godswill Akpabio did not come so cheap.

The ceremony that came with the commissioning gulped N1 Billion from the coffers of the state treasury.

It is also gathered that the Governor, Godswill Akpabio has begun to hatch plot to get the stadium named after him so he will remain engraved in the hearts of Nigerians and the world, as long as the stadium remains in use.

According to our sources in the government, Akpabio has already pocketed the Speaker of the House of Assembly and his colleagues to pass a motion naming the Stadium ‘Godswill Akpabio International Stadium’, despite being named ‘Nest of Champions by Akpabio already. The motion for naming the Stadium was moved on 6th November 2014 and may sail through any moment.

Despite being celebrated, prominent indigenes have already began protesting against the governor for wasting close to N1 billion just to host the dignitaries that came, an amount they argued could have built schools as well as roads in the hinterlands. The Stadium though of international standard does not have swimming pool, indoor sporting hall, lawn tennis court and even practice courts as stadiums built with the amount of money he spent have.

SOURCE: http://brainnewsng.com/gov-akpabio-spends-n1bn-to-commission-akwa-ibom-stadium-plots-to-have-edifice-named-after-him/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by Wisdytech(m): 9:24pm On Nov 18, 2014
Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by Wisdytech(m): 9:26pm On Nov 18, 2014
Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by pring: 9:54pm On Nov 18, 2014
At least it worths it.
Some politicians loots that everyday with out a pin to show for it.

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by pmc01(m): 10:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
pring:
At least it worths it.

Please go back to bed. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by gebest: 10:04pm On Nov 18, 2014
if he spend One billion naira for commissioning, so how mush he come take build am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by blesoh(f): 10:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
Akwa ibom "oyel" money @ work.
That is if its true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by guvnor83: 10:16pm On Nov 18, 2014
how do i express myself? should i grin grin grin grin grin grin or cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by Acidosis(m): 10:24pm On Nov 18, 2014
...atleast he spent the money paying dancers, cleaners, protocol, security personnel, entertainers, hotel owners, cooks; most of whom are indigenes of akwa ibom state.

I call it empowerment smiley

Some governor culprits use same amount to buy Houses they'll never sleep in Lagos; and golden bed in Ado-Ekiti.
Modified @8:23am 19/11

I have been justified! It takes common sense to understand how the governor spent N1B

Got this on page 1:
ubongutioh:
OP what's the fuss about that. Its created a temporal employment. My cousin, a year2 student in psychology participated in one of the dance, she was paid N50,000. She was also paid during the training, and also given transport stipends. More than 3,000 people participated, so kindly do the mathematics or you go and die.

Great move by the people's governor!

7 Likes

Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
Uncommon thief

1 Like

Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by chamboy(m): 10:41pm On Nov 18, 2014
Acidosis:
...atleast he spent the money paying dancers, cleaners, protocol, security personnel, entertainers, hotel owners, cooks; most of whom are indigenes of akwa ibom state.

Some governor culprits use same amount to buy Houses they'll never sleep in Lagos; and golden bed in Ado-Ekiti.
u must b silly oo, High level of wastage, 1 billion naira for one day
Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by arewafederation: 10:47pm On Nov 18, 2014
pring:
At least it worths it.
Acidosis:

Nigerians celebrating mediocrity since 1999... I don't blame you guys because you all don't know what good governance is all about.
Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by Acidosis(m): 10:47pm On Nov 18, 2014
chamboy:
u must b silly oo, High level of wastage, 1 billion naira for one day

You are a goat. Do you know what it takes to maintain a stadium? organize an event covering 30,000+ audience including 3 Presidents?

Do you know the impact of the 1-day event (publicity) on the stadium; the people of Akwa Ibom & Nigeria as a whole?

Oh, you must be an Ijebu man (no "offeisnse"wink.

7 Likes

Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by chamboy(m): 10:52pm On Nov 18, 2014
Acidosis:

You are a goat. Do you know what it takes to maintain a stadium? organize an event covering 30,000+ audience including 3 Presidents?

Do you know the impact of the 1-day event (publicity) on the stadium; the people of Akwa Ibom & Nigeria as a whole? And all covers 1b

Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by Acidosis(m): 10:53pm On Nov 18, 2014
arewafederation:

Nigerians celebrating mediocrity since 1999... I don't blame you guys because you all don't know what good governance is all about.

Mr man; this man has done greater things in the state (including an International Airport) without any media noise; you don't just build a world class stadium in a city like Uyo and expect the governor to keep quiet an make it look like one of these township stadiums in your state.

I don't want to use the word "dum. b" but must we criticize everything? including issues we clearly don't understand?

Publicity sells people!

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by Acidosis(m): 11:00pm On Nov 18, 2014
[quote author=chamboy post=28138692][/quote]

Don Jazzy and his crew received (minimum) N10million. Don Jazzy goes back home to pay his workers, secretary, NEPA bill, rents, etc.
In so far as the money circulates within the state (and partially Nigeria), then I don't see any waste in his action.

The ROI will surely exceed the meagre N1Billion.

4 Likes

Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by arewafederation: 11:02pm On Nov 18, 2014
Acidosis:

Mr man; this man has done greater things in the state (including an International Airport) without any media noise; you don't just build a world class stadium in a city like Uyo and expect the governor to keep quiet an make it look like one of these township stadiums in your state.

I don't want to use the word "dum. b" but must we criticize everything? including issues we clearly don't understand?

Publicity sells people! Where did you people come from? Ijebu-land?

You support spending as much as a billion naira just for publicity in a state that lacks basic infrastructure? Stop telling lies about the achievements of Akpabio who doesn't know is priorities.

Bross, you know nothing about good governence that is why our leaders will continue to bleed us dry.
Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by Acidosis(m): 11:23pm On Nov 18, 2014
arewafederation:

You support spending as much as a billion naira just for publicity in a state that lacks basic infrastructure? Stop telling lies about the achievements of Akpabio who doesn't know is priorities.

Bross, you know nothing about good governence that is why our leaders will continue to bleed us dry.

Some of you are over-estimating the meaning of N1b.

N1b is the annual salary of 10 Bank CEOs.

Now if a governor decide to spend that amount on maintenance, entertainment, accommodation, travels, advertisement (media); then I see no wrong, bro.

Do you even know what it takes to run a live broadcast? Ordinary 1minute advert on a popular TV station cost N1m; let alone a 5-6 hour live broadcast by AIT.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by nigerianvenom(m): 11:31pm On Nov 18, 2014
Acidosis:

Why do u argue with online bed bugs?ignore them and let them continue spreading their stupidityy to the entire world

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 18, 2014
pring:
At least it worths it.
Your type hinders the progress of a nation.
Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by holatin(m): 11:49pm On Nov 18, 2014
really
Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by tinkinjow: 12:48am On Nov 19, 2014
Their pains know no bound. The Akpabio haters script writers club. Akpabio sure knows how to rub it in.
Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by southsouthman: 4:24am On Nov 19, 2014
And Amaechi spent 3b to host APC big wigs to come eat and dance in the name of marking his seventh year in office. This was followed by Oshio Baba even as civil servants in the state are been owed salaries for over seven months. You did not see any of these to talk about

4 Likes

Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by chamboy(m): 4:41am On Nov 19, 2014
southsouthman:
And Amaechi spent 3b to host APC big wigs to come eat and dance in the name of marking his seventh year in office. This was followed by Oshio Baba even as civil servants in the state are been owed salaries for over seven months. You did not see any of these to talk about
Thats anoda waste, I knw dis ameachi to b too wasteful
Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by chamboy(m): 4:46am On Nov 19, 2014
Amaechi spend 3b to host APC niggas = waste
Akpabio spent 1b for stadium opening = waste
GEJ spent 3b for inauguration party = waste
Fayemi spent 50m on bed = waste

We need to start bringing this guys to book not celebrating dem for Looting

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:44am On Nov 19, 2014
This is what I call uncommon transformation grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by disloman(m): 7:03am On Nov 19, 2014
pring:
At least it worths it.
F00l
Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by disloman(m): 7:05am On Nov 19, 2014
Acidosis:

SMH.make I no talk wetin dey my mouth.
Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by disloman(m): 7:08am On Nov 19, 2014
Acidosis:

Do you know the impact of the 1-day event (publicity) on the stadium; the people of Akwa Ibom & Nigeria as a whole?

SMH
Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by disloman(m): 7:12am On Nov 19, 2014
Acidosis:

Some of you are over-estimating the meaning of N1b.

N1b is the annual salary of 10 Bank CEOs.

Now if a governor decide to spend that amount on maintenance, entertainment, accommodation, travels, advertisement (media); then I see no wrong, bro.

Do you even know what it takes to run a live broadcast? Ordinary 1minute advert on a popular TV station cost N1m; let alone a 5-6 hour live broadcast by AIT.
Haaaaaaaaaaaa.Bro!u can lie oooo.A min. Advert=N1m?SMH
Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by Chicheey: 7:12am On Nov 19, 2014
Gov.Akpabio is the best governor so far not those that will be commissioning "flowers,street light,generators etc"Appreciate good things in your life and you shall know good but if otherwise you know what will befall you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Akpabio Spends N1bn To Commission Akwa-ibom Intl. Stadium by tyson99(m): 7:27am On Nov 19, 2014
Acidosis:

wey ni sorire fun ijebu ro nbu yen,oloshi!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Case For Buhari Prosecution By ICC / Do Not Be Deceived By The Transparency International Report. / Power Supply: All Homes In Lagos Will Be Lit In Six Months If… —fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.