Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day (1291 Views)

Groom Proudly Shows Off His Ring (Lovely Wedding Photo) / Man Asks Side Chic To Delete His Photo From Her Instagram Page / Who Is At Fault - The Groom, Bride Or The Side Chick? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 19, 2014
It wasn’t quite 'love at first sight' for a groom who asked to divorce his new wife in a wedding day disaster in Saudi Arabia

A heartless groom reportedly demanded a divorce on his wedding day when he saw his bride's face for the first time. The Saudi husband apparently had a change of heart when his wife lifted her veil for a photograph on her big day.

According to Saudi daily newspaper Okaz, the man jumped to his feet and announced he wanted an immediate separation. “You are not the one I had imagined,” he told her. “I am sorry, but I divorce you.”

The couple had both agreed to the arranged marriage without meeting face-to-face, Okaz reports. “The groom said he had not been able to see his bride's face before marriage,” the newspaper said. “When he divorced her, the bride collapsed and the wedding turned into a night of tears.” Shocked guests at the wedding in Medina, a city in western Saudi Arabia, reportedly stepped in to try and resolve the argument.

However, it doesn’t seem likely the pair putaside their differences in time for a honeymoon.

Meanwhile, another man in Saudi Arabia is seeking to divorce after claiming his wife kept ignoring his WhatsApp messages.

Source: The Telegraph UK
Re: Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day by Freest(m): 6:57am On Nov 19, 2014
Cool...keep it up
Re: Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day by Tallesty1(m): 6:58am On Nov 19, 2014
Marriage is losing its taste by day. I don't think the next generation will venture into it at all.
Re: Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 19, 2014
Tallesty1:
Marriage is losing its taste by day. I don't think the next generation will venture into it at all.

What's the point of putting a ring on it when you can still get that thing ring or no ring, abi?
Re: Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day by jnrbayano(m): 7:02am On Nov 19, 2014
Arabian marriage
Re: Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day by Tallesty1(m): 7:05am On Nov 19, 2014
xcapizt:

What's the point of putting a ring on it when you can still get that thing ring or no ring, abi?
Something like that,
Y'see, only a few people are getting what they expected in the marriage. The rest are dying in silence so why take such risk when you can still get what you want without marriage.
Re: Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day by MizMyColi(f): 7:10am On Nov 19, 2014

Lolest!
grin
I laugh in Mandarin
Re: Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 19, 2014
MizMyColi:

Lolest!
grin
I laugh in Mandarin
lool send a voice note..would love to hear u laff in mandarin
Re: Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day by Dahjhi: 7:17am On Nov 19, 2014
Tell me something. Marriage without seeing her faze? The man just caused unnecessary commotion for himself... Marriage this days,,,, hish
Re: Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day by Infomizer(m): 7:25am On Nov 19, 2014
xcapizt:

Quintessential "why buy the cow when the milk is free" scenario. Lol

Tallesty1:

I'm inclined to agree with you, but maybe the next generation prediction thingy is exaggerated. Poco a poco, it's societal significance is dying a slow death.
Re: Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day by Richiy(f): 7:34am On Nov 19, 2014
Tallesty1:
Something like that,
Y'see, only a few people are getting what they expected in the marriage. The rest are dying in silence so why take such risk when you can still get what you want without marriage.

Talk about dying in silence. I observed that a lot of married people around me are doing just that. Honestly, for something so unpredictable, marriage is highly overrated.
Re: Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day by lanxlot(m): 7:37am On Nov 19, 2014
all this arrangee marriage sha......el clon
Re: Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day by MizMyColi(f): 7:39am On Nov 19, 2014
Cutehector4u:
lool send a voice note..would love to hear u laff in mandarin

grin
As soon as I regain my voice dear.
Re: Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 19, 2014
MizMyColi:

grin
As soon as I regain my voice dear.
lool after all d midnight call wey u do wit ur boyfrnd abi
Re: Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day by MizMyColi(f): 7:43am On Nov 19, 2014
undecided
Cutehector4u:
lool after all d midnight call wey u do wit ur boyfrnd abi
Re: Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 19, 2014
MizMyColi:
undecided
would still love to hear ur voice tho....
Re: Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day by kelechiMarie(f): 8:20am On Nov 19, 2014
embarassedsaw her face for the first time cheesycheesy
Re: Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day by Exjoker(m): 9:39am On Nov 19, 2014
Tallesty1:
Are you predicting the end of family life?
Re: Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 22, 2014
It's the breed. The people are losing themselves. It seems everyone carries deceit in their hearts and marriage is becoming a tie that they don't want to be held with. Even those that say they love you sometimes don't, they only love the idea of it. Me? I have given up on it! Love just sucks and relationship stinks like hell right now! Marriage? its been bastardized.

1 Like

Re: Groom Asks Bride For Divorce On Their Wedding Day by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2014
Tallesty1:
Something like that,
what is that thing? is it sex? people should know that surounding themselves with people is very beneficial for their old age. and marriage is one of the leading factors in raising responsible children.

(1) (Reply)

10 Ways To Know If U Are Insane. / Why Can't Matured Adults Date Themselves And Likewise Youngsters? / 20 Things I Wish I Had Known When Starting Out In Life “

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.