Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano (27932 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / 10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners / A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Angelou(m): 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2014
macpetrus:
Welcome developement...

"My grandfather once told me; 'The soul of business is not making money but making people happy." ~ Aliko Dangote
donating a portion of your fortune to the people is how to make people happy, and not by exploiting then and making exorbitant gains on their heads - Danjuma Goje grin kiss

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by merieam16(f): 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2014
capricun:
Hybrid tomatoes. I don't like the idea
u don't need 2 like d idea cos ur opinion dosnt count,moreover u don't see wat he's seeing
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2014
Now for the question that nobody asked;
What exactly is a hybrid tomato

-Natural crossbreed,
-imported varieties
or
-Genetically modified 1/3 tomato 1/3 cockroach 1/3 synthetic rubber?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Dandas: 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2014
Pls who is "Dangote"
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by anonimi: 5:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
It would be nice if anyone has pictures of the factory and post here for greater information.

Meanwhile this was a post from almost two years ago about the factory =>

thelastPope:
I was watching the Money Show on AIT yesterday and was impressed with the GEJ agriculture transformation. So much is going on across the country. But of particular note was the Tomato revolution somewhere in kano and a guest, who is an agriculture lecturer revealed that Dangote was setting up a tomato processing plant right in the middle of the tomato farms to mop up the big tomato harvest resulting from the agricultural transformation agenda. This is great news and another plus to both Dangote and GEJ. This is also an example of a good PPP. The agric minster is sure making things happen

I have always been impressed by how this man, Dangote, has continued to invest in Nigeria despite all the talk of poor infrastructure and insecurity. He is probably the only truly patriotic Nigeria businessman out there today. If only we had like 10 Dangotes, Nigeria would have been transformed by now. Just imagine if the past leaders and military rulers, who sucked the country dry, have invested half their stolen wealth back into the system in the form of industries. We would have had an industrial revolution by now. But they chose to take the money abroad and stash it away in oblivion. This is why I will continue to say our problem is not just corruption but a broken identity. Imagine Danjuma made 500 million dollars from sale of his allocated oil block and shamelessly and disdainfully told Nigerians he didnt know what to do with the money! How about given out loans to small scale industries? The foool didnt even pay for the oil block. There was no bidding process. The military rulers just sat down, placed a map of Niger Delta on the table and used bic biro (sorry, fountain pen) to share the oil wells! Shikena!

But thank God for Dangote. In some years time, when the government decides to ban importation of tomato paste because Dangote tomato processing plant is producing enough tomatoes for the Nigerian market, some idiotas will come on here to say he is monopolizing the market. But other billionaires and multi millionaires in Nigeria will not come out now to invest but will prefer to continue to import these products to the detriment of the Nigerian economy. The country cannot change without true patriots. We need real patriots who will believe and sacrifice, not Internet trolls and twitter warlords who add no value to our collective lives!

Haters of PROGRESS please take a chill pill angry
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 21, 2014
Arsenate:
oh now I get you. all of a sudden you've decided to split the north into two; middle belt and core north.
truth is middle belt is part of the north. i know that cos I'm from one of the middle beltan states.
That is coming a bleeped Northern ideologist. It is now part of North the people don't usually agree with. What do you say about Jos, Benue,etc who citizens don't want to be treated as Northerners?! Burger off! You only agree it is part of North when it suits you!

You aren't play with a fool here. I might possibly know more about Nigeria's politic than you do. Get your head checked and see if the Middle Belt would join North in the course of splitting the nation(I am not saying Nigeria should divide). You would see the people would rather have their own nation that joining Arewa in their religious fanaticism and ethnic jingoism - attacking villagers in their horses every now and then.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Angelou(m): 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2014
Dandas:
Pls who is "Dangote"
dangote is who your father was destined 2 b liked, before the devil robbed him of his destiny along abaliki highway
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by donmalcolm21(m): 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2014
I'm not comfortable with all these hybrid crops because of the long term effects on the body system. The rich thinks about profit at the expense of peoples health.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Lilimax(f): 5:45pm On Nov 21, 2014
Tomatoes made through Biotechnology on my mind embarassed
How safe are they?

But I though that genetic modified crops do have long term adverse effect on humans undecided
I need some clarifications smiley.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by merieam16(f): 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2014
darlenese:
In my next life i'm gonna be a dangote
wat if his end is noting 2 write home about,u had beta be urself..humble advice
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2014
See ignorant nigerians getting happy over hybrid food, not knowing that hybrid is a death trap.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by j4sure(m): 5:48pm On Nov 21, 2014
Vicjay1:
A welcome innovation. Not some warlords posing as legislators.
dis ur signature they make me laugh. Who is Hon patrick with ds grama
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 21, 2014
onoja12:
Educate?you wrote?save me all those talk,gone are the days Nigerians can be fooled,GMO are bad for your health,if they were good they wouldn't be banned in europe and russia,you work for your slave master i can see,well your evil plan for Africa wouldn't work,as soon as you plant GMO in your back yard and feed it your children,then you can speak rubbish

Where are you getting such information from that GMO is bad for people's health? Stop moving with old ignorant bandwagon made up of people who have been peddling force information on GMO all along. The facts that none of them have good evidence to prove what they claim makes them look silly to me. Now you are join them to carry on the rumor to others you are in for it to be seen as a rumor monger. It is a big shame on your side. I have seen people who have done worse by highly criticizing, Mosanto, Dupont,etc. without having the slightest idea of their products.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by anonimi: 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
diluminati:
See ignorant nigerians getting happy over hybrid food, not knowing that hybrid is a death trap.

Please explain to us what is a HYBRID food and how it is a "death trap".
Thanks.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by grandstar(m): 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
macpetrus:
Welcome developement...

"My grandfather once told me; 'The soul of business is not making money but making people happy." ~ Aliko Dangote
Thats why nigerians pay only double the world price 4 cement!
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by onoja12: 5:51pm On Nov 21, 2014
my friend answer,are gmo band in europe and russia,if yes why? in case you need help use google

all4naija:

Where are you getting such information from that GMO is bad for people's health? Stop moving with old ignorant bandwagon made up of people who have been peddling force information on GMO all along. The facts that none of them have good evidences to prove what they claim makes them look silly to me. Now you are join them to carry on the rumor to others you are in for it to be seen as a rumor monger. It is a big shame on your side. I have seen people who have done worse by highly criticizing, Mosanto, Dupont,etc. without having the slightest idea of their products.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Arsenate(m): 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
all4naija:

That is coming a bleeped Northern ideologist. It is now part of North the people don't usually agree with. What do you say about Jos, Benue,etc who citizens don't want to be treated as Northerners?! Burger off! You only agree it is part of North when it suits you!
You aren't play with a fool here. I might possibly know more about Nigeria's politic than you do. Get you head checked and see if the Middle Belt would join North in the course of splitting the nation(I am not saying Nigeria should divide). You would see the people would rather have their own nation that joining Arewa in their religious fanaticism and ethnic jingoism - attacking villagers in their horses every now and then.
it's so surprising man. what exactly is getting you all worked up? your analogy and logic is quite poor. you see, I seriously doubt if SW and SE will share the same nation in the eventuality of a break up, but that doesn't change the fact that both are from southern Nigeria. same logic applies to north central and core north.
gosh I pray you get me...Lol

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Idrismusty97(m): 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
all4naija:

You aren't play with a fool here. I might possibly know more about Nigeria's politic than you do. Get you head checked and see if the Middle Belt would join North in the course of splitting the nation(I am not saying Nigeria should divide). You would see the people would rather have their own nation that joining Arewa in their religious fanaticism and ethnic jingoism - attacking villagers in their horses every now and then.
The middle belt is one of the most diverse region in Nigeria, populated mostly by minority ethnic groups. You can't speak for all of them and they can't stand alone. In the course of the splitting of the nation some part of the middle belt will go with the North. Kwara will definitely go with the South West. Niger, Nassarawa, a small part of Kogi state(The larger part goes to the South West), A Large chunk of Taraba state and Adamawa will go with the North. Benue may likely follow the South East and Jos is uncertain...Some part may follow the South East also. Things may change when that time eventually comes, Remembered you can't speak for the entire Middle belts.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by GlorifiedTunde(m): 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
OEmperor:

It's not by mouth dude.

Definitely. Its by something greater than your imagination.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2014
onoja12:
my friend answer,are gmo band in europe and russia,if yes why? in case you need help use google

Where are you getting that from that GMO is banned in Europe? When Europe just certified over 40 GMO products for use in their territories. You are reading old information. Please, read up and come here and apologize for your ignorance.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by darlenese(f): 5:57pm On Nov 21, 2014
merieam16:
wat if his end is noting 2 write home about,u had beta be urself..humble advice

Thanks
But suffer too much 4 dis country
So dnt blame me if I sound dis way
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 21, 2014
Arsenate:
it's so surprising man. what exactly is getting you all worked up? your analogy and logic is quite poor. you see, I seriously doubt if SW and SE will share the same nation in the eventuality of a break up, but that doesn't change the fact that both are from southern Nigeria. same logic applies to north central and core north.
gosh I pray you get me...Lol
Your analogy is very poor. Despite the South comprises of West and East not seeing themselves as one explains my point better. The reality is that Middle Belt don't see themselves as North, North in the sense of the core North. If you cannot relate with that fact, it is time to move on with your miserable life.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
Idrismusty97:
The middle belt is one of the most diverse region in Nigeria, populated mostly by minority ethnic groups. You can't speak for all of them and they can't stand alone. In the course of the splitting of the nation some part of the middle belt will go with the North. Kwara will definitely go with the South West. Niger, Nassarawa, a small part of Kogi state(The larger part goes to the South West), A Large chunk of Taraba state and Adamawa will go with the North. Benue may likely follow the South East and Jos is uncertain...Some part may follow the South East also. Things may change when that time eventually comes, Remembered you can't speak for the entire Middle belts.
That support my view in earnest. It just proved that you are only using the term, North, to play down on the reality of the political geography of the region which has never been what you claimed it to be.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by onoja12: 6:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
if i understand you,you are trying to tell me that it was harmful before but now it is not right
My brother no matter how much they pay you,please regard that money as blood money,in fact worse than that because you are aiding to wipe out your own race

please read
thats 2014 report
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/04/08/10-scientific-studies-proving-gmos-can-be-harmful-to-human-health/

this is from a research institute
http://www.responsibletechnology.org/10-Reasons-to-Avoid-GMOs
more
http://enhs.umn.edu/current/5103/gm/harmful.html

http://www.globalresearch.ca/ten-scientific-studies-proving-gmos-can-be-harmful-to-human-health/5377054

http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_11361.cfm

http://www.oprah.com/health/Genetically-Modified-Foods-Affect-Health-and-Body

http://www.gmo-free-regions.org/gmo-free-regions.html

all4naija:
Where are you getting that from that GMO is banned in Europe? When Europe just certified over 40 GMO products for use in their territories. You are reading old information. Please, read up and come here and apologize for your ignorance.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Idrismusty97(m): 6:10pm On Nov 21, 2014
all4naija:

That support my view in earnest. It just proved that you are only using the term, North, to play down on the reality of the political geography of the region which has never been what you claimed it to be.
Just like the term "South" is used to referred to both the South East, South-South and South West. Because of our many difference we coin the term "Core north" and "South-South". Just like those three terms are still part of the "South" the Middle belt is still part of the "North". In reality there is no South-South, If not for ethnic difference the whole of the region is still South East.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by emmykk(m): 6:12pm On Nov 21, 2014
Aliko dangote should write 1 book abeg.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by pablus: 6:14pm On Nov 21, 2014
are these not the gentically modified tomatoes banned in Europe?
10x yield per hectare is madness!
hope the FG is monitoring this o.
you people should not be adding more diseases and cancer to your issues.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 6:15pm On Nov 21, 2014
onoja12:
if i understand you,you are trying to tell me that it was harmful before but now it is not right
My brother no matter how much they pay you,please regard that money as blood money,in fact worse than that because you are aiding to wipe out your own race

please read
thats 2014 report
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/04/08/10-scientific-studies-proving-gmos-can-be-harmful-to-human-health/

this is from a research institute
http://www.responsibletechnology.org/10-Reasons-to-Avoid-GMOs
more
http://enhs.umn.edu/current/5103/gm/harmful.html

http://www.globalresearch.ca/ten-scientific-studies-proving-gmos-can-be-harmful-to-human-health/5377054

http://www.organicconsumers.org/articles/article_11361.cfm

http://www.oprah.com/health/Genetically-Modified-Foods-Affect-Health-and-Body

http://www.gmo-free-regions.org/gmo-free-regions.html

Nonsense! You just go to Google without reading your findings properly and give the date for the ban. Europe did that initially based on limited idea on GMO on the regulation 'New Food' and many speculate without any evidence to support their claims - just as you are trying to do in this forum by peddling false information.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by anonimi: 6:17pm On Nov 21, 2014
onoja12:

You may need to first take YOUR own advice and check Google for the difference between Genetically Modified (GMO) foods and HYBRID foods that are being talked about here.
That way you avoid getting BANNED in Europe and Russia for swagger of knowledge wey be sey na only small tintinni na im dey for there smiley
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 21, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Just like the term "South" is used to referred to both the South East, South-South and South West. Because of our many difference we coin the term "Core north" and "South-South". Just like those three terms are still part of the "South" the Middle belt is still part of the "North". In reality there is no South-South, If not for ethnic difference the whole of the region is still South East.
You decide to go by the meaningless term, North and play down on reality of the ethnicity and acceptance of their geography. Doesn't that look senseless to you? Keep playing on the name while in reality what matters is that huge parts of the Agricultural produce come from Middle Belt not North. Just the way Abuja is not usually seen to be in the North.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:24pm On Nov 21, 2014
Very smart move..

Agriculture is the way.

it is your fast lane to wealth.if Dangote can venture into agribusiness,then you have no excuse whatsoever.

Check my articles on the agric section to know more about the opportunities that abound in agribusiness and how to invest and make money and wealth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Step By Step Guide For Growing Tomato--pictures / We Now Buy Plantain In Large Quantity / Female Agriculture N-power Beneficiary Shares Pictures Of Her Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.