Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,611 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! - Foreign Affairs (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! (655748 Views)

Trump Wins Big On Super Tuesday, But Rivals Fight On / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies / Hillary Clinton Given £80 Parking Fine In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (539) (Go Down)

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 7:19am On May 10, 2017
Lucasbalo:
Go and tell the Republicans condemning trump about that. We need a special prosecutor to oversee the Russia gate because it is not going away. Your man will eventually fall like a pack of cards.

Democrats should be happy. You wanted Comey gone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 7:45am On May 10, 2017
obixcel:
His getting fired was inevitable. If this was done by Hillary (if she had won) it would have hailed as a smart move.

Inevitable maybe but the optics don't look good especially as Trump's praise for Comey was effusive during the campaign. This is 5 months after he took office and he only now fires him for events of last year, I doubt anybody will buy this for a dollar.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 8:02am On May 10, 2017
LordReed:

Inevitable maybe but the optics don't look good especially as Trump's praise for Comey was effusive during the campaign. This is 5 months after he took office and he only now fires him for events of last year, I doubt anybody will buy this for a dollar.

It is surprising that you failed to mention that Democrats still wanted Comey gone this year and completely left of the fact that Rod Rosenstein, who recommended the firing of Comey, was confirmed by the Senate just 14 days ago in a bipartisan 94-6 vote.

A number of House Democrats left Friday's confidential briefing on Russian hacking fuming over the actions of FBI Director James Comey and convinced he's unfit to lead the agency.

"I was nonjudgmental until the last 15 minutes. I no longer have that confidence in him," Rep. Tim Walz (D-Minn.), ranking member of the Veterans Affairs Committee, said as he left the meeting in the Capitol.

"Some of the things that were revealed in this classified briefing — my confidence has been shook."

Rep. Elijah Cummings (Md.), senior Democrat on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, delivered a similar condemnation.
"I'm extremely concerned — extremely," he said.
"I'll just — I'm very angry," echoed Rep. Mark Takano (D-Calif.).

I want to [have faith in Comey]," said a visibly annoyed Rep. Charlie Crist (D-Fla.). "I have concerns. Stay tuned."

Schumer said Rosenstein had "developed a reputation for integrity.” But the same liberals are shocked Trump followed through on his recommendation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 8:28am On May 10, 2017
Missy89:

It is surprising that you failed to mention that Democrats still wanted Comey gone this year and completely left of the fact that Rod Rosenstein, who recommended the firing of Comey, was confirmed by the Senate just 14 days ago in a bipartisan 94-6 vote.

Schumer said Rosenstein had "developed a reputation for integrity.” But the same liberals are shocked Trump followed through on his recommendation.

You are missing the point, the timing of the firing is what is suspect. If he is firing Comey for the Hillary email investigation handling why did he wait till now to do it? He praised Comey for exposing Hillary but now agrees that it was bungled, it doesn't​ seem convincing from where I stand. Anyway I don't think it's that big of deal, I anticipated this would happen, Trump is not exactly big on Obama appointees. The Russian collusion investigation is what is important, Comey's firing won't stop it and could possibly add fuel to the fire for calls for a special prosecutor​.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 8:37am On May 10, 2017
LordReed:

You are missing the point, the timing of the firing is what is suspect. If he is firing Comey for the Hillary email investigation handling why did he wait till now to do it? He praised Comey for exposing Hillary but now agrees that it was bungled, it doesn't​ seem convincing from where I stand. Anyway I don't think it's that big of deal, I anticipated this would happen, Trump is not exactly big on Obama appointees. The Russian collusion investigation is what is important, Comey's firing won't stop it and could possibly add fuel to the fire for calls for a special prosecutor​.

Again, The recommendation came from someone in the DOJ confirmed by the senate 2 weeks ago. Did you even bother to read the letter?

Calls for special prosecutor wont happen if there is no smoking gun. Repeating it 1 million times wont change that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 8:42am On May 10, 2017
Missy89:

Again, The recommendation came from someone in the DOJ confirmed by the senate 2 weeks ago. Did you even bother to read the letter?

Calls for special prosecutor wont happen if there is no smoking gun. Repeating it 1 million times wont change that.

Yes I read the letter and that doesn't change anything, even Republicans are raising eyebrows at the supposed reason and the timing.

We'll see how it plays out.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 8:50am On May 10, 2017
LordReed:

Yes I read the letter and that doesn't change anything, even Republicans are raising eyebrows at the supposed reason and the timing.

We'll see how it plays out.

FBI #2 McCabe who is in the tank for the Democratic party blows any eyebrows or timing narrative out of the water

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 8:52am On May 10, 2017
Missy89:

FBI #2 McCabe who is in the tank for the Democratic party blows any eyebrows or timing narrative out of the water

OK so McCabe is not normal succession? Who else should have been acting director?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 8:57am On May 10, 2017
LordReed:

OK so McCabe is not normal succession? Who else should have been acting director?

What i am saying is, If Trump was worried about the investigation, Why fire Comey when he knows that McCabe ( huge ties to the democratic party) is automatically going to be the acting director?.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 8:58am On May 10, 2017
Missy89:

Did you know Comey is a registered Republican?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by BossKratos: 8:59am On May 10, 2017
Hilary right now! grin

5 Likes

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 9:00am On May 10, 2017
LordReed:

Did you know Comey is a registered Republican?

Yes. So?

Looks like you are making my point for me
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 9:22am On May 10, 2017
Missy89:

Yes. So?

I think he just ended up giving us the point we needed. Comey the Republican got fired by a Republican grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 9:23am On May 10, 2017
obixcel:
I think he just ended up giving us the point we needed. Comey the Republican got fired by a Republican grin grin grin

Indeed. He walked right into it
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 9:29am On May 10, 2017
Missy89:

Yes. So?

Nothing just wanted it out there. You are the one pointing out party lines so let's get it out that Comey has Republican sympathies.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 9:29am On May 10, 2017
Let us hear Chuck and the Democrats, should we?
Former Clinton Team, Democrats React with Horror After Donald Trump Fires James Comey

Despite blaming Comey for Hillary Clinton’s loss, former campaign aides defended him.

Twilight zone. I was as disappointed and frustrated as anyone at how the email investigation was handled. But this terrifies me,” wrote former Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook on Twitter.

Former Obama aides also accused Trump of covering up the Russia investigation.

This should not be sugar coated. Firing Comey is up there in terms of the scariest things Trump has done,” wrote Former Obama White House Communications Director Jen Psaki on Twitter.

Former Obama National Security Adviser Ben Rhodes was also appalled.

This is not normal. This is not healthy for a democracy. The fixed 10 year term for an FBI Director exists to prevent….this,” he wrote. “This justification several months into this Administration is just completely and insultingly unbelievable.”

Senate Democrats also flocked to Twitter to share their reactions and accuse Trump of trying to cover up the investigation.

If we don’t get a special prosecutor, every American will rightfully suspect that the decision to fire Comey was part of a cover-up,” said Senate Majority Chuck Schumer who questioned the timing of Trump’s decision.

No more excuses: We need an independent special prosecutor to investigate the Trump Administration’s ties to Russia,” wrote Sen. Kristen Gillibrand.

Trump firing Comey shows how frightened the administration is over Russia investigation,” Sen. Tim Kaine said on Twitter. He accused the Trump White House of trying “to cover up the truth.”

This is Nixonian,” wrote Sen. Bob Casey on Twitter. “Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein must immediately appoint a special prosecutor to continue the Trump/Russia investigation.”

You’re creating a crisis of confidence in our Justice Department,” wrote Sen. Chris Van Hollen to Trump on Twitter, criticizing the president’s “You’re Fired” approach.

Hahahahaha grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 9:31am On May 10, 2017
Missy89:

Indeed. He walked right into it

Didn't walking into anything, you started pressing the McCabe has Democratic sympathies. Soon the narrative will be he is doing stuff in favour of the Democrats meanwhile no one brought it up when Comey was blasting Hillary.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 9:32am On May 10, 2017
Comey seriously damaged the credibility of the FBI and had to be replaced - period. Democrats are hysterical and irrelevant - they hate everything Trump does. The more hysterical democrats are, the louder I laugh.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 9:32am On May 10, 2017
obixcel:

Even more fantastic is if you consider that a Democratic President was the one who appointed him.

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 9:41am On May 10, 2017
LordReed:

Didn't walking into anything, you started pressing the McCabe has Democratic sympathies. Soon the narrative will be he is doing stuff in favour of the Democrats meanwhile no one brought it up when Comey was blasting Hillary.

Why would Trump fire Comey when he knows that his immediate replacement is in the tank for the democrats? If this is about the Russian investigation, that seems like a terrible move. Agree?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 9:45am On May 10, 2017
Missy89:

Why would Trump fire Comey when he knows that his immediate replacement is in the tank for the democrats? If this is about the Russian investigation, that seems like a terrible move. Agree?
The Democraps are now assuming Trump's firing of Comey to be ''Nixonian'' lol, quite absurd.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 9:48am On May 10, 2017
obixcel:
The Democraps are now assuming Trump's firing of Comey to be ''Nixonian'' lol, quite absurd.

I heard some of them call it a CONSTITUTIONAL CRISIS. These clowns dont even know what is in the constitution

1 Like

Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 9:51am On May 10, 2017
Missy89:

I heard some of them call it a CONSTITUTIONAL CRISIS. These clowns dont even know what is in the constitution
OR ''Crisis of Confidence'' as if there had not been enough crisis of confidence already given the role Loretta Lynch, Bill Clinton, FBI Director and Hillary played in the Email Saga.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 9:57am On May 10, 2017
Missy89:

Nope, at that point unless he was ready to announce a replacement for director he had no control on who became acting. Trump can still announce a new director today so McCabe is not a problem just like Sally Yates (in terms of hiring and firing).
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 10:01am On May 10, 2017
@Missy89 obixcel

What's your take on the Afghan situation?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 10:02am On May 10, 2017
LordReed:

Nope, at that point unless he was ready to announce a replacement for director he had no control on who became acting. Trump can still announce a new director today so McCabe is not a problem just like Sally Yates (in terms of hiring and firing).

Announcing a new director is different from confirming him/her. We both know that the democrats will try and delay any nominee. So McCabe may be in charge at least for a while.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Missy89(f): 10:07am On May 10, 2017
LordReed:
@Missy89 obixcel

You mean sending troops?
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by Kophschmerzen: 10:15am On May 10, 2017
God, are these house negroes just naturally dumb or playing out their much taunted fooolishness playbook. All was well and fine with Comey till there have been confirmed investigations in to drumpf associates and subpoena orders on Flynn and his associates. Y'all idiiots can go spin all your unreasonable lies in your right wing blogs not with sane peeps here.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by LordReed(m): 10:21am On May 10, 2017
Missy89:

You mean sending troops?

Yes
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by obixcel(m): 11:05am On May 10, 2017
LordReed:
@Missy89 obixcel

82nd Airborne already on way to Afghanistan....about 1,500 men and women to be deployed...to what I read lately it's an ''advise and assist mission'' in support of Afghan Forces

Lt. Col. Joe Buccino, a spokesman for the 82nd Airborne Combat Brigade’s deployment was not a ramping up of U.S. military in Afghanistan.

This is not a change to the mission there and this is not an increase in forces,” said Buccino, saying it was there on an advise-and-assist mission in support of Afghan forces. “This deployment represents the normal flow-of-forces into Afghanistan."

Meanwhile, The Afghan Forces are currently losing to the Taliban, simply outnumbered in almost every quater. It's going to take a long time to get Afghanistan into a position to beat the insurgents. Really a long way to go.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 11:33am On May 10, 2017
Missy89:

The chief investigator is Rod Rosenstein.
I trust him just as much as I trust Sessions(which I don't a bit). Fact is, Rosentein just got the job, Trump and his team have been under FBI counterintelligence criminal investigation since July 2016. No Rosentein isn't the Chif investigator, it was Comey.
Re: American Politics Lounge - Donald Trump Is US President-Elect ! by ValerianSteel(m): 11:38am On May 10, 2017
Missy89:
Liberals want Comey fired.

Comey was fired, Now we have Liberal outrage.
Missy, yes I fucking want Comey kicked in the balls till it's black and blue but we also need a Criminal Justice system that we haven't lost faith in completely.

I know you probably enjoying the so-called liberal outrage but I challenge you to do something:

"President Trump fires Comey after 110 days", replace President Trump with President Clinton angry tell me confidently you'd smile and not be outraged whatsoever. Also tell me your deplorable party Lords won't be calling for an impeachment inquiry by now into Hillary if this happened under her.

You can't cause you'll have to admit the truth to yourself but you choose to keep the sand in your eye while standing by a pool full of water(facts).

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (539)

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc / American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.