Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,349 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? (1390 Views)

Is It Ideal Having Another Elaborate Wedding After A Wife/Husband Is Dead? / Is It Ideal To Go For Someone With A Lesser demanding career than You / Is It Ideal For A Mother-in-law To Move In With A Newly Married Couple?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? by olafunny(m): 4:16pm On Nov 25, 2014
Just want to know if it is right for the wife to know the income of his husband. And as for the husbands, can u disclose your salary to your wife??
Re: Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? by olafunny(m): 4:17pm On Nov 25, 2014
Re: Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? by olafunny(m): 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2014
Space booked. Contact me 4 payment. grin
Re: Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 25, 2014
I'd love to knoew if it is right too. Nairalanders wer art thou?
Re: Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? by ronald4lif(m): 4:30pm On Nov 25, 2014
olafunny:
Just want to know if it is right for the wife to know the income of his husband. And as for the husbands, can u disclose your salary to your wife??

Yea its advisable for either spouse to know each other wages and related income, at least courtesy demands so. But what I won't encourage is anyone dictating to the other how they should spend his/her earnings. I will disclose mine when I get to that stage

1 Like

Re: Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? by 1one: 4:33pm On Nov 25, 2014
It's not good in a gay relationship undecided
Re: Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? by Diffdeef(m): 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2014
Wow
Re: Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? by 1one: 4:41pm On Nov 25, 2014
But in a normal straight relationship, grin... I don't think a man should hide anything from his wife... Not money, not anything, except maybe he's planning a surprise trip for the family and he needs to stash away some cash secretly for that purpose, I use secretly because if she knew, she would ask him about it and he may be forced to lie,...

In marriage there should be transparency... Utter absolute transparency, I'm not reasoning like the "standard African man" that feels a woman should be held at arm's length when it comes to declaring his financial status, but I'm speaking from what I believe is the biblical perspective that describes a man and a woman becoming "ONE FLESH".. If the man is the head and the wife is the neck, how would you hide whatever it is you're into from your neck... Are you going to" twist" your neck like a bird-flu infected fowl because you don't want your spouse to know what you earn.?

I understand that some spouses can take this for granted but it all boils down to getting married to the "right" person.. If the both of you have earlier discussed about key issues like this while courting, then at least you would know what the other person deems acceptable or not
Re: Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2014
It is ideal.
Re: Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? by Daguccizgreat(m): 5:07pm On Nov 25, 2014
Women are so good in making calculations around the man in their lives. I wud not want my wife to know my salary. It doesn't take long before they start asking you WOT DID U DO WIT UR SALARY the moment u start spending money on somethings dat the wife is not supposed to be aware of. My opinion though
Re: Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? by lilmax(m): 6:08pm On Nov 25, 2014
Its ideal
Re: Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? by OluwaChinenyenwa: 6:27pm On Nov 25, 2014
I don't want to know.
I wouldn't want to keep tabs on his financial life
Re: Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? by tpia5: 7:04pm On Nov 25, 2014
olafunny:

are you sitting on your haunches, watching the clock and waiting to monitor when someone's salary comes in?

Is that your job?
Re: Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? by Ichliebedich(f): 8:52pm On Nov 25, 2014
Daguccizgreat:
Women are so good in making calculations around the man in their lives. I wud not want my wife to know my salary. It doesn't take long before they start asking you WOT DID U DO WIT UR SALARY the moment u start spending money on somethings dat the wife is not supposed to be aware of. My opinion though
And why would you spend your money on something your wife would not be aware of; this is your wife we're talking about not some random girl friend
Re: Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? by kandiikane(m): 4:43am On Nov 26, 2014
Stup!d question....
Re: Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? by dein77(m): 7:01am On Nov 26, 2014
It's a none issue, at least, to me.

I think it's my duty to tell my wife how much I earn.

Infact, shes seems my payslip at the end of every month....
Re: Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? by Hazardd(m): 8:03am On Nov 26, 2014
they are one,two of them suppose to know each other secret
Re: Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? by Rosarie(f): 10:55am On Nov 26, 2014
verry mandatory and compulsory.infact is a right cos dey re nt two but one.how den do u plan.except u re married to d rong person den u re nt in marriage but in manage.i dnt c hw o.i n ma hubby discuss evry penny he gets,neither do i hide mine .i will recieve salary n already ve drawn out ma own budget wic i sgill show him and we gist n lauf over it cos we re one.no big deal dre.dt does nt mean u stop d other or dominate dem over hw dey wanna spend.it brings bond and love and uniity.d only tin if dre is a project we save up for it
Re: Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? by Profcamsey(m): 4:18pm On Nov 26, 2014
1one:
It's not good in a gay relationship undecided
you are trying to call your people hear abi? Bk2dtpc, its ideal.
Re: Is It Ideal For A Wife To Know The Salary Of His Spouse? by 1one: 5:39pm On Nov 26, 2014
Profcamsey:
you are trying to call your people hear abi? Bk2dtpc, its ideal.

You obviously didn't get the pun in that statement.

(1) (Reply)

20 Years After The Death Of John And Andy Angulu / Please Advice / How Would You Feel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.