Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step (13666 Views)

Coach Keshi Failed Nigerians / Who Is Your Favorite Possible Alternative For Coach Keshi??? / NFF Move To Renew Keshi's Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by oluwafemi113(m): 3:29am On Dec 04, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
[b]1. Continuity: Spain, did poorly at the last nations cup. A team which boasted of some of the best players in the world including Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, David Silva, Sergio Ramos, Jordi Alba etc. Despite their poor performance and getting whooped 5-0 by Netherlands, they stuck with their coach to promote continuity.

Retaining Coach Keshi will promote continuity and make our players grow together.

2. Learning from failure: Experience is the best teacher. If another coach takes over, he would not have first hand information why the team failed and those reasons will not be corrected. Coach Keshi knows his mistakes and from the next matches, he will correct them.

3. Emerging talents will continue to come out: Coach Keshi was a man who never failed to churn out talents. Many players made their break through in the national team. From Mba, Oboabona, Omeruo, Oshaniwa, Babatunde, Moses, Aaron Samuel, Aluko.

Coach Keshi gave many young talents their chances in the national team and many shone. Retaining Coach Keshi will maintain this trend.

4. Mikel Obi: Before Coach Keshi, Mikel was seen as a failure and a flop from the promise he showed in the age grade tourneys.

Under Coach Keshi, Mikel has shown promise and reasons why he was seen as a promising youngster. Mikel created so much chances for the team in recent years and has shown great displays in games for the Super Eagles. He was nominated for the African Footballer of the year and finished second.

Coach Keshi should be retained and I see us progressing.
http://passionforgoals..com/2014/11/4-reasons-why-renewing-coach-keshis.html[/b]

Another wasted sperm.
Ur father shud have used condoms.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by RikoduoSennin(m): 6:34am On Dec 04, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
[b]1. Continuity: Spain, did poorly at the last nations cup. A team which boasted of some of the best players in the world including Xavi, Iniesta, Xabi Alonso, David Silva, Sergio Ramos, Jordi Alba etc. Despite their poor performance and getting whooped 5-0 by Netherlands, they stuck with their coach to promote continuity.

Retaining Coach Keshi will promote continuity and make our players grow together.

Tell me why Pay someone N84 Million for Failure . Please tell me what would Keshi be doing during this next year since Nigeria SE would not be involving in any major competition throughout next year. Flexing Naija money abi? Watching the club matches of Naija boys both home and abroad? Because they won't leave their clubs just to play as a Naija team with no competition to prepare for.

Even if they want to retain Keshi, it shouldn't have been now.

thegoodjoehunt3:

2. Learning from failure: Experience is the best teacher. If another coach takes over, he would not have first hand information why the team failed and those reasons will not be corrected. Coach Keshi knows his mistakes and from the next matches, he will correct them.

My my, are you in the dark about why the Team failed? In one word, Keshi is the reason. Because of Politics/Corruption in football and Poor Coaching skills. Falcon's coach don't sit down for good 90min plus of game, why? Because he is passionate about the game, giving instructions to the team.

Keshi did wrong:

1) Choice of Players- No Uche, Every match Emenike even with poor match performance. He carries out politics in choice of players to field. Tell me, why bring Aaron moses late, leave Emenike full 90mins, and field players who are perpetual bench warmers in the clubs.

2) Position of players- Musa and some other players plays wrong Position- positions they are not good at. Mikel is an example.

3) Lack of instructions to players,even while losing he just sits, chew gum and do nothing- no good for players moral

4) Lack of motivation to players, he hardly punish them. Have you not witness Maurinho substitute a Sub before just because he refuse to play what he wants he to.

5) Greatest sin of all is Lack of Technically! He has no clue what is happening in the field. The boys just play what they want to.

thegoodjoehunt3:

3. Emerging talents will continue to come out: Coach Keshi was a man who never failed to churn out talents. Many players made their break through in the national team. From Mba, Oboabona, Omeruo, Oshaniwa, Babatunde, Moses, Aaron Samuel, Aluko.

Coach Keshi gave many young talents their chances in the national team and many shone. Retaining Coach Keshi will maintain this trend.

All coach look for New talents, Keshi is not an exception.

thegoodjoehunt3:

4. Mikel Obi: Before Coach Keshi, Mikel was seen as a failure and a flop from the promise he showed in the age grade tourneys.

Under Coach Keshi, Mikel has shown promise and reasons why he was seen as a promising youngster. Mikel created so much chances for the team in recent years and has shown great displays in games for the Super Eagles. He was nominated for the African Footballer of the year and finished second.

Coach Keshi should be retained and I see us progressing.
http://passionforgoals..com/2014/11/4-reasons-why-renewing-coach-keshis.html[/b]

He is still a flop, he is going to warm that bench at Chelsea for a long time. I believe he is going to break a record on that. Do you know the quality of Chelsea midfield.

Mikel is a Poor midfielder who doesn't know that defensive midfield is his calling, until he does, he will be a flop.

How is Mikel's pass accuracy, tackling ability, or football sense----poor poor poor. Former glory just won't do. Why not field Taiye taiwo,Victor Agali, Obafemi martins while at it.

1 Like

Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by netmillionaires(m): 7:37am On Dec 04, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Coach Del Bosque had a terrible World Cup with some of the best talents. However, he was retained. Coach Keshi does not have one regular star in a top club playing for him. How do you want him to perform?

Even Cerero of South Africa is a regular for Ajax.

By the way, can you point where I compared Coach Keshi to Coach Del Bosque.

I just pointed out a federation that continued with a coach despite poor results.
OP!!! How many times did I call you. Check your number 1 well... When did Spain played in the nations cup?.... Is Spain an african country?... *Make I go tell Musa. Running after musa. Saw him, slapped him and shouted,' u finally brainwash someone. Na u 1st start dis patoranking say Spain follow us play 4 nations cup*
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Ezemust: 7:47am On Dec 04, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
That is a lie. England did not even play football as good as the Columbians or Chileans. Talk less of Brazil or Germany. How they a played the best football is nothing short of ridiculous.
mr man england was just unlucky.i can't undst y u keep defending keshi.he is incapabke.if u want continuoty plus indiginuos coach den advocate for siasia ciome back.he's far more better dan ur keshi
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Krasid(m): 10:44am On Dec 04, 2014
He should not mess up again.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:30pm On Dec 04, 2014
Ezemust:
mr man england was just unlucky.i can't undst y u keep defending keshi.he is incapabke.if u want continuoty plus indiginuos coach den advocate for siasia ciome back.he's far more better dan ur keshi
England did not play the best football at the World Cup. It is impossible.

Unlucky? They did not win a match. Even Coach Keshi you are criticising won a game. Best football by England is a joke.

Even Mexico played better.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by naijanoni(m): 4:28am On Dec 05, 2014
Goke7:

you see our problem, we easily make excuses for the failure of our so called favourite Nations, but castigate ours at every slight mistake. Spain failed at the world cup because they decided to stick to their aging players cos of past glory where they had emerging young stars from real and athletico madrid, what do you expect from players like torres, aging xavi and iniesta whose hunger for the game has nosedived. De Bosque goofed big time but you guys will not bash him because he's white skin. The Spanish FA knows this and that's why they've left him knowing its not his fault entirely.

Keshi came and brought up hungry players into our team and got immediate success, yet we castigated him and started campaigning for him to bring back old and tired legs all in the name of experience with likes of yobo, uche and martins, some were even calling for the likes of taiwo and yakubu sef. Keshi decided to compromise to keep his job by inviting some of these old hags and what do we have now, back to square zero and you think I will join you to bash keshi and make excuses for Des bosque.

My brother Let's be objective for once!
So keshi recalling uche and yobo was the reason we failed to qualify ??.
Una funny oh.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by naijanoni(m): 5:13am On Dec 05, 2014
Goke7:

you guys have come again calling all sort of names of players that are below average, that is how u guys advocated for uche until he came eventually and played poo for us against south africa, I thought players like azeez and moses played in the world cup where they made mockery of the game, balogun played in a friendly and just a push almost made the guy a cripple, you think leon balogun would have survived congo and sudan without breaking his leg again, Joel obi and obasi are too injury prone to play for the eagles and keshi has explained this so many times despite his admiration for the players, he said same thing for moses and he has been justified with moses being ruled out till next year, has sammy ameobi switched his allegiance to Nigeria formally? and who is responsible for that? is it the coach?

Please if you are being misinformed by sports journalists, please don't come here to misinform others, even if all these players were available, they are not as excellent as we think and not better than the players that failed to qualify for afcon.

I continue to reiterate my position that this generation of Nigerian players are the least talented we've ever had, anybody thinking we have players out there is either not sincere or ignorant and is misinforming Nigerians
Yes azeez played shit at d worldcup,but because he was used in a very wrong position by the tactically inept keshi.Playing
Azeez a natural defensive midfielder who had never played in an attacking role as the creative midfielder just behind emenike ?
BOUND TO FAIL !.
Go watch azeez in d la liga and see how well he plays,because he is been utilized in d right role.
And do u know d worst thing ?.That experiment failed woefully in azeez's 1st 2 matches(friendlies) in d SE.
But clueless keshi blindly continued to use him in that same wrong role(at d world cup against iran,and even in our 1st afcon qualifiers match against congo).
Sometimes i wonder if keshi doesn't see all these failures.

On moses,he warmed the bench throughout last season and was obviously out-of-form and match-rusty at d world cup.
Everyone knows what an in-form and sharp moses brings to d team.
All top class coaches invite players mostly based on current form.
Moses this season was in top form and lightening up d epl every week before his injury(5th best player in d epl according 2 whoscored.com),yet keshi ignored him.On obasi,balogun and joel obi,
Which coach in d world ignores a currently Fully fit in-form player becos of his past injuries or becos he is injury-prone ?.
What matters is a players current level of fitness.
And Joel obi,Balogun,obasi, had all been fully fit for over 6 months.
So thats an invalid excuse.

Sammy ameobi switched his allegiance to nigerian immediately after d world cup.
He could do anything for a nigerian shirt.He said he was working harder to impress at newcastle,so as to gain a nigerian call-up.
All that was needed was keshi to show interest,then d nff would do the rest.
Sammy has been in top form dis season. And his contribution has been very key to newcastle's recent revival.
If u say the players i mentioned are below average,then all the players keshi invited are useless.
Agreed the generation of players we have now are less talented.
But at least invite d best outside d less talented.
We may not have d talents to compete on d world stage,but in africa and against african teams like sudan,congo,SA ??,We have relatively good enough talents to compete,to even dominate africa.
Our less talented generation of players are better than the generation of players of many african countries.
So my brother players only made up about 5 % of our problem.
Keshi 60 %,NFF 35 %.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Goke7: 9:34am On Dec 05, 2014
naijanoni:

Yes azeez played shit at d worldcup,but because he was used in a very wrong position by the tactically inept keshi.Playing
Azeez a natural defensive midfielder who had never played in an attacking role as the creative midfielder just behind emenike ?
BOUND TO FAIL !.
Go watch azeez in d la liga and see how well he plays,because he is been utilized in d right role.
And do u know d worst thing ?.That experiment failed woefully in azeez's 1st 2 matches(friendlies) in d SE.
But clueless keshi blindly continued to use him in that same wrong role(at d world cup against iran,and even in our 1st afcon qualifiers match against congo).

On moses,he warmed the bench throughout last season and was obviously out-of-form and match-rusty at d world cup.
Moses this season was in top form and lightening up d epl every week before his injury(5th best player in d epl according 2 whoscored.com),yet keshi ignored him.On obasi,balogun and joel obi,
Which coach in d world ignores a currently Fully fit in-form player becos of his past injuries or becos he is injury-prone ?.

He could do anything for a nigerian shirt.He said he was working harder to impress at newcastle,so as to gain a nigerian call-up.
Sammy has been in top form dis season. And his contribution has been very key to newcastle's recent revival.
If u say the players i mentioned are below average,then all the players keshi invited are useless.
We may not have d talents to compete on d world stage,but in africa and against african teams like sudan,congo,SA ??,We have relatively good enough talents to compete,to even dominate africa.
Our less talented generation of players are better than the generation of players of many african countries.
Keshi 60 %,NFF 35 %.

@the bolded, thank God, we both agree on this one, that's all, get more talented players and we are good to go chikena.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by Goke7: 9:36am On Dec 05, 2014
naijanoni:

So keshi recalling uche and yobo was the reason we failed to qualify ??.
Una funny oh.

and what have both players contributed to our cause so far?
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by tuffgongjo(m): 7:04pm On Dec 05, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
In that case, Coach Roy Hodgson should have been sacked. Sometimes, you learn from failure. Remember the statement about picking yourself up and trying again!

Sacking is not the only option. Their other factors tap hat led to the slump in form. So why must the coach be sacked.
If hodgson had fail to make the WC do you think they would have retained him?
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:57pm On Dec 05, 2014
naijanoni:

BOUND TO FAIL !.

Keshi 60 %,NFF 35 %.
The reason why many of you call coach Keshi tactically inept and not good enough is because you have failed to pick up on the smart choices he makes.

Azeez. Brilliant and intelligent player. However, he is too light weight to play in an African defensive midfield. How many African sides play a light weight midfielder in a defensive midfield? If you remember, let me know. Look at the EPL. Most of the defensive midfielders are physically strong. Coach Arsene Wenger recently pointed out that he needs a physical presence in his midfield. Arteta and Flamini are too light weight.

Moses. Coach Keshi's judgement for dropping Moses was spot on. It gave Moses a chance to build his game and claim a sparring role in Coach Mark Hughes team. If Moses injured playing for Nigeria, his name would not be among the whoscored.com best players. Moses was feeling pain and he discuss with Coach Keshi. The right choice was made.

Sammy Ameobi just switched his allegiance. He would get his chance.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:59pm On Dec 05, 2014
tuffgongjo:
If hodgson had fail to make the WC do you think they would have retained him?
All of Hodgson's players are starters in the EPL. So a World Cup qualification should be an easy routine. The Super Eagles are not blessed with that level of talent yet. That is why we should put the factors around the team into context.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by naijanoni(m): 5:43am On Dec 06, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
The reason why many of you call coach Keshi tactically inept and not good enough is because you have failed to pick up on the smart choices he makes.

Azeez. Brilliant and intelligent player. However, he is too light weight to play in an African defensive midfield. How many African sides play a light weight midfielder in a defensive midfield? If you remember, let me know. Look at the EPL. Most of the defensive midfielders are physically strong. Coach Arsene Wenger recently pointed out that he needs a physical presence in his midfield. Arteta and Flamini are too light weight.

If azeez is too light-weight,then its better not to play him at all,than to continously play him in a position that he isn't comfortable with obviously.
He had Sone aluko a good natural CAM,yet he benched him and prefered to use azeez a DM in that position.
Another qualms i have with keshi is,inviting exactly the same set of defenders,even when it was very obvious that most of them were out-of-form,even fielding an injured omeruo.
Most of our defenders got too comfortable becos they really had no one challenging them for their position.
Our defence was one of the main reason we failed to qualify.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:21am On Dec 06, 2014
naijanoni:

If azeez is too light-weight,then its better not to play him at all,than to continously play him in a position that he isn't comfortable with obviously.
He had Sone aluko a good natural CAM,yet he benched him and prefered to use azeez a DM in that position.
Another qualms i have with keshi is,inviting exactly the same set of defenders,even when it was very obvious that most of them were out-of-form,even fielding an injured omeruo.
Most of our defenders got too comfortable becos they really had no one challenging them for their position.
The Super Eagles are not strong enough to go all out against top oppositions like France, Bosnia or Argentina. That was why he played a player like Azeez in that role. So he can help out in defending.

Also Michael Babatunde played The CAM role very well at the World Cup.

As for fielding Omeruo. Coach Keshi was instructed to reduce the number of home based players in the squad. So it was not easy to field the likes of Odunlami.

That is why I said, there are factors that lead to the coach making decisions fans may not like.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:24am On Dec 06, 2014
naijanoni:

Aluko is not naturally a creative midfielder. It is Coach Keshi reinventing him to play that role and Aluko is looking brilliant there. That is why I said, Coach Keshi doesn't get the credit he deserves because many people do not like him.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by tuffgongjo(m): 9:22am On Dec 06, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
All of Hodgson's players are starters in the EPL. So a World Cup qualification should be an easy routine. The Super Eagles are not blessed with that level of talent yet. That is why we should put the factors around the team into context.
Are you saying we don't have the talents to beat sudan away or congo @ home?
Do you remember the Mclaren saga?
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:26pm On Dec 06, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Are you saying we don't have the talents to beat sudan away or congo @ home?
Do you remember the Mclaren saga?
We beat Congo and Sudan in the second legs. We do not have talents that can walk over average oppositions. That is why Coach Keshi is still building.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by tuffgongjo(m): 10:24am On Dec 07, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
We beat Congo and Sudan in the second legs. We do not have talents that can work over average oppositions. That is why Coach Keshi is still building.
We don't have the talents to beat Congo$Sudan Home$Away you say?
Are you for real or is that a Joke?
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 10:40pm On Dec 07, 2014
tuffgongjo:
We don't have the talents to beat Congo$Sudan Home$Away you say?
Are you for real or is that a Joke?
I repeat, we beat Congo and Sudan in the second leg. However, this is not the first time we are not qualifying for the Nations Cup. If we were so spectacular, we would have been walking over These teams. Even the time of Taribo West and Ikpeba, Burkina Faso gave us problems. Kanu, Oruma, Okocha, Ikpeba and Co. in their U23 before the Olympics were beaten 4-0 by Togo. So it would be a mistake for you to say beat teams like Congo and Sudan. Football has left that level. You can not underrate teams.

So I repeat, we do not have talents to walkover teams like Sudan and Congo. Our talents are not in the class of Spain and Germany.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by tuffgongjo(m): 7:08am On Dec 08, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
I repeat, we beat Congo and Sudan in the second leg. However, this is not the first time we are not qualifying for the Nations Cup. If we were so spectacular, we would have been walking over These teams. Even the time of Taribo West and Ikpeba, Burkina Faso gave us problems. Kanu, Oruma, Okocha, Ikpeba and Co. in their U23 before the Olympics were beaten 4-0 by Togo. So it would be a mistake for you to say beat teams like Congo and Sudan. Football has left that level. You can not underrate teams.

So I repeat, we do not have talents to walkover teams like Sudan and Congo. Our talents are not in the class of Spain and Germany.
This is d last time that I will comment on this matter,we don't need to have the talents that spain have or Germany before we can beat Congo$Sudan home$away.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Renewing Coach Keshi's Contract Is The Right Step by tck2000(m): 11:46am On Jun 07, 2019
Rip Kechi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PSG Vs Man Utd: Pogba Could Win Ballon D'or - Herrera / Mbappe To Join Real Madrid Even If Zidane Replaces Pochettino At PSG / Nigerians May Miss Out On Watching The 2013 Nations Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.