Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? (16598 Views)

Enugu Killings: How We Came Under Attack – Villagers / Onitsha Killings: How IGP Solomon Arase Wasted Blood Of Innocent Picketers To Sa / Ohaneze To Biafra Agitators: Stop This Madness - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by tpia: 1:18am On Dec 02, 2008
duduspace:

You are right tpia, though I do disagree with the references to the black race as the Irish were fighting and detonating bombs not so long ago due to differences between Catholicsm and Protestantism while Sarajevo is also fresh in the memory and what of the Sunnis and shites in iraq, Kurds in Turkey e.t.c.
Small mindednes if you ask me, hence Jonanthan Swift's depiction of the Lilliputians going to war over whether to break an egg from the small end or the big end.

The Homo Sapiens specie does have a tendency to self destruction but it is not specific to those characterised by the abundance of melanin pigmentation in the skin, to believe otherwise is to swallow some bigoted caucasian's belief of them being a superior race.

blacks own is too much.

Other races fight wars, destroy themselves and move on afterwards.

Blacks find it hard to implement the "move on" part. Their own violence is too cyclic, and thats why they dont progress. the little progress they manage to have, they still destroy if care isnt taken.

instead you'll find them everywhere blaming one outside party or the other or their problems.

Does mpele need to bring his big mouth here to remind people how it goes.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by tpia: 1:19am On Dec 02, 2008
duduspace:

I'm not sure if this is what tpia had in mind but here are my suggestions:

Short term: Tougher legislature and law enforcement to prevent such massive loss of life when chaos like this ensue

Medium term: Convocation of an SNC and other talkshops to restructure our polity with the ultimate emergence of a true Nigerian constitution by Nigerians for Nigerians which considers all aspects of our diversity.

Long term: Elimination of the almajiri culture and provision of Universal basic education for all with adequate civics instruction to provide a true national orientation.

there's human beings and there's animals.

i'm not sure onye ugbu is human enough to warrant any response, really.

interesting points however.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by sealworld(m): 1:22am On Dec 02, 2008
duduspace:

I'm not sure if this is what tpia had in mind but here are my suggestions:

Short term: Tougher legislature and law enforcement to prevent such massive loss of life when chaos like this ensue

Medium term: Convocation of an SNC and other talkshops to restructure our polity with the ultimate emergence of a true Nigerian constitution by Nigerians for Nigerians which considers all aspects of our diversity.

Long term: Elimination of the almajiri culture and provision of Universal basic education for all with adequate civics instruction to provide a true national orientation.

I really agree with the elimination of the almajiri culture, i has cost this country alot even in the past
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by doyin13(m): 1:31am On Dec 02, 2008
onye_ngbu:

if that is how u bait, then your not just a waste of time, you are a bad fisher too.

lol. . .i guess that is why I always seem to catch rotting fish
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Tapiya(m): 1:33am On Dec 02, 2008
you all know I started this thread and what I asked for was how we were going to stop the madness, we must admit that its madness, yeah hatred played a part in my starting post, cos I did not see a reason why someone should come to your house beat you and then wants to stop you from crying. but the Issue was how do we stop it? and no one except tpia that has said something close to what could go as a solution, but the problem with Nigeria is when you talk about Legistlations there you remember that Nigeria is never too go at follwing the law, that is a problem.

So what do we do?
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:36am On Dec 02, 2008
Tapiya:

you all know I started this thread and what I asked for was how we were going to stop the madness, we must admit that its madness, yeah hatred played a part in my starting post, because I did not see a reason why someone should come to your house beat you and then wants to stop you from crying. but the Issue was how do we stop it? and no one except tpia that has said something close to what could go as a solution, but the problem with Nigeria is when you talk about Legistlations there you remember that Nigeria is never too go at follwing the law, that is a problem.

So what do we do?

Tapiya, who are the majority in Jos North LGA? Be honest and sincere.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by ZuluNation(m): 1:39am On Dec 02, 2008
Hey JosBoy what's up, I had to come to this site after hearing the horrible news from home, I hope none of your folks was affected.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Tapiya(m): 1:47am On Dec 02, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

What terms are you talking about? Religious or Ethnic?

if its Religious then there are more Christians In Jos than the Muslims, Like I highlighted to you the other time where we have a very good Christian Population and where we have more Muslims.

And for Christ's Sake cos the was an allegation that the election was rigged should not have been a reason for you to start burnng Houses and Churches, you could have simply go to the courts of Law thats all and pursue your case. if you so much believe that it was supposed to be in your favour.

Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:54am On Dec 02, 2008
Tapiya:

What terms are you talking about? Religious or Ethnic?

if its Religious then there are more Christians In Jos than the Muslims, Like I highlighted to you the other time where we have a very good Christian Population and where we have more Muslims.

And for Christ's Sake because the was an allegation that the election was rigged should not have been a reason for you to start burnng Houses and Churches, you could have simply go to the courts of Law thats all and pursue your case. if you so much believe that it was supposed to be in your favour.

You did not answer my question, but thanks Sir.
I asked you who are the majority in Jos North LGA, go ahead say the ethnic group?

FYI I am very much against the acts that the Hausa's carried out in my beloved Plateau St.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:55am On Dec 02, 2008
ZuluNation:

Hey JosBoy what's up, I had to come to this site after hearing the horrible news from home, I hope none of your folks was affected.

No thank God, but my village lost a young polytechnic student, Sad cry
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Tapiya(m): 2:11am On Dec 02, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

You did not answer my question, but thanks Sir.
I asked you who are the majority in Jos North LGA, go ahead say the ethnic group?

FYI I am very much against the acts that the Hausa's carried out in my beloved Plateau St.

Jos boy am from Jos north Anaguta by tribe I grew up In Jos and So I know Jos in and out, they could be the single most populated Ethnic group but do not forget that there are other tribes that when they add up will be much more in Population to the Hausas.

So stop having the nortion that becos there are more of them in the LGA that they should win the Election, I took you up on the fact that even Jang was a member of the ANPP before 2007 So the ANPP does not only comprise of the Hausas and the same thing with the PDP so Lets not stand and try to Justify their actions cos thats what you are trying to do.

Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:18am On Dec 02, 2008
Tapiya:

Jos boy am from Jos north Anaguta by tribe I grew up In Jos  and So I know Jos in and out, they could be the single most populated Ethnic group but do not forget that there are other tribes that when they add up will be much more in Population to the Hausas.

So stop having the nortion that because there are more of them in the LGA that they should win the Election, I took you up on the fact that even Jang was a member of the ANPP before 2007 So the ANPP does not only comprise of the Hausas and the same thing with the PDP so Lets not stand and try to Justify their actions because thats what you are trying to do.

Justify their actions come on am better than that.
I'm just trying to make everyone understand the root problem?

Your going to tell me the Jos North should be won by Buba Gyang, common undecided
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by bawomolo(m): 3:32am On Dec 02, 2008
ha this thread can as well be closed
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by naijaking1: 3:45am On Dec 02, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

You make my head hurt! What a bad logic. Even if muslims are the majority in any area, it doesn't automatically mean they must all vote to elect a fellow muslim. Have you even wondered that some muslims could have voted for a particulary capable and well liked christian, and vice versa?

I'm tired of you repeating this question as if people from a certain religion can never vote for somebody from a different religion in Nigeria.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:51am On Dec 02, 2008
naijaking1:

You make my head hurt! What a bad logic. Even if muslims are the majority in any area, it doesn't automatically mean they must all vote to elect a fellow muslim. Have you even wondered that some muslims could have voted for a particulary capable and well liked christian, and vice versa?

I'm tired of you repeating this question as if people from a certain religion can never vote for somebody from a different religion in Nigeria.

Yes That can happen. But it did not happen in this instant. The Hausa muslims in Jos North will always support an ANPP candidate.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by naijaking1: 4:33am On Dec 02, 2008
JosBoy4Lif:

Yes That can happen. But it did not happen in this instant. The Hausa muslims in Jos North will always support an ANPP candidate.

Dude, how do you know? From your safe distance in Canada? When you raise a false logic, it tends to confuse the issue on the ground.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by oraclefemi(m): 8:21am On Dec 02, 2008
Lets be honest we are just under one name Nigeria and not at heart, come on lets think , how many times have u said hey look at this Nigerian man rather we say look at the hausa man and igbo woman , we are different! Nigeria is just a name to cloud our judgements of being equal when we know we are not! Things like this will continue to happen till end of time because we have religious differences and tribal differences , ok for example i dont trust igbos in business matters, does that make me a racist or tribalist or whatever? lets just tolerate one another .
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by onyengbu1(m): 8:49am On Dec 02, 2008
oraclefemi:

ok for example i don't trust igbos in business matters,  does that make me a racist or tribalist or whatever? lets just tolerate one another .

Like all your ofe mmanu brothers, you are a racist.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by atilla(m): 9:39am On Dec 02, 2008
Men i really dont understand how people can kill for religion it just doesnt make sense to me at all.
I really hope and pray this thing stops as soon as possible.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by monamie1: 10:43am On Dec 02, 2008
VIOLENCE does not in anyway justify a course of action no matter how valid the basis for the action may be. Considering the fact that I am not privileged to have first hand information on the genesis of the crises, I will go by what I have read on pages of papers and heard on the electronic media. From what I have gathered so far, protests by some youths in condemnation of unhealthy practices which brought about suspicion of perceived rigging by the election officials during the course of collating election results in Jos North LGA formed the genesis of the whole fracas. In as much as the reports didn't state that the protests were carried out in a violent manner, the security agents in an attempt to disperse the crowd  gathered to ensure that their votes were protected at the collating center in Gada biyu provoked the crowd into reacting which resulted in the shooting of an individual by the police. All accounts clearly state that the Plateau State Independent Electoral Commission moved the collation of the results to three different locations for reasons best known to them at times when the collation were almost nearing conclusion and after the ANPP candidate was said to have surpassed the votes of the PDP candidate by about 30,000 votes. This formed the basis for suspicion of a conceived motive to rig the election. Moreover, majority of the Victims who lost their lives were adjudged to have sustained bullet wounds following the shoot at sight order as directed by the state governor after the whole thing assumed a serious dimension for reasons best known to him.  

From my understanding, the security agents were working on prior instructions to disperse the crowd at all cost irrespective of their motive for being present at the collation center. This was what actually incited the waiting crowd who to the best of their knowledge didn't adopt any illegal means prior to the attack on them by the police. They saw the action of the police as un-justjust and un-called for with a premeditated-meditated attempt to ensure safe passage of the election officials who they believed were bent on rendering their mandates insignificant. Lets face it, both the PLASIEC and the security agents share a vast portion of the blame for creating a suspicious environment in the first place. Had the collation been conducted transparently enough, the results would not have prompted for the breakdown of law and order. The major cause in simple terms is absolute disregard for the mandate of the people and the imposition of an unpopular candidate by the authority at all cost. If I remember clearly, the same instance almost took place in Kano during the 2003 governorship elections between Rabiu Kwankwaso of the PDP and Ibrahim Shekarau of the ANPP when it was glaringly obvious that the entirety of Kano wanted the PDP booted out of office. It took the serious intervention of community leaders and royal fathers to call off any attempts by the PDP being the ruling party as at that time to impose the unpopular candidate upon the people. The decision to allow the will of the people to prevail saved the populace from a mayhem that could have been adjudged the most bloody in the history of Nigerian politics.

THE WAY OUT: LET THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE PREVAIL AT ALL TIMES!!!
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 02, 2008
Long meaningless story.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by demperor1: 10:56am On Dec 02, 2008
its a pity.i thot we wanted to delibrate abt the killings in jos.instead we are at war with words of our mouth.i wonder when this tribalism rubbish will end,majority and minority is all nonsense,the truth is tht we all need each other to survive.some are even talking abt biafra,imagine,BIAFRA is long dead and gone,it only lives in the mind of few.even if biafra was establish,without the nigerdelta region it will b a wasted effort.and without our region the whole nation will b in trouble.am frm the nigerdelta,proud to b and always will b.LETS RENEW OUR MIND AND LIVE IN PEACE WITH OURSELVES IN RESPECTIVE OF OUR TRIBES.COS ITS ALL VANITY UPON VANITY
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 02, 2008
Stop blabbing about n/d and proffer your supposed solution. Kill more Igbos because there's no punishment for that in nigeria?
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by onyengbu1(m): 11:28am On Dec 02, 2008
d emperor:

its a pity.i thot we wanted to delibrate about the killings in jos.instead we are at war with words of our mouth.i wonder when this tribalism rubbish will end,majority and minority is all nonsense,the truth is that we all need each other to survive.some are even talking about biafra,imagine,BIAFRA is long dead and gone,it only lives in the mind of few.even if biafra was establish,without the nigerdelta region it will b a wasted effort.and without our region the whole nation will b in trouble.am frm the nigerdelta,proud to b and always will b.LETS RENEW OUR MIND AND LIVE IN PEACE WITH OURSELVES IN RESPECTIVE OF OUR TRIBES.because ITS ALL VANITY UPON VANITY

Your Niger Delta people like OBJ rightly pointed is full of lazy people, igbos wont even take if there is going to be biafra because u will self destruct in a short period.

lazy morons.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Muza(m): 11:33am On Dec 02, 2008
You guyz are here killing each other on naira land, some others are there killing each other on the street.
Now the governor wants to swear-in the council chairmen after all this bloodshed.So the people have been sacrificed for the politicians.
Now you see what political manipulations and rigging can bring.We are here insulting one another while the politicians are there raising toasts.
One day,one day the people will revolt.  sad
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by otokx(m): 11:34am On Dec 02, 2008
The madness has almost stopped. The Christians and so called non indigenes are getting wiser. They should as much as possible reside close to each other and have enough ammunition stored up for the rainy day. When those miscreants and hooligans decide to go on rampage, they will remember the number of their people that died the last time to think again. The issue of rigging is a non factor; all over Nigeria elections are rigged. If you feel so strongly then the courts are open. In summary only a balance of force can stop this madness.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by onyengbu1(m): 11:42am On Dec 02, 2008
otokx:

In summary only a balance of force can stop this madness.

in one wierd way i agree with u.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by miquest: 11:57am On Dec 02, 2008
@ quotasystem
I am from Delta State and i can never be ashamed to say it, But you igbos feel like the world cannot do without you people, If you get your own Biafra Country would you live in it, If you would tell me what you where looking for in jos and not one of your states, live the people alone and stop pointing fingers and talking about the stupid biafra that has no head or tail and nobody wants to join you in your stupid biafra movement,

I am not justifying what was done in jos, but for you to open your stupid smelling nonsense racist and non thinking mouth to talk trash about me must mean your brain doesn't really function well, and you would ever remain a fool,

Those that were killed in jos were not only igbos or whateva you think, i lost people that were hausa christians and i mean christians not muslims, So my friend it's not all bout you being igbo,

SORRY TO SAY BUT THEY ARE JUST SO SHALLOW MINDED, and the day you show us that you can think for others and not just yourself would be the day biafra might just be ready to work, and this message is for quotasystems, i repeat you are a fool, and you were not even born in 1966 thinking you know it all,
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Ellyptical: 12:22pm On Dec 02, 2008
d emperor:

its a pity.i thot we wanted to delibrate about the killings in jos.instead we are at war with words of our mouth.i wonder when this tribalism rubbish will end,majority and minority is all nonsense,the truth is that we all need each other to survive.some are even talking about biafra,imagine,BIAFRA is long dead and gone,it only lives in the mind of few.even if biafra was establish,without the nigerdelta region it will b a wasted effort.and without our region the whole nation will b in trouble.am frm the nigerdelta,proud to b and always will b.LETS RENEW OUR MIND AND LIVE IN PEACE WITH OURSELVES IN RESPECTIVE OF OUR TRIBES.because ITS ALL VANITY UPON VANITY

Well,
For those who think Biafra will be a failed state without the oil of the ND,
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-186168.128.html#msg3026190

You can also read the whole thread and see the achievements of ours, without ND oil.
PS: The G7 Nations are not oil dependent economies. Biafrans are business/technology oriented.
Obrigado.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by Adexy001(f): 12:44pm On Dec 02, 2008
Sadly, we have lost 3 Corp Members in this riot as at this morning. cry
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by dnex(m): 12:58pm On Dec 02, 2008
How to stop the madness is by shoot-at-sight.
Re: Jos Killings How Do We Stop This Madness? by ow11(m): 1:10pm On Dec 02, 2008
miquest:

@ quotasystem
I am from Delta State and i can never be ashamed to say it, But you igbos feel like the world cannot do without you people, If you get your own Biafra Country would you live in it, If you would tell me what you where looking for in jos and not one of your states, live the people alone and stop pointing fingers and talking about the stupid biafra that has no head or tail and nobody wants to join you in your stupid biafra movement,

Are you currently living in Delta state? What are all those Hausa and Yoruba people doing in PH? Nigerians have the right to live wherever they like without intimidation.

If this mayhem happened in PH, everyone would say Ijaw militants again but these Hausa militants have killed and plundered a town and no single arrest was made. SHAME!!!  
When 12 policemen were killed in ODI, that blood thirsty tribalist (Danjuma) sent soldiers to go and kill everybody in Odi; now Policemen and soldiers were attacked in Jos and no one is sending battalions to go and kill all those scoundrels in Jos. No commandoes were sent to rape, maim and kill the remaining people in the town.This injustice will end one day!!!!

How can Hausa people be free to live in Lagos and PH without stress but go crazy when they see Non Hausa people?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14)

Buhari Removes Mamora, Bugaje And Tallen From New Ambassadorial List / “The Candidates”: Buhari And Osinbajo To Be In A Live Programme / EndSARS: I Drove Around Port Harcourt To Observe The Situation. Normalcy Returns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.