Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,117 members, 7,842,229 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack (33215 Views)

Obiano Visits Mosque Which Was Attacked During The Protest In Onitsha (Photos) / Emir Of Kano, Sanusi, Visits Buhari At The Presidential Villa (Photos) / Emir of Kano, Sanusi Visits Buhari in his Kaduna residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by decode55(m): 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2014
Ok
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by Ask4bigneyo(m): 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2014
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by epospiky(m): 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2014
So pathetic RIP to the dead. This is gonna cause a lot of confusion. Help us dear God.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by Brimmie(m): 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2014
Hi Guys! I just wanna say I'm back! After being banned by Ngwakwe for Months.

Shout out to all ya Progressives out there!
#CHANGE

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2014
he is inspecting projects executed by his boys undecidedhe is inspecting projects executed by his boys

4 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by FavourCintosis(m): 6:46pm On Nov 29, 2014
Hmmmmm..odikwa egwu!...Oga Sanusi,hmmmm undecided
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by tshabalala: 6:46pm On Nov 29, 2014
A Living Witness
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by okonja(m): 6:47pm On Nov 29, 2014
R.I.P to the dead
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by NupeZalla(m): 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
some peeps are so hearless..RIP to the Dead!
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by sexylogan(m): 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
dunkem21:
Its really a pity. We will win the war against terror.

Amen
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
[b]I cant just but pity Nigeria. Nigeria is suffering because of just clueless and inept leadership. Still wondering how Nigeria got to this low ebb, this is the worst we have found ourselves. People are dying everyday and leadership is totally helpless, even the no. 1 citizen cannot even visit some parts of the country due to fear of attack! shame on you Nigeria! Every country deserves the kind of leadership it gets, Jonathan you are the worst president in the history of Nigeria, I pity you Nigeria, may God save Nigeria from this destructive cabal! Amen
Now the PDP has said the opposition are the ones sponsoring the terrorist, please arrest them immediately even if it is GMB, otherwise GEJ should just keep quiet and accept he has failed Nigeria. All the PDP is doing is fighting innocent politicians but runs away from a rag tag army of 2,000 Boko Haram, shame on you Nigeria army, shame on you GEJ, shame on you Nigeria. In a country of 170 million, are you shitting me the clueless man called GEJ is the best person to rule the country? we obviously need change! Fresh air till Nigeria disintegrate!![/b]
[size=12pt][/size]

5 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by Nonybb: 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2014
That should be what elites of hausa gambaris should be doing and not to criticize my amiable meek president all the time
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by Edywalex: 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2014
Thank God i made second page despite i ws trying to be first to coment.ALL I KNOW GOD IS WATCHING UP ABOVE.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by Nobody: 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2014
Sanusi statement isn't straightforward at all and very suspicious. I hope its not what am thinking lipsrsealed
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by KingTom(m): 6:51pm On Nov 29, 2014
HRH Sanusi said From all indications the attackers had been planning their attack for at least two months. Those of you blowing the statement out of proportion should hold your tongues, our brothers over there need calm and reassurance over their safety from their leaders! That is exactly what Sanusi has done. The other one is busy threatening to wipe out the existence of BH when he had not even sent a representative to visit the place. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by festusfeezy(m): 6:52pm On Nov 29, 2014
So he knew there was going to be bomb blast, daz y he flew out. Hmmmm, God save dis country from all these blood sucking demons

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by Adminisher: 6:53pm On Nov 29, 2014
kilokeys:
who don go don go..

but like oyinbo film.. many plots dey

1.how emir take sabi say na 2 months plan

2. he wasn't around during the attack

3. he is so sure it wouldn't happen again because... hmmm it wouldnt happen again

Your line of thought is childish. If you are suggesting that Sanusi arranged the bombing of innocent civilian subjects of his in a mosque of all places ...and all because of GEJ then I say this 2015 is turning some Nigerians into serious psychiatric cases.

4 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by solara: 6:54pm On Nov 29, 2014
lalasticlala:
The Emir of Kano, Muhammed Sanusi II, on Saturday said Nigeria’s Muslims will not be intimidated into abandoning Islam following coordinated bomb and gun attacks on the city’s central mosque that left at least 120 people dead.

We will never be intimidated into abandoning our religion, which is the intention of the attackers,” the emir said during a 20-minute-visit to the mosque shortly after his return to the country.

The mosque adjoins his palace in the city. Sanusi was out of Nigeria on Friday, when the deadly assault on the mosque occurred.

Last week, the emir — who is the country’s second most senior Muslim cleric — made a call at the same mosque urging civilians to take up arms against the Islamist extremist group Boko Haram.
But during his visit, he implicitly dismissed widespread speculation that the attack was in retaliation to that call.

“From all indications, they (attackers) have been planning this for at least two months,” Sanusi said in Hausa, the dominant language in northern Nigeria.

The emir, who did not give details supporting that assertion, directed the place be washed and cleaned, an AFP correspondent at the scene reported.
Pieces of flesh, blood splatters, broken floor tiles, abandoned footwear and prayer mats littered the mosque when the emir visited the mosque.

– Blood on mosque’s walls –

Bloodstains were also noticeable at the entrance and on the walls of the mosque. The bomb blasts had left gaping holes in the ceiling of the sprawling religious edifice.

“I have directed that the mosque be washed and cleaned and prayers should continue here,” Sanusi said.

He did comment on the victims of the attack.

Hundreds of residents and faithfuls thronged the outside of the mosque to catch a glimpse of the scene of the carnage. Carcasses of dozens of burnt motorcycles and cars as well as water bottles and hand fans were scattered around the area.

A senior rescue official late Friday gave AFP the preliminary death toll of 120.
The official also said that at least 270 people were wounded in the attack, which saw two suicide bombers blow themselves up and gunmen opened fire during weekly prayers in Kano, the biggest city in the mainly Muslim north of the country.

Kano State acting police chief, Sanusi Lemu, told journalists that three of the attackers were grabbed and killed by the enraged mob.

He did not give further details.

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan vowed Saturday to hunt down those behind the “heinous” attack.

A statement from his office said he had “directed the security agencies to launch a full-scale investigation and to leave no stone unturned until all agents of terror … are tracked down and brought to justice”.

He urged Nigerians “not to despair in this moment of great trial in our nation’s history but to remain united to confront the common enemy,” the statement said.

More than 13,000 people are thought to have died since Boko Haram began its insurgency in 2009.

source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/emir-kano-visits-mosque-deadly-attack/

hmmm... lipsrsealed
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by Babs2040: 6:56pm On Nov 29, 2014
ACCEPT MY SYMPATHY OH EMIR OF KANO.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by festusfeezy(m): 6:57pm On Nov 29, 2014
Edywalex:
Thank God i made second page despite i ws trying to be first to coment.ALL I KNOW GOD IS WATCHING UP ABOVE.

What is this thing saying for heaven sake, we are talking about the safety of our nation and u are here typing s h i t

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by eleko1: 6:59pm On Nov 29, 2014
sad sad sad he's probably their target.Eni olorun o pa,enikan o le pa.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by synergycom19: 7:05pm On Nov 29, 2014
GEJ 'vow to bring the attakers to justice' off course he is on top of the situations. Na today
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by Reference(m): 7:05pm On Nov 29, 2014
I don't know what the muslim faith says in regards to places of great human tragedy such as this but I just feel the mosque should be rebuilt some place close and the old mosque turned to a memorial of sorts. Washing is not an option. Water and soap doesn't erase memories.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by emmykk(m): 7:07pm On Nov 29, 2014
Those of us that school in france didnt hear the bomb sound...how loud was the gboka.
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by tayolove12(m): 7:08pm On Nov 29, 2014
I don't knw what boko bois are fighting for, muslim fighting muslim becz of what?
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by personal59: 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2014
sanusi, if u are indeed innocent answer dese questions;
1) how do u know dey planned it for 2 months?

[/quote]
See ur self so u think to blow up a place is a day job don't u think boko boys also hav strategies everything na politics that's part of the problem we have in nigeria
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by Owodiong(m): 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2014
Na Dem Dem
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by Kagarko(m): 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2014
changes1:
Na them them....

whats good for the goose its also good for the gander.
In like manner, what's bad for the Christians praying inside the church is also bad for the Muslims praying in the mosque...

This isn't time to trade blames, but the truth must b said. if they had spoken out to condemn it when Christians were being bombed and shot while praying I'm very sure that mosque wouldn't have been bombed.

I saw one thunder down press up and carrying weight at the gym... Believe you me that thunder is going to fire anyone that brings PDP or APC into this...

The perpetuators of this evil aren't inclined to any religion.

But this blame game isn't the solution to this problem.

Iam still asking why are the service chiefs still in our pay roll they are suppose to resign or sacked by the government.

In a civilized society the service chiefs will voluntarily resign and apologise for not discharging their responsibility effectively.

Oh Allah help us out. Expose this evil people in human flesh alongside their sponsors.

3 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by IleIfe2(m): 7:13pm On Nov 29, 2014
is the mosque a sunni or shia mosque?

1 Like

Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by personal59: 7:15pm On Nov 29, 2014
Reference:
I don't know what the muslim faith says in regards to places of great human tragedy such as this but I just feel the mosque should be rebuilt some place close and the old mosque turned to a memorial of sorts. Washing is not an option. Water and soap doesn't erase memories.
And y would dey close it down tah ina lilahi waina ilehi rajiun that's the world
Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un (Arabic: إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ‎) is a part of a verse from the Qur'an which translates to "Surely we belong to Allah and to Him shall we return". The phrase is recited by Muslims when a person experiences a tragedy in life, especially upon hearing news that a Muslim has died. The phrase is also recited in situation that involve risk of any sort
So that's it prayer continues the deed has been done
Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by gratiaeo(m): 7:15pm On Nov 29, 2014
Some of them were rejoicing when their religious brothers bombed St Theresa madala. The chicken has come home to roost

5 Likes

Re: Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Mosque After Deadly Attack by personal59: 7:16pm On Nov 29, 2014
IleIfe2:
is the mosque a sunni or shia mosque?
Is neither the two but those who follows Allah's injunction and the prophet rule nothing else

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) / BREAKING: Another Ex-nigerian Governor Joshua Dariye Convicted Of Fraud / Boko Haram Abducts 100 Young Men In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.