Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (655080 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by BigIyanga: 1:37pm On Nov 19, 2016
Toks2008:

What is this epistle all about?

What does supreme court of America represent? Apparently not Somalia but united states so when I say Obama signed it into law I was simply implying that the POTUS agreed to the ruling and even hailed the decision.

"In a 2011 letter to members of Congress, Obama said same-sex marriage bans were unconstitutional .
"Real change is possible," he said "America should be very proud."

President Obama said this after the supreme court ruling.
✔ @POTUS
Today is a big step in our march toward equality. Gay and lesbian couples now have the right to marry, just like anyone else. #

And regarding your last paragraph I will want to crave your indulgence to the fact that you are not an American and you will never be except you are white so stop fooling yourself.
Stop dashing ignorance from the abundance of your stupidity. Ther is a clear separation of power here. Just like when the US S. Court ruled that a black woman can marry herbwhite lover ( Loving v Virginia) it became laws of the land.
Same way the Court outlawed segregation in school and it became the laws of the land

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Appleyard(m): 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2016
obixcel:
We're still waiting for d cry babies to provide proof DAT Russian manipulated or influenced d election.
the can only prove nothing!
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 19, 2016
BigIyanga:

Stop dashing ignorance from the abundance of your stupidity. Ther is a clear separation of power here. Just like when the US S. Court ruled that a black woman can marry herbwhite lover ( Loving v Virginia) it became laws of the land.
Same way the Court outlawed segregation in school and it became the laws of the land

I think you are quick to judgement and that is not a very smart thing to do.

From what I could infer from the guy's post, his position borders on the fact that Obama openly supported the S.Court ruling. Even if Obama couldn't stop it, if he was against it he could have as well made his displeasure known.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Toks2008(m): 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2016
SmartyPants:

If there are better European countries, then it is as simple as take your 50 k and go apply for a visa somewhere else. Why you harassing people to enter their country?? They've told you visa is not guaranteed so how is it a scam?

And hope you know it is the high numbers of your countrymen spamming them with visa applications (much of which are fraudulent) that are the cause of the high fees?

And how do they know which application is fraudulent?

Is it by their warped psychological interview? how come sane countries like U.K and Canada scrutinize and verify documents?

please go somewhere and park well ...many of you start talking pooh once you are granted temporary stay or citizenship...I repeat..I have no hard feelings against the U.S as a country or the people but they are clear representation of fraud expecially in visa application process..Quote me in white house.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Toks2008(m): 2:10pm On Nov 19, 2016
woodcook:

From what I could infer from the guy's post, his position borders on the fact that Obama openly supported the S.Court ruling. Even if Obama couldn't stop it, if he was against it he could have as well made his displeasure known.

GOD bless you bro. .. please don't blame him...in his mind he has become a full blooded American.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 19, 2016
Toks2008:

GOD bless you bro. .. please don't blame him...in his mind he has become a full blooded American.

'No mind' those Nigerian-Americans that are more American than the Native Americans.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2016
Orikinla:

You are ignorant of Donald Trump.

On election night, Omarosa told The Hollywood Reporter that Trump asked her if she was "ready to come with me to Washington." On Wednesday, she tweeted a picture of herself with a poster of Trump. "My last briefing as senior adviser to #realDonaldTrump for campaign."
one sure thing about Trump is that he loves beautiful women irregardless of their race or creed.mr trump aka the p**sy grabber grin.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by BigIyanga: 4:28pm On Nov 19, 2016
woodcook:

You dont get it! US politicians respect the law!! Did you see AL Gore making public statement against the US Court that gave thd presidency to Bush even though he won the popular vote??
BTW, Donald Trump called gay marriage " setlled law " and he will abide by the ruling.
BTW, Clinton passed passed DOMA( defense of marriage act) and was struck down by the same court.
In law, it's called stare decisis, Google it!

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by BigIyanga: 4:30pm On Nov 19, 2016
Toks2008:

Apparently your foolishness knows no bounds.

Read my post again and try to understand my point mr America....
Facts, logic and common sense arent operational in your realm of thought.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by BigIyanga: 4:40pm On Nov 19, 2016
Toks2008:

Always invoking God's name for nothing! Naija with its sanctimonious religiousity, is the worst place to live in. It has over 11m kids not enrolled in school and not to talk about number of abandoned kids. So hypocritical that we only love "marriage" to f_uck and make babies, but not take care of babie. It has one of the worst infant mortality rates in the world, ten thousands of kids die each year, but your politrickians dont givr a fu_ck because their wives, girlfriends,concubines and relatives can have their delivered in thr US Naija is a religous country peopled by ungodly citizens!'

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 19, 2016
BigIyanga:

You dont get it! US politicians respect the law!! Did you see AL Gore making public statement against the US Court that gave thd presidency to Bush even though he won the popular vote??
BTW, Donald Trump called gay marriage " setlled law " and he will abide by the ruling.
BTW, Clinton passed passed DOMA( defense of marriage act) and was struck down by the same court.
In law, it's called stare decisis, Google it!

I got it, you are the one that doesn't seem to get it, I only explained to you what the guy meant since you couldn't infer correctly. In stead of accepting that you made a hsten conclusion about his position and address his concern accordingly you are trying to lecture me.

Ova sabi sabi na him u be. grin grin
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 19, 2016
BigIyanga:

Always invoking God's name for nothing! Naija with its sanctimonious religiousity, is the worst place to live in. It has over 11m kids not enrolled in school and not to talk about number of abandoned kids. So hypocritical that we only love "marriage" to f_uck and make babies, but not take care of babie. It has one of the worst infant mortality rates in the world, ten thousands of kids die each year, but your politrickians dont givr a fu_ck because their wives, girlfriends,concubines and relatives can have their delivered in thr US Naija is a religous country peopled by ungodly citizens!'

I never wanted to get into this dick measuring contest but since you dragged my dear country into it I have news for you:

US is far richer than Nigeria but I can assure you that there are more homeless people in the US than you would ever find in Nigeria.

I know you will go about saying our US keep sending Nigeria financial aid, even with all the hype about US I can assure you that every poor Nigerian take care of themselves as best as they could but in your US you have to sit on your assess and wait for the government to throw food stamp your way. Talk about the country of the brave and free.

You can keep deluding yourself that US is heaven on earth, I can assure you that among all developed nations, US seems to be the only one where you have to be drown in depth before you can get a decent education.

Among the developed nations, US has the highest number of uneducated population, they have the highest crime rate. Among the 1st world nation (I seriously doubt if US can still be called that) US is the only country where the average joe can't get a medical cover.

Among the developed nations, your so called heaven on earth is the only country where a black man is likely to be shot at the back by the cop than by a criminal.

Your heaven on earth is the only country where you are likely to spend a long time in jail for possession of marijuana if you are black and more likely to get a pat on the wrist for a murder if you are white. Talk about heaven on earth. You can only fool a few.

Yes Nigeria has her problems, giving her economic and political standing I think are troubles are not out of place but please try and explain to me how the US with all her political, economic and military might can justify all the wrongs that could ordinarily be attributed to a 3rd world nation. Until you come up with a logical and concrete explanation for that, you have no moral ground to insult or make fun of Nigerians and their struggles.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Toks2008(m): 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2016
BigIyanga:

I totally agree and I'm not holding brief for Nigeria..nevertheless my point is clear....United States minus their currency strength and organized system is totally an unsafe and bias place for a black skinned man to live in irrespective of the black man status.cos in U.S black lives do not matter...FACT.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 5:20pm On Nov 19, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Your idiocy is beyond redeemable . How did Obama tell you not to own a gun. What the hell you know about guns in America ?. Googlehead, I am a gun owner, infact I own two guns and I am a progressive to booth. Your post makes no sense as usual.

You have started again oh. If i start my own now you go begin insult again
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Toks2008(m): 5:21pm On Nov 19, 2016
woodcook:

I never wanted to get into this dick measuring contest but since you dragged my dear country into it I have news for you:

US is far richer than Nigeria but I can assure you that there are more homeless people in the US than you would ever find in Nigeria.

I know you will go about saying our US keep sending Nigeria financial aid, even with all the hype about US I can assure you that every poor Nigerian take care of themselves as best as they could but in your US you have to sit on your assess and wait for the government to throw food stamp your way. Talk about the country of the brave and free.

You can keep deluding yourself that US is heaven on earth, I can assure you that among all developed nations, US seems to be the only one where you have to be drown in depth before you can get a decent education.

Among the developed nations, US has the highest number of uneducated population, they have the highest crime rate. Among the 1st world nation (I seriously doubt if US can still be called that) US is the only country where the average joe can't get a medical cover.

Among the developed nations, your so called heaven on earth is the only country where a black man is likely to be shot at the back by the cop than by a criminal.

Your heaven on earth is the only country where you are likely to spend a long time in jail for possession of marijuana if you are black and more likely to get a pat on the wrist for a murder if you are white. Talk about heaven on earth. You can only fool a few.

Yes Nigeria has her problems, giving her economic and political standing I think are troubles are not out of place but please try and explain to me how the US with all her political, economic and military might can justify all the wrongs that could ordinarily be attributed to a 3rd world nation. Until you come up with a logical and concrete explanation for that, you have no moral ground to insult or make fun of Nigerians and their struggles.

This is EPIC extraordinary.You nailed it...5 star rating for this post.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 19, 2016
The rejection rate for US visa applicants in Naija must be around 45%. Those consular officers are like Demi-gods sha.

I did some further research and found out that they have wide discretion in considering applications for all types of visa.

If I were in some people's shoes, the stringent visa conditions (though they were put in place to limit undocumented immigration), would put me off
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by BigIyanga: 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2016
woodcook:

I see how you have diverted this topic to economic indices in US while ignoring the fact that a religous Country like Naija is in a mess comparable to S/Africa thsy recognises all types of marriages! Mandela was hospitalized and treated in his country until he passed away. Obj's wife died in Spain, Yar'dua died in Saudi. GMB treats ear infection in UK. Face your front!

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2016
BigIyanga:

Gbam. Tell those Dumbos that are foaming in the mouths. A country that is so blessed by nature but bastardized by worthlessly corrupt and inept leadership that makes an average Nigerian earns less than $2 a day. Almost 85% of States workers don't even get their meager salary on time. A country of about 180 million people with no single hospital of world class standard according to UNESCO. Universities and Polythechnics are shunning out tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands graduates every year without a prospect for a rewarding jobs. A country where the Thieflicians and the crooked elites will travel abroad in a jiffy for their medical needs while an average Nigerian will die in some worthless hospital of malaria and thyphoid . Look at countries like Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and even South Africa with their apartheid debacle. They all started about the same time with Nigeria and they are up into the developing nations while my beloved Nigeria is stuck at underdeveloped nation. The worthless leaders stole the commonwealth dry but you never hear a word from their sycophants . At least, critiquing your leadership is the highest form of patriotism. The loud mouths on nairaland will blame America for everything and neglect their own Titanic.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 5:26pm On Nov 19, 2016
ValerianSteel:
The argument for electoral college is ridiculous.A republican voter in Wyoming is for times more powerful than a California voter.

Wyoming is about 600k in population with 3 electoral votes.

California is 38million in population with 55 electoral votes.

There's 1 electoral vote for every 200k votes in Wyoming.

There's 1 electoral vote for every 700k votes in California.

The idea that liberal voters have more voice because they live in largely populated cities is ridiculous because their votes doesn't count as long as the 3 electoral votes in Wyoming is 4 times more powerful than the 55 from California.

You idiot. You just defended the elelectoral college without knowing it. I would like to school you on why the electoral vote is good but no need for that. Trump is already in the white house so just sit back and enjoy the ride.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2016
CFCman:
The rejection rate for US visa applicants in Naija must be around 45%. Those consular officers are like Demi-gods sha.

I did some further research and found out that they have wide discretion in considering applications for all types of visa.

If I were in some people's shoes, the stringent visa conditions (though they were put in place to limit undocumented immigration), would put me off
I feel for our people that have good reasons to come to US because they think the visa is difficult now, they should wait till Jan 20 when El Presidente Trump ascends the throne and they will find out the Xenophobes will be in charge. All he needs to do is direct the SOS to inform the ambassadors and it will be like the biblical finding the needle in the haystack . We shall see very soon how that will turn out.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2016
BigIyanga:

I see how you have diverted this topic to economic indices in US while ignoring the fact that a religous Country like Naija is in a mess comparable to S/Africa thsy recognises all types of marriages! Mandela was hospitalized and treated in his country until he passed away. Obj's wife died in Spain, Yar'dua died in Saudi. GMB treats ear infection in UK. Face your front!

Since religion is the problem, I also can see how you ignored that the UAE is a religious country and they are doing great. I also saw that you refused to mention that Israel is a successful country and they do not recognize all types of marriage. I can go on and on with the list. grin grin

What I noticed which you failed to acknowledge is that you spurn is comment about God (which he has every right to to believe in) and changed the narrative into Nigeria bashing.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by BigIyanga: 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2016
Toks2008:

This is EPIC extraordinary.You nailed it...5 star rating for this post.
The only thing epic about his post is the arrogant hypocrisy to stand on the pedestal of ingrained and entrenched immorality and corruption to question another person's moral values!
Over 30 governors are owing pensioners snd workers in spite of collecting allocations and IGR to pay them and you are forming morality when you be ashamed that your polictrickians have enslaved you!
After forming hypocritical morality, you still dont have stable power, good roads, jobs, hospital and social services. Your life expectancy is half that of average US person. You should be mad at your hypocrisy!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:36pm On Nov 19, 2016
BigIyanga:

My man, give them hell. They will call you names but don't let that bothers you. Am used to their name callings and I wear their scorn like a badge of honor. Imagine a country 56 years old still barely getting four hours of electricity in two days. They will come on nairaland with their made in China phone and flex their muscles. No wonder most of them won't even show their yellow eyeballs and Kwashiokor looking faces.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Nov 19, 2016
BigIyanga:

The only thing about his post is the arrogant hypocrisy to stand on thd pedestal of ingrained snd entrenched immorality and corruption to question anothrf person's moral values!
Over 30 governors are owing pensioners snd workers in spite of collecting allocations and IGR to pay them and you are forming morality when you be ashamed that your polictrickians have enslaved you!
After forming hypocritical morality, you still dont have stable power, good roads, jobs, hospital and social services. Your life expectancy is half that of average US person. You should be at your hypocrisy!

hahaha. e pain u no be small. Truth is always bitter bro.

If there is anyone that is entrenched in their own morality it is the US, which is evident in you people's activities in Syrian, Libya, Afghan ect. Please stop playing God to Nigeria on this forum. I have been to your cesspit of a world class nation and I have also be fortunate to live in what a real world class society is. The funny thing is that you hardly hear people from a real world class society going about trying to foist their ideal of what is right or wrong or how others should and most live their life.

Go take care of your home while we take care of ours.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 19, 2016
Lucasbalo:
My man, give them hell. They will call you names but don't let that bothers you. Am used to their name callings and I wear their scorn like a badge of honor. Imagine a country 56 years old still barely getting four hours of electricity in two days. They will come on nairaland with their made in China phone and flex their muscles. No wonder most of them won't even show their yellow eyeballs and Kwashiokor looking faces.

I think you keep contradicting yourself, how can you say on one that they are name calling people and on the other hand you are calling them No wonder most of them won't even show their yellow eyeballs and Kwashiokor looking faces. 'Smart' Americans grin grin
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:44pm On Nov 19, 2016
stanech:

You have started again oh. If i start my own now you go begin insult again
Tell me how Obama stop any American from owning a gun. Tell me how owning a gun in US is of importance to you in Nigeria. I am a Democrat and a proud progressive all my life and I am damn proud of it. Election swings in America . I was very happy eight years ago when Obama won the presidency. Trump will have is four years, if he turns out good, Americans will reelect him if not he will go the way of Bush Snr. We don't have politicians goons beat us or kill us for disagreeing unlike your place. So tell me how Obama stops any American from owning guns Mr Americana wannabe.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 5:45pm On Nov 19, 2016
#BREAKING: Four charged with vicious beating of #Chicago man. During beating they were yelling, "Don't vote trump

The intolerant left

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:48pm On Nov 19, 2016
woodcook:

I think you keep contradicting yourself, how can you say on one that they are name calling people and on the other hand you are calling them No wonder most of them won't even show their yellow eyeballs and Kwashiokor looking faces. 'Smart' Americans grin grin
That bothers you I guess. Didn't a slimy and Skunky scam artist called Scully99 just called his forbears Omo ale jati jati. Very fluent in Yoruba because I grew up in a house the language is a must to be understood . Isn't calling someone Omo ale insulting ?.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 5:48pm On Nov 19, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Tell me how Obama stop any American from owning a gun. Tell me how owning a gun in US is of importance to you in Nigeria. I am a Democrat and a proud progressive all my life and I am damn proud of it. Election swings in America . I was very happy eight years ago when Obama won the presidency. Trump will have is four years, if he turns out good, Americans will reelect him if not he will go the way of Bush Snr. We don't have politicians goons beat is or kill is for disagreeing unlike your place. So tell me how Obama stops any American from owning guns Mr Americana wannabe.

Obama and killary akillary-gun u know it
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 5:50pm On Nov 19, 2016
stanech:
#BREAKING: Four charged with vicious beating of #Chicago man. During beating they were yelling, "Don't vote trump

The intolerant left
Where did you get my picture and my homies pictures. We jumped that white guy and beat the crap out of him. I told you guys we Chicago guys are no punks. Just kidding before the hungry wolves jumps all over me. That's not me I am just messing with my Edo giant.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2016
Lucasbalo:
That bothers you I guess. Didn't a slimy and Skunky scam artist called Scully99 just called his forbears Omo ale jati jati. Very fluent in Yoruba because I grew up in a house the language is a must to be understood . Isn't calling someone Omo ale insulting ?.

Of course it is offensive and unacceptable but then how could you do same thing you are calling others out on? I just do not get the logic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (539)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.