Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. (36793 Views)

Fresh IMSU Graduate Dead As Students Poured Dirty Water On Him! [PHOTO] / Effect Of This ASUU Strike On Students And Lecturers / VC Of UNIJOS Vows To Arrest Any Student Who Dresses Indecently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by Kirinwa: 3:49am On Nov 26, 2014
godsamist:
Too bad..Very bad they should face boko haram and not innocent,harmless students.

If you know a history of Jos, you will know that its a volatile state. Those 'innocent' students may well be useful tools by BH. Advise your young ones not to protest in front of gun totting soldiers.. Its unfortunate shaa but I feel they were given orders to contain the protest by any means necessary.
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by Kirinwa: 3:53am On Nov 26, 2014
obiZEAL:
The bullets wasted on unijos student today alone are enough to take out inhabitants of sambisa!!!
and they want us to leave the hostel
To were now....

To your house or you don't have? When there's restiveness its neccessary to avoid further breakdown of law and order.
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by pak: 4:04am On Nov 26, 2014
Kirinwa:

If you know a history of Jos, you will know that its a volatile state. Those 'innocent' students may well be useful tools by BH. Advise your young ones not to protest in front of gun totting soldiers.. Its unfortunate shaa but I feel they were given orders to contain the protest by any means necessary.

I don't know if you are trying to defend the indefensible but under no condition should armed men shoot at unarmed students. There are millions of ways to disperse 'volatile' crowds of students without killing them. Am sure these military men would have been trained before handing them guns. This is just a display of wantoness and impunity at its worst
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by frank4t(m): 4:19am On Nov 26, 2014
mjameslarry:
Do you want to be a member of the great brotherhood Illuminati? we are going to make you rich famous and to be a world known star, get a good job, to win elections and get into a political power we are going to enrich you in all your endeavors empowerment and you will never loose any case in court or were ever, you will have powers to control people in high places email us now at( illuminatechurchofsatan666@gmail.com or call +2347054798538 beware you must be 18 years and above if you know you are not interested never you attempt to this post be warned
get yourself a job, even if its a 3low job

1 Like

Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by ojeffo: 4:31am On Nov 26, 2014
constance500:
Only in NAIJIRIYA undecided

Thank God I school in Los Angeles cheesy
Dt side is not spared DUNCE!!!...CUM TO FRANCE

1 Like

Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by dandaddy(m): 5:14am On Nov 26, 2014
babyosisi:
The shooters and whoever gave them orders must not go unpunished
What nonsense
Na for student body dey get power
If na boko they will throw their guns away, comot cloth and pretend to be mad people
exactly...that is called tactical manuovre
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by christopher123(m): 6:01am On Nov 26, 2014
Bastards ..they are shooting armless and harmless students

Give these children guns mark my word soilders will run as usual
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by Captaincue(m): 6:29am On Nov 26, 2014
Who gave the order!! Why would they use live rounds!! Why is the country in such bad shape!!
Is everyone mad
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by bundur(m): 6:56am On Nov 26, 2014
Nigerian Army harassin civilians since 1960
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by stevSKY(m): 7:00am On Nov 26, 2014
pak:

I don't know if you are trying to defend the indefensible but under no condition should armed men shoot at unarmed students. There are millions of ways to disperse 'volatile' crowds of students without killing them. Am sure these military men would have been trained before handing them guns. This is just a display of wantoness and impunity at its worst
We just don't conclude issues. Who knows if there were cult boys who sampled guns in the public during the protest It might be, who knows. These military men are not just foolish to open fire on the student knowing fully the consequences surrounding that action. I live in jos, when i? heard about the protest from a friend, i? told him there's going to be casualties after he told me the student had gone as far as destroying the popular 'White house' where the SUG resides. I guessed as much that the students or rather let me use SOME STUDENTS had gone far beyond just a peaceful protest, which had lead to the killing of this three student.
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by mitnick(m): 7:00am On Nov 26, 2014
It is a sad 1 here in naija were people pay tax to get killed
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by armadeo(m): 7:06am On Nov 26, 2014
ToyozzieTohBad:
cowards! if na boko-haram dere bullets go finish....and they go do cross over go cameroun go relax...hobbits orcs!

Fixed. Hobbits are nice folks
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by jocelyncherish: 7:11am On Nov 26, 2014
Nawa for this op and you claim your source is Icefm.Your news is false,am a student and i work there.learn to go in depth to an issue before casting.for your info no student has bin confirmed dead yet,they only sustained injury.
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by 1stUnique(m): 7:13am On Nov 26, 2014
Those military men must be crazy....
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by betatalk: 7:47am On Nov 26, 2014
When it is students and civilians the military go dey vex and pursue. When na boko or fulani heardsmen dem go gentle like dove and run.
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by goldfish80(m): 7:56am On Nov 26, 2014
This is the reason why some people are happy with the arms embargo placed on NigeriIA. These Idiiots only show their power when faced with civilians, especially students. Imagine the impunity we will bef@ced with if those rusty ak47s are upgraded to 21 century weapons. Nonsense
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by henrylove1994: 8:09am On Nov 26, 2014
ALUTA CONTINUA... VICTORIA ASCERTA.... Struggle continues until victory is assured.
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by Bennyhawk: 8:18am On Nov 26, 2014
The manner @ which they fire and treated us yesterday explain the decadence and abuse of Human right by the Military and Para Military in this Country.
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 26, 2014
Good morning.

While I express sorrow and grief at the death of the students, and call upon our Government to make our Army a real People's Army in deed and truth....let us focus on why students had to protest.

Last year, the Government told ASUU that they could not provide them with the extra 3 trillion they promised in 2009. Instead 1 trillion was offered over five years. The National Student Union joined forces with the Government and ASUU called off their strike.

Right now, the Government has not paid all the money promised. And it is looking like there won't be extra funding comming in the near future....which means that no matter how students protest.....fees are going to shoot up, and shoot up drastically.

Let us be honest.....there isn't enough money. And the oil price drop makes the extra money a mirage. So, my advice to the students is to accept the cold reality. Fees are going to go up....unless the Govt finds N3trillion or more for University funding now. Or we remove the fuel subsidy completely and fund university education with the savings. Or we just take 20-26% of the national budget for education.

Ultimately....we have to get off oil....and become an industrial society SO that we can have a GDP that would be large enough to fund university education adequately. Until then....the road to quality university education lies through high fees. The VC has no choice. And neither does anyone else. Fees are going to go up. The oil money is not enough.
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by Deiok(m): 8:40am On Nov 26, 2014
This is so sad, what is going on in this country. How can the millitary just shot at student like they are at war with them. Just imagine a student who left his parent and siblings at home to study and make something better out of his life , but to just be shot just like that. There is no value for life in this country.
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by Friedeong(m): 8:47am On Nov 26, 2014
Students protest and get shot..

Reps protest, attack the police, vandalise Government property, act in an unruly manner, conspired to cause chaos, almost rundown a police officer, attack the Senate president, breach an at the time barricaded government building and yet none of them got shot... And we are here fighting ourselves over trivial matters like religion and ethnicity and debating Political parties.. grin

We allowed this nonsense to grow, now we must live with it..

RIP to the fallen.
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by Orikinla(m): 9:30am On Nov 26, 2014
The election of President Goodluck Jonathan is the election of the most violent government in the history of Nigeria since the end of the civil war.
Even life was safer under the worst military dictator Gen. Sani Abacha.
GEJ should just carry his bad luck and leave Nigerians in peace..

Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by bukky5: 9:35am On Nov 26, 2014
Doro wicked!!!
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by baybiemee: 9:42am On Nov 26, 2014
Wisepac:
pls Wats unijos

cos Am schooling in France

Now this is getting boring.
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by cupidhero(m): 9:43am On Nov 26, 2014
Nigerian soldiers are cowards!!! kill 200 students and there won't even be a single revolt by students in other states. . 4 students were shot dead,4 unarmed students and yet we all act like it is nothing serious,we should be in the streets protesting and not sit here commenting. They should thank their God i'm through with school,i would have commited serious arson by now.This is police state in its apex!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by cupidhero(m): 9:44am On Nov 26, 2014
All this APC supporters should shut up their mouths..we all know soldiers killing innocent civillians has always been normal even before jonathan was born. everything you will blame jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by Orikinla(m): 10:08am On Nov 26, 2014
cupidhero:
All this APC supporters should shut up their mouths..we all know soldiers killing innocent civillians has always been normal even before jonathan was born. everything you will blame jonathan.

You are daft.
Give me a list of how many times soldiers killed protesting students in Nigeria from before President Jonathan was born to date.
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by firstolalekan(m): 10:31am On Nov 26, 2014
babyosisi:
The shooters and whoever gave them orders must not go unpunished
What nonsense
Na for student body dey get power
If na boko they will throw their guns away, comot cloth and pretend to be mad people
Don't mind the fools.
Bloody bastards.
May God punish the vc and his children.
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by K9Uneet(m): 10:37am On Nov 26, 2014
If these soldiers can't kill Boko Haram members then they DO NOT have the right to shoot at our students. Rubbish!
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by Gynacologist(m): 10:49am On Nov 26, 2014
Whizzdom:

Ask ya fada grin grin grin
e don turn to fight na question him ask.
Re: Three Dead As Military Men Open Fire On Students Of Unijos. by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 26, 2014
lets stand up against all these crop of leaders we have

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Formation University Of Benin Law Students (Photos) / Lady Shares Her Ph.D Experience In A Nigerian University / My Secondary School Chemistry Students Made This Salt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.