Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) (49283 Views)

My 2,000 Broiler Production Cycle / Broiler Production(contract Farming) Scam Or Real / Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 1:24pm On Nov 26, 2014
I MAY NOT BE AN EXPERT BUT ASK ANY QUESTION ON BROILER PRODUCTION, I WILL ANSWER TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE...... FELLOW FARMERS SHOULD DROP THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS PLSSSSSS...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Praktikals(m): 2:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
If i rear broilers until they begin laying egg and incubate the eggs, will i get day old broiler chick. i intend to do artificial insemination.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Brineharry: 10:09pm On Nov 26, 2014
Dats a nice one. How many weeks do u rear ur birds..and do u do frozen foods
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 10:20am On Nov 27, 2014
Praktikals:
If i rear broilers until they begin laying egg and incubate the eggs, will i get day old broiler chick. i intend to do artificial insemination.
Yea, its very possible to carry out artificial insemination in broilers, but u have to know what you are doing and u must have the necessary equipment to help you successfully carry it out.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 10:24am On Nov 27, 2014
Brineharry:
Dats a nice one. How many weeks do u rear ur birds..and do u do frozen foods
I USUALLY RAISE MY BROILER BIRDS IN 15 to 16 WEEKS (DAY OLD TO MARKET SIZE), BUT U CAN DO IT FOR A LESSER TIME FRAME BUT BE PREPARED TO FEED THEM VERY WELL........ I AM NOT INTO FROZEN FOOD FOR NOW, WILL BE VENTURING INTO IT VERY SOON.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 27, 2014
Nice job,Mr. Apexquest. Pls,wich breed(s) is best 4 broiler rearing?
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 1:25pm On Nov 27, 2014
eclipse13:
Nice job,Mr. Apexquest. Pls,wich breed(s) is best 4 broiler rearing?
I DONT KNOW THE BEST BREED OOHH...MANY BREEDS ARE GOOD BUT I MOSTLY USE OBASANJO BREED
COS THEY GROW REALLY BIG . . .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 27, 2014
apexquest:

I DONT KNOW THE BEST BREED OOHH...MANY BREEDS ARE GOOD BUT I MOSTLY USE OBASANJO BREED
COS THEY GROW REALLY BIG . . .
ok,thanx alot. whr can i get dem?do dey hav retail outlets?-i reside in delta
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 2:32pm On Nov 27, 2014
I DON'T KNOW THEIRS OUTLETS IN DELTA STATE BUT OFCOURSE THEY HAVE OUTLETS, JUST ASK AROUND. . .
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 29, 2014
Thanks man
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 29, 2014
Pls how much do u think I will need to raise 150 birds fr 18weeks?
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by olufiz89: 7:47pm On Nov 29, 2014
I can supply processed broiler chicken for frozen food outlets. Call me on 08057241535 or whatsapp on 07069661034. Will add some pix later. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by olufiz89: 7:50pm On Nov 29, 2014
16 wks!!!!!? Dat's quite long ooo. What's ut target size?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by kay29000(m): 9:29am On Nov 30, 2014
Whoa! Your broilers look really clean and nice. I have done everything to make my own broilers look good, but they keep dying, and they look sick (except from some few). I am just frustrated right now. This is my first time. I keep going back there, and asking them what I should, and they keep prescribing me drugs, which I keep buying, but they keep dying.

I am thinking maybe it is the breed they sold to me. They didn't have much feathers at 4 weeks, but they assured me that they would grow the feathers well back. Right now, my friends just keep laughing at me, cos they discouraged me from going into the business. But I want to prove them wrong. Please, give me tips on what to do, or what medicine to give them to make them stay healthy.

Also, what is the size of your broilers right now...howmany KG do they attain when you are ready to sell them? Lastly, where can I buy really good Day Old Chicks when I am ready to start another round of chicks? I stay around Iyana Ipaja, but I can go anywhere for very good breeds. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by kay29000(m): 9:30am On Nov 30, 2014
apexquest:
I MAY NOT BE AN EXPERT BUT ASK ANY QUESTION ON BROILER PRODUCTION, I WILL ANSWER TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE...... FELLOW FARMERS SHOULD DROP THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS PLSSSSSS...

Whoa! Your broilers look really clean and nice. I have done everything to make my own broilers look good, but they keep dying, and they look sick (except from some few). I am just frustrated right now. This is my first time. I keep going back there, and asking them what I should, and they keep prescribing me drugs, which I keep buying, but they keep dying.

I am thinking maybe it is the breed they sold to me. They didn't have much feathers at 4 weeks, but they assured me that they would grow the feathers well back. Right now, my friends just keep laughing at me, cos they discouraged me from going into the business. But I want to prove them wrong. Please, give me tips on what to do, or what medicine to give them to make them stay healthy.

Also, what is the size of your broilers right now...howmany KG do they attain when you are ready to sell them? Lastly, where can I buy really good Day Old Chicks when I am ready to start another round of chicks? I stay around Iyana Ipaja, but I can go anywhere for very good breeds. Thanks.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 12:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
OlamiB:
Pls how much do u think I will need to raise 150 birds fr 18weeks?
BUDGET LIKE 300K ...
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 12:41pm On Dec 01, 2014
olufiz89:
16 wks!!!!!? Dat's quite long ooo. What's ut target size?
I TOLD U YOU, YOU COULD RAISE THEM FOR A LESSER TIME FRAME bUT u GO FEED Ooo
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 1:27pm On Dec 01, 2014
kay29000:

Its always like that at the beginning..I truly admire your courage. Breed is hardly the problem(4weeks no feather..that good news to me). I use Obansanjo Breed or terry Gee.So I tell u this truth..there are only two words I don'tjoke with...VACCINATION n HYGIENE.. if u miss them forget it. No amount of drugs can solve the problems that follows. So question number 1.. Did u vaccinate the birds at the right time.....2. How clean is ur farm(poultry house MUST be DRY) no wetness is allowed on the sawdust. 3. Is ur poultry house well ventilated(plenty fresh Air)??... Lemmi know

1 Like

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by kay29000(m): 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2014
apexquest:

Its always like that at the beginning..I truly admire your courage. Breed is hardly the problem(4weeks no feather..that good news to me). I use Obansanjo Breed or terry Gee.So I tell u this truth..there are only two words I don'tjoke with...VACCINATION n HYGIENE.. if u miss them forget it. No amount of drugs can solve the problems that follows. So question number 1.. Did u vaccinate the birds at the right time.....2. How clean is ur farm(poultry house MUST be DRY) no wetness is allowed on the sawdust. 3. Is ur poultry house well ventilated(plenty fresh Air)??... Lemmi know

Okay. Thanks for the response...let me answer the questions one by one. About vaccination, I bought them at 4 weeks and I heard they had passed vaccination stage. About keeping the pen/cage dry, I always keep to that.

2 Likes

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by kay29000(m): 4:32pm On Dec 01, 2014
apexquest:

About ventilation, yes, the place I kept their cage is well ventilated. It is inside a big garden on half plot, with lots of fresh air.

1 Like

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by kay29000(m): 4:34pm On Dec 01, 2014
apexquest:

Pls educate me about vaccination. Thank you very much for your time.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Adefola(m): 4:35pm On Dec 01, 2014
Hello people,
Thanks for this opportunity. I will be starting my farm by next year January but I'm between broiler production and egg production. Kindly advice me on which one to go for; considering the technicalities involve, capital requirement, payback period, profitability, market etc Thanks
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Tmex(m): 7:19am On Dec 02, 2014
kay29000:

can you pls scale or post a pictures of those birds for us all to compare it's sounding like the strain I hv bn lookiing for (less feathered strain).
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Tmex(m): 7:29am On Dec 02, 2014
Praktikals:
pls we are ok with the quantity of runt birds we already have all around what you are trying to do Is called inbreeding in genetics and there ll definitely be mutation as a result, pls save us the stress of coping with poor performance birds.

1 Like

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 12:16pm On Dec 02, 2014
Tmex:
pls we are ok with the quantity of runt birds we already have all around what you are trying to do Is called inbreeding in genetics and there ll definitely be mutation as a result, pls save us the stress of coping with poor performance birds.
LMAO.....SO WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND FOR HIM TO DO. SINCE HIM GET INTEREST
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Tmex(m): 12:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
He should follow the ideal process. He will need to import fertile eggs produced by a grand parent stock,take the eggs to hatchery to hatch them into parent stocks, these parent stocks will then be reared and subsequently the eggs produced then will be hatched into the normal chicks we see around or alternatively look for a grand parent stock farm around(if any) to get his parent stocks from.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 12:42pm On Dec 02, 2014
kay29000:

Pls educate me about vaccination. Thank you very much for your time.
ON THE VERY FIRST DAY THEY ARE GIVEN I.O VACCINATION THROUGH THEIR EYES AT THE POINT OF HATCHING, AT ABOUT 4 TO 5 DAYS I GIVE NEWCASTLE DISEASE VACCINE(LASOTA DRUG) ...THE SECOND WEEK I GIVE GUMBORO VACCINE, AT WEEK 3, I REPEAT THE LASOTA, WEEK FOUR I REPEAT THE GUMORO..... THATS WHEN THEY COME TO THE OPEN LIKE YOUR FARM. THEN I GIVE LASOTA ONCE EVERY MONTH.....
MIND YOU I KEEP GIVING THEM COCCIDIOSIS DRUG LIKE EVERY TWO OR THREE DAYS JUST TO PREVENT ITS OCCURRENCE. I USE PANTACOX DRUG FOR THAT.
IF YOU DO THIS, WITH LOTS OF FRESH AIR AND DRYNESS, TRUST ME U WILL NOT HAVE ISSUES. NEXT TIME ALWAYS REQUIRE FOR THE GENUINE VACCINATION THAT THE BIRDS RECEIVE BEFORE YOU BUY..... OR BETTER STILL MONITOR THEM FOR THAT FOUR WEEKS WHILE THEM STILL DEY WITH THE PERSON DOING THE BROODING..

2 Likes

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2014
Tmex:
He should follow the ideal process. He will need to import fertile eggs produced by a grand parent stock,take the eggs to hatchery to hatch them into parent stocks, these parent stocks will then be reared and subsequently the eggs produced then will be hatched into the normal chicks we see around or alternatively look for a grand parent stock farm around(if any) to get his parent stocks from.
THANKS.... YOU SEEM TO KNOW MUCH ABOUT GENETICS grin
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Tmex(m): 12:55pm On Dec 02, 2014
apexquest:

THANKS.... YOU SEEM TO KNOW MUCH ABOUT GENETICS grin
did little back in school
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 1:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
Adefola:
Hello people,
Thanks for this opportunity. I will be starting my farm by next year January but I'm between broiler production and egg production. Kindly advice me on which one to go for; considering the technicalities involve, capital requirement, payback period, profitability, market etc Thanks
THIS YOUR QUESTIO COMPLEX OOO...
1. AT THE SAME NUMBER OF BIRDS , BROILER IS MORE CAPITAL INTENSIVE.
2. YOU CAN RAISE BROILER FROM BEGINNING TO END IN FOUR MONTHS , THREE TIMES LIKE THAT FOR ONE YEAR. IT TAKE LAYERS 4 TO 5 MONTHS TO ALL START LAYING EGGS. THEY WILL LAY FOR A YEAR PLUS THEN START TO REDUCE, TILL U GO COME DEY VEX FOR THEM.I.E. APPROX. 2 YEARS.
3. KEY TO PROFITABILITY IS ; BROILER NEEDS GOOD MARKETING....LAYERS NEED PATIENCE PLUS A HIGH NUMBER OF BIRDS TO BE PROFITABLE.
4. BOTH OF THEM GO NEED YOU TO CONTINUE TO SURVEY AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE MARKET TO BE PROFITABLE.
NO SHORTCUT.... CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY grin grin grin
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Praktikals(m): 9:35pm On Dec 02, 2014
Tmex:
It would have been better if you just explain how to prevent inbreeding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

17 Health Benefits Of Ewe Akintola, CHROMOLAENA ODORATA / The Lizard We Killed Trying To Eat Our Eggs / What Fruit Could This Be?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.