Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,800 members, 7,813,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} (19389 Views)

2016 NAIRALAND JAMB TUTORIAL {the Physics Thread } / Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {chemistry Thread} / Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre {mathematics Thread} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by Layiwoo(m): 11:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
Seems we got a lot of Account teachers already.am an accountant too o.I volunteer
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
INTRODUCTORY CLASS

Let me confess that I did not do Account in my JAMB, because I hated Accounting then. Throughout university, I still hated accounting and did not go near Accounting Department for borrowed courses in my four years of studying Economics in the university.

I however wrote ICAN ( the accounting professional exam) during my service year and qualified as a chartered accountant. I work as an accountant today. So my lecture will be more of practical.

There are two aspects of accounts - theory and calculations.

JAMB will want to give you more theory and less calculation because they know you have little time in the exam hall.

The calculations will also be simple because they won't want you to spend all your time on one question. So bear that in mind.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by chimerase2: 11:41pm On Nov 28, 2014
Wat is this amu seeing grin
Hoekay I offer to teach enzyme nomenclature cool
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by redcliff: 11:41pm On Nov 28, 2014
You guys wont go and read your books. Be deceiving yourselves...
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by Dawinlove(m): 11:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
am in for..lit..gov..crs..eng..nyc one
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by Afrok(m): 11:49pm On Nov 28, 2014
Hehe... I hope this will do the students good and not harm them undecided. Nice idea and great development.
I think I like pathways which means the students must gain the admission first, best of luck to the students...
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
Jarus:
INTRODUCTORY CLASS

Let me confess that I did not do Account in my JAMB, because I hated Accounting then. Throughout university, I still hated accounting and did not go near Accounting Department for borrowed courses in my four years of studying Economics in the university.

I however wrote ICAN ( the accounting professional exam) during my service year and qualified as a chartered accountant. I work as an accountant today. So my lecture will be more of practical.

There are two aspects of accounts - theory and calculations.

JAMB will want to give you more theory and less calculation because they know you have little time in the exam hall.

The calculations will also be simple because they won't want you to spend all your time on one question. So bear that in mind.
please don't disarray this thread please don't teach here.
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
TOPIC 1 - Book Keeping vs Accounting

Book keeping is the recording of transactions as they occur.

Accounting is the systematic analysis, summarising, presentation and communication of financial or cost information to aid decision making. When it is financial information that is being processed, it is financial accounting, when it is cost information, it is called cost accounting. At JAMB level, focus will be more on financial accounting.

You don't need to cram, just digest and know the key words:

Key words

Book keeping: recording, transactions

Accounting: processing, sumarizing, classifying, communicating, information, decision making.

You may not find the definitions in the MCQ verbatim but these key words will guide you to know what the answer is.

Practical Learning Aid

When you enter a shop and buy a pen, you see the sales girl writing down the name and price of biro bought in a book, that is book keeping.

When the accountant comes in the evening and classifies the total value of items sold into sales ledger, and items left in the shop as stock, that is accounting (although low level accounting)

So anytime you enter the shop, take note of these.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by Elxandre(m): 11:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
holatin:
lol, everyone on nairaland now take wet weeds.
I am and was here
Lol grin
People who left high school and have probably lost touch years ago wanna teach too.. grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
yo yo niccur is you tripping? who dafuq are those halfbaked punkass niggers you calling profs?
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by khaady(f): 11:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
very good thread. OP thanx for d wonderful opportunity.I'll follow this thread til feb
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by boombay(m): 11:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
since I'm schooling in france ...I think I can join this thread...
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by boombay(m): 11:54pm On Nov 28, 2014
since I'm schooling in france ...I think I can join this thread...undecided
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by Emerson8(m): 11:56pm On Nov 28, 2014
DO YOU WANT TO SCORE HIGH IN THE FORTH-COMING JAMB
Things you should know first about coming jamb.
- Its only CBT that will be used.
- There are some specified centres allowed to register jamb for 2014/2015.
- Jamb will kick off early next year.
As we all know also that admission into univerities, polytechnics, etc involve good scores on utme and pume, so do not neglect anyone. A bird at hand worths more than a million in the bush, start making arrangement on how to secure your own jamb score and good score too.
CBT has made it possible for us to give all our candidates high scores in their jamb regardless of their locations. You can be our candidate regardless of your location and stil get your high score depending on your course and school. Our main head offices are located in the following places:
1. No. 41B Ejims Close, opposite Coca cola depot C, Asaba.
2. No. 33 Evergreen street, opposite Nikk's Restuarant, Awka.
3. No. 4 Nzekwe Street, near first bank, Onitsha.
4. No. 20 GraceDiamond Avenue, Opposite Jackson viewing centre, ikotu..lagos.
Our new branch in PH will soon be ready.
For those who wish to be our candidates, you can register with us or register your jamb wherever you are and send us your jamb registration number, centre name, location and the score you want your jamb score to be.
NOTE: The scores we are limited to give our candidates are at the range of 250-310. This is to avoid suspicious or cancellation. Every score has its own price and we have limited number of candidates to accept. Your fellow jambites have already started complying and paying up, the earlier the better. Do not allow jamb score to be a hinderance to your admission come next year.
For those who wish to apply, call 07064708266.
Thanks to CBT option
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
Questions

1, What is Book keeping?

A, Keeping of books in the store
B, Recording of financial transactions
C, Classification of financial information
D, None of thee above

2, Accounting is not complete until?

A, Information is communicated to the user
B, Debit and credit occurs
C, The Manager signs the records
D, The shop keeper closes

3, Accounting is the first stage before book keeping

A, I don't know because I schooled in France
B, True
C, False
D, Partly
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 29, 2014
In our next class by the grace of God, I will be taking "source documents".
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by seunwen2(m): 12:01am On Nov 29, 2014
Lesson from morning till night? Is my eyes seeing double? Can still with physics
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 29, 2014
Microflux, sorry I didn't read the instruction. Will copy to the right thread when i'm mentioned.
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by boombay(m): 12:02am On Nov 29, 2014
I'm schooling in France...so l volunteer my self to teach French!

so how much are we talking about hereundecided
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by Nobody: 12:04am On Nov 29, 2014
Jarus:
Microflux, sorry I didn't read the instruction. Will copy to the right thread when i'm mentioned.
thanks 4 d understanding. Soon. Lectures are 24/7

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by boombay(m): 12:04am On Nov 29, 2014
Jarus:
Questions

1, What is Book keeping?

A, Keeping of books in the store
B, Recording of financial transactions
C, Classification of financial information
D, None of thee above

2, Accounting is not complete until?

A, Information is communicated to the user
B, Debit and credit occurs
C, The Manager signs the records
D, The shop keeper closes

3, Accounting is the first stage before book keeping

A, I don't know because I schooled in France
B, True
C, False
D, Partly

1:A
2cheesy
3:Agrin
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 29, 2014
Microflux:

Prince...
You will make a first class, and you will shine
Mark my words.
Ire o!
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by Truman155(m): 12:08am On Nov 29, 2014
UnknownT:
I would like to teach Highway Engineering
armed criminal aka gentle man on the highway
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 29, 2014
BiHung:

Prince...
You will make a first class, and you will shine
Mark my words.
Ire o!
thanks amen
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by ALKARULEZ615(m): 12:11am On Nov 29, 2014
ECONOMICS here

Would chip in if the 'Pay' is OK

Ma Opinion: Kids can't learn a thing here. They shud read their books.....lotta distractions here.

Btw, who be all those 100 level students wey OP dey call 'Professors'? OP is prolly high on wet weed
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by Truman155(m): 12:12am On Nov 29, 2014
if i say i understand what is going on here i am lying but anyway thank god i will never write[i] jamb[/i] # i now school in togo france
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by Neldrizzy(m): 12:14am On Nov 29, 2014
i can help to teach you guys music/keyboard note, maths, geography!!
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 29, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
ECONOMICS here

Ma Opinion: Kids can't learn a thing here. They shud read their books.....lotta distractions here.

Btw, who be all those 100 level students wey OP dey call 'Professors'? OP is prolly high on wet weed
y cnt u just ofa encouraging words. Poor u o! Eop
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by vict505(m): 12:27am On Nov 29, 2014
Microflux:
[b]Good Evening guys! It's time we have finally come to the unvailing and launching of Nairaland Tutorial Centre Launching.
*opening prayer*.
We thank God for giving us a special gift which is today and making today a reality.
I hereby recognise the presence of our men and women of honours on the highly respectected hi gh table in persons of Mr. Seun Osewa,Mizmycoli,Fynestboi,Richiez, Olawalebabs.
Our invitees Laykorn, Jennimma , Naijaboiy, kelvingraphics. Also our superb, highly rated young professors (teachers) who have kindly promise to contribute their effort to the success of this tutorial centre. In persons of
Prof. Mizmycoli
Prof. Marthak
Prof. pickabeau1
Prof. raayah
Prof. LogoDwhiz
Prof. Jennimma
Prof. Goofyone
Prof. Naijaboiy
Prof. Nelsizzy
Prof. Jimmy101231.
Prof. Kuderrich
prof. Abumikey
prof. Dejt4u
prof. Adebayour26
* a loud ovation in the hall*.
We are so glad that nairaland will be contributing to the future of some youth. My dear guest if any of your friends writing jamb is not on Nairaland, enjoin them to hurry up and register. Even invite your enemies , the invite can make you friends *smiles*.
Our Mission : To produce students who can comfortably sit for Jamb and score high marks and also help them in their Pume.
Eventhough I know most of our guys in here will be in different viewing centres watching football matches *winks*
Please guests, this is just a platform for you to contribute to mankind and make nairaland a better place to live!. *claps*
The tutorial will kick start on the 26th of november 2014 and end on the 26th of feburary 2015. And there will be a m
ock test on the 27th of feburary,2015 a day before the exam day. No lectures on sunday's. Expect timetable so on.
KNOW YOUR TEACHERS.
¤ Mizmycoli - economics
¤ Marthak - english and literature.
¤ Pickabeau1 - account and chemistry.
¤ Raayah - Maths
¤ LogoDwhiz - Physics
¤ Kuderrich & Adebayour26 - Chemistry
¤ Microflux - Biology
¤ Jennimma - Government
¤ Naijaboiy- Literature
¤ Goofyone - Maths
¤ Nelsizzy - commerce
¤ Jimmy101231 - Yoruba
¤ Abumikey - Geography. God bless our amiable teachers and moderator.
*DJ scratch the disk, give us some musics*
*menu! Menu!! Menu!!!*
Thank you all for honouring our invitation. You are just the best of all. *closing prayer*
Lights out
[/b] cc : obinoscopy. Front page please![b][/b]
for those at north Hausa I will be taking Hausa language
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by ALKARULEZ615(m): 12:39am On Nov 29, 2014
Microflux:
y cnt u just ofa encouraging words. Poor u o! Eop
I know u know this isn't gona work.

Prove me wrong:

Can u tackle Integration and Differentiation (Calculus) online?

Can u plot graphs here?

This is just 'mumuness' at its peak

@Jambites: face ur book ooooo......
Re: Nairaland Jamb Tutorial Centre. {NJTC} by Neldrizzy(m): 12:41am On Nov 29, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
ECONOMICS here

Lolll yeye man.. @professor cheesycheesycheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Studying Mass Communication Without Literature? / Monica Osagie: I Can’t Get Justice From ICPC; They Think I’m Psychotic / 7 Nigerian Varsities Emerge For World Bank Sponsored Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.