Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? (2069 Views)

Why Do Guys Feel Intimidated By Girls With Cars? / Are Nigerian Men Intimidated By Their Counterparts Successes? / Are Nigerian Girls Intimidated By Handsome Boys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by LaurelP(m): 10:15pm On Nov 19, 2014
I've come to realise that men don't really like wooing or befriending ladies who are very confident. Ladies who can speak up at any place and time and aren't afraid of anybody.

Such ladies are often single and don't get as much attention from men as the more reserved ones. I know of this lady who is very beautiful and has assets that every man would love. But this very lady is just too confident; she doesn't care she can walk up to anybody and strike up a conversation, she says her mind the way she feels. As in, she no send anybody! Infact I was in a seminar with her and immediately she came until the end, everybody already knew her.

I realize dat men are usually intimidated by such ladies. Why

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 19, 2014
the reverse is the case for me ,i love confident ladies cheesy
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by freshness2020: 10:20pm On Nov 19, 2014
Inferiority complex is τ̲̅ђe word brother!
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by nwafuluozoh: 10:22pm On Nov 19, 2014
"Men" keh or some men?
Count me out cos nobody who has to squat to urinate will ever intimidate me.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by LaurelP(m): 10:25pm On Nov 19, 2014
freshness2020:
Its not
Men naturally prefer ladies who are a bit reserved, cos we love respect
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by LaurelP(m): 10:25pm On Nov 19, 2014
freshness2020:
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 19, 2014
Some men don't want strong, confident and independent women because they themselves aren't strong, confident and independent
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 19, 2014
Confident women are a turn on.

They only intimidate wussies
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by Lordabas: 10:36pm On Nov 19, 2014

Op
What planet are you living on?
Men usually like that type of women.

But what happens is many women allow that confidence to manifest into arrogance & unhealthy self pride. Then boO0om...it becomes a relationship kiLLer

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 19, 2014
This is the ANSWER!

Man was created to lead and dominate. God, of course gave him that ORDER, whether he is poor or rich!

Seeing a "confident", maybe "bossy" woman (coz WISDOM demands you don't wash your dirty linen in public) kind of creates a picture of one who may want to rebel against his government, as it were...lol.

It is in him!

Money enhances it though!

Men are not intimidated by confident women...

No MAN likes to share his authority including the OP and white men too, Ask Hollywood Stars!

No Real Man likes to see another person who is meant to be "under" trying to dominate... even at work place...

Love your wives, yes!

Wives, honour your husbands as the head of the home... Simple!
This do and you'll be called "fool" by your friends but that "foolishness" is wisdom in disguise... And The Happiness You Really Want, You'll get...

Sorry To Derail ooo

I met these ladies...Two sisters... I was like, which one? I went out of my way one day, to buy them something that cost me...

THANK You, them no talk till tomorrow...
Me too, naturally, I just stopped...

Every Man, I mean Every man craves for Sincere Appreciation, Then maybe Submission... Not Maybe oo...

Thank You, won't break your stilettos naa...

PS: Some men are intimidated by "confident" women because they're BROKE!

When a man hits jackpot, his hormones releases what I term, "Pridogenesis"...
The "average" earners that are not intimidated are probably LEARNED or HIGH on WEED!

Take It!
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by ERCROSS(m): 10:40pm On Nov 19, 2014
Jeez...
Nigerians and hypocrisy...

See dem dey form BADOO for hia.. Meanwhile for reality, For where ? U no go even see their breaklight..
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by clubone05: 10:43pm On Nov 19, 2014
I've never met a confident lady in naija b4...u mean arrogant ladies. ..
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by LaurelP(m): 10:43pm On Nov 19, 2014
ERCROSS:
Jeez...
Nigerians and hypocrisy...

See dem dey form BADOO for hia.. Meanwhile for reality, For where ? U no go even see their breaklight..

No mind dem
I just dey look dem
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by LaurelP(m): 10:47pm On Nov 19, 2014
CalabarBoi:

nwafuluozoh:
"Men" keh or some men?
Count me out cos nobody who has to squat to urinate will ever intimidate me.
CalabarBoi:

Na ppl like una dey self service for real life
Come online dey form boss
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by Freshtomato(f): 10:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
Confident men find confident women sexy. But Confidence is one thing and "over confidence" is another. When a woman become over confident, most men see it as pride and arrogance. #justsaying

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 19, 2014
LaurelP:

Na ppl like una dey self service for real life
Come online dey form boss
self service in real life right? Your folly amazes me.

Get busy with your time and quit creating useless threads by the second.
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by LaurelP(m): 10:53pm On Nov 19, 2014
CalabarBoi:
self service in real life right? Your folly amazes me.

Get busy with your time and quit creating useless threads by the second.
Busy man!
If you're dat busy shudnt u be in ur office?
Or do you work here?
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 19, 2014
You keep amazing me with your folly.

Which office in Nigeria is still open at 11pm?
LaurelP:

Busy man!
If you're dat busy shudnt u be in ur office?
Or do you work here?
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by Houseofglam7(f): 11:05pm On Nov 19, 2014
Reading above comments...
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by LaurelP(m): 11:08pm On Nov 19, 2014
CalabarBoi:
You keep amazing me with your folly.

Which office in Nigeria is still open at 11pm?

You're d biggest fool I've ever seen
Didn't u just say I shud get busy
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 19, 2014
LaurelP:

You're d biggest fool I've ever seen
Didn't u just say I shud get busy
damn! People like you make me want to renounce my Nigerian Citizenship.

I asked you to make good use of your time and stop being on Nairaland 24/7 creating useless threads.

Quote me at your discretion

you are not going to get another reply from me
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by numericalguy(m): 11:23pm On Nov 19, 2014
LaurelP:
I've come to realise that men don't really like wooing or befriending ladies who are very confident. Ladies who can speak up at any place and time and aren't afraid of anybody.

Such ladies are often single and don't get as much attention from men as the more reserved ones. I know of this lady who is very beautiful and has assets that every man would love. But this very lady is just too confident; she doesn't care she can walk up to anybody and strike up a conversation, she says her mind the way she feels. As in, she no send anybody! Infact I was in a seminar with her and immediately she came until the end, everybody already knew her.

OP, you have just described a lousy lady.

Confdent ladies are not lousy.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by LaurelP(m): 11:27pm On Nov 19, 2014
CalabarBoi:
damn! People like you make me want to renounce my Nigerian Citizenship.

I asked you to make good use of your time and stop being on Nairaland 24/7 creating useless threads.

Quote me at your discretion

you are not going to get another reply from me

Dey dia dey form wetin u neva reach
Mumu
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 20, 2014
Sorry, we don't want "confident" ladies because they're lousy and will always cause friction at home except you leave her to run the home.
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by LORETA: 12:10am On Nov 20, 2014
hahah confident lady usually have issues with marriages,..they forget that they are women and they want to take the position of the man.....so no man is ready to allow that.so prevention is better than cure
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by Tinalex(f): 12:25am On Nov 20, 2014
@numericalguy...you said the main thing...i duff my cap. op...plsss...there is a big difference between being lousy and confident. what you described is a lousy chic which is a big turn-off for most men!!!. who wants to be with a lady who doesn't shut up,and full of oversabi.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by Truckpusher(m): 3:47am On Nov 20, 2014
Who wants to roll with somebody that appears and sound confident and outspoken, only to shrink and use sex to get around the corner as soon as the heat is on them? undecided

If you know the secrets of confident and independent ladies, you'd stick to the reserved ones.
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by justmag(m): 3:51am On Nov 20, 2014
LaurelP:

Such ladies are often single and don't get as much attention from men as the more reserved ones. I know of this lady who is very beautiful and has assets that every man would love. But this very lady is just too confident; she doesn't care she can walk up tok anybody and strike up a conversation, she says her mind the way she feels. As in, she no send anybody! Infact I was in a seminar with her and immediately she came until the end, everybody already knew her.

Not me! That's the woman of my dream. A confident woman is worth alot.
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by Truckpusher(m): 4:02am On Nov 20, 2014
numericalguy:

OP, you have just described a lousy lady.

Confdent ladies are not lousy.
Unfortunately most of them mistaken their lousy and arrogant nature for self confidence and being independent, and of course you have their minions and copycats following suit without finding out how those so-called 'confident and independent' losers ended up.

We have too many of them here on NL,and too bad again they are so broke. grin
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by moneyhungry(m): 4:40am On Nov 20, 2014
Whatever. She just should be independent, that's all.
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by Nobody: 5:21am On Nov 20, 2014
Where i come from, Men love confident Ladies cool Unfortunately, society impression of what a man wants in a woman is slightly different. What man wants a woman who can't speak for herself, love herself or even be Independent too. Do you want a woman who is always gonna keep on asking you questions because she is so insecure of herself, and suddenly you lose interest in her, Nah! undecided you don't want that
Re: Why Are Men Intimidated By Confident Ladies? by Nhamoyedu: 7:10am On Nov 20, 2014
@op, coz men do not believe women are confident. In fact men believe women are over confident. They can pursue confidence carrying on killing the confidence of men, eg, when men really believe women are confident, they are actually over confident that even if they were to cheat, they do it in an overtous manner just to evince their (over) confidence. I think real men are not naive about this, and would not be swayed aside to be attracted by overzealous women who mistake the double meanings of their actions. C'mon, how long do we stand to be feminist, a man is a person, and a woman is not, and so confidence is attributed to people, period!

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Signs You Are In The Right Relationship / 25 Landlords Storm Police Station To Report Suspected Homosexual Rapist / Too Many Pretty Ladies On Nairaland, I Wanna Fvck Them All.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.