Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan (36044 Views)

Drama As Dino Melaye Addresses Saraki As Speaker / Picture Of Tambuwal Driving Himself To Work / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Hamazz1: 6:40am On Nov 29, 2014
temitemi1:
Tambuwal n his brothers (apc) are d curse to this great nation. Mr president u deserve d entire votes of south west. GEJ till 2019!!
4get nt Tambuwal did nt vote himself into office he was nominated 2/3 seconded d blme shld be on ur pArty dt hv nt been able garner support for their prefared candidate...

2 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by AcidosisMega: 6:44am On Nov 29, 2014
Obj spent 8years and he built Ota farm & Bells University for the South West people. cool

Under your administration:
Lagos-Ibadan expressway is a work in progress

Ekiti now has a Federal University with ultra-modern facilities

Electricity has improved

Improved workers salary

CAC' office in Lagos has registered more businesses in your administration - 10 times greater than Obj's administration

Under your administration, the number of cars in Lagos has exponentially increased. Infact, FRSC had to increase capacity (both human and physical infrastructure by a 100 fold).

Corp members now compete with their counterparts in the civil service.

+ many others I cannot type here.
Our people should keep deceiving themselves and pretend all they want. smiley

Ondo, Ekiti & Ogun people will massively vote for you, sir. Osun's vote will be divided even though Tinubu promised to use Charm.

...not everyone in Lagos wipes Tinubu's a.rse. If the Yorubas in Lagos refuse to vote for you; a large percentage of Igbos & non-yorubas will
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Posman(m): 6:45am On Nov 29, 2014
BekeeBuAgbara:
The APC E-warriors have started again boasting that GEJ won't get South West votes.

Initially they said PDP was dead in South West but when the same PDP ''massacred'' their party APC 16-0 in Ekiti election, the sore losers alleged PDP collaborated with INEC to use ''photo chromic ballot papers and vanishing ink'' to rig the election, till today they haven't provided any evidence to back their baseless allegations.

Making noise on social media won't prevent GEJ from winning again.

and we've all seen the result of the ekiti pple's foolishness.
Wat have u got to say bout osun election?

4 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by GraceInUSA: 6:50am On Nov 29, 2014
I dont think GEJ has anything to offer. He's spent 6years in office with little/nothing to show for it, even the 4years would make no difference.

5 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by legendsilver(m): 6:51am On Nov 29, 2014
disloman:
Keep dreaming
Leave that one jawe, even him family go vote out GEJ
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by thegoodone2(m): 6:51am On Nov 29, 2014
OneDy:
He assured that he would continue to cherish the contribution of the Yoruba race alongside people from other parts of the country and promised never to leave the region behind in the developmental programmes of his administration, while hinting that booklets that would contain all his achievements in all the regions of the country would be developed

I laugh at the bolded. You need to print booklets to list what you have achieved in 5 years of Governance? Really?
most of things u think ur governor did was done by GEJ so he need to let u know.
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 29, 2014
Eeeya! Pele o! ...4rm i was shoeless to regret tambuwal bla-bla! Com' on grow up & try another phrase cos this can't hoodwink us!

3 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by philips70(m): 6:55am On Nov 29, 2014
[b]When they get to the southwest they insult the northerners. When they get to the southeast they insult the southwesterners. When they are in the north they insult the people of the southeast. PDP have so much gained from divisive politics in this dispensation. What baffles me is the people of the north who still want to vote the PDP after all the unprintable names they have been called by the southern members of this party.

Let GEJ be reminded that for once the house of reps decided to go with who fits the bill rather than play politics of mediocrity and ethnicity which was used to foist him on all of us despite all signs of incompetence and mediocrity surrounding him. That is the sole reason why we are here today. I urge the next house to do the same by selecting the best man for the job no matter where he/she comes from. It's time PDP stopped deciding the fate of 170million Nigerians with the kind of undemocratic politics they play where ethnicity, religion is put above competence and experience.[/b]

8 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by holatin(m): 6:55am On Nov 29, 2014
we regret the having you too as the President of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Themandator: 6:57am On Nov 29, 2014
OneDy:
He assured that he would continue to cherish the contribution of the Yoruba race alongside people from other parts of the country and promised never to leave the region behind in the developmental programmes of his administration, while hinting that booklets that would contain all his achievements in all the regions of the country would be developed

I laugh at the bolded. You need to print booklets to list what you have achieved in 5 years of Governance? Really?

Your laugh is hardly a good response.. People who believe that performance is limited to tarring the road in front of their home need see that one that takes care of the interest of a greater nnumber has been constructed elsewhere
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Ayus34(m): 6:58am On Nov 29, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
Too late to shed crocodile tears. What did you do
when a PDP leader was calling the APC a yoruba
amala and ewedu party in anambra? You were
seated there urging them on as they ridiculed
awolowo. His spirit gave you a taste of disgrace to
come when you visited a great university named
after him, as the students chanted and called you
and your cohorts thieves. Where's our lagos-ibadan
expressway? Is it now you want to repair all the
junk federal roads in lagos? Oh, you suddenly
realised that the votes from SS and SE can't help
you retain aso rock so you now. need those of the
SW. I thought those 2 regions were the pillar of
your government as you proudly announced to the
world as if they were the only regions you that got
you elected. Even if they were, should a president
be making such divisive statements? I was never a
tribalist but you woke up my tribal conscience. We
are glad tambuwal became the speaker cos we
yorubas aren't fools. That seat was a bargain for
the huge political relevance we are enjoying today.
Who doesn't know that having a yoruba man there
via the fraudulent PDP zoning would have favoured
you and only you as he would do your bidding just as
the senate has been doing? The Mulikat you wanted
to install is from my constituency in ogbomosho and
I was on ground in 2011 when she came begging to
be re-elected as she shared N500 notes to the
people and dropped a transformer too weak to
carry the load of the neighborhood. Her brake light
hasn't been seen since then. That's enough to show
you that you would have just empowered an
individual yoruba instead of the whole of them.
What did patricia etteh and dimeji bankole benefit
the yorubas? They only enriched themselves. Your
government enriches individuals only. We are not
like fools who sing your praises cos you gave their
tribes men political posts. What we want are
developments. Am glad you failed in installing
mulikat cos we would have faced the kind of
thuggery the fayose you gave federal backing is
delivery to the ekiti people. I hear you are bringing
obanikoro for lagos. Bring it on! Why do you
associate yourself with thugs, fraudsters, drug
barons, militants and looters? Mr president, you
disappointed not only the yorubas but also sane
nigerians. We voted massively for you in 2011, am
sorry to say this in tears: you won't have our votes
anymore.
if I ever vote for him. .......may I know no peace in my life!
Jonathan is a fraud to democracy. .....him telling the world he didn't want to bring the list of his achievement in the southwest......so the achievement is so much that he can't name and still yet the southwest is not still another mini USA in Nigeria?
this guy is a FRAUD!!!

8 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by gratiaeo(m): 7:01am On Nov 29, 2014
Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo for GEJ
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by legendsilver(m): 7:02am On Nov 29, 2014
AcidosisMega:
Obj spent 8years and he built Ota farm & Bells University for the South West people. cool

Electricity has improved

Improved workers salary

CAC' office in Lagos has registered more businesses in your administration - 10 times greater than Obj's administration

Under your administration, the number of cars in Lagos has exponentially increased. Infact, FRSC had to increase capacity (both human and physical infrastructure by a 100 fold).

Ondo, Ekiti & Ogun people will massively vote for you, sir. Osun's vote will be divided even though Tinubu promised to use Charm.

...not everyone in Lagos wipes Tinubu's a.rse. If the Yorubas in Lagos refuse to vote for you; a large percentage of Igbos & non-yorubas will
Is these all?
I thought you will add the following;
1) Fuel subsidy saga Jan 1st
2) The 250m stella used to buy cars
3) The NGF struggle where 16>19
4) The impeachment threat to opposition parties governor
5) The Rivers house of assemble saga
6) The Alatenuje(Ekiti) state saga
7) The Nigeria custom frauds
cool The girls kidnapped in NE
9) The NASS crisis
E.t.c
Bros, are these also not your GEJ achievements?

6 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by legendsilver(m): 7:04am On Nov 29, 2014
gratiaeo:
Lagos, Ogun, Ekiti, Ondo for GEJ
dey there dey dream o! I pity the wave that will blow you away grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Lavidah: 7:16am On Nov 29, 2014
YoursGEJ this your statement ''Let that baboon Okupe come and arrest me for calling the drunk fisherman a drunk fisherman.'' has made me laugh so much this morning. You just made my day. lolestcheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by PStacks(m): 7:17am On Nov 29, 2014
ceo4eva:

So GEJ has the support of the South West rulers?

Don't u give support to where and what u eat from..

South west does not support gej, its the corrupt few that eats from the corrupt put u c showing support, don't forget bode george has a permanent room in kiri-kiri prisons,

4 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 29, 2014
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 29, 2014
Jonah suceeded dividing the Yoruba Divded Nation (YDN). That is saTAN's plan for them. congratulations
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by rusher14: 7:26am On Nov 29, 2014
Nattygeneral:
YOU are A BIG FOOL! Infact The BIGGEST FOOL Ever. Berra Don't Let Your One Vote Count Just Cos Of Your Stupidity & Frustration About GEJ's Government. Sit At Home & Don't Vote Plz!. It's Your Type That Will End Up Dieing On An Election Ground Cos Of Your Baseless Talks!. take Heed Now. GEJ Has Done More Than Any Other Administrations!.

You Ba$tards Should Stop Ranting; "Nigerians Are Not Blind" Stop Generalizing!. My Own Opininon May Differ From Yours!. Rather, Use "I Am Not Blind". All Man For Himself...You Cannot Answer For Me!. I Choose To Cast My Own Vote For My Choice & That Is Non Of Your Biz. I'd Endorse GEJ Till 2019. You Guys Wanna Bring A Northerner Again??. Are You Fools?? Are You So Blinded??. Are You Okay??. Now I Know NL Is Full Of Low Lives Idiots!. That Claim To Know Politics. You Know Nothing.. Cos I'd Be Ready To End Most Of Your Lives On That Day!. BLOOD Will FLOW!. It's Not A Threat. It's The Fact!. So Just Quietly Vote & Go Home On That Day. 2015 Would Be Bloody. So All These Politics Wannabees, Tell Your Fathers Especially That Can Run Mouths About Politics. Be Careful!. Many Of You Would Go Down For Us To Come Up!. & That Is Nigerian Politics For You. It's Not By Choice! It's By Force!. Take It Or Leave It.

#GEJTill2019.
Damn!!
You sound really convincing.
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by RebelLeader15(m): 7:26am On Nov 29, 2014
Lilaex:
It is either the person under me is stup.id or illiteracy is at it peak. The leaders of south west are endorsing him and u are hear saying crap!

I don't understand you oooo. Are you saying that Jimoh Ibrahim, Sen Okunrounmu, Sen Musiliu Obanikoro, Ayo Fayose etc are the leaders of South West?

Then you must be suffering from Werelistic-Madness.

Apart from the Oni who is the Traditional ruler of the village where that gluttonic double corn eater (IYIOLA OMISORE) come from. Bros tell me other high Traditional leaders who are present?

Is Jimoh Ibrahim (the bastard who doesn't greet his father or want to see his siblings) the leader of Yoruba land?

Alagba, you Bleep up

2 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Dasini: 7:29am On Nov 29, 2014
Larryupsy:
I might not be aware of everything,but one thing I'm aware and very confident of is that Jonathan can never win SW.Na Jonah I just pity becos if the likes of Ebenezer Babatope, Gbenga Daniel and Okunrounmu who cannot even deliver a ward, is promising him 7 million votes,Then he must be sitting on a long thing.

U've said it all, he rolls around with people who are politically weightless, imagine him presenting jimoh ibrahim as political bigwig, mind u,this guy is known for bussiness and nt politic. I doubt if that guy can pull a thousand crowd, how much more old politician like babatope and okunroumu who have added no value to south west while they had power. Or a criminal lik gbenga daniel, whose political forune has waned. the bad reception given to him by OAU students is a clear demostration that he should prepare to pack his load from Aso-rock come 2015. He should face reality, how can u win election when u only have support from two of the smallest regions in the nation. I watch and see,bt I pray he doesn't plunge the nation into chaos, cos all jonathan is after is rigging,and we are beginning to see with how institutions of government( police, sss ) are being partisan. I pray 2015 doesn't turn out to be violent.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by RebelLeader15(m): 7:33am On Nov 29, 2014
AcidosisMega:

Electricity has improved

Improved workers salary

Bros, is it the Ondo State where hunger and squalor are in everywhere that will vote GEJ?

Ondo state citizens are tired of Mimiko to start with, and I blive if there is any APC strong candidate in Ondo State, they will prefer to vote for him.

Shame on you

2 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by smsshola(m): 7:33am On Nov 29, 2014
Pls someone shu also sound d trumpet to ds drunk man dt we also regret having him as our president...ooh wh is best is it having Yoruba as a speaker wtout achievement or corrupt Yoruba like Bankole or Etta gate issue..he think we prefer a corrupt mind to an achiever in d west..hmmm we kno who is our leader and those dt rule us...nonsense am from d west an not move wt ds sermon of a drunk man dt is always based on promises...dt refer corruption as stealing mtchew oooo most time I am always elated reading Fashola speech...He show u d statistics nd giv u hope as a youth nd believe we still av a leader.

1 Like

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by banki(m): 7:33am On Nov 29, 2014
AcidosisMega:
Obasanjo spent 8years and he built Ota farm & Bells University for the South West people. cool

Electricity has improved

Improved workers salary

Ondo, Ekiti & Ogun people will massively vote for you, sir. Osun's vote will be divided even though Tinubu promised to use Charms,Sango & Oya.

...not everyone in Lagos wipes Tinubu's a.rse. If the Yorubas in Lagos refuse to vote for you; a large percentage of Igbos & non-yorubas will.

Was Obasanjo not a member of PDP,
You forget that another president built the lagos-ibadan expressway, when he had the same windfall your dear jonathan had
please which one did Jonathan start and complete in 6 years.........

why should any ibo man vote GEJ, the roads in the South East are still in a horrible state I went to Enugu through Awka I went to Abakiliki, I went to Oweeri and Aba in the last two weeks the roads are still bad , He only succeeded in empowering his friends, how many new jobs did he create for south easterners

What do you mean CAC now registers more people than during the time of OBJ is that an achievement? How much has GEJs administration earned as compared to other administration

What is bad is bad enough of this government, imagine the people that come to talk about the good works of GEJ, people like Gbenga Daniels, people like Jimoh Ibrahim,

5 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Dalastd123: 7:34am On Nov 29, 2014
OneDy:

so he shld write a textbook on it

1 Like

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by mamajohn(f): 7:38am On Nov 29, 2014
ceo4eva:

So GEJ has the support of the South West rulers?
Yes South West rulers but not South West people. These rulers must chop Na. PDP has already lost Ondo State where Mr Ebola has just invaded the party killing all former and new members, hahaha, GEJ is a joker, a goner. Who are the Yoruba traditional rulers? Awujale of Ijebuland, Alaafin of Oyo and Oba of Lagos are not part of them abi? I laugh sha. So Jimoh Ibrahim who cannot win councillorship election in his home town has become an emergency political analyst and mobilizer for GEJ? Ah! Jona! Jonah!!! Jonathan!!! How many times did I call you? It is better you start campaign in SW yourself instead of these liabilities. Iroko of Ondo State has fallen from grace to grass with the people of Ondo State, Bode the ex-convict is your new godfather in the SW, now Jimoh the crafty entrepreneur is your mobilizer? I say in Usoko tongue, you don't finish!

3 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Rexyl(m): 7:38am On Nov 29, 2014
Pray the story of Nigeria will not be like that of Egypt. SW had the rights and slot to produce the speaker, but certain politicians prevailed over the process for selfish interests and ensured emergence of Tambuwa.

Thereafter these people and their supporters were of the opinion, "this we want, that we don't". If everything should go otherwise again I am afraid if the case of Nigeria will not be like that of Egypt.
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 29, 2014
coded01:
Its too late Mr. President... undecided

Less I forget, we as Nigerians regret having a toothless leader as you... angry

(1) Over 200 chibok girls are still not found

(2) Value of Naira is degrading everyday

(3) School fees are on the rise

(4) Standard of living is stagnant and in most cases below poverty level

(5) Nigeria is losing her people everyday to these blood sucking demons

^^^ Let me stop here cos this thread won't contain everything... angry

Yet Mr. President is still campaigning... shocked SMH... embarassed angry
No oo he should not campaign, our former government made Nigeria economy reliant on petroleum, now petroleum price has fallen, Naira value has also fallen, so how is these his fault. Besides, he's the only Nigerian president supporting the Agricultural sector, pls learn to listen news.

So its Jonathan that has been increasing school fees, is Jonathan the governor of Lagos and Ogun?

Standard of living ke? Bros Nigeria is a fertile ground, if you no see employment, start your own well planned business and stop blaming government.

What has the government not done against boko haram? They've funded the military, done peace talk, yet those guys won't stop. What else do you want? He should carry gun by himself abi.

Give me another reason of hating abeg

1 Like

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:44am On Nov 29, 2014
manutdadex:
pls how? Go back and read again...let me help u! He assured that he would continue to cherish
the contribution of the Yoruba race
alongside people from other parts of the
country
You mean the same Yoruba tribe he described as having rascals during his campaign in Ibadan in 2011? One thing the President is unaware of is that Yoruba people respect their oba, but no oba can lord anything on his subjects. If he tries it, it will be resisted. In my Government classes in secondary school, I learnt that one of the reasons the Indirect Rule didn't record much success was because of the academic advancement of the Yoruba people which made them, unlike the Hausa/Fulani, resisted any oba that tried to lord anything on them.

3 Likes

Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by thunder74(m): 7:45am On Nov 29, 2014
soroptimist:
Sometimes i laugh at the juvenile thought-process of this 'tata' President that we have talking as if everyone/party must assist the PDP achieve its zoning policy even if its realisation will eventually hurt the existence of other party

What kind of a baby politician is GEJ who should be ashamed that his PDP Rep members betrayed him and his party by listening and following an opposition backed member than someone the party supports. Does that not signpost a lack of leadership quality in the so-called leader of the party that GEJ is?

Before anyone scoff at ACN's role in the emergence of Tambuwal,the fact remains that politics is about interest and the interest of ACN then was to make sure PDP does not have a foothold in the SW using every permissible political tactics

GEJ should quit sounding like a rain-beaten child and tell himself the home truth of the fact that he lacks the charisma to make people do his bidding. The reason people still defer to GEJ today is because he has the power to dispense political patronage n contracts

ACN's support of Tambuwal was done with a self preservation mindset at heart. It would be foolhardy to allow PDP produce a speaker that will be antagonistic and stiffling of its members potentials even if the person is a yoruba woman

Dimeji Bankole and Olubunmi Etteh's inglorious roles as Speakers of SW descent is still fresh in our memories

I beg to differ slightly sir, the issue you raised is not about ACN or PDP Reps betrayal but regional greed. The party zoned the speaker's office to the South West, yet the North used their numbers to hijack it, when you add their numbers and with the majority of APC/ACN from the west, they can achieve whatever they want. That is the reason I guess Jonathan does not want to table the National Conference report now bc the north will kill it with number strength while West APC members will join them notwithstanding the benefit to the region, just to continue to blackmail GEJ As a failure.

Imagine what would have happened if it was the north that the position was zoned to and another region hijacked it? Ordinary that Jonathan constitutionally finished the tenure of Yar Adua and stood for another election, see where we are now with most of the decampees, crisis, antagonism, insecurity coming from the North and Northerners with the support of the opposition party from the west and south.
Yet the North has:
Vice president
Senate President
"Speaker" of the House
Chief Justice of Nigeria
Chief of Army Staff
National Security Adviser
Chief of Defence
Inspector General of Police
Etc and the only position occupied by the South is being threatened daily and the one zoned to the west was hijacked by the North.
Re: I Regret the Emergence of Tambuwal as Speaker - President Jonathan by ogunniyi2: 7:47am On Nov 29, 2014
M4gunners:
No you regret not we,because i don't regret having him as my president and will still want him back if APC can't provides a better candidate.
GEJ must explain to Nigerian and the whole world why he prefer associating with criminals,tug,militants ,fugitive,fraudsters...he must tell us why he prefer political alliance with people of questionable character.he must explain why he prefer to use tribal and religion sentiment as his capaign strategy.he must explain why he has been scheming Yoruba out of his administration.he must explain why he turned Yoruba into fuddle and fiddle...as if we are alien.he should explain why he pretends as he is nice where as he is not....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kanu: I Am Not A Politician, I Am Repaying Tinubu For His Generosity / Pictures Of President Bola Tinubu And Governor Sanwo-Olu In Qatar / Nigerian Power Plants To Shut Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.