Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,778 members, 7,862,592 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:09 PM

“I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration (15152 Views)

I Will Rather Die In Jail Than For Ohaneze Ndigbo To Claim Credit... Nnamdi Kanu / Iran Vows To Avenge, Threatens Nigeria. Nigerian Military Prepares. / I’ll Rather Return To My Village Than Work With Buhari –kuku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by RibaduFan(m): 9:51pm On Nov 29, 2008
kobo they run the IT consulting industry in ur country and many other countries even Europe and the US
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Kobojunkie: 9:52pm On Nov 29, 2008
bawomolo:

lol now this is ridiculous

to kobo - cleaners are semi-skilled labor at best.

I disagree. It takes a lot of skill to work as a Bio-Cleaner. Have you seen the movie THE CLEANER? yeah, it is awesome !!! lol
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Kobojunkie: 9:53pm On Nov 29, 2008
yemmyse:

kobo they run the IT consulting industry in ur country and many other countries even Europe and the US

Can you please provide proof of this? I am in IT. The top 10 IT consulting companies are not run or owned by Indians. I definitely do get lots of calls from indians working for IT firms here but I can not say they run IT consulting industry.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by RibaduFan(m): 9:54pm On Nov 29, 2008
At least they are not screaming "Pls it's the immigration officers open up" on the internet.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by RibaduFan(m): 9:55pm On Nov 29, 2008
Years ago it used to SAP and the rest of them. Now it's Flexcube, and such likes made and maintained by Indians.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Nov 29, 2008
yemmyse:

At least they are not screaming "please it's the immigration officers open up" on the internet.

Did you search the same Youtube for Indian illegal immigrants and did not find any videos of such?
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Sauron1: 9:57pm On Nov 29, 2008
yemmyse:

At least they are not screaming "please it's the immigration officers open up" on the internet.

They do too. . . . . .
I have watched many episodes of UK Border Patrol and Indians, Eastern Europeans have all been caught and deported.
Many hide at the back of the trucks coming from France before they get caught and sent back.
Stop acting as if Nigerians are the ONLY illegal immigrants in the UK.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Kobojunkie: 9:58pm On Nov 29, 2008
yemmyse:

Years ago it used to SAP and the rest of them. Now it's Flexcube, and such likes made and maintained by Indians.

What?
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by RibaduFan(m): 9:58pm On Nov 29, 2008
thinking about, kobo re an illegal immigrant? lol
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On Nov 29, 2008
yemmyse:

thinking about, kobo re an illegal immigrant? lol

Nope, why do you ask?
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by RibaduFan(m): 10:11pm On Nov 29, 2008
is just that cant stop wondering y u re defending the act vehemently
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Kobojunkie: 10:25pm On Nov 29, 2008
Oh!!! Living here, you learn about some who are or were once illegal and how they came over here. I had a friend who came over in a box on a ship. Journey took about a month. He is doing great for himself now.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by RibaduFan(m): 10:29pm On Nov 29, 2008
Allelujah! Glory be to God. My regards to ur friend.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Kobojunkie: 10:41pm On Nov 29, 2008
Amin!! Amin!! Amin l' oruko Jesu!
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Nigeria4: 11:03pm On Nov 29, 2008
siy or what is your name. yar adua has to get away from ethnics politics as fast as possible. it is easy to rule nigeria. as long as you stay away from ethincs and reach out to every nigerian.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by RibaduFan(m): 11:05pm On Nov 29, 2008
Nigeria1 u re sleep walking
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by asha80(m): 12:00am On Nov 30, 2008
The guy for remain for naija follow us do yahoozee cool tongue
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by 4Play(m): 12:12am On Nov 30, 2008
That man is ridiculous. Sharper people like me can never be caught. He should have obtained the kind of "insurance" I got from Okija shrine, makes me invisible to UK Immigration. grin
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by doncaster(m): 12:15am On Nov 30, 2008
4 Play:

That man is ridiculous. Sharper people like me can never be caught. He should have obtained the kind of "insurance" I got from Okija shrine, makes me invisible to UK Immigration. grin
Abi oo traditional insurance/indefinite stay that will lead to red book.

Ebi like say him take yoruba talk to him sista say immiga dey around make she no open door.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by Kweenisha: 12:55am On Nov 30, 2008
I feel sorry for the man though.
see a grown man crying
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by tpia: 1:46am On Nov 30, 2008
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by SisiJinx: 2:18am On Nov 30, 2008
UK Border Force

[img]http://noborderswales.files./2008/09/border-force-logo-copymw.jpg?w=162&h=91[/img]

Behind-the-scene action
A new observational documentary series, with exclusive access to the UK Border Agency, reveals the action behind the scenes of immigration.

This eight-part series follows the dedicated teams at Heathrow Terminal 3, Calais, Dover and the enforcement teams cracking down on illegal workers in the North West and North East of England, who all form part of the newly created UK Border Agency.

As well as providing an exclusive insight into the sophisticated levels of patrol across Britain's borders, UK Border Force will follow key personnel within the teams and give viewers the opportunity to get to know more about the characters who work within this challenging environment, whilst highlighting the many compelling personal stories and cases they come across each day.

At Calais and Dover, we see the new technological innovations now employed by the freight search team to detect illegal immigrants stowing away in lorries, such as CO2 probes and heartbeat monitors.

At Heathrow Terminal 3, the busiest port in Britain, Immigration Officers face the challenge of aiding the speedy passage of legitimate visitors, whilst at the same time remaining on the lookout for the minority whose intentions are dishonest. With an average of 30 million arrivals to the terminal each year, this is no small task, and staff must be well trained to make quick decisions in a highly pressurised environment!
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by tpia: 3:00am On Nov 30, 2008
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by dayokanu(m): 5:08am On Nov 30, 2008
Have you seen the number of Mexicans in the US illegally?

They are lazy people too?

Did you remember the Arian Gonzalez saga from Cuba? Are Cuban lazy too?

Do you know the number of Chinese that besiege the embassy in Beijing for visas

All these lazy people go abroad and make it bigger and come back drive posh cars and build mansions while those in Nigeria wallow in the

darkness and cursing Yar'Adua till next year.

Bawomolo,
Is it possible to make $200 a night? and $6,000 a month? That means you still earn far more than a lot of bank workers in Nigeria
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by NegroNtns(m): 3:56pm On Nov 30, 2008
Wow . . .on the 8th page already!

@Post ,

Lol, some responses are funny but a lot more are thought provoking. One day. . . one day, we will move forward and until that time the discussion continues.

Doyin,

Negro, Your argument, nay, all the arguments on this thread are filled with
easily debunked generalisations.

Take for example, you argue Southerners with their academic excellence
have achieved it to the detriment of enriching their culture.

But surely the examples of Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka, the South or
indeed Nigeria's foremost academics, do not support your argument.

And you suggest examples of Professors in the North who go back to sit down
on the mat with their families in their villages perhaps. I cannot imagine the likes of Jubril Aminu
or Jerry Gana, elitist sycophants that they are stooping to such low levels.

My response is targeted at the theme. The caption did not say "Mr X" or "an individual", but instead said "Nigerian man". Now, that is generalisation and my response in the general is quite adequate. In like manner, my reference to DeepZone's thread and the resonse to her caption on "Northerners" is proper, given that Northerner is a generalisation of a people.

If we were to discuss individuals then I would have offered a response tailored to that end. Soyinka, Achebe, Aminu and Gana are all individuals that can be used as exemplary for a pro/con review of how successful orotherwise we have been in terms of the balance etween academic and cultural outlooks.

I will add a counterweight to my example of a professor in the North sitting on a mat and eating with his hands. Professor Akin Adesanya, who at many times had been Provost at many institutions and served at a parastatal post in the Ministry of Education was my mentor many years back. The Professor eats amala, eba, iyan, fufu and all that with his fingers and only food he eats with cutleries is rice, salad and so on. So at an individual level of course I can present examples in both North and South of people that are advocates of culture. However, in general terms and without a bias input, Southerners are behind in culture as much as Northerners are behind in academic progress.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by doyin13(m): 5:02pm On Nov 30, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Wow . . .on the 8th page already!

@Post ,

Lol, some responses are funny but a lot more are thought provoking. One day. . . one day, we will move forward and until that time the discussion continues.

Doyin,

My response is targeted at the theme. The caption did not say "Mr X" or "an individual", but instead said "Nigerian man". Now, that is generalisation and my response in the general is quite adequate. In like manner, my reference to DeepZone's thread and the resonse to her caption on "Northerners" is proper, given that Northerner is a generalisation of a people.

If we were to discuss individuals then I would have offered a response tailored to that end. Soyinka, Achebe, Aminu and Gana are all individuals that can be used as exemplary for a pro/con review of how successful orotherwise we have been in terms of the balance etween academic and cultural outlooks.

I will add a counterweight to my example of a professor in the North sitting on a mat and eating with his hands. Professor Akin Adesanya, who at many times had been Provost at many institutions and served at a parastatal post in the Ministry of Education was my mentor many years back. The Professor eats amala, eba, iyan, fufu and all that with his fingers and only food he eats with cutleries is rice, salad and so on. So at an individual level of course I can present examples in both North and South of people that are advocates of culture. However, in general terms and without a bias input, Southerners are behind in culture as much as Northerners are behind in academic progress.

Lol. . .

You are an impressive . . . . .errr errr err SOPHIST grin grin in every positive sense of the word.

Jeez. . . .the whole argument now centres on a particular 'Nigerian man' or the general 'Nigerian Man'

hehehehe. . . I don't have a counter walahi
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by NegroNtns(m): 6:23pm On Nov 30, 2008
You are an impressive . . . . .errr errr err SOPHIST in every positive sense of the word.

Jeez. . . .the whole argument now centres on a particular 'Nigerian man' or the general 'Nigerian Man'

hehehehe. . . I don't have a counter walahi

Ah, yepa, . . . mogbe! SOHPIST ke? Well, I will go with the positive. In case you are wondering, I am Yoruba to the core. My fluency, written and spoken, in Hausa does not make me an Hausaman, neither is the fact that physically, I look more a Hausa than a Yorubaman. I stand solidly for what is right and I quesion inequities. To the Yorubas, we are a Great people but we can not advance forward unless we are willing to critique our challenges and chart positive outlets that will enable our greatness to blossom.

Doyin, when you run for the Governor office appoint me to handle your political strategies. grin
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by adconline(m): 6:25pm On Nov 30, 2008
@Yemmyse

All my classmates with minimum of 2nd class lower are either in banks or working in oil firms, aside from those who travelled abroad and are languishing in penury. None of them earns less than 200k per month.

Have you ever wondered how much Nigerians abroad who graduated from universities earn? This is what we call an outlier. How about those who don’t have college degrees? By the way I don’t know of how many banks that employ 2.2s with 200k per month.  Must be an Aso Rock Bank. I think we have a bank thread that has dealt with  how much some of these banks pay.

Nothing is more embarrassing than a nation as blessed as Nigeria which CANNOT provide for her citizens so why is it a disgrace that Nigerians are looking for better opportunities overseas? Folks have always migrated for economic opportunities. I hope Irish/Europeans who migrated to America to start with menial jobs did not disgrace their nations. Next time you talk about disgracing your nation  by traveling abroad, I would like you to remember that disgracing your stomach and family has the gravest consequence in life.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by whatever90(f): 6:43pm On Nov 30, 2008
for real i feel for dis guy sad
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by redsun(m): 9:10pm On Nov 30, 2008
That is the average mindset of an average african,scared,scared of nothing,afraid to discover.

Cry cry baies as if england is an alien world.If you can't live anywhere,die.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by chika98: 9:55pm On Nov 30, 2008
redsun:

That is the average mindset of an average african,scared,scared of nothing,afraid to discover.

Cry cry baies as if england is an alien world.If you can't live anywhere,die.

What are YOU doing in England then?? Move back to Nigeria and do some discovering while you're at it.
Re: “I’ll Rather Die Here Than Go Back To Nigeria” Nigerian Man To Uk Immigration by redsun(m): 9:57pm On Nov 30, 2008
I choose where i want to live,i will be in nigeria when i have to, I am like a god,i have got choices.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Past Govt Wasted Forex On Importation Of Toothpicks — Buhari / Buhari Fails To Sign Over 200 Bills Passed By NASS In Six Years / Opposition Kicks As Reps Approve N2.3tn Fresh Loan For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.