Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,095 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash (59643 Views)

The Man Who Caused A Scare At The Lagos Airport Today Pictured / See What Was Seen At The Lagos Airport Today (photos) / Emirates Plane Collides With Hak-air Plane During Take-off At Lagos Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by helphelp: 11:02am On Dec 03, 2014
Just spoke with my agent now.

He says all matters has been resolved, and the new guy should start operations today...

I thank God for understanding clients.

We hope never to encounter such anymore. Amen
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by helphelp: 11:03am On Dec 03, 2014
miqos:
AMEN OOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mouth don dry oh, i have about 30 laptops there since friday

I hope they are well packed, cos if it's Friday, then it's definitely not in the warehouse.

All in all, let's thank God
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by miqos(m): 11:05am On Dec 03, 2014
helphelp:

I hope they are well packed, cos if it's Friday, then it's definitely not in the warehouse.

All in all, let's thank God
i pray so
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by miqos(m): 11:06am On Dec 03, 2014
helphelp:
Just spoke with my agent now.

He says all matters has been resolved, and the new guy should start operations today...

I thank God for understanding clients.

We hope never to encounter such anymore. Amen

you mean they will open today?
oya back to ebay things

2 Likes

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 03, 2014
Lol you be Cow i swear. Na you dey buy everything for ebay shey?
miqos:
you mean they will open today?
oya back to ebay things
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Lexyp(m): 11:32am On Dec 03, 2014
I don't know if nipost are affected by this because have been expecting a package since on 12th and has left us since on 12th of November and still on transit till now, I tried contacting who sent me and was told the package not in us anymore that is now in Nigerian but all I keep seeing when i track it is on transit since on 12th of November what is the probability am going to be having my package anytime from now ?

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 03, 2014
I wonder when you people will learn. Because you want to save just a few thousand Naira you will take the risk of using usps. Let me tell you that is the worst way to ship anything because once it leaves the US, you cannot track it. I have lots stuff and my friends have lost stuff with it and out stuff on diff occasion was open and stuff removed from it.

Using usps is at your own risk man...

Lexyp:
I don't know if nipost are affected by this because have been expecting a package since on 12th and has left us since on 12th of November and still on transit till now, I tried contacting who sent me and was told the package not in us anymore that is now in Nigerian but all I keep seeing when i track it is on transit since on 12th of November what is the probability am going to be having my package anytime from now ?
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Etinosajay(m): 11:56am On Dec 03, 2014
Lexyp:

Go to www.trackitonline.ru

Try track it there and see what comes up. All in all, once the package has been handed over to Nipost, you will most likely not know until it gets delivered to you, and this will take several weeks because of how our Nipost people work.

People get packages everyday, so rid yourself of worry and expect your item. I know that thefts and package bypassing is not new in this country, but you will get your package.

Depending on the value of what you're expecting, you should consider using UPS or FeDex next time.

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by MAITEMA(m): 12:04pm On Dec 03, 2014
Reports say that the Comptroller General from Abuja is in Lagos and is touring the cargo section of MMIA at the moment.

Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 12:08pm On Dec 03, 2014
Guy ....it will take time once its in Nigeria as it would first land in Lagos, gets handed over to NIPOST at either SAHCO or NAHCO shed grin, transferred to the NIPOST sorting center from where it will be sent to your state of location by road (or annexed by the NIPOST sorting staff whoever desires it)...before getting to you.

All in all ....look forward to the package in the New Year latest. I would also advise that you make friends with the NIPOST men closest to your area cos it will definitely come through there.

Please and please stop using USPS for valuable and costly items o!

Lexyp:
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
Very big thank you to all our guys at the MMIA churning out updates and keeping hopes alive this past weeks ...names too numerous to mention. Yet another day ...we look forward with high hopes to updates today.

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by miqos(m): 12:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
CeejayCharles:
Lol you be Cow i swear. Na you dey buy everything for ebay shey?
bros which one be cow again?
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 12:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
Thats nice and I also hope when the sheds are opened, the agents won't all rush in as if its some big bonanza sales going on. I wish they would behave orderly else it maybe shut down again.

Please anyone close to the agents should beg them to exercise restraints ...being too heady these days may not be helpful.

MAITEMA:
Reports say that the Comptroller General from Abuja is in Lagos and is touring the cargo section of MMIA at the moment.

Fingers crossed.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by MAITEMA(m): 12:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
[size=18pt]BREAKING NEWS!!!

Comptroller General Dikko reopens NAHCO warns agents to avoid unruly behaviour.

Thank God o![/size]

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by MAITEMA(m): 12:32pm On Dec 03, 2014
NIGERIA CUSTOMS ‏@CustomsNG
BREAKING: Comptroller-General of Customs, Dikko Inde Abdullahi CFR, has unsealed NAHCO, urges compliance from agents.

BREAKING: CGC unseals NAHCO, warns against future unruly behavior.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by ZACHIE: 12:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
Affrmed positive!
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by ibnyakub: 12:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
Ope ooooooo, may Allah prevent us from feature occurrence of this kind ooo
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by miqos(m): 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
MAITEMA:

BREAKING: Comptroller-General of Customs, Dikko Inde Abdullahi CFR, has unsealed NAHCO, urges compliance from agents.

BREAKING: CGC unseals NAHCO, warns against future unruly behavior.

PRAISE THE LORD, funny enough rain is about to fall but God will pause the rain until all items are moved to the warehouse

##WHERE IS MY EBAY PASSWORD?
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by saintalone: 12:58pm On Dec 03, 2014
[size=25pt]JESU! THANK GOD FOR THIS DAY! OPE OOO! [/size]

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2014
MAITEMA:
[size=18pt]BREAKING NEWS!!!

Comptroller General Dikko reopens NAHCO warns agents to avoid unruly behaviour.

Thank God o![/size]

THANK YOU JESUS CHRIST!!!!. MAY WE NEVER EXPERIENCE THIS AGAIN! IJN!

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by TheMadame(f): 2:51pm On Dec 03, 2014
Sitrep.
The comptroller general of customs Dikko Inde has visited the MMIA today at about 1000 hours to 1200 hours. He came along with comptroller Olanrewaju and new comptroller Adegoke. He addressed a parade of officers of the command and expressed his disappointment at the attitude of former comptroller Olanrewaju and all officers serving at the command. He threatened to transfer all officers in the command with transfer to Borno/Yobe command where they will be better appreciated.
He equally met with clearing agents whom he lambasted for their animalistic behavior and disregard for constituted authority. He threatened to henceforth prosecute any agent/tout who attacked any customs officer on his legitimate duty.
Olanrewaju is currently handing over to new compt Adegoke at the time I left the airport and hopefully work should/could resume tomorrow.
Fingers crossed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 3:31pm On Dec 03, 2014
Thank you TheMadame we appreciate your gesture and thank God for answered prayers.

Now hoping the agents behave and clearing goes on unabated.

TheMadame:
Sitrep.
The comptroller general of customs Dikko Inde has visited the MMIA today at about 1000 hours to 1200 hours. He came along with comptroller Olanrewaju and new comptroller Adegoke. He addressed a parade of officers of the command and expressed his disappointment at the attitude of former comptroller Olanrewaju and all officers serving at the command. He threatened to transfer all officers in the command with transfer to Borno/Yobe command where they will be better appreciated.
He equally met with clearing agents whom he lambasted for their animalistic behavior and disregard for constituted authority. He threatened to henceforth prosecute any agent/tout who attacked any customs officer on his legitimate duty.
Olanrewaju is currently handing over to new compt Adegoke at the time I left the airport and hopefully work should/could resume tomorrow.
Fingers crossed.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by elnino188(m): 3:45pm On Dec 03, 2014
I called my agent and he made me understands that work have not commence . I just want to be sure of his words before I started giving him voice ! Please who is at the airport today . Are the sheds opened ? I need to verify what my agent said please
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by ZACHIE: 3:49pm On Dec 03, 2014
elnino188:
I called my agent and he made me understands that work have not commence . I just want to be sure of his words before I started giving him voice ! Please who is at the airport today . Are the sheds opened ? I need to verify what my agent said please

So, because the CG came and said the shed is opened you expect goods to start flying hither thither out of the Airport?
I am sorry, you gotta tarry a lil while, Sir. No need to word or voice anyone, please..

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by elnino188(m): 4:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
Alright then ! Thank you smiley as a newbie man must not sleep on bicycle have been waiting for weeks
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by annamaria: 4:03pm On Dec 03, 2014
are we there yet?

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by TheMadame(f): 4:06pm On Dec 03, 2014
elnino188:

It does not work like that.
The new Comptroller Adegoke will need to meet his officers, the agents and the management of Nahco and Sahcol and state his modus operandi.
It may take an extra day or two so be patient please. The fact is the sheds will open sooner than later.
Just keep your fingers crossed because the new man will try to avoid Olanrewajus pit falls unless he is f00lish.

2 Likes

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Caveatemptor(m): 4:30pm On Dec 03, 2014
Please people should take things easy. There is a serious congestion at the airport with goods strewn all over the tarmac. The Comptroller generalbwas mad at Comptroller Olanrewaju when he saw the extent of the congestion on that tarmac.
So we need to give the new man Adegoke a lot of time to see how he can unravel the puzzle. Entries must be passed before all those goods on the tarmac can be removed from the airport.
Please patience is needed seriously so that the new man can serve us better.
I am sure once the sheds. are open the vustoms will work through out the weekend to try and clear this mess.
peace.

2 Likes

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bigtt76(f): 4:40pm On Dec 03, 2014
Exactly ....I just hope and pray there would no surge forward when work starts leading to another closure because right now to be candid ...it might be worse compared to the pre-closure days.

No more APC, no more restraining of agents and as such pilfering may be the order of the day. Licensed and non-licensed agents should just try and cooperate lets clear the backlogs before the Christmas rush. sad

How I wished I could address the agents.

Caveatemptor:
Please people should take things easy. There is a serious congestion at the airport with goods strewn all over the tarmac. The Comptroller generalbwas mad at Comptroller Olanrewaju when he saw the extent of the congestion on that tarmac.
So we need to give the new man Adegoke a lot of time to see how he can unravel the puzzle. Entries must be passed before all those goods on the tarmac can be removed from the airport.
Please patience is needed seriously so that the new man can serve us better.
I am sure once the sheds. are open the vustoms will work through out the weekend to try and clear this mess.
peace.
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by Caveatemptor(m): 4:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
^^

The fact is that Olanrewaju was carrying out the orders from above,but when the sh1t hit the fan he was left carrying the problem on his own. The Comptroller general was not ready to lose his seat so he pushed Olanrewaju in front of the moving train. This is a lesson to everybody in positions of authority. When sentt on a sucide mission,try and execute the mission with your number six. Always count your teeth with your tongue.
So pleasee let us be careful to allow the new Comptroller Adegoke to clear all the goods out of the sheds by cooperating with hiim.
Thank you.
Am out from this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bizzle2: 4:45pm On Dec 03, 2014
mudafuckas be messing with my sheet!!! ....where is that olarenwaju dickhead, He must feel really stewpid right now grin
Dem get luck say I no decide to take laws into my hand .. if not mtschewwwwww
Re: Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash by bizzle2: 4:47pm On Dec 03, 2014
Caveatemptor, zachie, maitema, themadame....Big ups

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

12 Beautiful Resorts In Nigeria Where You Can Enjoy Your Honeymoon / Lady Poisoned After She Told Friends She Was Moving To The UK (Video) / Tell Us The Best Places To Live In Nigeria And Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.