Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,717 members, 7,865,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:58 AM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (661495 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2016
armyofone:
So The Battle Of Gettysburg per Uncle Trump 2 weeks to the election is what people want to hear? Was that the winning game?
So all his policies all the while doesn't count?
Aha, saving private Trump.
The Bigoted one is done. He started his speech by blaming Blacks and Latinos. What a pice of garbage he is. Can't wait for the Charlatan to go away for good after November 8.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2016
The misogynistic piece of poo was threatening to sue the women who accused him of sexual harassment after the election. There is nothing the low life won't do. At least, he's admitting he's going to lose on November 8. What a shame a con artist is the face of the Republican party.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by missjo(f): 6:03pm On Oct 22, 2016
LOL
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2016
The startling revelation of d O'Keeffe video was shocking, but Corrupt CNN twisted d whole facts into branding O'keeffe as been "discredited", including Project Veritas, Lol, these media personnels won't seize to amaze with their unashamed bias.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 7:07pm On Oct 22, 2016
Missy89:

Yes. If anything should be changed, they made provisions for constitutional amendments that must the agreed upon by every state and not 9 men in black robes or presidential decrees.

The Constitution is built upon a profound skepticism about the ability of any political arrangement to overcome the limitations of human reason and human nature, and so establishes a system of checks to prevent sudden large mistakes while enabling gradual changes supported by a broad and longstanding consensus. That is why it is always a better idea for states to decided certain laws and other states can learn from it instead of forcing a law down everyone's throat at the same time. The founders understood that and planned for it.

There's also the tyranny of power when one political party controls 31 states and 70 state legislative chambers.So No,some decisions should not be left in the hands of the state.

While we can agree that the constitution should be a living document subject to the amendment process but we know that can't work when the political ideology from majority of the states would win over any other argument.If you want to keep the constitution static you ignore the changes that have taken place in America the past 200 years.Slavery,disenfranchisement of women to vote or hold public office,the rights of people of color are denied when you keep the constitution the way it is.

The founding fathers intended the Constitution be changed by the will of the people to reflect the realities of the future.The will of the people here is electing a legitimate President to public office and appoint Justices to the Supreme Court to uphold the law and guarantee every American has the same right,freedom and equality which cannot be trusted to the hands of the state to do as they please as there will not be a consensus on what rights should be respected,the freedom of citizens would not be clearly defined and the system will continually be rigged against certain people-minorities and even women,throwing away the place of equality.

The constitution should not be strictly interpreted ever.The constitution itself is a compromise between the founding fathers during their time.Today,that compromise would not be reached when there's a deep ideological divide across the country.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 7:09pm On Oct 22, 2016
Missy89:

I call BS on that. Bill Clinton and Jimmy carter won the south, Urban cities in the south have democrat mayors and most congressional districts were democrat until the late 80s. Besides, there is deep south and there are states like Maryland, Virginia, Texas Florida and the North Carolina that are not in the deep south. Deep south states like Mississippi and Alabama congressional districts were democrat until the late 80s when the boomers became the larger electorate there.
I particularly have a problem with the Deep South not the South generally.The conservative base of the Deep South has shifted far away from objectivity and reason which continually threatens a healthy political discussion.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 7:15pm On Oct 22, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Please don't give the Republicons heart failure. You know what Obama name does to their heart.
Republicans worse nightmare grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 8:13pm On Oct 22, 2016
obixcel:
The startling revelation of d O'Keeffe video was shocking, but Corrupt CNN twisted d whole facts into branding O'keeffe as been "discredited", including Project Veritas, Lol, these media personnels won't seize to amaze with their unashamed bias.
From your village in Nigeria, you know that the American media is biased. Two more weeks for you and your worthless rants to disappear.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by uniklinkum(m): 8:18pm On Oct 22, 2016
obixcel:

Stop whining and get a life, bad enough losers like you don't even have a vote. Please uncle Sam can you help the house with drumpf policies concerning health, education, climate change and blue on black shootings.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by mojeer678: 9:54pm On Oct 22, 2016

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by mojeer678: 9:56pm On Oct 22, 2016
obixcel:

It's a simple choice; an either/or proposition.

Chickens coming home to roost!

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 10:32pm On Oct 22, 2016
mojeer678:

Certified Whacko on the loose. I doubt there is a physchiatric hospital in Nigeria that can treat you. I know one in Chicago that can treat you but unfortunately you can't afford their payment. I feel sad for your neighbors who have to deal with you.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 22, 2016
Missy89:

I call BS on that. Bill Clinton and Jimmy carter won the south, Urban cities in the south have democrat mayors and most congressional districts were democrat until the late 80s. Besides, there is deep south and there are states like Maryland, Virginia, Texas Florida and the North Carolina that are not in the deep south. Deep south states like Mississippi and Alabama congressional districts were democrat until the late 80s when the boomers became the larger electorate there.

Babie, stop arguing with that Jewish slob; leave Bill clinton & Jimmy carter to rot in Hell. grin

I'm addicted to you, sweedy. grin cheesy grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcj9O-Cv48c

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 11:30pm On Oct 22, 2016
Zoharariel:

Babie, stop arguing with that Jewish slob; leave Bill clinton & Jimmy carter to rot in Hell. grin

I'm addicted to you, sweedy. grin cheesy grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcj9O-Cv48c
Pervert.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 22, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Pervert.
Watch your mouth Lucas. grin

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 23, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Pervert.

Jealousy really is a strong feeling...cmon Uncle Tom...you a funny old man with decent intellect, don't disgrace yourself in tomfoolery because of a lady grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 12:13am On Oct 23, 2016
Wingback:

Jealousy really is a strong feeling...cmon Uncle Tom...you a funny old man with decent intellect, don't disgrace yourself in tomfoolery because of a lady grin
Ya'll perverts love to defend each other. Why don't ya all go get married and leave the beautiful ladies on Nairaland alone. They are all above y'all grade level.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 23, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Ya'll perverts love to defend each other. Why don't ya all go get married and leave the beautiful ladies on Nairaland alone. They are all above y'all grade level.

I don't flirt with girls on NL bar 1...You really funny Uncle Tom, I am no pervert, too busy Chasing the American Dream...See when I grow up, I wanna be just like you except voting stupid people wink

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 12:23am On Oct 23, 2016
Wingback:

I don't flirt with girls on NL bar 1...You really funny Uncle Tom, I am no pervert, too busy Chasing the American Dream...See when I grow up, I wanna be just like you except voting stupid people wink
I don't trust you because your fellow pervert told me that he grew up in Ijebuland with you chasing those young girls. Don't hate me for that. Set him straight on that. He said that's why you always take his side when I call him a pervert.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 12:55am On Oct 23, 2016
Lucasbalo:
I don't trust you because your fellow pervert told me that he grew up in Ijebuland with you chasing those young girls. Don't hate me for that. Set him straight on that. He said that's why you always take his side when I call him a pervert.

LMFAO...I am not on anyone's side, you always call him pervert cuz you jealous and the fvck is ijebuland cheesy

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 1:24am On Oct 23, 2016
mojeer678:

It's a simple choice; an either/or proposition.

Chickens coming home to roost!

go easy on the infowars

trump the bone spur draft dodger suddenly becoming a five star general cheesy cheesy cheesy

what happened - he started trump point war college, graduated and became an instant general cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 2:03am On Oct 23, 2016
ValerianSteel:
There's also the tyranny of power when one political party controls 31 states and 70 state legislative chambers.So No,some decisions should not be left in the hands of the state.

While we can agree that the constitution should be a living document subject to the amendment process but we know that can't work when the political ideology from majority of the states would win over any other argument.If you want to keep the constitution static you ignore the changes that have taken place in America the past 200 years.Slavery,disenfranchisement of women to vote or hold public office,the rights of people of color are denied when you keep the constitution the way it is.

The founding fathers intended the Constitution be changed by the will of the people to reflect the realities of the future.The will of the people here is electing a legitimate President to public office and appoint Justices to the Supreme Court to uphold the law and guarantee every American has the same right,freedom and equality which cannot be trusted to the hands of the state to do as they please as there will not be a consensus on what rights should be respected,the freedom of citizens would not be clearly defined and the system will continually be rigged against certain people-minorities and even women,throwing away the place of equality.

The constitution should not be strictly interpreted ever.The constitution itself is a compromise between the founding fathers during their time.Today,that compromise would not be reached when there's a deep ideological divide across the country.

The bolded is just false and shows you dont really understand how this country was founded. The founders NEVER wanted the president to appoint judges that will make laws from the bench and the only purpose of the supreme court is to interpret the constitution. If you read what they wrote the made that clear.

Experts should not govern, nor should the people do so directly, but rather the people’s representatives should govern in a system filled with mediating institutions and opposing interests — a system designed to force us to see problems and proposed solutions from a variety of angles simultaneously and, as Alexander Hamilton puts it in Federalist 73, “to increase the chances in favor of the community against the passing of bad laws through haste, inadvertence, or design.”

Federalist 63, James Madison says plainly that the constitutional architecture involves “the total exclusion of the people in their collective capacity” from directly governing. The democratic elements of the Constitution are intended to be checks on the power of government, not expressions of trust in the wisdom of the public as a whole. And even as checks, these elements are imperfect. As Madison argues in Federalist 51, “A dependence on the people is no doubt the primary control on the government, but experience has taught mankind the necessity of auxiliary precautions.

The framers were disdainful of the potential of technocratic know-it-alls whose abstract expertise was often of value only in what Hamilton calls, in Federalist 28, “the reveries of those political doctors whose sagacity disdains the admonitions of experimental instruction.” And even men with expertise in administration should not be given too much power. In Federalist 68, Hamilton argues that, while good administration is very important, the idea that the best-administered regime is the best regime is a “political heresy.” There is much more to government than administration.

So you are absolutely wrong. They did not want people to elect a president that will appoint judges that suits his ideology. Did you say freedom cannot be trusted in the hands of the state? What exactly do you mean?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:22am On Oct 23, 2016
Hillary for president and my beloved Chicago Cubs just won the National League Penant and on the way to the World Series. Go Hillary and go Chicago Cubs.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 23, 2016
grin grin grin...Uncle Ruckus looking ass

My name is Lucasbalò and I'm voting for Hilary

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 23, 2016
Na wa o. Isn't the election going to be rigged?
CHICAGO — Early voting in Illinois got off to a rocky start Monday, as votes being cast for Republican candidates were transformed into votes for Democrats.

Republican state representative candidate Jim Moynihan went to vote Monday at the Schaumburg Public Library.

“I tried to cast a vote for myself and instead it cast the vote for my opponent,” Moynihan said. “You could imagine my surprise as the same thing happened with a number of races when I tried to vote for a Republican and the machine registered a vote for a Democrat.”

The conservative website Illinois Review reported that “While using a touch screen voting machine in Schaumburg, Moynihan voted for several races on the ballot, only to find that whenever he voted for a Republican candidate, the machine registered the vote for a Democrat in the same race. He notified the election judge at his polling place and demonstrated that it continued to cast a vote for the opposing candidate’s party. Moynihan was eventually allowed to vote for Republican candidates, including his own race.

Moynihan offered this gracious lesson to his followers on Twitter: “Be careful when you vote in Illinois. Make sure you take the time to check your votes before submitting.”

Cook County Board of Elections Deputy Communications Director Jim Scalzitti, told Illinois Watchdog, the machine was taken out of service and tested.

“This was a calibration error of the touch-screen on the machine,” Scalzitti said. “When Mr. Moynihan used the touch-screen, it improperly assigned his votes due to improper calibration.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/22/calibration-error-changes-gop-votes-to-dem-in-illinois-county.html
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 23, 2016
SerRento:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/10/22/calibration-error-changes-gop-votes-to-dem-in-illinois-county.html

These blood-sucking vampires have already perfected plans to rig Trump back to his Trump Tower. grin cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by uniklinkum(m): 4:17pm On Oct 23, 2016
SerRento:

Fauxnews again, y'all numbskull should get a life and slow down on the brain damage indoctrination from Alex Jones and the other maniacs.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 23, 2016
Zoharariel:

These blood-sucking vampires have already perfected plans to rig Trump back to his Trump Tower. grin cheesy grin

I dey tell you. It's been reported that George Soros' machines are going to be used in 16 states. Trump go try before he win.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 23, 2016
uniklinkum:

Fauxnews again, y'all numbskull should get a life and slow down on the brain damage indoctrination from Alex Jones and the other maniacs.

You're not a numbskull but you cannot put forth argument to discredit the news. Mumu. Bit if I bring CNN news here, I instantly become a genius, right? You're dead but you don't know it yet.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 4:57pm On Oct 23, 2016
uniklinkum:

They are surely numbskulls. They believe the junk that Faux News is dishing out. How come Faux News is the only News outlet reporting the junk news. I live only 15 minutes away from the city mentioned and no Chicago news outlet is reporting that junky garbage the Foreigners for Tramp are dishing out. They will go back to their caves after the election in November.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:03pm On Oct 23, 2016
SerRento:

You're not a numbskull but you cannot put forth argument to discredit the news. Mumu. Bit if I bring CNN news here, I instantly become a genius, right? You're dead but you don't know it yet.
I live in Chicagoland, and your news from Faux News has no credibility. Infact, I live in Oak Park , Illinois which is about 15 to 20 minutes from Schaumburg and nothing is heard about this case except Faux News that's a Right Wing racist Network. Tell me something new. People like you who have no ball in the game are just wasting your energy. Racist Tramp will lose in a landslide unseen in American Presidential election before.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by uniklinkum(m): 6:17pm On Oct 23, 2016
SerRento:

You are a brain dead scumbag fathered by dummbell like drumpf. So you want me to believe bullshit by low lives scumbag like fauxnews, Alex Jones and brebeit.The same network that have gone full time racist and misinformation since Barak became president. The same network where the dumbass Sean Hannity have been defending the lie of drumpf not supporting the invasion in Iraq. The whole mass of waste in your cranium should be exchange for a pot of porridge.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (539)

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.