Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) (49364 Views)

My 2,000 Broiler Production Cycle / Broiler Production(contract Farming) Scam Or Real / Practical Broiler Production, A Step By Step Tutorial With Pictures 150 birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 10:05am On Oct 29, 2015
Broiler:

Impressive. They look healthy and big.
Mine is 7 weeks but not as big as yours. Can you recommend any supplement to boost their fcr?
I'll really appreciate
I can't even meet up with their feeding n u talking about supplement. .. Guy feed them well morning afternoon and evening with small quantity of vitalyte every 2 to 3 days, make u see result.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 10:17am On Oct 29, 2015
phoenixfx:

Thanks Apexquest for your prompt response. Vaccination: given day 8 and 18 for Gumboro and day 13 and 22 for lasota. Method of vaccination: I use one quarter of water consumed in a day divided into all water drinkers and added the vaccine (required dose equal to the number of birds). Water is chlorine free and the drinkers not washed with any disinfectant a day prior to vaccination. I also use koksidex as Anti-cocci (contains Amprolium and Sulfaquinoxaline). Like I said b4, they all seem to do very well till towards the fourth week then there is an abrupt drop in their appetite, then shrinkage especially their feet getting dried up and often immobility or paralysis. No neck twisting which could be a sign of Newcastle disease. Will upload pictures asap. Treatment during this period was Amoxitin+Dramacine forte, also used typhoid care but symptoms persist with high mortality. However, I have been having some suggestions from other farmers like using Kenflox (Enrofloxacin), Attack (Herbal drug), Bowel flushing of the birds using Epsom salt, treating for typhoid before full blown symptoms appears as in my case, etc. Pls I need the gurus in the house to confirm above suggestions. Secondly, can a detailed weekly drug schedule be suggested especially one that will not only prevent a reoccurrence of the disease but also reduce the number of runts in the stock. Thanks in anticipation.
I suggest you try those suggestion given. And pls next time u want to start a new stock pls sufficiently disinfect the house with good disinfectant..
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
please sir, which is the best way to give drugs to broilers/layers birds:

1. give them medicated what for half a day, and then plain water for the other half. e.g i give them medicated water in the morning till evening, then clean water from evening till morning or the other way round.

2. give them medicated water ad-libitum for the entire course of the treatment. e.g medicated water non-stop for 5 days.

i use procedure #1, but i dont know whether it is right. PLEASE I NEED ADVICE thanks.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 12:37pm On Nov 16, 2015
crotonite:

1. give them medicated what for half a day, and then plain water for the other half. e.g i give them medicated water in the morning till evening, then clean water from evening till morning or the other way round.

2. give them medicated water ad-libitum for the entire course of the treatment. e.g medicated water non-stop for 5 days.

i use procedure #1, but i dont know whether it is right. PLEASE I NEED ADVICE thanks.
i don't give medicated water ad lib ... i only put medicine in their water in the morning... when the water finishes, i replace with clean water even if i am treating them for 2 or 3 days.

1 Like

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by peacemaranatha(m): 10:15pm On Nov 16, 2015
pls I need advice. my broilers are 9wks old and are really doing well. not so long, I noticed their comb is bending and some have already bended. on the comb was a black spot not so much though and I notice this thing is spreading among the broiler pls is this infection? what is the solution?

secondly, I was asked to give the broilers blood tonic pls I don't know any. and what is the function of the tonic? undecidedpls I need advice. my broilers are 9wks old and are really doing well. not so long, I noticed their comb is bending and some have already bended. on the comb was a black spot not so much though and I notice this thing is spreading among the broiler pls is this infection? what is the solution?

secondly, I was asked to give the broilers blood tonic pls I don't know any. and what is the function of the tonic?
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 17, 2015
apexquest:

i don't give medicated water ad lib ... i only put medicine in their water in the morning... when the water finishes, i replace with clean water even if i am treating them for 2 or 3 days.

ok.

please how many tea spoons of drugs (e.g keproceryl) do you add to a big drinkers -12ltrs. my local drug retailer says its three full tea spoons. pls, aint that too much?
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 2:54pm On Nov 18, 2015
crotonite:

ok.

please how many tea spoons of drugs (e.g keproceryl) do you add to a big drinkers -12ltrs. my local drug retailer says its three full tea spoons. pls, aint that too much?
mixing dosage is written on the drug pack... if it is for preventive measure, one tea spoon is enough.

1 Like

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2015
@op

meet my pets, they are exactly 7weeks/2days when i took this pic. smiley

1 Like

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by tosinekp: 7:15pm On Nov 20, 2015
I love this house so educating. please I have 10 wks broilers starter dieing of late. have greenish stool some whitish. some die with there legs up even without any form of sickness. I game dem 2 lasota n gumboro. have been treating them with embercyril antibiotics and emberzy fort anticocci. Pls advice on what I shud do Cos it really frustrating.

urgently need advice.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 12:19pm On Nov 21, 2015
tosinekp

At week 8 , I gave my birds the third lasota. I think urs is due for that also. Vaccinate all the unsick ones.
Don't stop the medications except a day to the lasota.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Nobody: 7:40pm On Nov 21, 2015
tosinekp:
I love this house so educating. please I have 10 wks broilers starter dieing of late. have greenish stool some whitish. some die with there legs up even without any form of sickness. I game dem 2 lasota n gumboro. have been treating them with embercyril antibiotics and emberzy fort anticocci. Pls advice on what I shud do Cos it really frustrating.

urgently need advice.

try 'vira-forte and royal-solution'. it worked for me.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by tosinekp: 9:52pm On Nov 21, 2015
what are they? antibiotics or anticocci?
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 22, 2015
tosinekp:
what are they? antibiotics or anticocci?

royal-solution is antiviral, while virafort is anti-biotic.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
My birds are presently battling with pox. .
I have given them 'poxcid + amoxycol...
I know they will bounce back in few days...

In other news...
This is the period when we poultry farmers produce broiler chicken for Xmas n new year.. This thread has helped a lot of farmers, yet it won't make front page ..
Smh.. .......
Cc: Pavore9, FarmTech

1 Like

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Lanria: 8:43pm On Nov 25, 2015
Helo pls i just noticed that one of my broilers is passing bloody stool one is nt active n dey ve been on tylocure and gunborin for d past 3 days pls wot else cn i use
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by tataiwo09(m): 10:25pm On Nov 25, 2015
pleas help friends, out of my 50 brokers now, 5 have died....I've used diff drugs on dem any time one is faced with der usual problem dt did killed dem....I used amprocillin, tylodox, etc
d symptoms are: wrecked legs, dey would not move again, napping and slumbering, dull, not eating well and not drinking....d 5th one died today.....but presently no one has a problem
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 8:06pm On Nov 26, 2015
Lanria:
Helo pls i just noticed that one of my broilers is passing bloody stool one is nt active n dey ve been on tylocure and gunborin for d past 3 days pls wot else cn i use

A blood stained stool is usually related to coccidiosis. Give them some pantacox or embacyl forte.. It will stop.

1 Like

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Lanria: 7:44am On Nov 27, 2015
apexquest:

A blood stained stool is usually related to coccidiosis. Give them some pantacox or embacyl forte.. It will stop.
Thanks i tried coccocido forth op dat's ok
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by odeguaomon(f): 10:53am On Nov 27, 2015
Thanks to everyone here just want to share pic of my 15 backyard broiler practice.l brought them at 4 weeks and has stay 6 weeks today in my cage.only one that broke his hand has fall sick and his getter better.once again thanks to everyone here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 7:39pm On Nov 27, 2015
Lanria:

Thanks i tried coccocido forth op dat's ok
Should be OK..but I haven't used it b4. I use embazyl forte or pantacox...
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 28, 2015
apexquest:
My birds are presently battling with pox. .
I have given them 'poxcid + amoxycol...
I know they will bounce back in few days...

In other news...
This is the period when we poultry farmers produce broiler chicken for Xmas n new year.. This thread has helped a lot of farmers, yet it won't make front page ..
Smh.. .......
Cc: Pavore9, FarmTech

pls sir, do you market ur birds urself? and pls can you esstimate how much 12wks broilers sell for?
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by FarmTech(m): 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2015
crotonite:

Read manufacturers instructn. Most drugs I've come across will say adlib.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by FarmTech(m): 9:00pm On Nov 28, 2015
tataiwo09:
pleas help friends, out of my 50 brokers now, 5 have died....I've used diff drugs on dem any time one is faced with der usual problem dt did killed dem....I used amprocillin, tylodox, etc
d symptoms are: wrecked legs, dey would not move again, napping and slumbering, dull, not eating well and not drinking....d 5th one died today.....but presently no one has a problem
Hw old?
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by FarmTech(m): 9:05pm On Nov 28, 2015
crotonite:

ok.

I'll advice u by a 100g spring balance for not more than N500. That's what I use rather than assuming and probably over- and under-dosing with teaspoons.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by FarmTech(m): 10:30pm On Nov 28, 2015
peacemaranatha:
pls I need advice. my broilers are 9wks old and are really doing well. not so long, I noticed their comb is bending and some have already bended. on the comb was a black spot not so much though and I notice this thing is spreading among the broiler pls is this infection? what is the solution?

secondly, I was asked to give the broilers blood tonic pls I don't know any. and what is the function of the tonic? undecidedpls I need advice. my broilers are 9wks old and are really doing well. not so long, I noticed their comb is bending and some have already bended. on the comb was a black spot not so much though and I notice this thing is spreading among the broiler pls is this infection? what is the solution?

secondly, I was asked to give the broilers blood tonic pls I don't know any. and what is the function of the tonic?
Is it fowlpox? Google up some images to confirm. If so and if it is not serious u can leave it or give neoceryl.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by tuk2ato(m): 4:59am On Nov 29, 2015
I have a small challenge on my farm, the well water got dried up due to harmattan, but there is a river close by. Can i make use of the river? If no, how can i purify the river water in order to be suitable for my broilers to drink?
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 29, 2015
FarmTech:

i know, but adlib makes them drink less water. thereby retarding thier growth -in severe cases DEATH.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 5:01pm On Nov 29, 2015
FarmTech:

Giving birds drugs for days AdLib will result in over drugging your birds IMO.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 5:04pm On Nov 29, 2015
crotonite:

pls sir, do you market ur birds urself? and pls can you esstimate how much 12wks broilers sell for?
Yes I do....the cost of a bird depend mostly on its size/weight..
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by ababale(m): 10:03pm On Nov 29, 2015
I really love this thread, it has been very informative.

I have broilers for sale in Jos( aaround 9 weeks), at give-away price. You can contact me on 08053427572. Thank you
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by apexquest(m): 11:21am On Dec 02, 2015
My birds have not fully recovered from their pox infection but they are due for their monthly lasota now.. What do I do Should I suspend their treatment for now n vaccinate them or wait for it to completely dry up.
Re: Feeding Questions On Broiler Production..Lets Share Knowledge(pictures incl..) by peacemaranatha(m): 8:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
FarmTech:

Is it fowlpox? Google up some images to confirm. If so and if it is not serious u can leave it or give neoceryl.

okay thanks sir. but the comb just bend with tiny spot put the dark spots was not on there faces. I was told its fowl pox and was asked to use solution A with antibiotics and I used terracing. I was later recommended iodoceryl which am yet to administer. are they the same iodo and neo?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Fruit Could This Be? / 17 Health Benefits Of Ewe Akintola, CHROMOLAENA ODORATA / Big Puff Adder Killed Where I Was Clearing Land For Cultivation (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.