Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano (27930 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / 10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners / A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by buskie13(m): 9:23am On Nov 22, 2014
100Cents:

NEPA no dey France for now...
Lol......them no get generator
cheesy
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by amunites19(m): 10:06am On Nov 22, 2014
According to what i read; Hybrid seed is produce by a natural procedure and has no side effect on health while GM is produce in lab by which its result on health is unpredictable.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/hybrid-fruits-vegetables/#axzz3IF3b1rEl
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by jogerry: 10:23am On Nov 22, 2014
PAID MATCH DATING ACCOUNT FEMALE = $15
PAID MATCH DATING ACCOUNT MALE = $15
PAID CHEMISTRY DATING ACCOUNT = $10
PAID MATE 1 DATING ACCOUNT = $8
PAID ZOOSK DATING ACCOUNT = $12
ALIBABA ACCOUNT = $10
WELSFARGO BANK LOGIN ACCOUNT $19K = $85
WELSFARGO BANK LOGIN ACCOUNT $14K = $75
WELSFARGO BANK LOGIN ACCOUNT $20K = $105
WELSFARGO BANK LOGIN ACCOUNT $15K = $67
RDP USA .........................= $11
UPS ACCOUNT(GURANTEE SHIPPING) = $12
CPANEL( HACKED PANEL ) = $11
All logins working perfect
Add me up

kramankhan@yahoo.com
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 22, 2014
gsalvatore:
Hybrid Tomato(GM food) is equal to a DEATH SENTENCE. If you think am kidding ask the Indians.

I know Dangote will provide jobs for youth via this move but he will murder more folks through this move in few years time, we are talking of weird illness and stuffs this will even make our health sectors look like present day security sector.

Before the common man will find out...kai!

Damn, just like Mosanto, Dangote is gonna get folks hooked on GM sh1ts and they will love him for it..

Just remember I said it first!!!!! #
This is sickenning
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by ASL33: 12:06pm On Nov 22, 2014
capricun:
Hybrid tomatoes. I don't like the idea
Mosanto
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by 40dogzz(m): 2:08pm On Nov 22, 2014
Dangote, dangote, dangote. How many times did i call u? U will soon start manufacturing human bein. what will u no produce oh...
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
MduZA:

my man this tendency of yours of referring to other nationals with their ethnicity is primitive ...
It is not primitive because that is what it is. Are you saying Zulus and Xhosas not obese?
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by onoja12: 3:21pm On Nov 22, 2014
refined man,Nigerians wouldn't accept it,i repeat it would be a big mistake on the part of dangote to take such business step

all4naija:
Bwahaha... You are going about terms than the fact of the matter. Now, accept it as a primitive man!
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by InvertedHammer: 3:41pm On Nov 22, 2014
deniiQ:

my fear exactly @the bolded.
isn't it time we begin to put national welfare above personal gain?
i pity the future generation of this country.

If there is anything I have learned having lived in the West for many years, it is that oyibo marketers can sell ice to snowman.

Packaging! Packaging!! Packaging!!!
That is why people are shocked at how much corporation budget for advertising a product. At the end, they pass the cost to consumers.

Anyone that thinks GMO will be marketed as GMO is ignorant of how things work. Until recently, people used to think that the content of processed food is exactly as shown on the label. The food industry for instance, has some technical and legal loopholes they latch on to fulfill the basic disclosure requirements.

But if you are in Nigeria and want to believe all these snake oil salesmen, good luck.

BTW, someone mentioned that Africa has more disease than the West. The difference is that most disease in the West come from chemical destruction of organs of the body unlike Africa where pathogens reign supreme.
/

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by MduZA: 5:45pm On Nov 22, 2014
all4naija:
It is not primitive because that is what it is. Are you saying Zulus and Xhosas not obese?

we south Africans do not refer Nigerians with their ethnicity but refer you guys as Nigerians or africans...surely you would also want me to call you all4Niaja not all4Yoruba
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by SenatorJames(m): 7:13pm On Nov 22, 2014
astana1:

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/dangote-farms-begins-hybrid-tomatoes-production-kano/#sthash.zTayJz5N.dpuf
These are areas our young graduates (especially agricultural students ) supposed to be engaged for their daily food, if given the necessary support and encouragement, instead of roaming the street for unavailable jobs.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 22, 2014
MduZA:

we south Africans do not refer Nigerians with their ethnicity but refer you guys as Nigerians or africans...surely you would also want me to call you all4Niaja not all4Yoruba
Bwahaha... It is like you are new here. Way back into our disagreement here South Africans would usually insults us by using enthnic slurs. If you were around by the time the argument between Nigerians and South Africans was hot here on the topic,' where would South Africa be Without White People', you would know that your people start the ethnicity thing.Please, give me a break! The fact that Zulus and Xhosas are obese supports my points. It is all up to you to advise your people against eating to their death by calling affluence. South African affluence my bottom!
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by gsalvatore: 10:10pm On Nov 22, 2014
BrownKnight:

This is sickenning
Real Scary.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Originalsly: 11:16pm On Nov 22, 2014
"Not all that glitters is gold".....I still can't understand why we have information available at our fingertips and so many people simply swallow without question whatever the media puts out. Dangote...ohhh...wealthy man!....into hybfid tomatoes hmmm....whatever that is but if Dangote is supporting it then it must be very good.....tomatoes with 8 to 10 times better yield than regular tomatoes.....what?? Shouldn't an alarm bell go off?...this isn't nomal. People just keep it moving and calling it great development.When strange and non traditional locally untreatable diseases begin to show up in the hybrid farming areas and among hybrid tomato eaters maybe then some of us would take a second look at tbis ehmmm....wonderful development.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by babestella: 12:15am On Nov 23, 2014
phantonce:
After hybrid,na digital tomatoes he go produce.
And we keep asking ourselves why is cancer and heart attack so common?

I dnt care cos I studied in ouagadoghou.

Please we need organic tomatoes not hybrid or genetically modified ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 23, 2014
babestella:

Please we need organic tomatoes not hybrid or genetically modified ones.
100 likes

1 Like

Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by sam90s(m): 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
all4naija:

Stop being petulant. You refuse to accept the fact that it is not about huge part of the food grown going to waste but about sustainability. With the level at which humans are depleting the resources with earth teeming population in few hundred years wel might run out of the most important ones. It is clear you are looking for an avenue to make population growth as not a great problem. You aren't seeing the picture here.

You still have basic research you need to do, talking about resources: take water for intance, an average westerner will use for morning shower, more water than many subsaharan African families each make use of in a single day, sometimes days, yet you're going to base your plans on data that is a reflextion of their behaviour. Making a sweeping generalization regarding available resources on the planet is a trick being use to drag you into stuff you are not prepared for (and probably won't need), it has happened before don't let it happen again. Go ahead and do a detail investigation on the green revolution.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 1:01am On Dec 31, 2014
sam90s:

You still have basic research you need to do, talking about resources: take water for intance, an average westerner will use for morning shower, more water than many subsaharan African families each make use of in a single day, sometimes days, yet you're going to base your plans on data that is a reflextion of their behaviour. Making a sweeping generalization regarding available resources on the planet is a trick being use to drag you into stuff you are not prepared for (and probably won't need), it has happened before don't let it happen again. Go ahead and do a detail investigation on the green revolution.
Are you saying resources are not limited? The earlier we start to find solutions the better for us. An average Westerner knows how to recycle the water in his community. Using water as an example has little effect or non on other important resources which are being depleted by human activities. Like food crops, farm animals, fossil fuel, industrial productions, etc due to the increasing human pressure on those resources they are indirectly having deadly effect on us and our surroundings. A look at the evening traffic on a working week in California is enough reason to know that resources which depend on mobility can not be sustain with the present technology on the direction humans are headed.

A typical African doesn't know anything about family planning. A primitive man in an African village or squalor can married four or more wives and produce kids exponentially while running down the little land available to them for farming or living. Not only that, those kids become problems to the society because of lack of good education and planning. I don't really understand the need for the comparison in your analogy. My take on that issue is an average African in the village or city squalor is likely to pollute the environment through bush burning and waste materials than a civilized person in a developed nation. Sometime the filthy environment can release excess CO2 while at the same time destroying the organism that refines it due to pressure of overgrazing the land of pollution with poor sewage system in the dirty part of the city. there are other processes that can involved use of poisonous gases emit into the air to kill mosquitoes, tsetse fly, cooking with firewood, etc. An average westerner lives in a decent environment and watch out for power use and other dangerous materials to nature.

Nobody is dragging me into anything I haven't done my research enough to accept. I know so much about how much we have damaged our environment due to our bad practices. If you have done your research well as you are holding on to in your post you would take a cue from the Christmas Island history. It is a reflection on who we are inching close to destruction if we don't do something about the precarious conditions in time.

Sorry to say that there is nothing wrong in green revolution. One of the things that is bad about it is that we are wasting more to embrace the movement. It is regressive from that stand point. Those scientists who are against the movement aren't coming up with facts to dislodge these physical phenomena ideas put forward by them and their effects on earth due to human uncontrollable activities leading us to the path of doom.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by googleadstraini: 7:35am On Feb 05, 2020
Google AdWords Call Only Campaigns are designed to encourage people to call you or your business.
Visit website:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOB-FRzVQQU&feature=youtu.be
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by hotelmanali35: 6:38am On Feb 20, 2020
Budget hotel in Wayanad, Book online now & pay at hotel. Lowest Rate Guaranteed. 100% Genuine Reviews & Photos. Book Direct Now!
visit : https://www.whitemushroomholidays.com/hotels-in-wayanad
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by visasingapore12: 6:20am On Feb 22, 2020
Apply for India visa in Singapore with IVC services - Best Indian Visa Agent in Singapore. Fast process for Medical Visa, Business Visa Tourist Visa Etc.
visit : https://ivc-services.com/canada-visa-application-embassy-singapore/
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Socialmedia123: 4:55am On Feb 24, 2020
9 years expertise in digital marketing and SEO, Best SEO expert in India, Who has completed 300+ projects successfully and ranked thousands of keywords top in google SERP.
Visit: https://doesinfotech.com/best-digitalmarketing-seo-expert-india.php
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by pravaahconsulti: 5:26am On May 30, 2022
Nearly 4 billion people globally use email services every day for communication. Are you using the power of email marketing services in your business strategy? If not, join hands with our email marketing agency that ensures you continue to innovate and grow while leveraging the strength of email marketing for your business. https://www.pravaahconsulting.com/email-marketing-agency

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Step By Step Guide For Growing Tomato--pictures / We Now Buy Plantain In Large Quantity / Female Agriculture N-power Beneficiary Shares Pictures Of Her Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.