Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Disperity Against Hnd Holders - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Disperity Against Hnd Holders (3059 Views)

Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. / Total Is Calling HND Holders--CADET DRILLING SUPERVISOR / Asset & Leasing Manager @ Stanbic Ibtc? Does Stanbic Discriminate Against Hnd? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Disperity Against Hnd Holders by Wendell(m): 6:11pm On Aug 17, 2006
[b]Honestly it pains me this time I am going to spend to write again on this issue from the same perspective, for me it is time wasted. I had expected reasonable intellectual and convincing argument on this issue. But the kind of reactions here are not anything to go by, here being a platform for good minds (graduates). Most reactions just went 180 degrees off-point.

We are talking of a matter of serious national and constitutional importance and somebody is talking about going to go open a home-based, self-owned business if one doesn’t like what the employers are doing. Is that the solution to the discrimination problem? If I create my own business has it solved the problem? What about the rest who may never be opportune to tow the same line? He also said that it’s one’s duty to make oneself useful so that employers can pay one. That reveals that he doesn’t even understand the issue. Now what use does a BSc holder have more than an HND holder? What is the usefulness of a BSc holder over an HND holder? What can a BSc holder do that an HND holder cannot do? Is this the best employers of labor can do? You see the depth of dumbness of this line of reasoning?

My boss who stumbled on this site told me that Nairaland platform casts a pall of doubts on the way and manner our institutions have sunken deep in the morass and miasma of hopelessness. The type of things they say are the stuffs one can't even hear at the motor parks from the touts no matter how hard one tries to read their lips.

If one talks now it will be seen as attacking personality, but nay it is not! Most of these negative ideas and tendencies should be nipped at the bud and not be allowed to spread and infest society. That is why we now have a lot of clean up and clean out to do in our society today because negative people have been allowed to spread their propaganda for their self-serving motives.

A person who lacks appropriate self-concept and self-respect will always look at reason, knowledge, and ideas with contempt and disdain. And in its stead spread ignoble behaviors and selfishness in the midst of his attitudinal flux. But to set matters straight, I need to tell some guys like Seun, Davidylan, pepe, Molasco and co these:

There is this piece of wise saying that KITAUN has as part of his handle. It reads “What if I stay in the Ghetto, does it make you better than me?” Think about it before you proceed to read futher.

First and foremost, the article did not take people like you into consideration because it was unnecessary, as a gold nose-ring in the snout of a pig. I only posted that to set things straight. I did not write it for everybody. Only those who are psychologically and emotionally balanced can consume it. For the rest, the article is definitely not for them.

Any way, if you are a good graduate, you should have been able to find the Subject, Topic Sentence and then the Main Idea of comprehension passages. Nevertheless, all hope is not gone. UBE is there or you can just hop into any of those educational services centers (JAMB and SSCE Tutorial Classes) down your street. If you settle them well, and since you already have a paper you claim is a degree, they can offer you just 30mins refresher and arrange a certificate of Proficiency in English for you (That’s if u can pay them well oh!).

To help you out, the article succinctly says these:

1. That sound and functional education is the one that works for society and not the other way round.

2. That the language society understands is that which bespeaks solutions to its problems.

3. That the needs of organizations are Aptitudes, Skills, Expertise, and Competencies and not paper nomenclatures.

3. That Successful organizations are in dire need of those who have those time-tested attributes, aptitudes, skills, expertise and competencies which make for organizational success and business excellence such as hard work, honesty, integrity, flexibility, goal-oriented, business sense, organizational skills, interpersonal skills, strong communications skills, teachableness, value-driven etc. Organizations can kill for these competencies.

4. That even Harvard Degrees or Ivy League Degrees cannot guarantee you these competencies. So it’s all about you!

5. The world has slipped into the era of emphasizing aptitude, skill, expertise and competency. Nigeria can never afford to lag behind. If it dares, two things are probable namely; It will plunge itself into obsolescence and the world will afford to leave her behind. Like it or not, Nigeria must comply someday!

6. Now the ball is in your court. Start the process of change from your own little corner. That’s the only constant phenomenon and the best you can do for humanity.

You can as well send your reaction to wendell on mervtheworldismyoystershell@yahoo.com[/b]
Re: Disperity Against Hnd Holders by Wendell(m): 6:24pm On Aug 17, 2006
[b]Honestly it pains me this time I am going to spend to write again on this issue from the same perspective, for me it is time wasted. I had expected reasonable intellectual and convincing argument on this issue. But the kind of reactions here are not anything to go by, here being a platform for good minds (graduates). Most reactions just went 180 degrees off-point.

We are talking of a matter of serious national and constitutional importance and somebody is talking about going to go open a home-based, self-owned business if one doesn’t like what the employers are doing. Is that the solution to the discrimination problem? If I create my own business has it solved the problem? What about the rest who may never be opportune to tow the same line? He also said that it’s one’s duty to make oneself useful so that employers can pay one. That reveals that he doesn’t even understand the issue. Now what use does a BSc holder have more than an HND holder? What is the usefulness of a BSc holder over an HND holder? What can a BSc holder do that an HND holder cannot do? Is this the best employers of labor can do? You see the depth of dumbness of this line of reasoning?

My boss who stumbled on this site told me that Nairaland platform casts a pall of doubts on the way and manner our institutions have sunken deep in the morass and miasma of hopelessness. The type of things they say are the stuffs one can't even hear at the motor parks from the touts no matter how hard one tries to read their lips.

If one talks now it will be seen as attacking personality, but nay it is not! Most of these negative ideas and tendencies should be nipped at the bud and not be allowed to spread and infest society. That is why we now have a lot of clean up and clean out to do in our society today because negative people have been allowed to spread their propaganda for their self-serving motives.

A person who lacks appropriate self-concept and self-respect will always look at reason, knowledge, and ideas with contempt and disdain. And in its stead spread ignoble behaviors and selfishness in the midst of his attitudinal flux. But to set matters straight, I need to tell some guys like Seun, Davidylan, pepe, Molasco and co these:

There is this piece of wise saying that KITAUN has as part of his handle. It reads “What if I stay in the Ghetto, does it make you better than me?” Think about it before you proceed to read futher.

First and foremost, the article did not take people like you into consideration because it was unnecessary, as a gold nose-ring in the snout of a pig. I only posted that to set things straight. I did not write it for everybody. Only those who are psychologically and emotionally balanced can consume it. For the rest, the article is definitely not for them.

Any way, if you are a good graduate, you should have been able to find the Subject, Topic Sentence and then the Main Idea of comprehension passages. Nevertheless, all hope is not gone. UBE is there or you can just hop into any of those educational services centers (JAMB and SSCE Tutorial Classes) down your street. If you settle them well, and since you already have a paper you claim is a degree, they can offer you just 30mins refresher and arrange a certificate of Proficiency in English for you (That’s if u can pay them well oh!).

To help you out, the article succinctly says these:

1. That sound and functional education is the one that works for society and not the other way round.

2. That the language society understands is that which bespeaks solutions to its problems.

3. That the needs of organizations are Aptitudes, Skills, Expertise, and Competencies and not paper nomenclatures.

3. That Successful organizations are in dire need of those who have those time-tested attributes, aptitudes, skills, expertise and competencies which make for organizational success and business excellence such as hard work, honesty, integrity, flexibility, goal-oriented, business sense, organizational skills, interpersonal skills, strong communications skills, teachableness, value-driven etc. Organizations can kill for these competencies.

4. That even Harvard Degrees or Ivy League Degrees cannot guarantee you these competencies. So it’s all about you!

5. The world has slipped into the era of emphasizing aptitude, skill, expertise and competency. Nigeria can never afford to lag behind. If it dares, two things are probable namely; It will plunge itself into obsolescence and the world will afford to leave her behind. Like it or not, Nigeria must comply someday!

6. Now the ball is in your court. Start the process of change from your own little corner. That’s the only constant phenomenon and the best you can do for humanity.

You can as well send your reaction to wendell on mervtheworldismyoystershell@yahoo.com[/b]
Re: Disperity Against Hnd Holders by mrnwas(m): 9:06pm On Nov 11, 2023
It is even worse now than it was in 2006!
All thanks to the United Kingdom, Canada and the Unites states
A lot of people have been able to Convert their HND to even better degrees than ever https://nicescholarship.com/how-to-convert-hnd-to-b-eng-in-nigeria
Ezyman:
why are they refusing to accept CV from HND holders in most of the banks. i tried to submit my CV at Eco bank in Lagos and i was told that they dint accept HND. Zenith bank did the same. i am afraid if all the banks will not treat HND holders the same way. please i think something should be done to stop this ugly and nepotic occurrence. i also went to diamond bank web site and theyonly made provision for Bscsad

(1) (2) (Reply)

British Deputy High Commission / Introduction To Job Application / Selecting A Referee / Exciting Job Opportunities In The Niger Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.