Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,921 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action (58647 Views)

He Was Asked To Return His Waec Certificate ?? / Now Bankrupt Evander Holyfield Paid His Tithes But Forgot About His Mortage / Paying Tithes Or Giving To The Needy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by PastorKun(m): 1:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
Boss13:

I share the same emotion too. Wicked people. I want that man to win so that judicial precedence will take place and other people will start suing their pastors

Yeah a judicial precedence would be really good. It would make pastors more responsible and accountable to their congregation.

3 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
fishleg123:
sincerely, it can be very frustrating when let down by ur church during the time of need. d man must have tried other means b4 turning to his church that he really trusted. I think we should encourage d man and other Christians to have faith and trust in God and not in their churches.
and for the churches/pastors, please let's be careful so that we don't become a stumbling stones to the sheep of our Lord.
I've bern unable to attend service for 3 consecutive sundays due to a combo of factors.
these people who know me by my tithe number but nit by name have not bothered to ask me what is preventing me from Sunday worship.
No calls or text from even members of the group I belong to.
It is a shame because I sort of identify with what the complainant is getting at.
Forget the issue of tithing and wanting it back. to these so called pastors im just another tithe number. When there is a need for you to contribute to they will start bombarding you with texts and calls, even showing up at your doorstep at odd and inconvenient times.
They start assaulting your sensibilities with all kinds of strategy of blackmail to extract cash from you for their so-called need.
Case in point:
Early last year Daddy GO wanted to movehis school to Ede, what did he do?He instructed his parishes to collect an additional "tithe". They shifted pastors within zones so as to lighten the burden of familiarity on them and thus convince the congregation to give.
It's debatable that you should pay tithe in the first place as a Believer yet some old man wants to levy you an additional 10% to "solve" what is essentially his personal issue.

Back to the issue. if you are looking for succour from thr church when in need,you might want to think again. RCCG is more concerned with how much a parish cam generate hence they go about this senseless church planting,not minding what kind of doctrine is being peddled from such churches or the quality of individuals raised in these churches. They simply care about how much your pocket is worth to them.

I just pity the guy who is threatening to sue because nothing is going to come out of it. these churches have sdopted positions where they can be seen as government friendly to avoid taxation and possible litigation (I.e. the TB Joshua case).

19 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by waldigit: 3:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
frosbel:
The Pastor and his ilk should be locked up and taken to court.

Minimum prison sentence should be 10 years without possibility of parole. That will teach the other crooks.

Oh, how I 'hate' these charlatans, GOs , MOGs and so called Pastors exploiting the poor, weak and vulnerable in our midst. May God judge them in a massive way.
I understand very well that emphasis on tithe has been high jacked very well in todays church for personal benefit.
But the question arises again are, if nobody is on full time in Gods business will not affect our mandate to take the gospel to all nations before the end shall come?
Then if some pple hav to be in it on full time basis, how do we renumerate such pple without paying tithe.
NB
Jesus created treasury dpt. In His ministry ably manned by Judas
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by waldigit: 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2014
frosbel:
The Pastor and his ilk should be locked up and taken to court.

Minimum prison sentence should be 10 years without possibility of parole. That will teach the other crooks.

Oh, how I 'hate' these charlatans, GOs , MOGs and so called Pastors exploiting the poor, weak and vulnerable in our midst. May God judge them in a massive way.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by PastorKun(m): 3:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
waldigit:

I understand very well that emphasis on tithe has been high jacked very well in todays church for personal benefit.
But the question arises again are, if nobody is on full time in Gods business will not affect our mandate to take the gospel to all nations before the end shall come?
Then if some pple hav to be in it on full time basis, how do we renumerate such pple without paying tithe.
NB

Regular voluntary church offerings should be more than enough to renumerate those in full time ministry. The early church was established and it thrived for centuries without collecting tithes from believers. In fact monetary tithe from income was not introduced to the church till 1895(less than 120 years ago) it is greed that makes most preachers demand tithe of their congregation.

5 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by plaetton: 5:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
Believe me , I have thought about taking this action many many times when my wife had given these crooks my hard-earned money behind my back.

If you ever hear something like this in Lagos anytime in the future, you should know that it will be me.
smiley

11 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by vooks: 5:05pm On Nov 28, 2014
Does Jesus force anybody to get saved? Nope, the Spirit just convicts. If such serious matter of salvation are left to Spirit pleadings, what makes you think that we need a Law on giving?

The Jews had the whole tithing Laws, quite elaborate and from Malachi, they were UNABLE to keep it. If they couldn't keep express tithing laws, what makes you a Christian can keep it? This is why your pastor has to threaten you with hellfire, Devourer,shut-heaven,debts to make you part with your money.

The same Spirit who wakes you up to pray and intercede for your leaders is all you need to know what to give, not some external stimuli and set fractions

waldigit:

NB

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by PastorKun(m): 5:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
plaetton:
Believe me , I have thought about taking this action many many times when my wife had given these crooks my hard-earned money behind my back.

If you ever hear something like this in Lagos anytime in the future, you should know that it will be me.
smiley

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asalimpo(m): 5:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
While it is painful tht Help ddnt com to d man in his dark hour, we shudnt forget or misapply the word.
The tithe is a tax on every kingdom citizen for kingdom work.
It is ten percent on all your increase (gross).
It shud b presented to God with the right attitude,thanks giving and gratefulness,
then is the offering.
Every earthly kingdom operates on some taxing principle which they levy on their citizens.
With these taxes government can accomplish certain objectives like provision of amenities, running a military etc.
Tax evasion is a a criminal offence.
Against this backdrop tithe evasion is a criminal offence and a sin against God.
because by not tithing you are obstructing the work of God as well as dishonourng God who blesses you with increase.
Whether d church u tithe in misuses or steals d funds is not justifcation to discontinue giving ur tithe.
Anoda issue is,the tithe belongs to God. It is God's money.
Touchng God's money is stealing.
Simple.

Arguing abt tithe is meaningless.
If you can pay up to 40% in tax and not think about it with d government ever ready to pile on more and more levies , the complaining about 10% unwavering tax rate is hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by waldigit: 6:33pm On Nov 28, 2014
PastorKun:

Regular voluntary church offerings should be more than enough to renumerate those in full time ministry. The early church was established and it thrived for centuries without collecting tithes from believers. In fact monetary tithe from income was not introduced to the church till 1895(less than 120 years ago) it is greed that makes most preachers demand tithe of their congregation.

Hearing this for the 1st time. Any way thanks for the info. I will check to confirm.
But there is one thing todays church omitted in law of giving which is a great error. That is the law of proportion.- to whom much is giving much is expected. 10percent to a rich man is not the same as 10percent to a low income person. The widow in the temple brought all, but the rich brought from many. The widow is the best giver because she gave all. But today it is the law of absolute that is the operation. Fixed charges are levied on churches irrespective of the ability to pay. Well may God Help us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by vooks: 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
Debate is a good way of arriving at truth. Jesus used it, Paul too, Stephen and so we have precedent.
Tithing was a tax for the Jews not Christians. There was death penalty for adultery in the Law but you find none in the NT. If this was the case like in Muslim nations, then probably adultery cases would be much fewer. But that is not God's way of doing things.

Note Jews gave two tither
S per annum coming to 19% and a third one every third year coming to 22% in total p.a.

asalimpo:
While it is painful tht Help ddnt com to d man in his dark hour, we shudnt forget or misapply the word.
It shud b presented to God with the right attitude,thanks giving and gratefulness,
then is the offering.
Every earthly kingdom operates on some taxing principle which they levy on their citizens.
With these taxes government can accomplish certain objectives like provision of amenities, running a military etc.
Against this backdrop tithe evasion is a criminal offence and a sin against God.
because by not tithing you are obstructing the work of God as well as dishonourng God who blesses you with increase.
Whether d church u tithe in misuses or steals d funds is not justifcation to discontinue giving ur tithe.
Simple.

If you can pay up to 40% in tax and not think about it with d government ever ready to pile on more and more levies , the complaining about 10% unwavering tax rate is hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by brocab: 12:34am On Nov 29, 2014
You say: Every tithe is a tax on every kingdom citizen for kingdom work, being a % on your increase.
And in every kingdom has a government, and it states we are to obey the law of the land, paying our taxes.
Signed and written under God's law.
A law book called "The Acts" Every country has one.
Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar. A government who collected the tax.
And give what belongs to God.
Not just tithing, but sacrifices and offerings, were given to God.
Jesus had redeemed us from those old laws.
Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse.
Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.
But that no-one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for the just shall live by faith.
And yet the law is not of faith.
Christ had redeemed us from the curse of the law.
Hebrews 7:11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood {for under it the people received the law}.
For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
But today we hear of a new changing of the law, that can only come from a religious back ground, as the Pharisees, a demonic man made system to control the people, under Satan's law to retrieve only money and power.
"This law was "NOT" given by Jesus".
But can only come from a demonic power given to man-Twisting bible verses to maintain ones means of robbing God's people, on tithing...
Robbing God's people is stealing.
asalimpo:
then is the offering.
Simple.

3 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by PastorKun(m): 9:39am On Nov 29, 2014
I know a lot of people find it difficult to come to terms with fact that Pastors they love and adore so much can possibly be wrong on this tithe issue but the fact remains the type of tithes they preach is not in scriptures and even the tithes found in scriptures is not applicable to christians because we are not under the Law that made tithing mandatory for the Jews.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asalimpo(m): 11:02am On Nov 29, 2014
vooks:

Debate is a good way of arriving at truth. Jesus used it, Paul too, Stephen and so we have precedent.
Tithing was a tax for the Jews not Christians. There was death penalty for adultery in the Law but you find none in the NT. If this was the case like in Muslim nations, then probably adultery cases would be much fewer. But that is not God's way of doing things.

Note Jews gave two tither
S per annum coming to 19% and a third one every third year coming to 22% in total p.a.

abraham gave tithe to melchizedeck, was abraham operating under d law?
There is only one tithe and only one mentioned in d bible ( i stand to b corrected).
No kingdom can survive without resources, thts y all nations on earth impose tax on their citizens.
God's kingdom on earth imposes the tax on its citizens so tht God's work on earth can b accomplished.
Without enuff resources God's work suffers.
The reason for tithe in malaci is so that they mayb "meat in My (God's) House". In other words ,resources for kingdom work.
Besides, like I said, the tithe is God's. Not payng it makes you a robber and a thief.
Lastly, if in d old (inferior) testament, people gave ten percent, how much shud you gladly giv in the new covenant? More thn ten percent.

If you dont giv your tithe with gratitude and thankfully, God will still get His work done. He doesnt need you. And no man can hinder His work from getttng done.
He after all, gave you the money,strenght and breathe to get d money in the first place.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asalimpo(m): 11:16am On Nov 29, 2014
brocab:
You say: Every tithe is a tax on every kingdom citizen for kingdom work, being a % on your increase.
And in every kingdom has a government, and it states we are to obey the law of the land, paying our taxes.
Signed and written under God's law.
A law book called "The Acts" Every country has one.
Give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar. A government who collected the tax.
And give what belongs to God.
Not just tithing, but sacrifices and offerings, were given to God.
Jesus had redeemed us from those old laws.
Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse.
Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them.
But that no-one is justified by the law in the sight of God is evident, for the just shall live by faith.
And yet the law is not of faith.
Christ had redeemed us from the curse of the law.
Hebrews 7:11 Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood {for under it the people received the law}.
For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
But today we hear of a new changing of the law, that can only come from a religious back ground, as the Pharisees, a demonic man made system to control the people, under Satan's law to retrieve only money and power.
"This law was "NOT" given by Jesus".
But can only come from a demonic power given to man-Twisting bible verses to maintain ones means of robbing God's people, on tithing...
Robbing God's people is stealing.

the law was given by God thru moses. Read your bible and stop yapping nonsense.
Are d ten commandments demonic?
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by vooks: 11:24am On Nov 29, 2014
The church flourished for its first 500 years WITHOUT tithes.
If the life of church was predicated on tithing, it would not have grown

Tithing is a dead way of relating to God. Imagine for a second you relating to your wife on a tithe basis. You work so hard to calculate 10% of what you owe her and you keep the rest to yourself
http://www.tithing.com/blog/tithing-for-walking-dead/

Tithe is as valid as circumcision today

asalimpo:

abraham gave tithe to melchizedeck, was abraham operating under d law?
There is only one tithe and only one mentioned in d bible ( i stand to b corrected).
No kingdom can survive without resources, thts y all nations on earth impose tax on their citizens.
God's kingdom on earth imposes the tax on its citizens so tht God's work on earth can b accomplished.
Without enuff resources God's work suffers.
The reason for tithe in malaci is so that they mayb "meat in My (God's) House". In other words ,resources for kingdom work.
Besides, like I said, the tithe is God's. Not payng it makes you a robber and a thief.
Lastly, if in d old (inferior) testament, people gave ten percent, how much shud you gladly giv in the new covenant? More thn ten percent.

If you dont giv your tithe with gratitude and thankfully, God will still get His work done. He doesnt need you. And no man can hinder His work from getttng done.
He after all, gave you the money,strenght and breathe to get d money in the first place.

4 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by dorox(m): 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2014
Most people pay a tenth of their income to church not out of love for God but because they have been led by their pastor to believe that in doing so, God will continue to protect them from any misfortune. These pastors are effectively selling an insurance policy that covers bankruptcy, sickness, death, broken marriage and a whole bunch of other misfortunes, all for a ten percent premium of ones income.
So contrary to the opinion expressed in some of the comments here, the tithes and offerings paid to these churches are not gifts in an altruistic sense, rather it is the premium paid for the insurance policy provided by God with the church/pastor as God's agent and salesman.
Viewed from this perspective, it becomes easy to see how one can feel cheated if after diligently paying their tithes and offerings, they get hit by one or more misfortune that proved difficult to recover from, and the church which they believed to be the last point of refuge refused to shelter them from the worst of their calamity.
My advice to people that pay tithe as a means of getting protection against the uncertainties of life is that they should put that money into a fixed deposit account, or look for a reputable and trusted insurance company and use that money to purchase a policy that is well tailored to the risk they fear the most.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by vooks: 3:47pm On Nov 29, 2014
Well spoken. But as opposed to stopping giving, members should stick to Pauline formula of 'as you purpose in your heart without compulsion' formula for giving

dorox:
Most people pay a tenth of their income to church not out of love for God but because they have been led by their pastor to believe that in doing so, God will continue to protect them from any misfortune. These pastors are effectively selling an insurance policy that covers bankruptcy, sickness, death, broken marriage and a whole bunch of other misfortunes, all for a ten percent premium of ones income.
So contrary to the opinion expressed in some of the comments here, the tithes and offerings paid to these churches are not gifts in an altruistic sense, rather it is the premium paid for the insurance policy provided by God with the church/pastor as God's agent and salesman.
Viewed from this perspective, it becomes easy to see how one can feel cheated if after diligently paying their tithes and offerings, they get hit by one or more misfortune that proved difficult to recover from, and the church which they believed to be the last point of refuge refused to shelter them from the worst of their calamity.
My advice to people that pay tithe as a means of getting protection against the uncertainties of life is that they should put that money into a fixed deposit account, or look for a reputable and trusted insurance company and use that money to purchase a policy that is well tailored to the risk they fear the most.

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by brocab: 12:10am On Nov 30, 2014
You need to Read your bible?
The law was given by God to Moses in the O/Testament
Galatians 3:21-25 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not. For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.
But the scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
"BUT" before faith came, we were kept under "GUARD" by the law.
Kept for the faith which would after ward be revealed.
Therefore THE "LAW" WAS OUR TUTOR, to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
O/Testament Exodus 20:1-17. 10 Commandments.God spoke these words.
{1}You shall have no other Gods before me.
You shall not make yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in Heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them.nor serve them.
You shall not take the Lord your God in vain.
Observe the Sabbath day to keep it Holy.
Honor your Father and Mother.
You shall not Murder.
You shall not commit adultery.
You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour.
{10}You shall not covet your neighbours wife
No tithing?
N/Testament Matthew 22:36-40. Jesus spoke these words.
"Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?"
Jesus said to him "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind."
This is the first and great commandment."And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbour as yourself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the Prophets.
Still no tithing?
Since your a person who claims you know your bible?
Then you would know, tithing was only used for its purpose in the O/Testament, like our taxes today, helping to support the poor and feed the hungry. No money involved. In the O/Testament it showed they found fault with tithing, because it was the Levi priesthood who was robbing God.
We hear of these same stories today, with our Pastors-Preachers Robbing God.
Hebrews 7:12-25 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
So Jesus had changed that Old priesthood, V's 23 And there were many priests, because they were prevented by death from the continuing, but he, because he continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood.
Jesus had changed the priesthood-tithing law. because Jesus has an unchangeable priesthood.
Tithing is finished.
But if you still believe your under that curse of the Mosaic Law You need to move on.
asalimpo:

the law was given by God thru moses. Read your bible and stop yapping nonsense.
Are d ten commandments demonic?

6 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 1:09am On Nov 30, 2014
vooks:
Certified board idi0t..
Charity is not a right he is entitled to

But according to the book of acts, that was what was expected of the church... helping every man according to his need. But of course... what we have now are not churches but religious businesses.

3 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asalimpo(m): 2:13am On Nov 30, 2014
brocab:
Galatians 3:21-25 Is the law then against the promises of God? Certainly not. For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law.
But the scripture has confined all under sin, that the promise by faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe.
Therefore THE "LAW" WAS OUR TUTOR, to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor.
You shall not make yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in Heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them.nor serve them.
You shall not Murder.
You shall not steal.
No tithing?
Jesus said to him "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind."
This is the first and great commandment."And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbour as yourself.
Still no tithing?
Then you would know, tithing was only used for its purpose in the O/Testament, like our taxes today, helping to support the poor and feed the hungry. No money involved. In the O/Testament it showed they found fault with tithing, because it was the Levi priesthood who was robbing God.
Hebrews 7:12-25 For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law.
So Jesus had changed that Old priesthood, V's 23 And there were many priests, because they were prevented by death from the continuing, but he, because he continues forever, has an unchangeable priesthood.
Jesus had changed the priesthood-tithing law. because Jesus has an unchangeable priesthood.
Tithing is finished.
But if you still believe your under that curse of the Mosaic Law You need to move on.
the only thing done away with in the ol testament are the sacrifces, which Christ has done away with and the traditions which God allowed because of the hardness of d heart of the jews e.g marrying more than one wife, stoning, an eye for an eye, etc.
But the moral injunctions arent done away with.
The ten commandmnt is OT ,is it done away with?
Those actions that were a type of things to come are superseded by christ's wrk in d NT.
E.g in the OT a human priest officiated for man.
Now,we have Jesus as our great High priest
Jesus receives your tithe today,
Hebrews 7:8.

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asalimpo(m): 2:22am On Nov 30, 2014
brocab:
You shall not Murder.
You shall not steal.
No tithing?
Still no tithing?
Tithing is finished.

you dont understand what d law is? The Law encompasses more than d Ten commandments.
Go study up on what d law is.
Secondly tithing occured bf d law,
Abraham, gave tithes ,isaac tithed too because He was abraham's seed and in Abraham.
Now, if you're a child of Abraham you ought also to do as ur father abraham did.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by vooks: 5:43am On Nov 30, 2014
It is not a right, but there are expectations. They failed to live up to those. A church should be charitable to all not those who gave because if that is the case, then the ones who give the most would expect the most. Nonsensical really.

davidylan:

But according to the book of acts, that was what was expected of the church... helping every man according to his need. But of course... what we have now are not churches but religious businesses.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by vooks: 5:44am On Nov 30, 2014
Who decides what parts of the Law are moral and which parts are sacrifices?

asalimpo:

the only thing done away with in the ol testament are the sacrifces, which Christ has done away with and the traditions which God allowed because of the hardness of d heart of the jews e.g marrying more than one wife, stoning, an eye for an eye, etc.
But the moral injunctions arent done away with.
The ten commandmnt is OT ,is it done away with?
Those actions that were a type of things to come are superseded by christ's wrk in d NT.
E.g in the OT a human priest officiated for man.
Now,we have Jesus as our great High priest
Jesus receives your tithe today,
Hebrews 7:8.
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 30, 2014
vooks:
It is not a right, but there are expectations. They failed to live up to those. A church should be charitable to all not those who gave because if that is the case, then the ones who give the most would expect the most. Nonsensical really.

Acts 4: 34 For there was not a needy person among them, for all who were owners of land or houses would sell them and bring the proceeds of the sales 35 and lay them at the apostles' feet, and they would be distributed to each as any had need.

What is nonsensical is your own brand of unbiblical drivel. The book of acts clearly recorded that there was not a single needy person among them... that presupposes including both those who had to give (in various dimensions/levels) and those who could not even give at all. But keep up the man-made charade that are your churches today.

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 30, 2014
asalimpo:

you dont understand what d law is? The Law encompasses more than d Ten commandments.
Abraham, gave tithes ,isaac tithed too because He was abraham's seed and in Abraham.
Now, if you're a child of Abraham you ought also to do as ur father abraham did.
You just come here and display whatever it is that is worrying you.
Abraham gave a tenth part of SPOILS OF WAR which negates both your vacuous claim of paying from your income and what the Law you are here chirruping about prescribes .The Law requires you to give a tithe from your produce. How does that tally with Abraham's tithe obtained from a war in which he most likely killed people to get the spoils?
Please tell us where Isaac tithed and the kind of tithe he gave.
Because the only other person who is mentioned in line with a 10th is Jacob who promised to give God a 10th of everything he had but we have no evidence that he fulfilled such promise given that it was not recorded in scripture.
Furthermore, sinve you claim we are Abraham's seed then we should do things he did, e.g. He fought wars, he had sex with his maid and fathered an illegitimate son (who as you know by now is the ancestor of the faith that has tormented us till date), he lied that Sarah was his sister. Why restrict it only to tithe?
Who told you you were a jew in the first place?
You are as a child of God supposed to look unto Jesus the author and finisher of your faith:instead you expose your gullibility by making claims that have no basis just to suppory an erroneous point.
You just mouth of scriptures that are convenient for you even though you cannot understand their implications.

7 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 30, 2014
asalimpo:

perfect... i'm going to gather my servants and slay all my enemies and no one should question me. while i'm at it, i'll sleep with one to my hearts content too.

2 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 30, 2014
davidylan:

perfect... i'm going to gather my servants and slay all my enemies and no one should question me. while i'm at it, i'll sleep with one to my hearts content too.
There are lots of simpletons out there. And these greedy men of themselves or gods of men are just wreaking havoc on their gullibility and force-feeding them with all kinds of doctrines regardless of whether they make any sense.
I do not believe God gave us brains to make us zombies or to be readily subservient to another man just because he is on the podium and makes claims to some kind of calling.
This clown called asalimpo is just a zombie. The same bible we read tells us to try every spirit. Yet he comes here and downloads so much baloney on an issue that is clwarly non-existent.
Abraham can never be the template of the Christian today. Christ Jesus is. Paul asked us to imitaye him just as he imitates Christ. Yet this one is asking us to fo things that Abraham did. Isn't thay being silly?

10 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Alwaystrue(f): 7:12am On Nov 30, 2014
PastorKun:

“I want them to pay me all the money I have given to them since I started churching [fellowshipping] with them.
His demands are not restricted to donations and collection however. The frustrated man insists that even the tithes he paid over the fifteen (15) year period should be returned to him.
Everything. Donations, everything they should refund my money to me. The tithes I am paying is not going to God, it’s going to one particular person and that is the pastor. It is not going to God, it is going to the pastor.”
The peeved man insists that the money he paid should still be in the church coffers and that the money “can never fly”.

I want them to give me my money, he reiterated. “If they do not give me back my money, I will take them to court!”. 
Listen to the man below:

- See more at: http://www.myjoyonline.com/news/2014/November-27th/return-my-tithes-or-face-court-action-man-threatens-church.php#sthash.AtqJ4U5y.dpuf

As usual, we see the hypocritical topic relating just to tithes, meanwhile the man said he wanted ALL his donations and contributions returned back to him.
This just shows the heart of the man and all his givings were unto man and not unto God. No wonder he wants his offerings, tithes and other contributions even for other welfare projects returned to him.

This also shows how the happy OP is shooting himself in the foot as well. He has just confirmed that people should not give to God through the church. One day you will look back at how you ridiculed yourself by your subjective pick and chose way of looking at issues.

The man can as well sue all those he has helped (if he ever did) because he should not be having it this bad if his 'giving was coming back to him' as Jesus said. As i often say it is a thing of the heart....out of the abundance of the heart....

1 Like

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Sharksblow(m): 7:22am On Nov 30, 2014
the man should just let it go.... However, churches should give back to the poor... the tithe is not only meant for the pastors, the poor should have a share of it.
Bring all tithes to my house so that there'll be food in my house... the poor should also come and eat there not to use if to buy agbada, ammunition jets, FG rented jets, BLING BLING, Rolex etc
Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 30, 2014
Alwaystrue:

As usual, we see the hypocritical topic relating just to tithes, meanwhile the man said he wanted ALL his donations and contributions returned back to him.
This just shows the heart of the man and all his givings were unto man and not unto God. No wonder he wants his offerings, tithes and other contributions even for other welfare projects returned to him.

This also shows how the happy OP is shooting himself in the foot as well. He has just confirmed that people should not give to God through the church. One day you will look back at how you ridiculed yourself by your subjective pick and chose way of looking at issues.

The man can as well sue all those he has helped (if he ever did) because he should not be having it this bad if his 'giving was coming back to him' as Jesus said. As i often say it is a thing of the heart....out of the abundance of the heart....

According to Acts 4, the offerings were used to benefit EVERYONE in the church according to his need. Today our offerings go to one man and one man only... the pastor... according to his greed.

4 Likes

Re: Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action by asalimpo(m): 7:39am On Nov 30, 2014
davidylan:

as u wish, you may call God a fool for calling Christians children of Abraham. Get your theology right.
The blessing was to ABRAHAM and his Seed.

Gal 3:29 (If you belong to Christ then are you Abraham's seed ... )

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Prophet Paul Abam Caught Burying Charms In Someone's House In Cross River (Pics) / Sharon Oyakhilome And Husband At Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's 55th Birthday Party / Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.