Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,861 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother (50588 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji & Her Brother Pose For Cool ‘snowfie’ / Uche Jombo And Her Brother, Nelson Jombo, Who Is A Producer Pictured Together / Fans Attack Afrocandy For Insulting Stephanie Okereke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by terrymason(m): 10:41am On Nov 24, 2014
November 6, 2014 was like every other day for 300 level student of Computer Science (names withheld) at the University of Lagos, Akoka Yaba. As the ailing student who managed to attend lectures stepped into her apartment located at Moremi hall, never in her wildest imagination did she envisage she would end up being a victim of rape.

However, the signal of an imminent emotional and psychological trauma reared up after one Daniel Okereke, a man that had reportedly being wooing her since last month, came visiting. Without any inkling of an apparent sinister motive, the undergraduate was said to have reluctantly left to attend to her visitor,who upon seeing her condition, opted to take her to a pharmaceutical store around Akoka to get some drugs.

Not yet done with his show of concern, the visitor reportedly took the female student to an eatery, so that she could eat before taking the drugs. Thereafter, he reportedly took her to his abode at Mende, Mariland where he allegedly ended up raping her.

Narrating her ordeal to the police, the student who had marks of strings on her back, hands and legs , narrated how she narrowly escaped being murdered by Okereke, in her bid to free herself from his grips.

According to her: “When he came visiting, I never knew he had something sinister in his mind until we got to his place. At the eatery, he ordered that the food be made take-away and asked me to go eat it in his place and at the same time rest before taking me back to the hostel.
Immediately we entered the room, he secured the door and I had supper and later asked to be taken back . But he said he must have sex with me. I tried to appeal to him to consider my state of health and take me back to campus.

Before I knew what was happening, he started beating me, forcing to have his way. As if that was not enough, he called in seven guards in the compound who assisted him and tied me down. He thereafter, went into his kitchen and brought out a knife, threatening to kill me if I resisted. He took me to one of the rooms where he brought out a condom and raped me.

Crime Guard gathered that when the 23 year-old lady was untied, she went violent and started shattering every property she could lay her hands on. In the process, one of the objects she allegedly threw out of the window, landed on a vehicle belonging to one of the tenants, smashing its windscreen. That attracted neighbours.

The case was reported at Area ‘F’ Ikeja , following which Okereke was arrested . During interrogation, he reportedly claimed to be nephew of a former Director -General of the Nigerian Stock Exchange NSE and cousin to a front-line Nollywood actress who ironically has a foundation which promotes the wellbeing of women.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/brother-ex-nse-boss-charged-allegedly-raping-unilag-student/

Actress Stephanie Okereke-Linus has reacted to the alleged rape incident involving his brother, Prince Daniel Okereke as reported by Vanguard Newspaper over the weekend.

[b]I am distraught and devastated to hear of the recent allegation of rape brought against a relative of mine, Daniel Okereke (my brother).

While it is a very difficult time for me, and my family; I feel the need to make clear my position, lest there be any doubt. Rape is rape, regardless of who the face of the accused is.

Indeed, the irony is not lost on me. I have spent my lifelong career advocating and living my conviction that women around the world should be able to live free of violence, sexual harassment or any form of abuse against their persons. This conviction led me to be involved in numerous initiatives combating violence against women in several countries including the U.S, Liberia and Sierra Leone.

The conviction also led me to place much of my energy on my work with Vesico Vaginal Fistula (VVF), a passion that dates back to my time at the University of Calabar.

As a student, I heard a story about young girls who had been forced into early marriage and were suffering the negative and embarrassing effects of VVF. The story stayed in my consciousness and drove me, for years, to seek ways to raise awareness on the condition; leading to my work with a team of dedicated doctors to carry out repair surgeries for VVF victims across the country; and my self-produced, soon to be released movie, ‘DRY.’

So, again, it is indeed heart breaking for me to receive and deal with news alleging a family member of mine is an alleged perpetrator of sexual violence against a woman. I am devastated.

This case is now in Nigeria’s criminal justice system as the accused awaits arraignment. I have also encouraged and assured the alleged victim of my stance against rape and applaud her for her bravery to upset the culture of silence, in Nigeria; even as I accord deference and patiently wait for the criminal justice system to determine the guilt or innocence of my brother.[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/rape-stephanie-okereke-urges-prosecution-of-brother-pledges-support-for-victim/

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by dainformant(m): 10:45am On Nov 24, 2014
Na so
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 24, 2014
======> This way to the celebrities section.

2 Likes

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by Gboliwe: 10:54am On Nov 24, 2014
Wise woman and greatly vocal. I understand your stance and I agree with you completely.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:57am On Nov 24, 2014
A very mature approach to the saga.
I have always admired this lady

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by nas4q(m): 11:13am On Nov 24, 2014
So on point! The molester is on his own. By the way, vesico womanly fistula; chaii ayaf laff small.

4 Likes

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by missdebs(f): 11:24am On Nov 24, 2014
nw dis is a mature response to the saga....u go girl

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by knacker(m): 4:32pm On Nov 24, 2014
undecided

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by Tic4tac(m): 4:33pm On Nov 24, 2014
Great approach...

5 Likes

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by ggrin(f): 4:33pm On Nov 24, 2014
sad
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by danaiks(m): 4:33pm On Nov 24, 2014
Hmm...Stephanie...still that iron lady!!

8 Likes

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by Thebrightest(m): 4:33pm On Nov 24, 2014
Typing a comment...
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by bosun11(m): 4:33pm On Nov 24, 2014
hmmmm
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by mifavour(f): 4:34pm On Nov 24, 2014
hmmm.

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by dasparrow: 4:34pm On Nov 24, 2014
@Post

Well said Stephanie.

6 Likes

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by kennosklint(m): 4:34pm On Nov 24, 2014
B4 nkor?

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by jauntty: 4:35pm On Nov 24, 2014
Saw this on vanguard. Good for her. But whats up with guys and rape ? There are gals everywhere

9 Likes

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by eleojo23: 4:35pm On Nov 24, 2014
Very unfortunate incident.

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 24, 2014
This l

1 Like

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by seangy4konji: 4:36pm On Nov 24, 2014
Hmmm

I have said it before and will say it again...A well brought up unilag gal who is not a prostitute or a hoe who had been tied up,beaten and taken to a room,the molester had time to wear a condom and rape you and after ward still had the energy to be breaking properties and smasshing windscreen of a vehicle she knows does not belong to the alleged man does not add up...i do not suppurt rape and i only know hard core ashewos does that when there is a difference with payment issue...

its clear fact and can someone paste the picture of the girl also and ger department

aSHEWO 30KOBO.

19 Likes

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by funshyboi(m): 4:37pm On Nov 24, 2014
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 24, 2014
Nothing will come out of this case. This is the type of case the police and lawyers will be fighting to take charge individually. After the initial gragra, the next thing is accused on bail until eternity.
Money don xchange hand.

12 Likes

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by funshyboi(m): 4:37pm On Nov 24, 2014
What's Rape ?
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by Nobody: 4:38pm On Nov 24, 2014
Rape is something you can't understand till you're affected directly or indirectly.

Most who are raped never talk about it because of the stigmatization that it comes with.

I really commend Stephanie for speaking up and putting sentiments aside.

27 Likes

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 24, 2014
kennygee:
Booked.

jauntty:
4bobo:
Ok
danaiks:
Booker Tsss
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by VirginBreaker(m): 4:41pm On Nov 24, 2014
# konji. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by tpia6: 4:41pm On Nov 24, 2014
Bridgetown:
This woman is just dumb. I heard the guy is her half brother. Polygamous family with e wahala.

@ bolded

i suspected as much.

so, Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke is Stephanie Okereke's aunt?

2 Likes

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 24, 2014
This kain brother sha undecided. Otego nwanne ya nwanyi unyi n'ihu, anuohia, oke-mkpi angry.

6 Likes

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by skyprofm(m): 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
Over secretion of testosterone

3 Likes

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by Meringe(m): 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
Can't imagine how someone will enjoy sex through force while runs babes full every where at your call as low as #500.

8 Likes

Re: Stephanie Okereke Supports Lady Raped By Her Brother by tpia6: 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
kennygee:

I really commend Stephanie for speaking up.

but she was not raped, was she?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

IK Ogbonna Cheating On Wife, Sonia Exposes His Secrets On Instagram / Regina Daniels Speaks On Her Marriage Induction Rituals (Photos, Video) / Rude Boy Reacts To Mr P’s Claim About Psquare Breakup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.