Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,574 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn (48403 Views)

Environment Ministry Terminates N9.2bn Clean Cook Stove Contract / FG Begins Distribution Of N5bn Clean Cooking Stoves: Leadership News / Fg To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2mn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by nedu2000(m): 5:04am On Nov 27, 2014
let them import & redistribute pre-paid meters first,NEPA's bills r crazy,I've been waiting for 5 months now,forget stove

2 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Cholison(m): 5:09am On Nov 27, 2014
Money to settle the foot soldiers on election matters.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by dannewlife(m): 5:17am On Nov 27, 2014
I now understand what they mean when people describe this administration as CLUELESS !

9 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by IdomaLikita: 5:38am On Nov 27, 2014
If the money had been spent to obtain a Production Licence from the Parent Company for Production in Nigeria, it would have made a little sense!

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by cannonnier(m): 5:40am On Nov 27, 2014
horpe132:
.....WHEN THE HEAD IS ROTTEN.......

Nigeria Economy is in Trouble................But sheybi they said Okonjo Iwela has PHD in Econs,,,,,,,,Can't she advise the FG that that Stove will/can never be well maintained by the target population................& that importation of everything is not good for us especially now d@ the dollar is murdering the Naira .........Those Stove are gona be imported From South Africa & Assembled here..........................When did FG start sharing STOVE ?......What happened to making our GAS affordable and accessible to those in the rural areas ?.................................Must we import ?.......Must we waste money ??..........Now how will those in the rural areas maintain this new technology when its even hard 4 them to maintain the conventional kerosene stove...................FG needs Deliverance !!!!

It is a strategic campaign move. The stoves will be use to buy vote. angry

6 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by darlenese(f): 5:40am On Nov 27, 2014
horpe132:
.....WHEN THE HEAD IS ROTTEN.......

Nigeria Economy is in Trouble................But

Na APC send u shey embarassed

sheybi they said Okonjo Iwela has PHD in Econs,,,,,,,,Can't she advise the FG that that Stove will/can never be well maintained by the target population................& that importation of everything is not good for us especially now d@ the dollar is murdering the Naira .........Those Stove are gona be imported From South Africa & Assembled here..........................When did FG start sharing STOVE ?......What happened to making our GAS affordable and accessible to those in the rural areas ?.................................Must we import ?.......Must we waste money ??..........Now how will those in the rural areas maintain this new technology when its even hard 4 them to maintain the conventional kerosene stove...................FG needs Deliverance !!!!
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Dahkogrin007(m): 5:50am On Nov 27, 2014
transformation agenda ryt

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by LajaLaba: 5:57am On Nov 27, 2014
This is crazy!
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Nobody: 5:58am On Nov 27, 2014
Bunch of perpetualy rhe-tarded kleptos! Lookin 4 rural votes @ 11th hour abi?...continue

6 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by pekeyim: 6:00am On Nov 27, 2014
This is a negative development,
Firstly it's so glaring that it's just a means to siphon some few billions of naira.

How did they arrive @ that number of Women in the first place?

How can a responsible Government be importing House hold items for Her citizens that's environmentally friendly apparently but we are still flaring till date?.

What's Messr's technical know how to be awarded such contract In this area in the first Place?

Who owns Kakatar (Mangrove Tech)

Oga and Madam @ the top, This one has your finger prints all over it.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by jojoki: 6:02am On Nov 27, 2014
This ideal of importing the YEYE stove from SA when our Naira devalued is a total madness, moreso our Polytechnics and companies Should have been given a chance to come up with something good. When is Nigeria going to wake up from sleep to know that only when we produce things locally for us to attain greatness.
#powermustchange

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by onatisi(m): 6:06am On Nov 27, 2014
This post heading is misleading and I don't know why some people seek happiness in making nigerians sad. This project is a local one ,a contract for the production of solar cooking stoves for nigerians . this stoves won't be using gas or kerosine but solar which means cheaper cooking options for nigerians and the contract was awarded to a local nigerian company. Now that govt is taking a front seat in the renewable energy stuff it will open nigerians to the countless oppourtunity in the solar business. If a nigerian business man imports these stoves in from china and sells to nigerians at a high cost I know nigerians will happily buy it without complains but now that the fg wants ppl to produce in nigeria ,people are complaining

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by anonimi: 6:07am On Nov 27, 2014
I hope this story is not true as it is wrong on so many levels.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Burger01(m): 6:11am On Nov 27, 2014
I'm tired of this government.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Youngzedd(m): 6:15am On Nov 27, 2014
wazoboy:
9.2bn naira to import something and naira has just been devalued! why cant they commision an understudy of that project and see how we can produce it locally, of course with improvement and collaboration of the inventor!

This is to show you how clueless all of them there are.

I wonder if they think through their stomach.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by mamajohn(f): 6:17am On Nov 27, 2014
I am amazed nobody is reading through GEJ's deceit. Its another way of ferrying N9.2bn to South Africa without being caught by the Pretoria's authority this time around. Remember the embarrassment the last one brought his government and Ayo Oritsejafor who released his private jet to aid and abet the high wire criminality. GEJ has taken lootocracy to a new intercontinental height. Anyway, GEJ must go back home come May 29, 2015.

6 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Youngzedd(m): 6:18am On Nov 27, 2014
aze:
Campaign mobilisation at the grassroot level is now on.

Mediocrity now celebrated in Nigeria with official approval.

I see clear now.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by braine(m): 6:19am On Nov 27, 2014
onatisi:
This post heading is misleading and I don't know why some people seek happiness in making nigerians sad. This project is a local one ,a contract for the production of solar cooking stoves for nigerians . this stoves won't be using gas or kerosine but solar which means cheaper cooking options for nigerians and the contract was awarded to a local nigerian company. Now that govt is taking a front seat in the renewable energy stuff it will open nigerians to the countless oppourtunity in the solar business. If a nigerian business man imports these stoves in from china and sells to nigerians at a high cost I know nigerians will happily buy it without complains but now that the fg wants ppl to produce in nigeria ,people are complaining

Reread the crap you just wrote. angry

15 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by akpumping7720(m): 6:19am On Nov 27, 2014
Why import dis kind of product again? When we have indigenous firms here or individuals that can develop this. D wonderbags will contain what?

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by braine(m): 6:20am On Nov 27, 2014
Jonathan should be impeached already. I'm not waiting till February anymore.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Omooba77: 6:21am On Nov 27, 2014
Ovamboland:
Countless stove and efficient cooking methods has been prototype by numerous indigenous companies, Addis Engineering, Techo-Quip, Advance -Tech and countless Nigerian fabricators and so many similar projects in polytechnics and universities.
Yet this clueless government will splash 9bn Naira to enrich the South African economy and leave our own designers, fabicators, and craftmen unappreciated.
What is in a stove? you can call a design contest by giving out specifications e.g design a stove that will use 50% less fuel ans produce 40% more heat and give out 95% less smoke. Same way US government will give specifications to it's defense contractors like produce fither planes that can active 100,000 Ft ceiling, top speed of mach 5 and range of 3000 miles while consuming 30% less fuel.

We know it is campaign material for PDP paid for by the FG, but is it too much to make it count? Call like 10 fabricator firms, attach a proffessor and researchers to each firm, give them matching grant of like 10 million naira, and 6 months time and see the wonder that will be produced plus the knowledge and know-how that will be resident in-country. The best 1 or 2 designs will then be standard specification to be masses produced by fabricators all over the country.That knowledge spurned by foresight will be available to develop other simple devices.
We keep displaying the fact that we are clueless people and are not hungry for development. I am sure even Ghana or Benin Republic will not throw away it's money like that.

Then 18000 wonder bags?! are we real ?

He said the stoves are expected to be delivered by Messrs Integra Renewable Energy Services Limited within a period of 12 weeks.He noted that the stoves which will be assembled locally, will provide jobs to Nigerians among other benefits.The minister said........I hope you read that part,please stop spreading falsehood

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by otokx(m): 6:21am On Nov 27, 2014
Many spurious contracts will be awarded in this pre election period.

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by moonraker(m): 6:21am On Nov 27, 2014
onatisi:

Lets agree to disagree.

Who owns this local company?? I have never heard about them before..

If you ask me, i will tell you that this is only a front for looting.

9.2billion?? huhh (in rick ross voice) Someone or some people are going to have a very merry christmas.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by grandstar(m): 6:23am On Nov 27, 2014
great strategy. they should start first with the north. most importantly local artisans should learn to make it. some people don hammer. 9b and 69.2b contract! my brothers it isnt easy you know!
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by raayah(f): 6:27am On Nov 27, 2014
adozie:
Nigerian government clearly doesn't know what to do with money. What is this trash? How will this affect the common man? How is this sustainable
We have gas right?...being flared and wasted every day.
Why can't government invest in efficient use of gas in Nigeria.
I bet if they set up a national competition for engineering students with just N1 million prize money to come up with a more efficient way to use gas in Nigeria for cooking, am sure you will be surprised by the outcome.
Despite the dwindling crude oil income, this government is still wasting money on stupidity. Who is advising these people?
Oh well, it's just another way to steal money. Shame on all of us the citizens of this country to watch these looters destroy our future

Oga , you are Funny oh.
Where are the Refineries that are Producing the Gas to Flare

This country has too many problems.
I don't mind if they give us gas cookers each, Let us chop small from the national cake too.

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by DOD1: 6:28am On Nov 27, 2014
sammieguze:
So wake me up when this is over..... Am wiser though.

Assuming both stove and wonder pack costs the same, cost of production per unit is 9200000000/768000=11979. Approx 12,000.

Now i wonder what a barely literate rural woman wants with such a stove when some could barely even afford a meal.

Anyway... People like my grandmother will catalogue it is her antique wardrobe for her grandsons yet unborn.

And again, i wonder whats rocket science in stove development that design can't be given to undergraduates while development outsourced to local fabricators.

Anyway, A leopard doesn't shed its spots.

Once clueless, always clueless until Jesus comes back again.

ur head dey there

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by condralbede(m): 6:30am On Nov 27, 2014
donmalcolm21:
M
M is for Malcolm grin grin
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by onatisi(m): 6:30am On Nov 27, 2014
moonraker:

Lets agree to disagree.

Who owns this local company?? I have never heard about them before..

If you ask me, i will tell you that this is only a front for looting.

9.2billion?? huhh (in rick ross voice) Someone or some people are going to have a very merry christmas.
yes I agree with u on this one,this was a wrong move at a wrong time. The fg could have instead given an indigenous company a tax waiver and other incentives to produce these stoves.I was initially looking at the concept idea of renewable energy introduction into nigeria .and for the contract award coming very close to elections will really draw a lot of criticisms and suspicions
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 27, 2014
I dont even know what to say. Buh one thing i know is this GEJ administration really knows how to brainwash and confuse 80% of Nigerians perfectly. Invest the money in Nigeria Entreprenuer and see the wonders of intelligent and brilliants lads we have in this country. We depend on Importation in this country too much and it's a perfect way of looting. Whether the money is being used for a positive or negative project.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by DAIL(m): 6:31am On Nov 27, 2014
Pple are looking for wat they will eat, and u are buying stove for them....i hail u, u sabi think it show how small ur brain has bcom

2 Likes

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by jerryjere(m): 6:33am On Nov 27, 2014
Omooba77:
The Federal Executive Council on Wednesday approved the purchase of N9.2billion worth of clean cook stoves and wonder bags for rural women under the National Clean Cooking Scheme.

Wonder bag is a non-electric slow cooker invented by Sarah Collins, ‎a south African eco-entreprenuer, who came up with the idea six years ago during a power cut, when she decided to keep her dinner cooking by surrounding the pan with cushions.

The council also awarded a contract of N60.9billion to an indigenous firm, KaKatar CE Limited, for the provision of engineering infrastructure for Kyami District, Zone C, Abuja.

Supervising Minister of Information, Dr. Nurudeen Muhammed; Minister of Environment, Mrs. Lawrecia Mallam; and Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Senator Bala Muhammed, briefed State House correspondents at the end of the meeting presided over by Vice President Namadi Sambo.
9.2b for stove and naira has been devalued what a shame.
Muhammed said the N9.2billion inclusive of Value Added Tax was approved for the procurement of 750,000 units of clean cook stove and 18,000 wonder bags.

He said the stoves are expected to be delivered by Messrs Integra Renewable Energy Services Limited within a period of 12 weeks.

He noted that the stoves which will be assembled locally, will provide jobs to Nigerians among other benefits.

The minister said, “The National Clean Cooking Scheme is an aggressive drive to engender clean cooking culture amongst the poor rural women, to reduce and possibly eliminate cooking with solid fossil which is detrimental to health.

“The scheme is expected to provide 20 million clean stoves over a five-year period at the rate of four million stoves yearly which will be distributed without charge.

“It will also reduce incessant felling of trees which exposes the country to ecological problems.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-to-buy-cooking-stoves-with-n9-2bn/
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by TDstarr: 6:34am On Nov 27, 2014
i cry for this country 9billlion for stove, who complain say e want stove, dat money is for election ......just waiting till i Bleep out of here

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Picture Of Rotimi Amaechi Dancing Shoki In Church- (PICS) / Fayose Joins To Fight Petrol Tanker Fire In Ekiti (photos) / Hameed Ibrahim Ali: 7 Things You Should Know About The New Customs Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.