Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? (1045 Views)

Picture Of A Nairalander Heading For Church To Praise Her Creator / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? / Why Do Churches Pay Their Instrumentalists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 23, 2014
most times I sat down and think. church A would say if you put this on you will go to hell church B would say no God is only interested in the hearth. church C would say we don't pray such prayers please my fellow brothers and sisters why is It so?to me I think we serve one God who gave us one son Jesus Christ then we ought to be one. what is your take fellow Christians.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 23, 2014
There are many routes that lead to your home town.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 23, 2014
phrenoz:
meaning all we need is to believe in Christ
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? by speakthetruth: 8:22am On Nov 23, 2014
Actually no we are not.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? by dannydaniels(m): 8:23am On Nov 23, 2014
I don't know oh
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? by SeverusSnape(m): 8:26am On Nov 23, 2014
That's one thing that baffles me about Christian Dom. so confusing.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 23, 2014
Cos Religion confuses you to the point where you think your own beliefs are superior to others'. Then you start looking for followers that you'll convince with such beliefs...thus starts the birth of another denomination.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 23, 2014
phrenoz:

Meaning people can praise their God anyhow they like, so far as they have heaven in mind?

Hmm.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? by Maamin(m): 8:40am On Nov 23, 2014
masonkz:
Cos Religion confuses you to the point where you think your own beliefs are superior to others'. Then you start looking for followers that you'll convince with such beliefs...thus starts the birth of another denomination.

Exactly, they say religion is the opium of the people..is a scam! God created none cry

silvermania:
most times I sat down and think. church A would say if you put this on you will go to hell church B would say no God is only interested in the hearth. church C would say we don't pray such prayers please my fellow brothers and sisters why is It so?to me I think we serve one God who gave us one son Jesus Christ then we ought to be one. what is your take fellow Christians.

If you are a believer try to live like christ believe in him as ur saviour and make sure the bible is ur standard of judgment..so many strange doctrines in the air this days, got to be careful.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? by Kunleskey(m): 8:41am On Nov 23, 2014
Just follow what the bible says..
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? by kestolove95(m): 8:43am On Nov 23, 2014
its all abt packagn...u package well u get enuf followers..d benefit is high offering made by d followers...dats d primary aim of setting churches dix days
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? by golor(m): 9:19am On Nov 23, 2014
Op dat because we all look at a particular thing bt sees it differently.d truth is dat these men of God only try to interpret God d way Der perceive him.dat because we perceive differently.for me as a thinkin thing u shld know wat is ryt or wrong,if d interpretation is ryt stick to it bt if it wrong stay out of it.deh re human lyk u,imperfect bt all walking towards perfection.so deh re prompt to mistake.dnt b too fast to judge.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? by Hiswordxray(m): 1:16pm On Nov 23, 2014
This is because of our immaturity. God opens someone's eyes to see a particular truth and he runs off with it claiming to know it all and rejecting other truth. He feel what he knows all that is to be known and God won't review any other truth except through him. The cause is PRIDE. Different ministries hold on to a particular revelation and reject others causing division among us.
But if we could merge these many revelations or truth together we would realize they are in agreement except for some excesses.
We need the complete revelation of Christ to be able to grow into maturity but when we accept some and reject some we remain a carnal and immature child of God.
It is God's desire that his children grow into maturity.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 23, 2014
masonkz:

Meaning people can praise their God anyhow they like, so far as they have heaven in mind?

Hmm.
....Romans 14
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? by brocab: 8:20pm On Feb 14, 2016
The truth is there's only one doctrine, one truth that belongs to Christ. Jesus said "One" must be born again before he could enter into the kingdom of heaven.
And how many other denominations do we find out there-who claims to be born again Christians? "ONE"
Christians marching on for Christ, praising Him, worshipping Him, Loving Him, Praying to Him, and believing in Him.
Baptised with the Holy Spirit accepting Jesus as our Lord and Savour, accepting Christ into our hearts minds and spirits, Seeking the word of God, learning, searching the scriptures daily, knowing Christ to be the author of the written word of God, Taught by the Holy Spirit, the hidden secrets that's written, in Spirit and in truth.
And who are these other denominations who claim to know Christ and refuse to obey His every commandments?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? by reallest(f): 8:26pm On Feb 14, 2016
Op,it's because all of u are confused
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? by brocab: 7:20am On Feb 15, 2016
There' is only One Truth and One Spirit.
The bread of life {John 6:35}
The light of the world {John 8:22}
The gate {John 10:9}
The good shepherd {John 10:11}
The resurrection & the life {John 11:25}
The way & the truth & the life {John 14:6}
The true vine {John 15:1}
"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born,
I AM.

Jesus Christ is Lord...

(1) (Reply)

How To Know Some Deep Secrets / 10 Commandments For Single Ladies (must Read) / Kano Man Abduct A Bayelsa Girl & Married Her. What Are The Police Doing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.