Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Is The North Xenophobic? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is The North Xenophobic? (4430 Views)

You Can't Insult The North And Stay In Power-knwankwaso / If I Hated The North, I Wouldn’t Have Built Almajiri Schools - Jonathan / Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RedHotChic(f): 11:28pm On Nov 30, 2008
u pearl, or so called, don't try to make fun of the issu here. Be serious

cheesy grin grin aboki, you again? cheesy cheesy
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by DavidDylan(m): 11:30pm On Nov 30, 2008
I dont understand why some like to turn serious threads into a teenage fan club all the time.

There's the forum games section for such nonsense.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RibaduFan(m): 11:32pm On Nov 30, 2008
I think the South shd also be blamed for some of these atrocities.

Instead of building big edificies as churches, if we had aggresively worked at establishing the gospel in the North, maybe incidences such as this would be at the minimum.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RedHotChic(f): 11:32pm On Nov 30, 2008
I don't understand why some like to turn serious threads into a teenage fan club all the time.

You are so right.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RibaduFan(m): 11:34pm On Nov 30, 2008
David

Dont get touchy. Admitted everyone is pissed, but this is just not a forum for discussing issues, it is also an avenie for unwinding.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RedHotChic(f): 11:35pm On Nov 30, 2008
David

don't get touchy. Admitted everyone is pissed, but this is just not a forum for discussing issues, it is also an avenie for unwinding.
There is time for everything.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RibaduFan(m): 11:36pm On Nov 30, 2008
Are u telling me tell ur attention seeking Ruby and ur Hot self.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by oudeima: 11:39pm On Nov 30, 2008
O RHC I think u'r wright
every body is going mad today.
could it bad eggs?
or the water?
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RedHotChic(f): 11:42pm On Nov 30, 2008
O RHC I think u'r wright
every body is going mad today.
could it bad eggs?
or the water?

A nairalander, David Dylan lost a friend in the mayhem.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by DavidDylan(m): 11:42pm On Nov 30, 2008
yemmyse:

David

don't get touchy. Admitted everyone is pissed, but this is just not a forum for discussing issues, it is also an avenie for unwinding.

there are places to unwind. Hit the forum games section or the jokes area or romance . . . plenty of room to unwind there.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RibaduFan(m): 11:49pm On Nov 30, 2008
Have got a kid brother serving close to the LG. My whole family is shit scared.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by Kweenisha: 11:52pm On Nov 30, 2008
It's not a matter of how but when will the next northern killings start.
That was a thread that told us the almajiris of northern Nigeria are sniffing gutters to get high.
[b]Until those useless parents who send their unwanted kids to a mallam to turn them into jihadists are arrested and dealt with and the mallams that teach them this muslim extremist views are locked up for life,these things would continue.[/b]Almajirism should be outlawed.That's a good place to start.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by MaiSuya(m): 12:00am On Dec 01, 2008
O! my beloved North. . . wink
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RedHotChic(f): 12:00am On Dec 01, 2008
It's not a matter of how but when will the next northern killings start.
That was a thread that told us the almajiris of northern Nigeria are sniffing gutters to get high.
[b]Until those useless parents who send their unwanted kids to a mallam to turn them into jihadists are arrested and dealt with and the mallams that teach them this muslim extremist views are locked up for life,these things would continue.[/b]Almajirism should be outlawed.That's a good place to start.

How many will you arrest? we are talking of a generation of hoodlums roaming the streets of Nigeria with daggers in their pockets. The problem is bigger than you think.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RedHotChic(f): 12:01am On Dec 01, 2008
O! my beloved North. . .

You are rejoicing because people lost their loved ones?. Pray tell it wont happen to you or your relation tho.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RibaduFan(m): 12:01am On Dec 01, 2008
Mass enlightenment, mass education, mass deislamazation is the solution
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by maxell(f): 12:03am On Dec 01, 2008
McKren:

when will arewa speak out to condemn the acts and ensure that the culprits are sent to jail

What are all our leaders from southern Nigeria doing about the constant killing of their brethren in the North ?

All the Senators, House of Rep members, governors etc from the south, why can't they speak with one
voice and say enough is enough ? That the culprits must be held accountable for once ?

If one of Iyabo Obasanjo or governor liyel imoke's relative was killed in Jos, do you think they would
just lay idle and not demand for justice ?
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by maxell(f): 12:06am On Dec 01, 2008
The hausa/fulani of the north are taking advantage of the lack of unity of the south, big time !
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by bawomolo(m): 12:07am On Dec 01, 2008
yemmyse:

Mass enlightenment, mass education, mass deislamazation is the solution

can't the same be said for the south?
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RedHotChic(f): 12:14am On Dec 01, 2008
What are all our leaders from southern Nigeria doing about the constant killing of their brethren in the North ?

All the Senators, House of Rep members, governors etc from the south, why can't they speak with one
voice and say enough is enough ? That the culprits must be held accountable for once ?

If one of Iyabo Obasanjo or governor liyel imoke's relative was killed in Jos, do you think they would
just lay idle and not demand for justice

Who said they are not saying something against it?. Its up to the northern laders to speak out first because we are the bereaved party.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RibaduFan(m): 12:16am On Dec 01, 2008
Bawolo

When was the last time the south when on a killing spree.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RedHotChic(f): 12:18am On Dec 01, 2008
Bawolo

Do we even have terrorists from the south?
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by tpia: 12:20am On Dec 01, 2008
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by RubyPearl: 12:24am On Dec 01, 2008
Angry ppl in the house for real.

I don comot myself. undecided
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by bawomolo(m): 12:28am On Dec 01, 2008
RubyPearl:

Angry people in the house for real.

I don comot myself. undecided

you are dismissed to the romance section until further notice.

yemmyse:

Bawolo

there has been communal violence in the south too. ife-modakeke wasn't a bunch of mallams killing themselves with rice bullets. the violence in the Niger Delta etc. the whole of Nigeria needs re-orientation.  we are doomed if LG elections can't be held in peace
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by maxell(f): 12:30am On Dec 01, 2008
RedHotChic:

Who said they are not saying something against it?. Its up to the northern laders to speak out first because we are the bereaved party.

Please, show me where leaders of the south have said anything regarding bringing these culprits to the book.

This mindset that the northern leaders have to speak out first is why the killing persists !

We have been waiting for decades for them to speak out, where has it gotten us ?

What is keeping the Southern Senators in abuja from conducting hearings and summoning the IG of police
about the fate of the perpetrators ?

DavidDylan:

I don't understand why some like to turn serious threads into a teenage fan club all the time.

They are suffering from a disease called "small pickinism" tongue
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by bawomolo(m): 12:36am On Dec 01, 2008

What is keeping the Southern Senators in abuja from conducting hearings and summoning the IG of police
about the fate of the perpetrators ?

an investigation by the Nigerian police? we can as well let OPC handle this.
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by Kweenisha: 12:40am On Dec 01, 2008
People have called me names but unless one understands the mindset of Islamists,you'll never understand why the culprits are set free through a back door even when captured.
Islam tells them there is no punishment when a muslim believer kills a infidel so they are let go.
Oluwatoyin, the teacher in Gombe was killed for "desecrating a Koran",what happened to the  killers?
An Igbo lorry driver was pulled off his vehicle and beaten to death because his lorry blew hot smoke on a Koran and desecrated it while he backed up
what happened?
Of course they got off free,because even here on nairaland bellotti and the rest of them told us desecrating a Koran is punishable by death
This is a learned fellow who works ina an office in Abuja o
and these are the people we're hoping to reason with?
they are incapable of thinking the way humans with a heart think.
The religion is dipped in blood and killings mean nothing to them.
They easily kill their own kids who leave Islam
They kill their kids for suspision of fornication or rape
They kill women for adultery ,fornication and rape
They kill Christians to propagate Islam
and they believe they are doing the work of allah

Anyone hoping themm to actively do something knows nothing of what they beleive.

1 Like

Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by maxell(f): 12:48am On Dec 01, 2008
Our so-called leaders from southern Nigeria have failed us abeg. There is nothing keeping them from speaking
with one voice demanding these culprits to be held accountable.

There is nothing keeping southern members of the national assembly from holding hearings regarding these killings.

Like I said earlier, the hausa/fulani of the north are taking advantage of the fact that we the people of southern
Nigeria are not united.

When people know they can treat you like shiit and you are going to sit there every time like a lame duck,
they will keep treating you like shiiit !!!
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by Muza(m): 1:40am On Dec 01, 2008
maxell:

Our so-called leaders from southern Nigeria have failed us abeg. There is nothing keeping them from speaking
with one voice demanding these culprits to be held accountable.

There is nothing keeping southern members of the national assembly from holding hearings regarding these killings.

Like I said earlier, the hausa/fulani of the north are taking advantage of the fact that we the people of southern
Nigeria are not united.

When people know they can treat you like shiit and you are going to sit there every time like a lame duck,
they will keep treating you like shiiit !!!

Why will they care when they are busy sharing the oil money grin
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by lucabrasi(m): 3:30am On Dec 03, 2008
@post
the north are not xenophobic,nigerians are , no one tribe as a whole in nigeria are bad,only a section of the hausas are being taken advantage of on account of their ignorance and illiteracy using religion as the primer to set them off
Re: Is The North Xenophobic? by Muza(m): 9:34am On Dec 03, 2008
lucabrasi:

@post
the north are not xenophobic,nigerians are , no one tribe as a whole in nigeria are bad,only a section of the hausas are being taken advantage of on account of their ignorance and illiteracy using religion as the primer to set them off

well said

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Once Tagged A Sectional Team Is A Champions Of Africa / Nnamdi Kanu Unveils "Peoples Revolutionary Army" Funded By Nigerians In Diaspora / Bayelsa Polls: IReV Has Come To Stay And Will Be Used - Effanga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.