Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… (26184 Views)

Boko Haram: Security Personnel Displays Gallantry (photos) / Army Promotes Three Officers For Showing Bravery Against Boko Haram / Army Promotes 22 Brig-generals To Major-general, 37 Colonels To Brigadier-gener (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by tijjanioyan: 1:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
torkaka:
The Nigerian Army yesterday in a morale boosting effort announced the promotion of three officers from Captains to the rank of Majors in recognition of their exceptional gallantry in the fight against Boko Haram.

The Director of Army Public Relations (DAPR), Brig-Gen. Olajide Laleye, made this announcement yesterday in Abuja while briefing journalists on the activities lined up for the forthcoming Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Annual Conference, to be held next month in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.

Laleye listed the three outstanding who were recognised for bravely in the face of growing criticism of the Service for alleged acts of cowardice and in discipline to include Captains IA Manga, AH Ali and Y Micah.
“It is my pleasure to announce the elevation from the rank of Captain to Major of three brave officers who have shown aggressive posture and uncommon gallantry in the face of the enemy particularly in the counter-terrorism operations.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/army-promotes-three-for-gallantry-against-boko-haram-/194733/
dey come
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by EmmaMesh: 1:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
iyisco2001:
this will be a good news if the insurgency has stopped, how can u honour someone for the fight that hasn't ended. clueless nation. undecided cry
At least this will encourage others now...
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by gabbarkush: 1:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
Plz who is boko haram
am
Asking because i schooled in france

1 Like

Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 22, 2014
I see...some ogas at the top were elevated to greater height. sad

promote the soldiers in the trenches,not some pot bellied captain.

1 Like

Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by SANdos: 1:25pm On Nov 22, 2014
What about the enlisted guys that does the actual fighting no promotion for them?

1 Like

Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by Crispels(m): 1:26pm On Nov 22, 2014
henry4vicc:
BUY CHEAP DATA ON GLO AND MTN NOW

CALL (080-595-800-72)

1.500MB-N300
2.700MB-N500
3.1GIG -N800
4.2GIG -N1200
5.3GIG -N2000

How sure am I its not a scam And it will last for a month?
note that this data works directly on all devices with monthly duration

How sure am I its not a scam

CALL (080-595-800-72)

embarassed
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by Crispels(m): 1:27pm On Nov 22, 2014
henry4vicc:

CALL (080-595-800-72)

1.500MB-N300
2.700MB-N500
3.1GIG -N800
4.2GIG -N1200
5.3GIG -N2000

CALL (080-595-800-72)

How sure am I its not a scam and it will last for a month??
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by gtrust: 1:31pm On Nov 22, 2014
SANdos:
What about the enlisted guys that does the actual fighting no promotion for them?

It's a big war!
You cannot promote only 3 officers.

Please, more people if not everybody needs to be promoted!!!

Give "medals" to a few for exceptional courage.
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by DonDiego(m): 1:32pm On Nov 22, 2014
If the NA is thinking these promotions will motivate other officers into lobbying to be posted to Sambissa forest, then they've got another think coming. Who wan die?
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by sweetgala(m): 1:40pm On Nov 22, 2014
More of this is required, to encourage career officers that it might be worth it.
The Army is a great career and virtuous . One where the effort of a man should be rewarded
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by ORAFA(m): 1:41pm On Nov 22, 2014
Congratulations Major Manga. Correct boss.
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by maslong(m): 1:42pm On Nov 22, 2014
henry4vicc:

CALL (080-595-800-72)

1.500MB-N300
2.700MB-N500
3.1GIG -N800
4.2GIG -N1200
5.3GIG -N2000

CALL (080-595-800-72)

tef
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by hotice01: 1:43pm On Nov 22, 2014
They only promoted officers,what about the service men who take the heat directly,die and they give their families a miserable some of money.they would never celebrate ordinary soldiers.pls if you doubt my claim do an indebt research on the way the ordinary soldier is been treated.they are ill-equiped,poorly paid and made to suffer hardship.their allowances are most times not paid under flimsy excuses.they cannot complain or protest because they will be charged fpor mutiny and killed.Nigerians don't really know the true state of the military.only the Nigerian Airforce show a little bit of care for it low ranking soldiers in terms of facilities and infrastructure.

Note: I'm not a Soldier,but I happen to be part of the family.

2 Likes

Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by omebe(m): 1:56pm On Nov 22, 2014
Its alwayz good to appreciate hardwork,that's good.
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by Burger01(m): 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2014
sunnymatty:
First to comment
Olodo!

Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by Pontaboki: 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
Fool
iyisco2001:
this will be a good news if the insurgency has stopped, how can u honour someone for the fight that hasn't ended. clueless nation. undecided cry

1 Like

Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by darqly(m): 2:12pm On Nov 22, 2014
This is a step in the right direction, but they also have to reward rank and file. No commander succeeds without the sacrifice of his men. The media will do well to circulate this, as they have been prompt to circulate the court martial of deserters.
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by coolvitus(m): 2:16pm On Nov 22, 2014
Ok
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by thaoriginator: 2:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
Warriors! How boko dudes did they kill?
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by Phonon: 2:23pm On Nov 22, 2014
What happened to promoting the non-commissioned officers carrying their rusted AK-47 (provided by the military) on the front line? Those guys should be promoted too because they are the ones actually fighting and not the commissioned officers.

1 Like

Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by Ohins(m): 2:26pm On Nov 22, 2014
Good one but what happen to the rank and file that was with the officers during the fight? Why they were not promoted alongside with the three officers? God dey oh!!!

1 Like

Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by sameesyd(m): 2:32pm On Nov 22, 2014
What about d low ranked soldiers in d front and on lonely roads underthe sun and harsh weather? When will there morale be busted? Well, I'm just crying out my feeling towards d real men dat do d fighting. At least d deserve promotion too.
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by rildwanullahi(m): 2:34pm On Nov 22, 2014
torkaka:
The Nigerian Army yesterday in a morale boosting effort announced the promotion of three officers from Captains to the rank of Majors in recognition of their exceptional gallantry in the fight against Boko Haram.

The Director of Army Public Relations (DAPR), Brig-Gen. Olajide Laleye, made this announcement yesterday in Abuja while briefing journalists on the activities lined up for the forthcoming Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Annual Conference, to be held next month in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State.

Laleye listed the three outstanding who were recognised for bravely in the face of growing criticism of the Service for alleged acts of cowardice and in discipline to include Captains IA Manga, AH Ali and Y Micah.
“It is my pleasure to announce the elevation from the rank of Captain to Major of three brave officers who have shown aggressive posture and uncommon gallantry in the face of the enemy particularly in the counter-terrorism operations.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/army-promotes-three-for-gallantry-against-boko-haram-/194733/
wat about the ones at the war front like d one fighting with his fist after d inefficient gun he was given betrayed him
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by rildwanullahi(m): 2:36pm On Nov 22, 2014
henry4vicc:

CALL (080-595-800-72)

1.500MB-N300
2.700MB-N500
3.1GIG -N800
4.2GIG -N1200
5.3GIG -N2000

CALL (080-595-800-72)
are u sure about this cos its too good to be true
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 22, 2014
iyisco2001:
. Kai,how can you be this stupid? Pls,just read your comment again.
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by dainformant(m): 2:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
Good for them..hope they combat insurgency well......Interesting gists @ your disposal www.nationalhelm.com
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by DonaldGenes(m): 2:51pm On Nov 22, 2014
Gabson91:
That is nice but did they fight alone? how about the men.
Yøu can say that again. Same question iWas abou' asking
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by Bekwarra(m): 2:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
What is Boko Haram? Is it the name of a TV programme? Gosh! It sucks at times when your parents do not allow you to travel away from France for anything.
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by SMUSHISO: 3:03pm On Nov 22, 2014
Where's dis country goin sef? The junior officers that fought the fight gallantly are being left behind. No need promoting a captain when you have the power to promote 5 private soldiers, @least dat goes a long way in boosting thousands of morale. Infact I don dey vex....
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by ModupeJ(f): 3:04pm On Nov 22, 2014
That's good news but what about the soldiers that worked with them. Let us fear God, not only officers are doing the work.
Re: Army Promotes Three For Gallantry Against Boko Haram… by iyisco2001(m): 3:34pm On Nov 22, 2014
No10:
. Kai,how can you be this stupid? Pls,just read your comment again.

Am just trying to copy u.

Pontaboki:
Fool

What else do I expect from a pont-abokii.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unrelated Pictures Used To Falsely Depict Peter Obi's Demolition Of A Mosque / Dele Momodu: Doyin Okupe Is Owing Me $20,000 From 2015 Bet On Jonathan / John Oyegun Emerges APC Presidential Screening Committee Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.