Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. (2347 Views)

Amechi's AIT Interview On Focus Nigeria Was A Shame! / If Nigeria Was To Divide.... / m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by abila122: 8:09pm On Dec 01, 2014
ok
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by pat077: 8:38pm On Dec 01, 2014
Nigeria is not a country - it's an appendage of d west.
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by eledacedar(f): 8:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
malawian2:

wrong. royal niger company is the british company that was in charge of nigeria. royal niger company was also in charge of india.

The British govt paid the royal Niger company some money before taking over from the company. The royal Niger company is what we presently call Unilever.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by sniperr007(m): 9:27pm On Dec 01, 2014
noblezone:
Nigeria is not an really "African" nation, it is an extension of the brutish British (slave masters) nation.
Yes, I call them slave masters because that s what there are!

Nothing is original here!
Our political system is not original. That it is working for the slave masters does not mean it will work for us.
If we want to build great African nations with Nigeria as an example, then we must sit down and negotiate. It was the slave masters that negotiated Nigeria. She was negotiated in London and not in African soil by Africans.
Our constitution is neither here nor there. We are just beating about the bush.

Until we negotiate Nigeria properly and have the peoples constitution, we are just wasting our time! Those who are scared of negotiating a split are just myopic.
This drag for supremacy will continue and the circle of blood will never end.

It has flown in the south East, it later went to the south South and now it is happening in the north.
Shall we wait more, perhaps when it reaches south west, then we can wake up?

Perhaps, you will say it will never happen in the south west?
Well, the Igbos never knew that suddenly, Nigerians would be against them. killing them at will.
The South South people never knew that suddenly, soldiers would invade their lands, wiping out communities?
Do you think the north prepared for what is happening today?

Is it not enough?

It is not only in Nigeria. All over Africa we have conflicts and armed struggles. People in the same so called Nations, killing one another for supremacies. My heart is bleeding for Africa! We sell our natural resources, used it to buy arms and then kill ourselves.

On this so many a kid and greedy "leaders" misunderstand us and call us names! Yet, our passion is so deep rooted in seeing darkness role away.

When will Africa get it right?

When shall we stop consumption and start production?
When shall we stop importing and start exporting?
When shall we stop buying arms from our "masters" and rather manufacture and sell arms to them to kill themselves too?
Don't misunderstand me, I am not wishing them evil!
I am rather angry at our stupidity as a people!

Where are the real patriots? Where are the real progressives? Where are the real Africans?
Our best brains are running away from our lands! Running to greener pastures. Yet, America was built by Americans. Britain was built by the British. Chinese are building China!

Am I blaming the slave masters?

No, I commend them for being smart and I rather blame Africans for being so silly.
Why must we import food, when we have good soils? were we not growing our food before now?

We got the brains, we got the resources but lack the will!
Rise up or Africans, rise up!
this is a clarion call.

https://www.nairaland.com/2023176/nigeria-not-really-african-nation

Its no longer a company but a country that hasn't found its identity and still willing subject itsef to its formal master & added a new one.
Re: Nigeria Was First Registered As A Company Before It Became A Country. by tit(f): 9:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
malawian2:

wrong. royal niger company is the british company that was in charge of nigeria. royal niger company was also in charge of india.

You mean the Royal India Company.
That Royal India company was looking for a market for tea, and the British government gave it a monopoly over its American colonies.
Rival tea merchants, smugglers, etc organised the Boston Tea party, and the rest is history.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Drop A Message Of Congrat For President Buhari / (photos) The State Of Portharcourt Road In Aba Abia State. / Full Show MTV Africa Music Awards. 2015 18/07/2015 MTVMAMA 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.