Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step (13652 Views)

Coach Keshi Failed Nigerians / Who Is Your Favorite Possible Alternative For Coach Keshi??? / NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Superstar007(m): 10:51am On Dec 03, 2014
Who is in charge here? una just the move topic every minute. Make unable wait first na
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by fiverrwin(f): 10:51am On Dec 03, 2014
No b small thing

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by OXCUBA: 10:55am On Dec 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
[b]When you guys say Coach Keshi is tactically clueless, I laugh in Yoruba.

I once had a serious debate here once with lots of Coach Keshi haters and I pointed out that when Coach Keshi started, and in games like the ones we defeated Mali and the Ivorians, we played a possessive tactical game. I pointed out that I do not know what happened that the game play changed.

Watch our game against the Ghana U23 team, we played a possessive tactical game.

Someone pointed out, I think it was Goke7 that said our Super Eagles players presently can not string simple passes together. How do we expect them to play a possessive game that requires numerous passes. So the only option is to use long balls while we build our team.

Watch our last game against South Africa. Uche made a lot of elementary passing mistakes. He misplaced passes and failed in combinations Oshaniwa tried to play with him.

Musa who plays for CSKA Moscow in The Champions league, can not cross the ball.

Coach Keshi turned an under performing side to AFCoN champions, qualified them for the World Cup and reached the second round of the World Cup.

Go and bring Coach Del Bosque and see if he will even come to Coach in West Africa where there is Ebola scare. Offer him N50 million a month and see if he would come. Even during the NFF fiasco, top coaches like Coach Capello will resign. Talk less of owing salary for five months or unpaid bonuses to players or no hotel bills.[/b]
GIVE US 4 REASONS ...... WHY YOU ARE NOT A SPORT MINISTER ...... WITH ALL THIS YOUR ANALYSIS.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by teemanbastos(m): 10:57am On Dec 03, 2014
ix dix newx
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by yougos(m): 11:00am On Dec 03, 2014
Make una give him d 2nd chance

as

GEJ is going dia for d 2nd tenor!!

My opinion anyway.......
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by veraiyke(m): 11:02am On Dec 03, 2014
Has keshi rily learnt from his mistakes or is he repeating them? Why has d players u mentioned n odas such as Odenwinge n kalu uche not bin called? Y is Keshi always having problems with his team best players?
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by bosun11(m): 11:03am On Dec 03, 2014
Untill keshi drops his ego and improves his tactics, i see no reason why we should continue to use him !!!!

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Goodnuel: 11:04am On Dec 03, 2014
If they don't hire Amoudu, I will be perfectly fine.

Don't care if they retain Keshi or not.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by miqos(m): 11:05am On Dec 03, 2014
the end will justify the .......
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by nerodenero: 11:17am On Dec 03, 2014
From the look of things,Keshi's godfathers compelled NFF to rescinds its earlier decision.How long are we going to continue like this?

Keshi's lack of leadership and pride cost us AFCON and we are bittered but better not qualifying than qualifying and getting beaten blue-black.

Hope he has learnt his lessons?

I wish us the best sha!

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by dammytosh: 11:27am On Dec 03, 2014
Those are the major reasons i will never watch Super Eagles until Keshi is finally sacked.

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Ahmeduana(m): 11:28am On Dec 03, 2014
rennylaw:

1 million likes for you sir.

The guy is a keshi apologist angry
JUST AS AM JONATHAN APOLOGIST!
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Classicalmusic: 11:39am On Dec 03, 2014
OP, Keshi has lost his prime. Nigerians should expect more heartbreaks. You're like him. As useless as ever.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by JUBILEE2000: 11:42am On Dec 03, 2014
You failed to remember that ur Keshi has made watching super Eagles play a nightmare. Under Keshi we lacked style, the creativity and the fluidity our football is known for. You are wrong to say that he gives young players opprtunity to play. Why has he not given the likes of Iheanacho, Haruna Lukman,
Isaac promise, Alampasu and many promising youngsters a chance? In our last match against South Africa in AFCON qualifiers, he left the highest goal scorer in the Nigerian league on the bench but chose to play an Emenike that has not scored a goal for long time for the entire 90minutes. No coach worth his onion will keep inviting players like Efe Ambrose, Echejile n co to the National team. Am sorry to say this: Keshi doesnt seem humble enough to learn from the past. The move to retain Keshi is yet nother regretable decision taken by NFF!!!
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:49am On Dec 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
[b]1. Continuity: Spain, did poorly at the last nations cup. A team which boasted of some of the best players in the world including Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, David Silva, Sergio Ramos, Jordi Alba etc. Despite their poor performance and getting whooped 5-0 by Netherlands, they stuck with their coach to promote continuity.

Retaining Coach Keshi will promote continuity and make our players grow together.

2. Learning from failure: Experience is the best teacher. If another coach takes over, he would not have first hand information why the team failed and those reasons will not be corrected. Coach Keshi knows his mistakes and from the next matches, he will correct them.

3. Emerging talents will continue to come out: Coach Keshi was a man who never failed to churn out talents. Many players made their break through in the national team. From Mba, Oboabona, Omeruo, Oshaniwa, Babatunde, Moses, Aaron Samuel, Aluko.

Coach Keshi gave many young talents their chances in the national team and many shone. Retaining Coach Keshi will maintain this trend.

4. Mikel Obi: Before Coach Keshi, Mikel was seen as a failure and a flop from the promise he showed in the age grade tourneys.

Under Coach Keshi, Mikel has shown promise and reasons why he was seen as a promising youngster. Mikel created so much chances for the team in recent years and has shown great displays in games for the Super Eagles. He was nominated for the African Footballer of the year and finished second.

Coach Keshi should be retained and I see us progressing.
http://passionforgoals..com/2014/11/4-reasons-why-renewing-coach-keshis.html[/b]
Well said...
Last Bullet
5. NFF probably can't afford a world class foreign coach... Of all the Nigerian coaches, Keshi stood out.
Siasia is the closest to him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Ezemust: 11:55am On Dec 03, 2014
wordychap:

Siasia never lost a match, its Eguavon his predecessor that had a loss before handing over to siasia. I still insist that siasia is d best coach for d eagles job, keshi's team lack flair.
i still cant undastd d reason for siasia sack.he played attractive football and was unlucky in that final match.they replaced sia1 with a dunce
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 03, 2014
wordychap:

Siasia never lost a match, its Eguavon his predecessor that had a loss before handing over to siasia. I still insist that siasia is d best coach for d eagles job, keshi's team lack flair.

I have also always believed dt Sia 1 is the best coach for the super eagles. If only they gave him the chance that keshi was
given.....
Samson Siasia is better than keshi by far technically. If Nigeria must make any meaningful progress wit d super eagles then Sia 1 is d way forward.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
keeping keshi is a mistake we will all regret.the super eagles ll cintinue this downward trend, because keshi jas reached his peak. He is not a trained coach

Take note, i will quote this comment when the news of keshi's sack hits front page before the middle of 2015

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Ezemust: 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
In that case, Coach Roy Hodgson should have been sacked. Sometimes, you learn from failure. Remember the statement about picking yourself up and trying again!

Sacking is not the only option. Their other factors tap hat led to the slump in form. So why must the coach be sacked.
wat do u mean?hogson team played the best football in the world cup.he is progresive minded unlike our retrogresive keshi
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by searay(m): 12:42pm On Dec 03, 2014
Bigloaf:
Anyway i vex for ham sha, but make we for give ham na our brother. But if he make desame mistake again, no sorry agian o. These time we go burn he house. Na he go know sey person heart nor be pomo, when he dey take play.
Please, are you a mumuslim?
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by annexes: 1:13pm On Dec 03, 2014
Ezemust:
wat do u mean?hogson team played the best football in the world cup.he is progresive minded unlike our retrogresive keshi
which best football? Tell me how many match they won...

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by cantell(m): 2:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
We lack Talents. Even South Africa has Cerero who is a star player for Ajax. We have falling down the ladder. Can we compare our league to the South African league?
Stop this crap! You keep mentioning Cerero like he's Messi or Ronaldo. If he was that good, why was the last game a draw even when they were in position to win it? You're using every tool within your power to defend Keshi, but we all know the truth.
A good coach lifts team spirits and gives them an edge over the rival team regardless of how poorly they play.
If Keshi was handed over to Chelsea to manage, he'll still fail and come up with an excuse. He's been giving excuses ever since he was appointed coach.
No sane coach would accept his job back, when it's obvious majority of Nigerians do not like his style of tactless coaching.
Sadly, because of Govt interference, we're stuck with a clueless coach. Good thing we didn't qualify. It could have been worse.
Imagine defending champions losing out in the first round and then coming back with Ebola to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by akoaki(m): 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2014
This is one of the numerous mistakes our authorities usually make. We polute every nigeria's decisions and actions with political reasoning. Our judgement is always beclouded by man-know-man syndrome. Keshi is being retained not because of any of the reasons highlighted but because no one wants to offend Mr. president who apparently should not have any business with the running of NFF.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Rapture4real(m): 2:35pm On Dec 03, 2014
Retaining Keshi is one of the best decisions taken in Nigeria's history. When you sack a coach because he fails, you will destroy the successes that follow failure.Nobody wants to repeat his mistakes. After all, he made great achievements more than any Nigerian coach within the shortest time, he showed up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Goke7: 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
JUBILEE2000:
You failed to remember that ur Keshi has made watching super Eagles play a nightmare. Under Keshi we lacked style, the creativity and the fluidity our football is known for. You are wrong to say that he gives young players opprtunity to play. Why has he not given the likes of Iheanacho, Haruna Lukman,
Isaac promise, Alampasu and many promising youngsters a chance? In our last match against South Africa in AFCON qualifiers, he left the highest goal scorer in the Nigerian league on the bench but chose to play an Emenike that has not scored a goal for long time for the entire 90minutes. No coach worth his onion will keep inviting players like Efe Ambrose, Echejile n co to the National team. Am sorry to say this: Keshi doesnt seem humble enough to learn from the past. The move to retain Keshi is yet nother regretable decision taken by NFF!!!

keshi dropped emenike in the first half against congo, you guys shouted that he lacks man management, when keshi was using the home based lads initially, you guys said the home based guys were not good enough, when keshi invited the guy from china, you guys said chinco product no good, when the chinco guy didn't start against south africa, you guys complained again that he should have started him instead, he brought uche back for you guys and we still failed to qualify, so what else do you guys want again, una no dey tire?

2 Likes

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by KLand(m): 2:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
Failure is good only if we learn from it. The question is, has Keshi learnt from his failures.? A coach is as good as his last match.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by denitro(m): 3:15pm On Dec 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:

2. Learning from failure: Experience is the best teacher.l

We sometimes get this quote wrong..

Corrected:
Experience is the WORST teacher
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Abraham2013(m): 4:11pm On Dec 03, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
[b]1. Continuity: Spain, did poorly at the last nations cup. A team which boasted of some of the best players in the world including Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, David Silva, Sergio Ramos, Jordi Alba etc. Despite their poor performance and getting whooped 5-0 by Netherlands, they stuck with their coach to promote continuity.

Retaining Coach Keshi will promote continuity and make our players grow together.

2. Learning from failure: Experience is the best teacher. If another coach takes over, he would not have first hand information why the team failed and those reasons will not be corrected. Coach Keshi knows his mistakes and from the next matches, he will correct them.

3. Emerging talents will continue to come out: Coach Keshi was a man who never failed to churn out talents. Many players made their break through in the national team. From Mba, Oboabona, Omeruo, Oshaniwa, Babatunde, Moses, Aaron Samuel, Aluko.

Coach Keshi gave many young talents their chances in the national team and many shone. Retaining Coach Keshi will maintain this trend.

4. Mikel Obi: Before Coach Keshi, Mikel was seen as a failure and a flop from the promise he showed in the age grade tourneys.

Under Coach Keshi, Mikel has shown promise and reasons why he was seen as a promising youngster. Mikel created so much chances for the team in recent years and has shown great displays in games for the Super Eagles. He was nominated for the African Footballer of the year and finished second.

Coach Keshi should be retained and I see us progressing.
http://passionforgoals..com/2014/11/4-reasons-why-renewing-coach-keshis.html[/b]
1. Continuity comes wit same result as b4. Even spain is still struggling wit results of recent. D major reason y del bosque failed was b/cos he just like keshi neva had a gud plan B. After losing against d dutch in d 1st game, he did not hav a gud plan be to fall back to making it possible for chile to beat dem wit d same tactics d dutch used. So in keshi's case, I tink we will continue seeing same results and I can bet u, we will not qualify 4 d 2018 world cup wit keshi.
2. Keshi has proven time and time again dat he does not listen to advice or take corrections from others or events. D same mistake he made @ confed cup, was d same mistake dat he made in d world cup. So wat r d guarantee dat he is going to start learning now? How can a coach win d AFCON wit a very gud team, only to disband d team wen d same team qualified u to d world cup. Its d world cup a place to try out new players?
3. Dis is d greatest problem keshi has. He does not hav a policy on players invitation to d national team. How would u encourage ur players to play 4 big teams in europe wen u keep inviting players 4rm d chinese league. Y do u tink dat david beckham was told he must play in europe to prove his fitness b4 he could be called up to d english national team. If keshi should pick a player 4rm chinese league, den let dat player be yakubu ayebeni cos he is d best performing nigerian in d chinese league. Also in as much as I like keshi inviting some home base players, I tink of late he started inviting dem on face value and not on current form. How could keshi pick egwuekwe ahead of kunle odunlami or james okwuosa? How can agbim be our 3rd choice GK wen he is not even in d best 5 GK in d NPL.
4. Mikel was neva a flop, he is just played out of position and no coach has had d balls to play him @ d DM position were I tink is his best position. I always believe dat lukman haruna is d best CM we hav in nigeria and he showed it @ 2010 world cup. Mikel is gud @ breaking play and initiating attack, not leading d attack cos he does not hav dat shooting power nor does he hav a gud attacking positional sense like lampard and wesley snider.
My final verdict is dat it is absolutely wrong 4 keshi to be giving a new contract.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Smooyis(m): 7:08pm On Dec 03, 2014
He has been given anoda contract. Lets see how it goes. Hope he learns from his mistakes.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by kpolli(m): 7:44pm On Dec 03, 2014
And you wonder why Nigeria is not progressing anywhere, when you keep giving second chances to crap
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:38pm On Dec 03, 2014
Ezemust:
That is a lie. England did not even play football as good as the Columbians or Chileans. Talk less of Brazil or Germany. How they a played the best football is nothing short of ridiculous.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:58pm On Dec 03, 2014
JUBILEE2000:
Concerning the likes of Sokari, Eduok, Udoh, Nathaniel and co. We need to understand that the NFF told Coach Keshi to reduce the number of home based players in the team. The NFF needs to allow him use the home based boys. I feel there would be drastic improvement in our play.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Were Interested In Maguire, But We Could Not Afford Him - Guardiola / Rivers United (Nigeria) Beat Bloemfontein Celtic (South Africa) 5-0 On Aggregate / Fifa President Infantino To Visit Nigeria On Sunday, 24th July 2016.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.