Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,483 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni (1843 Views)

Nigerians Misunderstood Apcs Change Mantra - Lai Mohammed / I Was Misunderstood - Akpabio: Was He? / Ogboni To Make Up Rochas Okorocha Cabinets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by Kinkale(m): 7:20am On Nov 26, 2014
The Olori (also known as the supreme leader) of the Reformed Ogboni Fraternity, Otunba Francis Meshioye, has said the organisation has been wrongly labelled a secret cult by members of the society who lack the patience to examine their teachings.
He stated this at a recent unveiling of the fraternity’s centenary celebration in Ikeja, Lagos.
According to him, the ROF fulfils its obligations to relevant government agencies like other incorporated entities, files returns at the Corporate Affairs Commission, conducts meetings in public places and teaches members to imbibe high moral standards and be law-abiding.
He added, “The biggest challenge that many fraternities have is the impatience of those who are not their members to examine their purposes with open minds and without prejudice. A pure and investigative mind that is searching for unbiased understanding should possess these qualities.
“Many people create mental stereotypes on what the fraternity should be or how its members should or must look like.”
Meshioye said some intending members had withdrawn their applications on the knowledge of the high moral standards they were expected to comply with.
“Many believe that they can perpetrate criminality when they become our members, they are also disappointed when they are informed of the need to uphold high morals and to be obedient to every law in the country they live,” he said.
The leader said members would not engage in unnecessary debates to change what he described as public misconception about them but would conquer “the unfairness with pure thoughts, good words and honourable deeds”.
He described the spread of the organisation and the growth of membership as the greatest achievement of ROF in the past 100 years.
Meshioye said the fraternity had grown from the six initiates that started it on December 18, 1914 to its current 1.5 million members, fostering unity and love among people of diverse religions, political affiliations, professions and race.

Sauce: http://www.punchng.com/feature/midweek-revue/we-are-misunderstood-by-non-members-ogboni/
Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by funshyboi(m): 7:23am On Nov 26, 2014
On hearing the name ogboni sef made me scared!

3 Likes

Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by Kinkale(m): 7:25am On Nov 26, 2014
funshyboi:
On hearing the name ogboni sef made me scared!

you can join o.. Its free
Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by GogetterMD(m): 7:27am On Nov 26, 2014
Of course! The evil dibia in my village is also misunderstood!
But wait o, 1.5 million members? shocked

1 Like

Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by Kinkale(m): 7:29am On Nov 26, 2014
GogetterMD:
Of course! The evil dibia in my village is also misunderstood!
But wait o, 1.5 million members? shocked

LMAO... The dibai is trully misunderstood

1 Like

Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by funshyboi(m): 7:31am On Nov 26, 2014
Kinkale:

lolz Noo, I don't do fraternity...I said am scared of the name and you are telling me to join are you from France?

1 Like

Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by Kinkale(m): 7:35am On Nov 26, 2014
funshyboi:
lolz Noo, I don't do fraternity...I said am scared of the name and you are telling me to join are you from France?
Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by Kinkale(m): 7:36am On Nov 26, 2014
funshyboi:

no o.. I was told to open a branch in afganistan were i school

1 Like

Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by Kinkale(m): 7:36am On Nov 26, 2014
funshyboi:

no o.. I was told to open a branch in afganistan were we school
Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by funshyboi(m): 7:45am On Nov 26, 2014
Kinkale:

no o.. I was told to open a branch in afganistan were we school
you and who?
Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by Kinkale(m): 7:53am On Nov 26, 2014
funshyboi:
you and who?

we na.. Abi are you not in the deparment of bomb and explosive making?
Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by funshyboi(m): 8:07am On Nov 26, 2014
Kinkale:

we na.. Abi are you not in the deparment of bomb and explosive making?
Nah, not me wrong number

2 Likes

Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by godofwar666(m): 8:19am On Nov 26, 2014
Ogboni I fear the organisation gan ni o! And una knw wetin dey always happen to any Ogboni member wheneva dey die undecided
Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by Voice234: 8:21am On Nov 26, 2014
funshyboi:
Nah, not me wrong number
lol, no be small wrong number
Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by donmalcolm21(m): 9:02am On Nov 26, 2014
Freedom of worship is allowed, if I like I can join them because I've not seen them killing anybody or forcing anyone to convert to their religeon.
Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by adebisiema(m): 9:59am On Nov 26, 2014
Ogboni is just like illuminati, it an occultic organisattion where big men belongs, big men who control every aspect of the country.
I doff my hat, Ogboni!!
Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by Zuria(f): 10:05am On Nov 26, 2014
Kinkale:

How do I join o? grin cheesy grin
Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by Kinkale(m): 10:42am On Nov 26, 2014
Zuria:

How do I join o? grin cheesy grin

you know we in ogboni don't like spilling blood.. So all you have to do is kill your mother and your girlfriend to join.. Bring their head and you become a member
Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by Zuria(f): 10:53am On Nov 26, 2014
Kinkale:

you know we in ogboni don't like spilling blood.. So all you have to do is kill your mother and your girlfriend to join.. Bring their head and you become a member

Very simple naa...was thinking I would have to bring the beating- heart of 7tigers ni grin grin grin
Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by Kinkale(m): 11:17am On Nov 26, 2014
Zuria:

Very simple naa...was thinking I would have to bring the beating- heart of 7tigers ni grin grin grin

hahaha.. Shaa the mother and gf's own z for ordinary members. Premuim members bring the tail of a winged lion and the d.i.ck of a tadpole
Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by Zuria(f): 11:23am On Nov 26, 2014
Kinkale:

hahaha.. Shaa the mother and gf's own z for ordinary members. Premuim members bring the tail of a winged lion and the d.i.ck of a tadpole

Then Premium member it is cool grin cool grin
Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by Kenneth205(m): 11:54am On Nov 26, 2014
Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by tellwisdom: 11:59am On Nov 26, 2014
Mumu people undecided
Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by idu1(m): 12:12pm On Nov 26, 2014
tellwisdom:
Mumu people undecided
grin
tellwisdom:
Mumu people undecided
if dem catch u eh?
Re: We Are Misunderstood -says Ogboni by free2ryhme: 2:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
Kinkale:
The Olori (also known as the supreme leader) of the Reformed Ogboni Fraternity, Otunba Francis Meshioye, has said the organisation has been wrongly labelled a secret cult by members of the society who lack the patience to examine their teachings.
He stated this at a recent unveiling of the fraternity’s centenary celebration in Ikeja, Lagos.
According to him, the ROF fulfils its obligations to relevant government agencies like other incorporated entities, files returns at the Corporate Affairs Commission, conducts meetings in public places and teaches members to imbibe high moral standards and be law-abiding.
He added, “The biggest challenge that many fraternities have is the impatience of those who are not their members to examine their purposes with open minds and without prejudice. A pure and investigative mind that is searching for unbiased understanding should possess these qualities.
“Many people create mental stereotypes on what the fraternity should be or how its members should or must look like.”
Meshioye said some intending members had withdrawn their applications on the knowledge of the high moral standards they were expected to comply with.
“Many believe that they can perpetrate criminality when they become our members, they are also disappointed when they are informed of the need to uphold high morals and to be obedient to every law in the country they live,” he said.
The leader said members would not engage in unnecessary debates to change what he described as public misconception about them but would conquer “the unfairness with pure thoughts, good words and honourable deeds”.
He described the spread of the organisation and the growth of membership as the greatest achievement of ROF in the past 100 years.
Meshioye said the fraternity had grown from the six initiates that started it on December 18, 1914 to its current 1.5 million members, fostering unity and love among people of diverse religions, political affiliations, professions and race.

Sauce: http://www.punchng.com/feature/midweek-revue/we-are-misunderstood-by-non-members-ogboni/

There is nothing positive involve in occultism. Ogboni is occultism at the highest.

(1) (Reply)

25 Interesting Things About Patience Jonathan / Amampor Intervew With GMB And GEJ (video) / Photos: Gov. Fashola Inspects Upgraded Facilities At Nigeria Conservation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.