Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,533 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo (1489 Views)

Photo Of National Assembly Gate Today's Morning / Tor! Kwankwaso Hails Deputy Minority Leader For Jumping National Assembly Gate Y / Cameroon Did No Wrong Flooding Nigeria – FG Official (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo by idris93(m): 12:34pm On Nov 25, 2014
Following Thursday’s siege on the National Assembly by security agents, Lagos lawyer, Festus Keyamo, has alleged that there was a plot to impeach the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, and replace him with his deputy, Emeka Ihedioha, by PDP legislators last Thursday.
see more.......................
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/171861-reps-no-wrong-jumping-national-assembly-gate-keyamo.html
Re: Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo by toxiflam: 12:39pm On Nov 25, 2014
Anyway keyamo do talk his own, I just pity for Nigeria my country when lawmakers be like

1 Like

Re: Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 25, 2014
HOR members did no wrong. The game plan was to impeach Tambuwal.
Re: Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo by eligibility: 2:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
Cajetanspeaks:
HOR members did no wrong. The game plan was to impeach Tambuwal.

They have no moral status to impeach the humble speaker. PDP has committed many unlawful acts in this country. They invaded APC office because of corrupt PDP in power.
Re: Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo by desgiezd(m): 2:33pm On Nov 25, 2014
FULL TEXT OF WHAT KEYAMO SAID:

Following Thursday’s siege on the National Assembly by security agents, Lagos lawyer, Festus Keyamo, has alleged that there was a plot to impeach the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, and replace him with his deputy, Emeka Ihedioha, by PDP legislators last Thursday.

The House of Representative members of the All Progressives Congress, APC, and the Speaker, Aminu Tambuwal, who recently defected to the APC, were prevented from entering the National Assembly complex by the Nigerian police last week.

Mr. Keyamo who stated this in a press statement issued said ‎the plot was “unusual in our kind of democratic environment‎”.

“Let us not forget too that there was a real plot (not unusual in our kind of democratic environment) to allow only a handful of PDP legislators into the chambers to “impeach” the Speaker and install the Deputy Speaker as “Speaker”.

“The other lawmakers had no option but to do all that was legal and necessary to stop that illegality which included scaling that fence,”
Mr. Keyamo stated.

“It would have been total cowardice on the part of the affected lawmakers for them to fold their arms and do nothing about the situation,” he continued.

He disagreed with those who criticise the lawmakers who scaled the gate of the assembly complex, saying they “are actuated by misinformation, partisan politics, and lack of knowledge of the law or plain bias. I completely disagree with those condemnations”.

‎He said the police action was illegal as there was no court document or legislative order backing their action and the Police should have invited the leadership of the National Assembly to a meeting ‎if they truly had information that thugs would invade the National Assembly

“The Police in this case, engaged in pure illegality by barricading the gates of the National Assembly, even if they did so on the orders of the Inspector-General of Police. The orders of the I.G.P do not
amount to law and he is not a demigod to decide who enters any premises or not,”
Mr. Keyamo wrote.

Mr. Keyamo who said he was proud of the “gate-jumping” legislators urged the House of Representatives members to jump more gates to save Nigeria’s democracy.

‎‎”They should keep jumping and jumping and jumping over gates, fences, walls and huddles if that will save our democracy. That is the only way to go,” he said.

6 Likes

Re: Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo by desgiezd(m): 2:35pm On Nov 25, 2014
Keyamo has just said it the way it is. Many people have derided the reps for jumping over the fence without looking at the bottom line of what really made them to put up such an act.

5 Likes

Re: Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo by akoaki(m): 3:04pm On Nov 25, 2014
I agree with keyamo's thought on this. I think the end has justified the means. Imagine what we will be talking about now if the lawmakers were passive and have allowed the speaker to be impeached. I give this one to them.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo by holatin(m): 3:06pm On Nov 25, 2014
yeah
why you go lock me out of my office when you never sack me

2 Likes

Re: Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo by holatin(m): 3:06pm On Nov 25, 2014
yeah
why you go lock me out of my office when you never sack me.
Re: Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo by Demdem(m): 3:16pm On Nov 25, 2014
Even before keyamo release, demdem has stated that he is proud of the fence jumping legislatives. These are the peoples heros. These ones are ready to die for our democracy.

1 Like

Re: Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo by clubone05: 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2014
The IGP can not just lock the gates of the national assembly without a court order. ..him dey mad ni....

if thiefs are coming to my house ..will the police just come and lock the gate without informing me the owner. ..them dey mad. ..

Security threat or not...
Re: Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo by jfking2005(m): 5:24pm On Nov 25, 2014
That was d game plan. I guess it was planned for Ekiti and Abuja at the same time but Abuja failed while Ekiti was successful

Impunity in collaboration with IGP

1 Like

Re: Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo by obailala(m): 6:29pm On Nov 25, 2014
Of course some actions are embarrassingly necessary. The gate-scaling actions of the APC lawmakers was most expedient at the time to checkmate the impending PDP illegality of locking the speaker and APC lawmakers out and conducting a scam impeachment.

Judging by the kind of democracy we practice in Nigeria, if the APC lawmakers did not jump those gates, the speaker would have been impeached in absentia and Tambuwal would have been asked to seek redress in court (by Nigerian standards we all know what that means).

1 Like

Re: Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2014
Keyamo is deluded

No wonder Tompolo wanna beat him up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
Is Festus Keyamo not a card carrying APC man?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo by ayukdaboss(m): 7:06pm On Nov 25, 2014
holatin:
yeah
why you go lock me out of my office when you never sack me
This little statement means so much grin grin grin
Re: Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo by holatin(m): 7:08pm On Nov 25, 2014
ayukdaboss:

This little statement means so much grin grin grin
God bless you man
Re: Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo by KriTic24A: 7:58pm On Nov 25, 2014
I can support this view because it came from the law's angle.

Otherwise i would have been thinking they came to save the 'FAT' salary and allowee.

They are the reasons 9ja is retarded.

They are the reasons the youths are jobless.
Re: Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo by Soloter(m): 8:11pm On Nov 25, 2014
Re: Reps Did No Wrong Jumping National Assembly Gate –keyamo by Soloter(m): 8:41pm On Nov 25, 2014
mikeansy:
Is Festus Keyamo not a card carrying APC man?
does that stop him from saying the truth which your party pdp been the father of lies (asaTAN) has vowed never to condone or say?

(1) (Reply)

Judge Assigned To Remove Tambuwal Withdraws Citing Petition Against Him / Do We Have Muslims Supporting GEJ? / Huffington Post Article Calls GEJ 'a Proven Good-for-nothing slowpoke' Over Baga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.