Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:04 AM

Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano (27931 Views)

World's Largest Pig Farm In Kano / 10 Leading Farms In Nigeria, Their Owners / A Nairalander's Tour To The Farms And Major Markets In The Northern Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by onoja12: 6:24pm On Nov 21, 2014
it appears you are paid to promote this online.there is a saying in Nigeria,common sense is not common,so i would stick with common sense,God gave us food,we have been planting and eating those food without problems,i do not see any reason why we need to modify the food,if we need more harvest there is more land and more hands and machine to grow it,but trying to play God must have a side effect,if the white who made it refuse to grow it then Africa should not be there growing ground and finally,for the fact theY push this issue at high places.trying to use force to put it in the market and spending billions of dollars marketing it,proves to me that it is designed for a purpose.that purpose is greed and wickedness

all4naija:
Nonsense! You just go to Google without reading findings properly and give the date for the ban. Europe did that initially based on limited idea on GMO on the regulation 'New Food' and many speculate without any evidence to support their claims - just as you are trying to do in this forum by peddling false information.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by onoja12: 6:25pm On Nov 21, 2014
hybrid,Gmo as long as you alter,change or modify then all are one and the same.God put it there we cant know more than him

anonimi:

You may need to first take YOUR own advice and check Google for the difference between Genetically Modified (GMO) foods and HYBRID foods that are being talked about here.
That way you avoid getting BANNED in Europe and Russia for swagger of knowledge wey be sey na only small tintinni na im dey for there smiley
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 21, 2014
anonimi:

You may need to first take YOUR own advice and check Google for the difference between Genetically Modified (GMO) foods and HYBRID foods that are being talked about here.
That way you avoid getting BANNED in Europe and Russia for swagger of knowledge wey be sey na only small tintinni na im dey for there smiley

That's the truth of the matter. The fact that some people are just looking for ways to down-play GMO anything that is remote from naturally cultivated crops by humans is seen as bad. Many don't even know that hybridization takes place naturally in the wild.

Well, I am educating him on GMO which he brought up by using wrong information

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 21, 2014
onoja12:
hybrid,Gmo as long as you alter,change or modify then all are one and the same.God put it there we cant know more than him

angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Ahmeduana(m): 6:28pm On Nov 21, 2014
Tic4tac:
Very wise..i gbadun dis man jae
THOUGHT AS MUCH!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 6:31pm On Nov 21, 2014
onoja12:
it appears you are paid to promote this online.there is a saying in Nigeria,common sense is not common,so i would stick with common sense,God gave us food,we have been planting and eating those food without problems,i do not see any reason why we need to modify the food,if we need more harvest there is more land and more hands and machine to grow it,but trying to play God must have a side effect,if the white who made it refuse to grow it then Africa should not be there growing ground and finally,for the fact theY push this issue at high places.trying to use force to put it in the market and spending billions of dollars marketing it,proves to me that it is designed for a purpose.that purpose is greed and wickedness

Stop resorting to conjectures to pass your message across. I am not going to be a part of blind people who have no idea or information about a product at their disposal before criticizing it. That is a primitive man's idea. If you look very well, this is not a new thing. It has been well ironed out with most critics of GMO have no idea of what it contains in the first place and virtually all of them are not in the right positions to speak on the matter.

Take a cue from what has come up of GMO recently and ditch the old rumor you are peddling in this forum.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Idrismusty97(m): 6:32pm On Nov 21, 2014
all4naija:

You decide to go by the meaningless term, North and play down on reality of the ethnicity and acceptance of their geography. Doesn't that look senseless to you? Keep playing on the name while in reality what matters is that huge parts of the Agricultural produce come from Middle Belt not North. Just the way Abuja is not usually seen to be in the North.
So the middle belth wasn't part of the then Northern Nigeria Protectorate? The British coin that "North" term not us. In fact the first two capital of the Northern protectorate were in the middle belt. Lokoja(Kogi state) and Zugeru(Niger state) before it was finally moved to Kaduna state. Do you even know the British Northern Cameroons voted to join the Northern protectorate in 1962?(To become a province within Northern Nigeria) Check some of the States bordering Cameroon including Borno and Adamawa, They all voted to join the Northern protectorate. This map from Wikipedia may help;

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by ALKARULEZ615(m): 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2014
phantonce:
After hybrid,na digital tomatoes he go produce.
And we keep asking ourselves why is cancer and heart attack so common?

I dnt care cos I studied in ouagadoghou.
or Mainframe tomatoes grin

Ouagadogou in Burkina Faso....rily?
Jex left there for Papua New Guinea
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by miky(m): 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2014
but DANGOTE WHY? these lazy baboons will soon say you have a monopoly on tomatoes grin grin grin
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2014
Idrismusty97:
So the middle belth wasn't part of the then Northern Nigeria Protectorate? The British coin that "North" term not us. In fact the first two capital of the Northern protectorate were in the middle belt. Lokoja(Kogi state) and Zugeru(Niger state) before it was finally moved to Kaduna state. Do you even know the British Northern Cameroons voted to join the Northern protectorate in 1962? Check some of the States bordering Cameroon including Borno and Adamawa, They all voted to join the Northern protectorate. This map from Wikipedia may help;
You are begging the question. The fact that the term is coined by the Colonial masters just proved my point. Take it as I said earlier that the North of Nigeria is seen as backward, dirty, religious, dangerous and poor. The moment you think along those lines and find solution I can now have to begin to see your point. The huge Agricultural produces come from the Middle Belt. If not, you are only pointing to history without facing present reality.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by nigerianvenom(m): 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
He said the farmers, however, insisted that the seedlings be tried by the company’s farm before they could patronise it.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Idrismusty97(m): 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
all4naija:

You decide to go by the meaningless term, North and play down on reality of the ethnicity and acceptance of their geography. Doesn't that look senseless to you? Keep playing on the name while in reality what matters is that huge parts of the Agricultural produce come from Middle Belt not North. Just the way Abuja is not usually seen to be in the North.
And Abuja don't seem to be in the North? Maybe you should come take it out!
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by nigerianvenom(m): 6:41pm On Nov 21, 2014
macpetrus:
Welcome developement...

"My grandfather once told me; 'The soul of business is not making money but making people happy." ~ Aliko Dangote
adorable fact

1 Like

Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by onoja12: 6:42pm On Nov 21, 2014
i have address people who use those words in one of my writing on nairaland.that is a deceptive word used when people want to cohass somebody into a line of thinking GMO are evil,we do not need to meddle with our seeds,does who do so have an ulterior motive.

all4naija:
Stop resorting to conjectures to pass your message across. I am not going to be a part of blind people who have no idea or information about a product at their disposal before criticizing it. That is a primitive man's idea. If you look very well, this is not a new thing. It has been well ironed out with most critics of GMO have no idea of what it contains in the first place and virtually all of them are not in the right positions to speak on the matter.

Take a cue from what has come up of GMO recently and ditch the old rumor you are peddling in this forum.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 21, 2014
onoja12:
i have address people who use those words in one of my writing on nairaland.that is a deceptive word used when people want to cohass somebody into a line of thinking GMO are evil,we do not need to meddle with our seeds,does who do so have an ulterior motive.

Bwahaha... You are going about terms than the fact of the matter. Now, accept it as a primitive man!
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 21, 2014
Idrismusty97:
And Abuja don't seem to be in the North? Maybe you should come take it out!
It is in center of the Middle Belt to unity the people. It doesn't belong to the Northerners nor the Southerners but all Nigerians. It is time you do some research, uninformed human being.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by cococandy(f): 6:58pm On Nov 21, 2014
Great move
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by jibga(m): 6:59pm On Nov 21, 2014
Goodd move
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Idrismusty97(m): 7:03pm On Nov 21, 2014
all4naija:

You are begging the question. The fact that the term is coined by the Colonial masters just proved my point. Take it as I said earlier that the North of Nigeria is seen as backward, dirty, religious, dangerous and poor. The moment you think along those lines and find solution I can now have to begin to see your point. The huge Agricultural produces come from the Middle Belt. If not, you are only pointing to history without facing present reality.
Why are you changing the aim of this discussion. I didn't quoted you because of your insult to the North, I quoted you because of your baseless facts about the middle belts. Why are you speaking as if you are not a Nigerian. If you want to change the aim of this discussion to North bashing then count me out of this. You are probably sentimental because of boko haram but don't let sentiments cloud your judgement the core North and the middle belt are equally Agriculturally sound, If not back your arguments with facts and tell me the middle belts states that produced more crops than any state in the north. Are you saying the middle belt is more developed than the core North? I am from the middle belt anyway, your aim to turn them against the core north wouldn't work. Stop dreaming... Both the middle belt and the core north share the same problems and potentials.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Idrismusty97(m): 7:04pm On Nov 21, 2014
all4naija:

It is in center of the Middle Belt to unity the people. It doesn't belong to the Northerners nor the Southerners but all Nigerians. It is time you do some research, uninformed human being.
And when Nigeria splits it belongs to you. Ok come get it.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 21, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Why are you changing the aim of this discussion. I didn't quoted you because of your insult to the North, I quoted you because of your baseless facts about the middle belts. Why are you speaking as if you are not a Nigerian. If you want to change the aim of this discussion to North bashing then count me out of this. You are probably sentimental because of boko haram but don't let sentiments cloud your judgement the core North and the middle belt are equally Agriculturally sound, If not back your arguments with facts and tell me the middle belts states that produced more crops than any state in the north. Are you saying the middle belt is more developed than the core North? I am from the middle belt anyway, your aim to turn them against the core north wouldn't work. Stop dreaming... Both the middle belt and the core north share the same problems and potentials.
Oh, yeah! It hurts to hear the truth. I am not bashing the North. My first post is mistaken for North when in reality I am talking about Nigerian as a whole. Now that I am telling you about the situation there you feel it is bashing of the region. If you can't live with that then cry me a river and I am not going to apologize to you.

I am trying to explain the reality of the entity North which you wanted use to believe is responsible for the food produce in the country whereas the Middle Belt often than not marginalized produces more than the others.

What I am saying is that the Middle belt is more reasonable and can easily associate with the Southerners in love than the core North with animosity of not producing the president at the present dispensation at the same time causing more harm and giving the nation more bad names(Boko Haram,etc). It is time the leaders in the core North do something. But, I doubt they would do anything good than in their primitiveness to die in becoming the president of Nigeria as if that is what development is all about. Shame on all of them though!
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 7:14pm On Nov 21, 2014
Idrismusty97:
And when Nigeria splits it belongs to you. Ok come get it.
I am against Nigeria dividing. It is not good for any part of the country in a nutshell. But, the North is like a festered wound and a disease.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 21, 2014
dangote is the most astute and business savy man to emanate from this part of Africa.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by ignis: 7:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
Welcome development.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 21, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
or Mainframe tomatoes grin

Ouagadogou in Burkina Faso....rily?
Jex left there for Papua New Guinea
I believe you
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by ALKARULEZ615(m): 7:44pm On Nov 21, 2014
phantonce:

I believe you
feels gud to know cheesy
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by 100Cents: 7:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
Cement, Sugar, Rice, Oil refinery, Pasta, Juice, Macaroni, Noodles, Tomatoes.

This man does not rest...

I will get there..
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by pimplucious: 7:56pm On Nov 21, 2014
By hybrid, do they mean GM? ( Genetically Modified) Can someone pls clarify this for me? Thank you.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by 100Cents: 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2014
kennygee:
We need more people like him in this country.

I am here.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by 100Cents: 8:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
buskie13:
who doesn't know Dangote.....where are the French peeps @ ?
cheesy

NEPA no dey France for now...
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by aadoiza: 8:09pm On Nov 21, 2014
They are gradually incorporating genetically modified food into our staple. I suppose all hope is lost on the fight against these DNA-altering type of Food. It would be better to end the world with atomic bombs than these virulent poisons that would render you infertile before pathetically ending you.
Re: Dangote Farms Begins Hybrid Tomatoes Production In Kano by gsalvatore: 8:18pm On Nov 21, 2014
Hybrid Tomato(GM food) is equal to a DEATH SENTENCE. If you think am kidding ask the Indians.

I know Dangote will provide jobs for youth via this move but he will murder more folks through this move in few years time, we are talking of weird illness and stuffs this will even make our health sectors look like present day security sector.

Before the common man will find out...kai!

Damn, just like Mosanto, Dangote is gonna get folks hooked on GM sh1ts and they will love him for it..

Just remember I said it first!!!!! #

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Step By Step Guide For Growing Tomato--pictures / We Now Buy Plantain In Large Quantity / Female Agriculture N-power Beneficiary Shares Pictures Of Her Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.