Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,132 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Why Christians Needs To "STOP" And Have A Re-think About Their Faith. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christians Needs To "STOP" And Have A Re-think About Their Faith. (874 Views)

How Christians Died For Their Faith While Muslims Kill For Islam / Scientists Explain Their Faith. / Reasons Why Christians Are Falling For False Teachings And Doctrines ( Edited ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Christians Needs To "STOP" And Have A Re-think About Their Faith. by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 01, 2014
i write this post as a born and devoted christian. continous study and research has given me enough reasons to wonder if we're actually gettin it right anyway.
according to the bible, christians are d followers of Christ, the only begotten son of God. After his recorded crucifizion, death, resurectn and assension, his(Christ's) ministry on earth was propagated by his disciples with Peter as their head. we were all in turn born/brought in to beleive and worship what we dont really know(GOD IS IGNORANCE).
I feel we should all try to have a re-think about our religeous faith, contradictions and the misinterpretation of scriptures.
I get really worried when i consider the following;
(i) the Rman Catholic Church beleives they are the only true church as established by Christ, with apostle Peter as their first pope(leader). They also see the fulfilment of the scipture(mattew 16:18) by erecting their headquarters @ the grave of Peter(st. Peter's Basilica) in Rome.
(ii) the RCM also teaches that the bible came from them while every other church came 4rm the bible. claiming that as the custordians of all the original manuscripts of the bible, that it is only the Catholic church that uses the complete bible(Jeruselem bible)
(iii) every other congrgation(especially the penticostal churches) see the Catholic as a fertish and outdated religion.
(iv) every other congregation even the once that just poped up a few years ago disagree with the authentesity of the DEUTERO CANONICAL BOOKS thst are included in the catholic bible
(v) christians whole heartedly accept the first five book as written by MOSES(genesis, exodus, levitecus, numbers & deuteronom), negleting the sixth and seventh book just because its pure revelation of abstract powers(mistics)
(vi) the leadership of the new generation churches espicial PENTICOSTAL are busy extorting money 4rm their members in the name of offering, tithe & seed sowing, fly around the world with private jets, and others driving exotic cars while the members are ravaging in poverty.
More to share on this, but i want us to start thinking. If there is any thing that burthers your mind about christianity, please lets share it here.
Re: Why Christians Needs To "STOP" And Have A Re-think About Their Faith. by theunusualmoon(m): 9:21am On Dec 01, 2014
As confusing as christianity may seem let us not forget that it was man that polluted the church and the will of GOD by choosing to reveal some scriptures and conceal others.Since man discovered the powers they are capable of wielding due to the commitment believers display they turned the apple cart upside down and took advantage of our belief.
Please remember that Whatever errors exist in the church or scripture cannot take away the fact that we were created by a supreme being.
Re: Why Christians Needs To "STOP" And Have A Re-think About Their Faith. by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 01, 2014
more insights on this
@MOD.... front page please
Re: Why Christians Needs To "STOP" And Have A Re-think About Their Faith. by sanali(m): 2:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
Like they use to say, u wanna get rich fast, be a politician or pastor
X
Re: Why Christians Needs To "STOP" And Have A Re-think About Their Faith. by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 12, 2015
christianity is pure bussiness
Re: Why Christians Needs To "STOP" And Have A Re-think About Their Faith. by kay1one(m): 10:04am On Apr 12, 2015
osina1414:
christianity is pure bussiness

So every christian is a pastor?! You're just a re.tarded low life!
Re: Why Christians Needs To "STOP" And Have A Re-think About Their Faith. by Scholar8200(m): 3:16pm On Apr 12, 2015
osina1414:
i write this post as a born and devoted christian. continous study and research has given me enough reasons to wonder if we're actually gettin it right anyway.
according to the bible, christians are d followers of Christ, the only begotten son of God. After his recorded crucifizion, death, resurectn and assension, his(Christ's) ministry on earth was propagated by his disciples with Peter as their head. we were all in turn born/brought in to beleive and worship what we dont really know(GOD IS IGNORANCE).
I feel we should all try to have a re-think about our religeous faith, contradictions and the misinterpretation of scriptures.
I get really worried when i consider the following;
(i) the Rman Catholic Church beleives they are the only true church as established by Christ, with apostle Peter as their first pope(leader). They also see the fulfilment of the scipture(mattew 16:18) by erecting their headquarters @ the grave of Peter(st. Peter's Basilica) in Rome.
(ii) the RCM also teaches that the bible came from them while every other church came 4rm the bible. claiming that as the custordians of all the original manuscripts of the bible, that it is only the Catholic church that uses the complete bible(Jeruselem bible)
(iii) every other congrgation(especially the penticostal churches) see the Catholic as a fertish and outdated religion.
(iv) every other congregation even the once that just poped up a few years ago disagree with the authentesity of the DEUTERO CANONICAL BOOKS thst are included in the catholic bible
(v) christians whole heartedly accept the first five book as written by MOSES(genesis, exodus, levitecus, numbers & deuteronom), negleting the sixth and seventh book just because its pure revelation of abstract powers(mistics)
(vi) the leadership of the new generation churches espicial PENTICOSTAL are busy extorting money 4rm their members in the name of offering, tithe & seed sowing, fly around the world with private jets, and others driving exotic cars while the members are ravaging in poverty.
More to share on this, but i want us to start thinking. If there is any thing that burthers your mind about christianity, please lets share it here.
At op, I'd like to answer these in the same order: 1. Church refers to the Body Of Christ and it consists of individual believers (eg the Revelations starts with Christ's message to the churches it could only have meant body of believers) who have repented and surrendered their lives to Christ. It's not the building. If the RCM believes it's the only church, it does not mean that point is true! 2. For the prophecy came not . . . By the will of man, but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. 2 Peter 1:21 the claim of being the source of the Bible is refuted by this. Also see 2 Timothy 3:16. 3. I know there are RCM members reading this and all I will say is that any one naming the Name of Christ and attending Any Church should like the Bereans study the Word and if your Church in any respect contradicts the Word, the latter should supersede. 4. Not all books were inspired eg Joshua 10:13 speaks of Jasher not included in bible etc some were purely historical or records and writings by scribes. I believe both the Writing and Canonisation of Books in Scripture was Inspired by God. 5. The last book of Moses - Deuteronomy ended with the death of Moses hence I dont think those mysticals were from him. Also, the theme of the 6th and 7th books of Moses agrees not with the Message in the Pentateuch. In conclusion, they were not written by Moses. 7. Yes, you see these are days when false prophets are in large supply. Bible even says they'll make merchandise of those who follow them 2 Peter 2:1-3 but there are still faithful ones today. Also, it wont be right to generalise as regards all the members as been poor while all pastors are rich.
Re: Why Christians Needs To "STOP" And Have A Re-think About Their Faith. by mustymatic(m): 3:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
Pastors and money... hmmm

(1) (Reply)

The 'homeless' Pastor / Pray Yourself And Don't Be Gullible! / Receive Jesus Today - Prophet Dr Chris Okafor (liberation City)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.