Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn (48357 Views)

Environment Ministry Terminates N9.2bn Clean Cook Stove Contract / FG Begins Distribution Of N5bn Clean Cooking Stoves: Leadership News / Fg To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2mn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by IBROHIM: 7:48am On Nov 27, 2014
jamace:
Haba OP, your choice of topic has anti-Govt tone. Maybe you think stove na stove after all. grin But know that this stove is a special one, highly environmental friendly.
can't you just read without looking for who/what is anti govt? Hab chief how much they pay you to ruin Nigeria?
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by ypzilanti: 7:51am On Nov 27, 2014
[quote author=Billyonaire post=28382278]. This is capital flight and Nigeria does need this in the present days of low price of oil.

I just believe this project is chauvinistic, wasteful and totally "Duōcǐyījǔ"[/quote

Did someone hack your account? Or you just woke from sleep to realize that this government does not give a " f#ck".

Remember first act as acting president was to buy a new jet to the 10 preexisting ones. Then the imported dustbin contract? That was when I knew the guy was " one of them" awon boys. But people kept believing he was waiting to be full president to make changes. Now some say he is waiting for second term. I dey laugh. I say he is waiting for after second term ( God forbid) and retirement like Obj. Then he can talk change without any power to do anything.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by OLADD: 7:52am On Nov 27, 2014
hamedade2000:
i'm very sorry, i'm not a violent person buh I jez av to abuse u. Ur comment n mostly likely u r silly. U wrote gud English but it came out lyk an illiterate was speaking. Assemble z miles different form producing. Donation of renewable energy stove to women who can't afford a cup of garri, I guess dey wld be boiling dia bathing water wif d stove wen it's cold. Dat shdnt be priority now n I guess dat z part of d austerity measures dey were screaming abt last week. A broke country shdnt be thinking of spending so much on somefin so trivial. Nigeria has loads of pressing matter to deal wif, nobody wld die tomorrow if dey don't get dis stoves but pple are dying everyday in d hospitals cos of poor infrastructures, under 5 children r dying from malaria n malnourishment, university graduates r jobless, boko haram killing innocents lyk catfish. So sharing of stoves z d best dey can do at dis very moment n it cldnt wait till wen things r a little better. Wat Clueless, Lost, Sick government we av. #GejOut
[color=#006600][/color]

Nonsense. Absolute bunkum. How many of your extended family members use cooking gas? If in the wisdom of this govt efforts are geared toward making life easier for rural women, how does that become a pain in your ass? And you said Nigerian women cannot afford a cup of garri, you are an incurable liar! Agreed there's poverty in the land, has it degenerated to the tinted picture you just painted? This stove project is laudable and should be commended.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Davd52(m): 7:53am On Nov 27, 2014
Tifi Tifi datz all making sure APC failz grin wit our moni hian cool

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by dsamedaniels(m): 7:54am On Nov 27, 2014
I will appreciate it if I'l be nominated among the stove sharing committee, who knows everything in nigeria politics has committee!
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Superstar007(m): 7:56am On Nov 27, 2014
FG and misplaced priorities. Is this what we really need right now?
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by lekzzydo(m): 7:56am On Nov 27, 2014
Wait o, it's like you are not seeing what I'm seeing o

Why SouthAfrica all the time

The FG collaboration with SA is one in town. Improving SA economy and leave ours in a shambles state.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by InglishTeechar(m): 7:57am On Nov 27, 2014
horpe132:
.....WHEN THE HEAD IS ROTTEN.......

Nigeria Economy is in Trouble................But sheybi they said Okonjo Iwela has PHD in Econs,,,,,,,,Can't she advise the FG that that Stove will/can never be well maintained by the target population................& that importation of everything is not good for us especially now d@ the dollar is murdering the Naira .........Those Stove are gona be imported From South Africa & Assembled here..........................When did FG start sharing STOVE ?......What happened to making our GAS affordable and accessible to those in the rural areas ?.................................Must we import ?.......Must we waste money ??..........Now how will those in the rural areas maintain this new technology when its even hard 4 them to maintain the conventional kerosene stove...................FG needs Deliverance !!!!

It is not the federal governnent that need deliverance it is you and the idiotic youths of this country that need deliverance. Now it is a south african that is using their God given brain to invent stoves for us while the youth of this country will sit down at home and complain about everything. What is wrong with you people, cant you use your brain to think positively and get yourselves out of poverty?

sometimes i wonder what positive thing the youth of this country is doing to help the situation of this country. The only thing they are good at is to make complaining a full time job. Idiots.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by EbuGeneral(m): 7:58am On Nov 27, 2014
very soon this administration will import sanitary pads. GMB my vote for you
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by InglishTeechar(m): 7:59am On Nov 27, 2014
lekzzydo:
Wait o, it's like you are not seeing what I'm seeing o

Why SouthAfrica all the time

The FG collaboration with SA is one in town. Improving SA economy and leave ours in a shambles state.

It is not the federal governnent that need deliverance it is you and the idiotic youths of this country that need deliverance. Now it is a south african that is using their God given brain to invent stoves for us while the youth of this country will sit down at home and complain about everything. What is wrong with you people, cant you use your brain to think positively and get yourselves out of poverty?

sometimes i wonder what positive thing the youth of this country is doing to help the situation of this country. The only thing they are good at is to make complaining a full time job. Idiots.

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by InglishTeechar(m): 7:59am On Nov 27, 2014
Superstar007:
FG and misplaced priorities. Is this what we really need right now?

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by OLADD: 7:59am On Nov 27, 2014
otunbakolawole:
In your myopic view, assembling the stove would create how many jobs for how many skilled and unskilled workers? If the government has its thinking cap on, it would know that there are indigenous firms using the clean technology already, some were even supported by some Government agencies. Google (kike cook stove) see for yourself. There are others. This contract is just one of the numerous selfish contracts to settle cronies.

[color=#006600][/color]

Mr.too-know, I advise you save your disillusioned brain for national survey to establish number of Nigerians who stand to benefit from the project when it fully takes off. You can also hit National Bureau of Statistics as a shorter route.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by InglishTeechar(m): 8:01am On Nov 27, 2014
omenka:
Even in the face of dwindling revenues, this government just can't put an end to its squandermania. Stoves for 9Billion and you say Jonathan knows how to run an economy!! I guess when the cloud of this shiitstorm they are gathering breaks and starts to rain, they wouldn't go looking for whom to blame.

This is just madness.

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by OLADD: 8:01am On Nov 27, 2014
PerfectlyPerfect:

brother, u stewpid. I swear, your stupidity really makes me lose hope on you and your generation
[color=#006600][/color]

Is that how far you can go? Your brain needs psychotic examination.

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by InglishTeechar(m): 8:02am On Nov 27, 2014
adozie:
Nigerian government clearly doesn't know what to do with money. What is this trash? How will this affect the common man? How is this sustainable
We have gas right?...being flared and wasted every day.
Why can't government invest in efficient use of gas in Nigeria.
I bet if they set up a national competition for engineering students with just N1 million prize money to come up with a more efficient way to use gas in Nigeria for cooking, am sure you will be surprised by the outcome.
Despite the dwindling crude oil income, this government is still wasting money on stupidity. Who is advising these people?
Oh well, it's just another way to steal money. Shame on all of us the citizens of this country to watch these looters destroy our future

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by OCTAVO: 8:02am On Nov 27, 2014
This is pure wastage! Our president is becoming more clueless daily.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by InglishTeechar(m): 8:02am On Nov 27, 2014
dannewlife:
I now understand what they mean when people describe this administration as CLUELESS !

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 27, 2014
Ovamboland:
Countless stove and efficient cooking methods has been prototype by numerous indigenous companies, Addis Engineering, Techo-Quip, Advance -Tech and countless Nigerian fabricators and so many similar projects in polytechnics and universities.
Yet this clueless government will splash 9bn Naira to enrich the South African economy and leave our own designers, fabicators, and craftmen unappreciated.
What is in a stove? you can call a design contest by giving out specifications e.g design a stove that will use 50% less fuel ans produce 40% more heat and give out 95% less smoke. Same way US government will give specifications to it's defense contractors like produce fither planes that can active 100,000 Ft ceiling, top speed of mach 5 and range of 3000 miles while consuming 30% less fuel.

We know it is campaign material for PDP paid for by the FG, but is it too much to make it count? Call like 10 fabricator firms, attach a proffessor and researchers to each firm, give them matching grant of like 10 million naira, and 6 months time and see the wonder that will be produced plus the knowledge and know-how that will be resident in-country. The best 1 or 2 designs will then be standard specification to be masses produced by fabricators all over the country.That knowledge spurned by foresight will be available to develop other simple devices.
We keep displaying the fact that we are clueless people and are not hungry for development. I am sure even Ghana or Benin Republic will not throw away it's money like that.

Then 18000 wonder bags?! are we real ?

Chai..You just gave me goose bumps!!! Thumbs up for this write up
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Dee60: 8:03am On Nov 27, 2014
[size=30pt]Dubious STOVE-FRASTRUCTURE! [/size]
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by InglishTeechar(m): 8:03am On Nov 27, 2014
Stelvin101:

Majority Nigerians are F00lish and blind to see GEJ administration as a total failure na, all because he is a Christian president( thats if the Olodo is truly a christian) and he is also from the South South. Me am from South south, half Ijaw self buh i dont support the modafucka coz he is a total failure when we talk of rule of leadership. The man is just too imcompetent and when matured mind and positive people speak the truth, all these Coconut vacuum headed Nigerians will be shouting criticism! Criticism!. They just dont want to wake up from their slumbering sleep. *shaking my head*

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by 49cents(m): 8:05am On Nov 27, 2014
Omooba77:
The Federal Executive Council on Wednesday approved the purchase of N9.2billion worth of clean cook stoves and wonder bags for rural women under the National Clean Cooking Scheme.

Wonder bag is a non-electric slow cooker invented by Sarah Collins, ‎a south African eco-entreprenuer, who came up with the idea six years ago during a power cut, when she decided to keep her dinner cooking by surrounding the pan with cushions.

The council also awarded a contract of N60.9billion to an indigenous firm, KaKatar CE Limited, for the provision of engineering infrastructure for Kyami District, Zone C, Abuja.

Supervising Minister of Information, Dr. Nurudeen Muhammed; Minister of Environment, Mrs. Lawrecia Mallam; and Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Senator Bala Muhammed, briefed State House correspondents at the end of the meeting presided over by Vice President Namadi Sambo.

Muhammed said the N9.2billion inclusive of Value Added Tax was approved for the procurement of 750,000 units of clean cook stove and 18,000 wonder bags.

He said the stoves are expected to be delivered by Messrs Integra Renewable Energy Services Limited within a period of 12 weeks.

He noted that the stoves which will be assembled locally, will provide jobs to Nigerians among other benefits.

The minister said, “The National Clean Cooking Scheme is an aggressive drive to engender clean cooking culture amongst the poor rural women, to reduce and possibly eliminate cooking with solid fossil which is detrimental to health.

“The scheme is expected to provide 20 million clean stoves over a five-year period at the rate of four million stoves yearly which will be distributed without charge.

“It will also reduce incessant felling of trees which exposes the country to ecological problems.

Source: http://www.punchng.com/news/fg-to-buy-cooking-stoves-with-n9-2bn/

Fantastic idea................only the process of procurement is always making it unsustainable at the end
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by InglishTeechar(m): 8:06am On Nov 27, 2014
PStacks:

That is ehhhn!

No be small deliverance ooo!
The ogbanje wey dey worry this Government no get part 2.

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by PStacks(m): 8:11am On Nov 27, 2014
InglishTeechar:

Take it easy na.

Y attacking me.

You want a change? Be the change.

U want a Revolt? Lead a Nation-wide awakening for nigerian youths. Lead a Revolution.

You also are just complaining like to complain is ur full time Job.

U have only just succeeded in complaining. Pls do something other than complain.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by InglishTeechar(m): 8:13am On Nov 27, 2014
Telvinsahpa:
Na waoo Nigerian leaders you guys are not wise oooo shebi na person make the stove? Y una no try invent una own. Una for do una own by using all intelligents youths , I believe we have people that can do something better than that , or na to wast moni, well may God help Nigeria

Which intelligent youth are you refering to, most our youth are only busy complaning from morning till night about every and anything the government do.

Ask not what your country will do for you, ask what you will do for your country.

If this governnent is trash then its because the people in government were once a youth of this country. With the present crop of youth we have now if not delivered from mental slavery then this country is heading for doom.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Michaelemry: 8:15am On Nov 27, 2014
If this story is true then jonathan is not only clueless bt stupid.b4 our eyes u want to compansate south africa president by giving him dis huge contract for accepting to release the money u laundererd claiming is for arms purchase.they dont even know how to steal do they think lagos state govnor is nt stealing bt he is using his work to cover it and everybody know he has tried.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 8:16am On Nov 27, 2014
OLADD:
[color=#006600][/color]

Is that how far you can go? Your brain needs psychotic examination.
maybe, buy u kip displaying your apparent lack of a brain
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Lilimax(f): 8:16am On Nov 27, 2014
Almost all iidiots on the street are now government critics sad undecided
How sad!

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by OLADD: 8:17am On Nov 27, 2014
Onegai:

The number of people to be hired to assemble this cannot be more than 300. Because they're no fabricating, they're joining already-made parts.

6 years ago, I saw at Trade Fair in Lagos and read several proposal submitted to Govt about BRICKETS, a clean fuel material made from sawdust and waste materials readily and freely available in Nigeria. These brickets burned cleaner than coal. These proposals and demos were all done by Nigerian lecturers (Uniben and some Polytechnics if I recall). If the govt had given them grants, we would need to hire scavengers at all our refuse dumps in 36 states (so let's say 100 per state). Then hire people to set up companies to collect sawdust from every logging facility in the SW (let's saw 10 people get the contract, they will use the model of PSP and hire 10 people minimum per PSP,) that's a 100 people. Then people to work in the Bricket manufacturing facility, another 100-150, minus the skilled technicians and mangers supervising them (50). So that's 400 people and they would still be unable to make enough for the country, so we would have Bricket-producing facilities in each state. Oh, I forgot, we need distributors and marketeers for selling the end-product.

Import= 300 people hired (a generous estimate)

Locally-sourced and made = minimum 600-1000 people in a manufacturing industry and we have not even thought of EXPORTING our clean-burning Bricket to nations like Gambia, Sierra Leone and countries where International Bodies are willing to pay and subsidise stuff for them (because their economy is so poor). Lord knows how much money Nigeria would have made.

I'm glad you've taken the time to read how your govt keeps making you poorer with your ignorance as an aid. Don't thank me, you're welcome smiley
[/color][color=#006600]

Let's assume the figure of 300 direct beneficiaries of the assemble plant is correct ( but I doubt its tenability), what about hundreds of dependants they stand to feed? On a larger picture, do you consider the enormity of the stove's impact on the lives of women who trek miles to fetch firewood? Is their life expectancy subject to improvement or otherwise? If you take care of women, you are indirectly catering for the welfare of the nation and no amount spent to that effect is a waste.
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by InglishTeechar(m): 8:17am On Nov 27, 2014
PStacks:

Take it easy na.

Y attacking me.

You want a change? Be the change.

U want a Revolt? Lead a Nation-wide awakening for nigerian youths. Lead a Revolution.

You also are just complaining like to complain is ur full time Job.

U have only just succeeded in complaining. Pls do something other than complain.

Let me ask a personal question and i want a sincere answer. What are you doing for a better Nigeria? We know the country is in mess, what are you doing in your own little way to better the situation of this country?

1 Like

Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 27, 2014
Four years thing? When he's not sure of re-election, who will supervise this project? How guaranteed will be the distribution of these items?
My conclusion: this is just another avenue of some miscreants to syphon our national treasury.

Prove me wrong!!!!
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by Isiterere(m): 8:21am On Nov 27, 2014
adadadon:
Invest in efficient use of gas instead of this trash
...and the nation's gas is been flared everyday.
GEJ is synonymous with wastage and failure...

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: FG To Buy Cooking Stoves With N9.2bn by IYANGBALI: 8:21am On Nov 27, 2014
jamace:
Haba OP, your choice of topic has anti-Govt tone. Maybe you think stove na stove after all. grin But know that this stove is a special one, highly environmental friendly.
abeg stove na stove jo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Anthony Iwenjiora Burial: GEJ, Patience, Obi, Ihedioha Visit Obi Of Onitsha / Meet Olajide Ayeni, A Nigerian Working As A Policeman In US (Photos) / Fayose: Humiliation Of Tinubu Is A Humiliation Of The Yoruba Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.