Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,608 members, 7,955,243 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:26 PM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (670019 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 9:31pm On Nov 19, 2016
stanech:

Lol You are delusional my friend. Did you just say Trump was responsible for d debt.

Ps. After this election. I cant believe you still think you know anything about America.
Obviously, comprehension is not your forte. I am a tax paying good and upstanding citizen unlike a tax dodging and a president elect who won't release his taxes because he fails to pay his taxes. I can tell you that I pay a lots of money with my wife in both federal and state taxes. I don't cheat on my taxes unlike our coming president because being a Blackman in US, I know the implication . I can bet you that Trump will never releases his tax information because his two bit hustling and con game will be unveiled.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 9:39pm On Nov 19, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Thanks my man. I guess that's the fear of a lots of our people in Nigeria birthing abroad.

Dems are asking obama to pardon killiery. I thought they said she was most qualified and innocent and that it was all right wing conspiracy

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 9:41pm On Nov 19, 2016
woodcook:

I wish we could, like you pointed out Nigeria is blessed with everything any nation could ever asked but alas Nigeria could pass for one of the worst place to live in. It is sad and demoralizing a times. Try having meaningful conversation with youths based on ideology and you will be surprised what they come up. I am sure you have seen enough on the forum already.

I think we need total cultural change, I remember being in Kaval during the No/Yes vote last year in Greece. I was at the dinner table with my friend and the conversation during meal time with her parents and siblings were about the vote. Everyone presented their case on whom to vote for and why. Their mom had a different opinion and I watched quietly how my friend was able to convince the mom otherwise. The mom based her positions on facts and what she thinks a yes vote means for Greek people.I visited many families and one thing I noticed was that political discussions take center stage no matter the age group and people try as much as they can to interpret what their vote means for the Greeks. They were not all necessary correct but the fact that young people are having meaning and logically conversations about their future based on substance not based on frivolous reasons (Not our young men that will gather around 'bottles' to discuss who is doing who!).
Everywhere we go bars, school you see youth (the old ones were not left out) discussing about their future with regards to the vote based on facts, analyzing papers and positions of leading Greek academia as per the votes. Come to Nigeria during the 2015 election and you hear people talk about how someone was a muslim, or how anyone as long as it not a particular candidate.

I think it is time families started inculcating the habit of critical thinking among their kids. It is time families should start having meaningful conversation at homes. Most families would rather spend hours everyday chanting religious prayers against unseen enemies rather than engaging their wards on stimulating conversation.

I may be wrong but I think that the best place to start cleaning the rots in our country Nigeria is at the family level, the biggest impediment to that is that most head of the family are as 'blind' as their ward.
What you just narrated is the essence of democracy. Not everyone will agree but open discussions are needed for the good of the country. I told people here that I couldn't care who the president in US is if left to me personally because I believe that I will be ok regardless of the president. It's about the young ones with fragile physche having a bigot as the symbol of America . I grew up with Reagan hatred of blacks and his flooding American inner cities with illegal drugs to fund the Sandanistan war in El Salvador. That's why I leaned to the Democratic Party because I sincerely believe that the modern Republican Party harbors racists and white nationalists. Discussing political events is very important because the decisions the political leaders make affects the citizens life.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Obviously, comprehension is not your forte. I am a tax paying good and upstanding citizen unlike a tax dodging and a president elect who won't release his taxes because he fails to pay his taxes. I can tell you that I pay a lots of money with my wife in both federal and state taxes. I don't cheat on my taxes unlike our coming president because being a Blackman in US, I know the implication . I can bet you that Trump will never releases his tax information because his two bit hustling and con game will be unveiled.

Lol Oga you are not fooling anyone Obama failed.

Why didn't they charge Trump for tax evasion rather than complain?

Who is supposed to charge him for tax fraud ?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 9:47pm On Nov 19, 2016
stanech:

Dems are asking obama to pardon killiery. I thought they said she was most qualified and innocent and that it was all right wing conspiracy
You must be smoking something that's not good for your medulla. Pardon her for what. When I tell you that the right wing garbage you are googling from Edo is not only brainwashing you, it's brain damaging you . I know you have never step a foot in US, things don't work like that here. There is something called Rule of Law. This is not a jungle republic where DSS and EFCC just run around and arrest people nilly willy. Google is not doing your mental help any good.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 9:53pm On Nov 19, 2016
Trump asking the cast of Hamilton to apologize to Mike Pence for harassing him.When did free speech become harassment?

The bar has really been lowered for Donald,when is he going to apologize to the millions he has insulted or the thousands of students he conned through his fraud university.

Somehow republicans think Mike Pence being booed in New York is because he was in a liberal state.They should visit Indiana and see how much Hoosiers hate him.

This happened in April in his own home state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkQ6e9crikw

Republicans never respected President Obama,they should not expect the rest of America to fall over for the racist demagogue and his god awful VP.

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 9:55pm On Nov 19, 2016
Lucasbalo:
You must be smoking something that's not good for your medulla. Pardon her for what. When I tell you that the right wing garbage you are googling from Edo is not only brainwashing you, it's brain damaging you . I know you have never step a foot in US, things don't work like that here. There is something called Rule of Law. This is not a jungle republic where DSS and EFCC just run around and arrest people nilly willy. Google is not doing your mental help any good.

You are not making any sense. I ask a simple question why are is rev jesse jackson and other asking and begging Obama to pardon her

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2016
stanech:

Lol Oga you are not fooling anyone Obama failed.

Why didn't they charge Trump for tax evasion rather than complain?

Who is supposed to charge him for tax fraud ?
When I tell you that you don't have a clue about the happenings in US, you take umbrage to that but it's the truth. Trump said he was being audited by IRS and that's why he won't release his taxes. Millions of people are being audited every year by IRS including many billionaires like Warren Buffet who is 40 times richer than Trump and he volunteered to release his taxes which he Buffet did. I have been audited before and I know it is very common here. For you who's absolutely a doofus who never paid a Nickel in your life to America's treasury to argue with me about taxes makes me believe the stuff you are smoking is not good for your mental help. Please get needed help ASAP.

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 10:02pm On Nov 19, 2016
stanech:

You are not making any sense. I ask a simple question why are is rev jesse jackson and other asking and begging Obama to pardon her
Bring out your worthless right wing Nazi propaganda blogs that's messing with your mental health where Jesse Jackson is begging for a pardon for someone that's never being indicted. This is not a jungle and I really think you are getting close to being a psychopath about America. When you get your visa let me know and I will congratulate you. Stop your whacky obsessions about America before you go into the market square.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 10:02pm On Nov 19, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Trump asking the cast of Hamilton to apologize to Mike Pence for harassing him.When did free speech become harassment?

The bar has really been lowered for Donald,when is he going to apologize to the millions he has insulted or the thousands of students he conned through his fraud university.

Somehow republicans think Mike Pence being booed in New York is because he was in a liberal state.They should visit Indiana and see how much Hoosiers hate him.

This happened in April in his own home state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkQ6e9crikw

Republicans never respected President Obama,they should not expect the rest of America to fall over for the racist demagogue and his god awful VP.

Lol

E still dey pain them .. All this will only increase the Trump base as many democrats are already condemning the Hamilton. Fyi #boycothamilton is now trending on twitter

6 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 10:07pm On Nov 19, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Bring out your worthless right wing Nazi propaganda blogs that's messing with your mental health where Jesse Jackson is begging for a pardon for someone that's never being indicted. This is not a jungle and I really think you are getting close to being a psychopath about America. When you get your visa let me know and I will congratulate you. Stop your whacky obsessions about America before you go into the market square.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3945206/Jesse-Jackson-calls-Obama-pardon-Hillary-Clinton-leaving-office-insists-hasn-t-wrong.html

Here. This is not reported in the MSM because it doesnt suit them.

The MSM is the biggest enemy of the people.....

There you have it. He said it..

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 10:11pm On Nov 19, 2016
stanech:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3945206/Jesse-Jackson-calls-Obama-pardon-Hillary-Clinton-leaving-office-insists-hasn-t-wrong.html

Here. This is not reported in the MSM because it doesnt suit them.

The MSM is the biggest enemy of the people.....

There you have it. He said it..
No one in your Edo Kingdom can cure your lunacy. Only heavens know why a young guy will stoop to a sewage level like this. I hope your madness helps your sojourn through life. You are a pathetic lost cause.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 10:11pm On Nov 19, 2016
Lucasbalo:

You need to stop watching cnn..

So the question now is why pardon her if she is not guity

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 10:14pm On Nov 19, 2016
Lucasbalo:
No one in your Edo Kingdom can cure your lunacy. Only heavens know why a young guy will stoop to a sewage level like this. I hope your madness helps your sojourn through life. You are a pathetic lost cause.

This is pre- election all over again.. When will you ever accept that. i am right. I have given you proof now you have resorted to insults and name calling

4 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 19, 2016
Lucasbalo:
What you just narrated is the essence of democracy. Not everyone will agree but open discussions are needed for the good of the country. I told people here that I couldn't care who the president in US is if left to me personally because I believe that I will be ok regardless of the president. It's about the young ones with fragile physche having a bigot as the symbol of America . I grew up with Reagan hatred of blacks and his flooding American inner cities with illegal drugs to fund the Sandanistan war in El Salvador. That's why I leaned to the Democratic Party because I sincerely believe that the modern Republican Party harbors racists and white nationalists. Discussing political events is very important because the decisions the political leaders make affects the citizens life.

I totally agree with that, if only we could cultivate that habit in our society.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 3:07am On Nov 20, 2016
woodcook:

I totally agree with that, if only we could cultivate that habit in our society.
Hopefully, Nigeria will get there. I have so much love for that place that I can even live there part time when I hang up my booths . Hopefully , Nigeria will turn around for good.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 20, 2016
stanech:
"I haven't seen Democrats this frustrated since Republicans freed all of their slaves."

Lol

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 12:58pm On Nov 20, 2016
Lucasbalo:

Still waiting for your reply. Do you now agree she is guilty?

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 1:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
stanech:

I purposely ignore your whacky rantings because you are not making any sense . Done with you .

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 5:26pm On Nov 20, 2016
stanech:

You know what? It's no surprise he refused to answer a simple question, rather resorted to insults and name calling. No charges have been filed yet for any eventual pardon. Like u said, I thought they were insisting that she was innocent. So pardon from/for what?

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2016
Lucasbalo:
Dear Lucas, u have taken a deep dive back to the pre-election attitude of unwarranted insults, totally uncalled for. Pls. use common sense and decency. If u can't, feel free to take a break - I honestly think u need one at this point, you need to do a lot of soul searching in order to free yourself from dis bitter and hostile attitude. thanks.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by 21Savagw: 6:35pm On Nov 20, 2016
obixcel:
Dear Lucas, u have taken a deep dive back to the pre-election attitude of unwarranted insults, totally uncalled for. Pls. use common sense and decency. If u can't, feel free to take a break - I honestly think u need one at this point, you need to do a lot of soul searching in order to free yourself from dis bitter and hostile attitude. thanks.

I like Uncle Ruckus like that...Where's the fun if everyone are polite robots?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by missjo(f): 6:42pm On Nov 20, 2016
LOL, Lucas my man. Doesn't fail to remind people of their location and status.
I actually find it funny if you look at it from the perspective of debate banters (you know, trying to undermine your opponent's position).

Lucasbalo you have something in common with Donald Trump regarding this debate tactic. cheesy
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 6:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
obixcel:
You know what? It's no surprise he refused to answer a simple question, rather resorted to insults and name calling. No charges have been filed yet for any eventual pardon. Like u said, I thought they were insisting that she was innocent. So pardon from/for what?

That guy Lucas and his friend Vaeriansteel are perfect examples of your everyday liberal. If they loose an arguement they will find a way to turn around and insult their opponent.
He said that I got the news from a right wing blog but after sending him proof that I got it from a credible source he started cursing. meeen Liberals are too annoying...

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by stanech: 6:55pm On Nov 20, 2016
Lucasbalo:
I purposely ignore your whacky rantings because you are not making any sense . Done with you .

Mannnn you neeed to grow up. You are still a kid

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 6:57pm On Nov 20, 2016
21Savagw:

I like Uncle Ruckus like that...Where's the fun if everyone are polite robots?
lol

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 6:58pm On Nov 20, 2016
missjo:
LOL, Lucas my man. Doesn't fail to remind people of their location and status.
I actually find it funny if you look at it from the perspective of debate banters (you know, trying to undermine your opponent's position).

Lucasbalo you have something in common with Donald Trump regarding this debate tactic. cheesy
The guy is just like that mosquitos that always sings irrationally in your ears while sleeping. What he was saying makes absolutely no sense. We have something called Rule of Law in America where there is no one thrown to jail without being indicted, prosecuted and found guilty and jailed upon conviction. The guy probably think America is Nigeria where DSS and EFCC just barge into people's homes and carted them to some underground jail in Abuja. I am not surprised with him though. That's why I referenced his Edo residence . The more you try to let him understand the way things work the more annoying he gets.

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2016
obixcel:
Not surprised you will take his side since both of you are twins in ignorance. Yout Trump won and what next ?. Both of you are Americana wanna be hence your unhealthy obsession about America. Hope Trump gives you want you want. As for me, nothing will change for me here regardless of the leadership.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by BigIyanga: 7:30pm On Nov 20, 2016
woodcook:

Did you just state that there is no social issues plaguing the US?

That the hospital isn't running out of drugs does not mean that everyone has equal opportunity of getting the best medical care they deserve? That the US politicians are not corrupt as Nigerian politician does not mean that US political environment serves every US citizen fairly and justly. That the US educational system is among the best in the world does not mean that every US citizen has equal opportunity of obtaining quality education. That the US is not plagued with any social issues (according to you) does not mean that there are no people in the US living at the margins of society and forgotten by the very system that you praised so highly. We can go on and on. Take it or leave it US is still grappling with her social issues ( some of which in my opinion I would consider problem of 3rd world country).

Criticizing Nigeria is an indication that you understand her problems and that you believe Nigeria could be better but berating Nigeria is different from criticizing her and the major problem is most times we are unable to pin point that fine line between constructive criticism and mockery (I am guilty of that as well).
You just answered the question that there is nothing plaguing US based on social issues, but a lot of things are plaguing Naija as a result of ingrained corruption and stealing of public funds.
Call US out for not providing for "every" of her citizen while ignoring the fact that Naija doesnt provide for "most" of her citizens is the same warped and hypocritical logic I'm talking about.
Why do some Nigerians like you think that it's acceptable for "most" Nigerians to be treated less than humans?
Folks living on the margin in the US still have access to basic things like food, health, shelter etc while in Naija these items are luxury goods for the rich. If you have been to some parts of the country where kids 3-10yrs are fighting to eat from the crumbs of left-over food in a mama-put joint, then you will cry for Naija.
Loving Naija doesnt mean that we should suppress facts that make us look bad, so we that we feel good!!
Let's face our front!

3 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 20, 2016
BigIyanga:

You just answered the question that there is nothing plaguing US based on social issues, but a lot of things are plaguing Naija as a result of ingrained corruption and stealing of public funds.
Call US out for not providing for "every" of her citizen while ignoring the fact that Naija doesnt provide for "most" of her citizens is the same warped and hypocritical logic I'm talking about.
Why do some Nigerians like you think that it's acceptable for "most" Nigerians to be treated less than humans?
Folks living on the margin in the US still have access to basic things like food, health, shelter etc while in Naija these items are luxury goods for the rich. If you have been to some parts of the country where kids 3-10yrs are fighting to eat from the crumbs of left-over food in a mama-put joint, then you will cry for Naija.
Loving Naija doesnt mean that we should suppress facts that make us look bad, so we that we feel good!!
Let's face our front!

Keep deceiving yourself as at today the US has more homeless people than Nigeria this is a fact.

Comparing US and Nigeria as means to tell me that US is doing well is being dishonest on your part. Why not pick the likes of Japan, Germany , France etc countries that are in the same league with the US and see if your heaven on earth is any where near doing well for its citizen.

Did you know that everyone in Germany when I said everyone I meant everyone can afford a 3/4 year college education of their choice without any form of financial stress. Are you also aware that everyone in Belgium, the Netherlands can afford medical care, when I say everyone I meant everyone and when I say medicare I meant the best that those countries can afford likewise security etc. Bros these are countries that are in same league with your US. Please stop this your whose father has the biggest house contest with Naija and do your comparison with those countries. When you line up your indices against those countries you can come back and we talk about the ills in the US but as long as you keep bringing Naija into it to make your State look good sorry I am out.

NB: It is common for US to always compare themselves to African countries in terms of how good you people are having it. Europeans will always compare themselves to those that are having it better than them so they can improve. You guys should sit there and keep lying to yourself until the day you wake up and your country is no different from Mexico. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Lucasbalo(m): 8:26pm On Nov 20, 2016
obixcel:
lol
Junebug, wake up. College students are not suppose to be drinking adult beverages.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by BigIyanga: 10:47pm On Nov 20, 2016
woodcook:

Keep deceiving yourself as at today the US has more homeless people than Nigeria this is a fact.

Comparing US and Nigeria as means to tell me that US is doing well is being dishonest on your part. Why not pick the likes of Japan, Germany , France etc countries that are in the same league with the US and see if your heaven on earth is any where near doing well for its citizen.

Did you know that everyone in Germany when I said everyone I meant everyone can afford a 3/4 year college education of their choice without any form of financial stress. Are you also aware that everyone in Belgium, the Netherlands can afford medical care, when I say everyone I meant everyone and when I say medicare I meant the best that those countries can afford likewise security etc. Bros these are countries that are in same league with your US. Please stop this your whose father has the biggest house contest with Naija and do your comparison with those countries. When you line up your indices against those countries you can come back and we talk about the ills in the US but as long as you keep bringing Naija into it to make your State look good sorry I am out.

NB: It is common for US to always compare themselves to African countries in terms of how good you people are having it. Europeans will always compare themselves to those that are having it better than them so they can improve. You guys should sit their and keep lying to yourself until the day you wake up and your country is no different from Mexico. grin grin
Folks like you drink delusional cocktails!! Naija has 11m children not enrolled in school! 10s of millions of Nigerians are homeless. Over 70m. nigerians do not have access to toilet. Over 70m Nigerians are poor. Over 60m Nigerians can neither read nor write. Where are you living? Stop this nonsense.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (539)

Russia-Ukraine War: World News, Weapons & Battlefield Discussions - Live / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.