Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) (49372 Views)

My 2,000 Broiler Production Cycle / Broiler Production(contract Farming) Scam Or Real / Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Tmex(m): 10:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
Praktikals:

It would have been better if you just explain how to prevent inbreeding.
that was what I just did nah, just that I answered your question first.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by utchlady: 1:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
@Apexquest pls can i get your contact, i want to start something and the person i was introduced to help me is the one disturbing me and i see that as fraudlent in the sense that i am supposed to be the one chasing him and not the other way round. My email is utchlady@yahoo.com.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 2:10pm On Dec 03, 2014
utchlady:
@Apexquest pls can i get your contact, i want to start something and the person i was introduced to help me is the one disturbing me and i see that as fraudlent in the sense that i am supposed to be the one chasing him and not the other way round. My email is utchlady@yahoo.com.
My number is 08060346648, I reside in Benin. Call to ask me any question anytime. I go answer you to the best of my knowledge.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 3:47pm On Dec 27, 2014
Birds now completely sold...... ROI Was 75%. . . I think it was worthwhile ..

2 Likes

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Juliana7: 4:49pm On Dec 27, 2014
Nice thread

1 Like

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Kutunban: 9:04pm On Dec 27, 2014
Tips to be a successful broiler farmer:
1)Source your day old chicks from reputable hatcheries: like Byang Amo, Obasanjo farms and some others.
2)Vaccination and drugs: some vaccines like mareks is administered by the producer so ensure that. Then get a vacc program table for disease in your area.
2) Hygiene: its a prerequisite so ensure it is kept always including biosecurity.
3)Nutrition: Don't starve your birds least you get GIGO and don't compromise quality feed or you will pay darely for it.
4)Marketing:Before production source for buyers I mean potential ones. Don't just venture because people say its profitable and market is large.
If you need help am a practicing farmer and an animal nutritionist so drop you questions and I will help for free

1 Like

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 28, 2014
Please ask your question here so that others can learn from it.

1 Like

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by kniceport1: 9:13pm On Dec 30, 2014
good day all,people after washing this chemical tank,how can i make it ready for stocking
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by lugado: 2:21am On Dec 31, 2014
pls how frequently do you change the sawdust for the ground
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by eddyspice(m): 1:54pm On Dec 31, 2014
@Kutunban thanks for your info. But I would like to know how much it will cost to raise let's say 100 broilers for the period of 16 weeks. Thanks.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2015
lugado:
pls how frequently do you change the sawdust for the ground
U can change as soon as its wet n smelling . . I do mine every 10 days...
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 8:57pm On Jan 01, 2015
eddyspice:
@Kutunban thanks for your info. But I would like to know how much it will cost to raise let's say 100 broilers for the period of 16 weeks. Thanks.
U should budget like 180k plus or minus 10k should do...
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 8:58pm On Jan 01, 2015
kniceport1:
good day all,people after washing this chemical tank,how can i make it ready for stocking
Which tank??
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by shefgodson: 11:02am On Jan 02, 2015
wat medication can i gv 5 wks broilers,is starter or finisher gud for dem
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 12:49pm On Jan 02, 2015
shefgodson:
wat medication can i gv 5 wks broilers,is starter or finisher gud for dem
Stater is good but its better to give finisher cos its good also n less expensive . .
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by yemmit90: 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2015
apexquest:
I MAY NOT BE AN EXPERT BUT ASK ANY QUESTION ON BROILER PRODUCTION, I WILL ANSWER TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE...... FELLOW FARMERS SHOULD DROP THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS PLSSSSSS...

Good job bro!

However, what do you think is a cure/prevention for (SDS) sudden death syndrome in broilers production?

Also, looking at the picture you attacked to this post,I believed you're doing this business in a large scale right, how do you manage to raise a broiler for good 16weeks? What is their average body weight at the end of 16 weeks? Do you sell them to the processor or direct to market?

1 Like

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 11:26am On Jan 22, 2015
yemmit90:

Good job bro!

However, what do you think is a cure/prevention for (SDS) sudden death syndrome in broilers production?

Also, looking at the picture you attacked to this post,I believed you're doing this business in a large scale right, how do you manage to raise a broiler for good 16weeks? What is their average body weight at the end of 16 weeks? Do you sell them to the processor or direct to market?
SERIOUSLY I DONT KNOW THE CURE TO SDS, BUT I KNOW U CAN PREVENT OR CONTROL IT BY LIMITING ACCESS TO FEED.
MY BIRDS WERE NOT UP TO 100, SO I GUESS I AM NOT A LARGE SCALE FARMER. I RAISE FOR 15 T0 16 WEEKS AND SELL TO THE MARKET MOSTLY DURING FESTIVE SEASONS.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Mmayor(m): 3:16pm On Jan 22, 2015
I have great interest in agriculture. I have been following lots of threads on agriculture and to say I have learnt a lot is putting it mildly. I started a mini poultry with 30birds( I know its very small) but I learnt a lot! out of 30, just 2 died before fully grown. I ate and sold the rest. I didn't start with day olds, I bought at 3 weeks old. if you have no practical knowledge, it's better you start small and build from there. you can also buy 2-3weeks old, they a lot less fragile than the day olds.

1 Like

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by zubbyonu(m): 1:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
apexquest:
I MAY NOT BE AN EXPERT BUT ASK ANY QUESTION ON BROILER PRODUCTION, I WILL ANSWER TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE...... FELLOW FARMERS SHOULD DROP THEIR CONTRIBUTIONS PLSSSSSS...
NICE ONE.PLS HOW MANY KG WILL A BIRD EAT IN A DAY TO EIGHT WEEKS. THANKS
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by akoma28: 3:52pm On Jan 23, 2015
bros, please how many bags of feed can take 250 beds for six weeks? Theni i need to know the amount of drugs you can get for them for this period. Finally, all things being equal, how much profit can u make out of 250 beds after selling them off for a period of 6 weeks. Expecting your reply. It is really urgent. You can mail me on dprofy_14@yahoo.com
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by yemmit90: 6:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
apexquest:

SERIOUSLY I DONT KNOW THE CURE TO SDS, BUT I KNOW U CAN PREVENT OR CONTROL IT BY LIMITING ACCESS TO FEED.
MY BIRDS WERE NOT UP TO 100, SO I GUESS I AM NOT A LARGE SCALE FARMER. I RAISE FOR 15 T0 16 WEEKS AND SELL TO THE MARKET MOSTLY DURING FESTIVE SEASONS.

Yes, that is the only way you can control the situation. We lost over 300 birds to this syndrome last year, it was a terrible experience.

Besides,your birds looks very neat and healthy.

2 Likes

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by yemmit90: 6:23pm On Jan 23, 2015
akoma28:
bros, please how many bags of feed can take 250 beds for six weeks? Theni i need to know the amount of drugs you can get for them for this period. Finally, all things being equal, how much profit can u make out of 250 beds after selling them off for a period of 6 weeks. Expecting your reply. It is really urgent. You can mail me on dprofy_14@yahoo.com

You will definitely needs 37bags of 25kg of feed for that period. 8k worth of drugs or less should be enough.

Your profit depends on prize you're able to sell them or who you sell them to. For instant,you make more than 100% profit by selling it directly to consumers during festive period. You make less profit by selling it to the processors.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by zubbyonu(m): 3:47pm On Jan 26, 2015
Kutunban:
1)Source your day old chicks from reputable hatcheries: like Byang Amo, Obasanjo farms and some others.
2)Vaccination and drugs: some vaccines like mareks is administered by the producer so ensure that. Then get a vacc program table for disease in your area.
2) Hygiene: its a prerequisite so ensure it is kept always including biosecurity.
3)Nutrition: Don't starve your birds least you get GIGO and don't compromise quality feed or you will pay darely for it.
4)Marketing:Before production source for buyers I mean potential ones. Don't just venture because people say its profitable and market is large.
If you need help am a practicing farmer and an animal nutritionist so drop you questions and I will help for free
PLS HIW MANY GRAM OF FEED WILL A BIRD EAT FROM DAY OLD TO EIGHT WEEKS. THANKS
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Globaby01: 8:01pm On Feb 02, 2015
Kutunban:
please I was told that when I bought obasanjo doc today that they are not given io vaccine. my io vaccine is congeal, do I add water to it or it will turn watery after some time when not refrigerated? please answer urgently and I was also told that its administered through the chicken's eye
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by otunbadan(m): 12:33pm On Feb 03, 2015
zubbyonu:
PLS HIW MANY GRAM OF FEED WILL A BIRD EAT FROM DAY OLD TO EIGHT WEEKS. THANKS

About 5.6Kg, but it's the quality that matters.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by kevin96(m): 4:54pm On Feb 04, 2015
Globaby01:

please I was told that when I bought obasanjo doc today that they are not given io vaccine. my io vaccine is congeal, do I add water to it or it will turn watery after some time when not refrigerated? please answer urgently and I was also told that its administered through the chicken's eye
[right][/right]

Pls don't take the risk if u VE not done it b4....get a vet doctor
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by kevin96(m): 5:49pm On Feb 04, 2015
my 4 weeks broilers

4 Likes

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Andylevel: 6:15pm On Feb 04, 2015
You are doing a nice job, like your thread. Please I need links to Broiler and Cockerel buyers as am new starter. I stay in Ogun state, thanks.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Mascotlawman: 3:49pm On Feb 09, 2015
thanks for ur knowledge and readiness to help others. All I want to say is that u should outline ur vaccination process very clear. So that a common man will understand it. Till maturity.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 7:55pm On Feb 10, 2015
Mascotlawman:
thanks for ur knowledge and readiness to help others. All I want to say is that u should outline ur vaccination process very clear. So that a common man will understand it. Till maturity.
Day 1: I.O vaccine through the eye
Day 3: Newcastle vaccine(lasota type)
Day 6: Gumboro vaccine
Day 13: Newcastle
Day 20: Gumborro
Make sure u have a coccidiostat handy, I give it to them every 2 days from day 1 ...
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Tmex(m): 8:44pm On Feb 10, 2015
kevin96:
my 4 weeks broilers
pls where is the source of ds birds?
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by kevin96(m): 9:12pm On Feb 10, 2015
Tmex:
pls where is the source of ds birds?

Zartech farms

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Fruit Could This Be? / 17 Health Benefits Of Ewe Akintola, CHROMOLAENA ODORATA / Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.