Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . (25688 Views)

Former President And Wife Leave For Otuoke( Picture) / Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Tambuwal's Seat / Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by p3ndy79: 8:31pm On Dec 01, 2014
patrickmuf:
Some of this kids are novice in the game...Bunch of know-nothing they all are...Imagine the line that fool drew your attention to, guess the grammar was too much for him to comprehend so he automatically thought it meant eviction or vacation of a said position... Guys be fooling themselves here...If only it was not a faceless forum...

My brother, PDP is symnonymous with failure and hence it is easy to decipher the kind of people supporting them.

They hold on to straw to keep from drowning.
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by bennyzer(m): 8:31pm On Dec 01, 2014
LATEST NEWS
Court Refuses PDP's Application to
Remove Tambuwal as Speaker. Guy check this day for the latest.
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by crown777(m): 8:36pm On Dec 01, 2014
In simple English;

Court Refuses PDP's Application to Remove Tambuwal as Speaker

An attempt by the Peoples Democratic Party to surreptitiously remove the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal, through an ex parte application has. failed as the trial judge, Justice Ahmed Mohammed, ordered the party to put the Speaker on notice.

The court turned down the party's request for an ex parte order to compel Tambuwal to vacate his seat as Speaker of the House of Representatives following his defection from the majority party (PDP).

PDP's counsel, Chief Mike Ahamba (SAN), who argued the application, said Tambuwal had lost his seat by reason of his defection, according to the provisions of section 68 of the 1999 constitution.

The party joined the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Alhaji Aminu Tambuwal and the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Emeka Ihedioha, as respondents in the motion.

It urged the court to order Tambuwal to give effect to the provisions of section 68(1)(g) of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended) to declare his seat at the House of Representatives vacant.

PDP also prayed the court for an alternative order directing the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives to declare the Kebbe/Tambuwal seat vacant by an order of mandamus.

Also in the ex parte motion, PDP asked the court to stop Tambuwal from performing or continuing to perform the function of the Speaker in the House of Representatives, or sitting or continuing to sit in the House as a member.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/court-refuses-pdps-application-to-remove-tambuwal-as-speaker/195537/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
patrickmuf:
Some of this kids are novice in the game...Bunch of know-nothing they all are...Imagine the line that fool drew your attention to, guess the grammar was too much for him to comprehend so he automatically thought it meant eviction or vacation of a said position... Guys be fooling themselves here...If only it was not a faceless forum...

Does it occur to you that perhaps that people are excited that finally PDP has pursued a smart move they should have undertaking 4 weeks ago?

with this move I can bet my house that Tambuwal will go before xmas!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by onoja12: 8:39pm On Dec 01, 2014
i can assure you,i would be a President that wouldn't sell Nigeria or Nigerians out,one that wouldn't take shit from any white man,and one who wouldn't promoted western policies in Nigeria and yes finally one who would make sure that does who are not loyalty to Nigeria should not hold post e.g double citizens holder,can the same be said about you?

donroxy:
Stop being more foolish than expected ... This is never about english nor asslicking .... This is about having sense of shame especially in Governance issue .
Imagine a slow-mentality like you becoming Nigerian President , climbing the fence of eagle-square will be normal to your brain !!

We simply asked our leaders to conform with 21st century style of Governance and stop taking us back to 15th century when mankind Orientation was quite low !!

If you can't see the odd in what your leaders has done , you are a worst slave with a clogged brain even in your own home !!
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by patrickmuf(m): 8:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
mikeansy:

Does it occur to you that perhaps that people are excited that finally PDP has pursued a smart move they should have undertaking 4 weeks ago?

with this move I can bet my house that Tambuwal will go before xmas!
Well, I haven't got much to say to you...Just read through the thread and learn a thing or two...
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2014
patrickmuf:
Well, I haven't got much to say to you...Just read through the thread and learn a thing or two...

with all due respect sir I have better sources of learning and education

some of us said it on this site weeks ago that this is the best way for PDP to get rid of Tambuwal

so I am not quite sure what you think I will learn from this thread?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by patrickmuf(m): 8:50pm On Dec 01, 2014
mikeansy:

with all due respect sir I have better sources of learning and education

some of us said it on this site weeks ago that this is the best way for PDP to get rid of Tambuwal

so I am not quite sure what you think I will learn from this thread?
What exactly is getting you all excited? Read through the write up and I can't find anything that supports your position on this matter...Is there something of note i'm missing here?
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by xcolanto(m): 9:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
TambAWOL has finally gone AWOL for life! Indeed the law has long arms. It was only a matter of time but he sure had this coming when he defected from the party that elected him into being speaker without any division in the party. In tambAWOL attempt to please his political godfathers and side with the opposition, he let his sentiments becloud his reasoning.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 01, 2014
patrickmuf:
What exactly is getting you all excited? Read through the write up and I can't find anything that supports your position on this matter...Is there something of note i'm missing here?

What is getting us excited is that PDP is now making a move which gives Tambuwal no loopholes to exploit

The courts can only come to one conclusion as section 68 is very clear on this matter

that's why we are all excited. Tambuwal can now come to Abuja and defend the existence of his "made-up" local crisis in Sokoto

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by patrickmuf(m): 9:17pm On Dec 01, 2014
mikeansy:

What is getting us excited is that PDP is now making a move which gives Tambuwal no loopholes to exploit

The courts can only come to one conclusion as section 68 is very clear on this matter

that's why we are all excited. Tambuwal can now come to Abuja and defend the existence of his "made-up" local crisis in Sokoto
Oh he made it up?
It's pointless chest beating and claiming Nostradamus here, I'd say give it time, time reveals...The matter is in the court of law, let's just observe...
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Caseless: 9:22pm On Dec 01, 2014
Firefire:
[size=14pt]Good News

Goodbye Tambuwal.

Next Time behave yourself, Don't Monkey with Electricity
[/size]
u go laugh at urself at the end of everything. U did not understand what this judgement mean, i guess.
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by jikanbage: 9:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
cktheluckyman:
ALHAJI AMINU THUGBUWAL!!! THE LEADER OF A GROUP OF THUGS WHICH ASSAULTED THE NIGERIAN POLICE AT THE NASS
monkey do u sucked stupidity during your breastfeeding then u need to get yourself treated by animals doctor. idiot
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Amanwulu1(m): 9:30pm On Dec 01, 2014
barcanista:
The ruling will be challenged in a superior court
ur champion is going down. Ur gold trophy which u stole frm pdp is rusting. How art d mighty fallen.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by jikanbage: 9:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
cktheluckyman:
ALHAJI AMINU THUGBUWAL!!! THE LEADER OF A GROUP OF THUGS WHICH ASSAULTED THE NIGERIAN POLICE AT THE NASS

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by GhaliNaaba(m): 9:44pm On Dec 01, 2014
Firefire:

Are you a member of SCOAN
no na gurumarahaji. Enemy of civilization. undecided
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Firefire(m): 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
GhaliNaaba:
no na gurumarahaji. Enemy of civilization. undecided

waoooo, you belongs to the ONE LOVE FAMILY? that is good. how was yesterday service.

Goodluck to you.

One Love!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:50pm On Dec 01, 2014
p3ndy79:
Don't know the reason for the happiness of some PDP supporters here. To serve a notice simply mean the pdp should go and inform tambuwal to come and defend himself and not an ORDER to vacate the seat.

Comprehension seems a deficient quantity alien to most poster on this thread.
The worse thing that can happen to a student in an examination is to misinterprete a question. If this were to be an examination, the PDP e-rats on the first page would have failed.
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 01, 2014
onoja12:
i can assure you,i would be a President that wouldn't sell Nigeria or Nigerians out,one that wouldn't take shit from any white man,and one who wouldn't promoted western policies in Nigeria and yes finally one who would make sure that does who are not loyalty to Nigeria should not hold post e.g double citizens holder,can the same be said about you?

Now I want you to think deeply by visiting the core of your sense against this poor background you have been posting since :

By Bokoharamic activities and some political/military support the insurgents has garnered , is Nigeria(ns) being sold out or not by our politicians ?

Do the white men sees our politicians as Politicians or monkies who love nothing except money .....

No one asked anybody to promote anyone's value but Knowledge is one all over the globe and where a value system is efficient and effective we can use such as a standard in developing our own !!

A nation w'out standard of comparison is useless and the occupiers might be assumed to live on trees ....... A sane man would always ask himself what are the best ones thinking about him in terms of performance !!

We should endeavour to make things right and stop bullying one another using police as attack dogs !!
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 01, 2014
p3ndy79:

An order of mandamus is a writ of summon which command an individual or entity to carry out an instruction or action.

The judge gave an order to the PDP to summon tambuwal to come defend why he should still remain speaker since he has defected.

It is not an EvICTiON or disqualification order from being a member of the house not to talk of him stepping down as speaker.

But you and I know that based on our constitution, Tambuwal has no right to remain as a member of the house. So, he's as good as gone.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by erico2k2(m): 11:02pm On Dec 01, 2014
p3ndy79:

An order of mandamus is a writ of summon which command an individual or entity to carry out an instruction or action.

The judge gave an order to the PDP to summon tambuwal to come defend why he should still remain speaker since he has defected.

It is not an EvICTiON or disqualification order from being a member of the house not to talk of him stepping down as speaker.

Wrong interpretation, court gave order yes what order?definate not to ask Tambo to come and explain his defection
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by erico2k2(m): 11:04pm On Dec 01, 2014
ILIDEFI:

But you and I know that based on our constitution, Tambuwal has no right to remain as a member of the house. So, he's as good as gone.
Wrong, he has to be voted out ie by 2/3 of the house hence the PDP has gone to obtain this ruling
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by onoja12: 11:06pm On Dec 01, 2014
you make me laugh, is democracy in itself an African form of government, or pushing for homosexual is it African, yet a slave like you thinks you are free. infact were are you based, because even the blacks in America have been reawaken from there sleep, to the reality that they are still in slavery

donroxy:
Now I want you to think deeply by visiting the core of your sense against this poor background you have been posting since :

By Bokoharamic activities and some political/military support the insurgents has garnered , is Nigeria(ns) being sold out or not by our politicians ?

Do the white men sees our politicians as Politicians or monkies who love nothing except money .....

No one asked anybody to promote anyone's value but Knowledge is one all over the globe and where a value system is efficient and effective we can use such as a standard in developing our own !!

A nation w'out standard of comparison is useless and the occupiers might be assumed to live on trees ....... A sane man would always ask himself what are the best ones thinking about him in terms of performance !!

We should endeavour to make things right and stop bullying one another using police as attack dogs !!
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Nobody: 11:14pm On Dec 01, 2014
erico2k2:

Wrong, he has to be voted out ie by 2/3 of the house hence the PDP has gone to obtain this ruling

Nope. That is for removal of a speaker. The constitution states that a house member automatically loses his seat if he defects during d period in which he was elected, when there is no division or merger etc of the party in which he was elected. So on that ground, Tambuwal will lose his seat as a member of the house. If he ceases to be a house member, can he remain the speaker?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Nobody: 11:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
barcanista, I told you to quote me anytime. Tambuwal is going down and come 2015, he will lose Sokoto guber election.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by erico2k2(m): 12:05am On Dec 02, 2014
ILIDEFI:

Nope. That is for removal of a speaker. The constitution states that a house member automatically loses his seat if he defects during d period in which he was elected, when there is no division or merger etc of the party in which he was elected. So on that ground, Tambuwal will lose his seat as a member of the house. If he ceases to be a house member, can he remain the speaker?
you are very wrong my friend.Sit down relax and read what you just wrote,**The Constitution states the house member Automatically loses his seat if he defects during d period in which he was elected when there is no division or merger etc**Statements like this is what might land you in trouble if there is one, Site the part of the constitution that says this.Tambuwal is a lawyer he is not stupid Ok! he has the free right to decamp to where ever he seems fit, this is politics.politics. Im waiting for your own part of the Nigerian constitution you just quoted main while while you are searching take your time to Read,Digest and get educated on the Nigerian constitution Section 50 sub section 2C and come back to tell me what it says.
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 02, 2014
onoja12:
you make me laugh, is democracy in itself an African form of government, or pushing for homosexual is it African, yet a slave like you thinks you are free. infact were are you based, because even the blacks in America have been reawaken from there sleep, to the reality that they are still in slavery

You keep mentioning slavery , slavery .... What baffles me is your inability to realise how much brain-slaved you are grin ...

What progress does Monarchical system of government brought to Africa .... Is it the ones your foolish olden day kings packaged Full-fledged men and beautiful women into the waiting Oyinbo ship in exchanged for gun/gunpowder and glass

Ohhh, the system of Government where only the kings, his family and his goons has right to the benefit of government while the society eat cruches .... .... Ohhh, African Native system of Government where nobody dare ask question about the state of the kingdom or risk being beheaded cuz the King is Supreme !!

I wonder whether your brain is evaporating, it could be easily deduced that poor governance coupled with lack of exposure has reduced your Intelligence !!

if not for democracy , do you think we Nigerians can make our Opinions count as little as it did without being gunned down !!

You are so daft and stup,id not to realise Oyinbo aint your problem presently but your leaders who has enslaved you for eternity even on your own turf .... !!

Stupid black brain lacking good roads, electricity, water, education, moral values, moral standards, good governance, National Vision, National Values, Infastructures and other Social Amenities that promote social justice and societal happiness ...... Yet, you are still pompous and arrogant over your poor state and dearth of development

mumu tongue
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by adconline(m): 8:57am On Dec 02, 2014
Atiku didn't step down as VP when he decamped to AC in 06/07 election period...There is a precedent!
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by godG: 9:04am On Dec 02, 2014
slimmy05:
barcanista, I told you to quote me anytime. Tambuwal is going down and come 2015, he will lose Sokoto guber election.

We seem to see things the same way! smiley
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by godG: 9:06am On Dec 02, 2014
slimmy05:
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 02, 2014
erico2k2:

you are very wrong my friend.Sit down relax and read what you just wrote,**The Constitution states the house member Automatically loses his seat if he defects during d period in which he was elected when there is no division or merger etc**Statements like this is what might land you in trouble if there is one, Site the part of the constitution that says this.Tambuwal is a lawyer he is not stupid Ok! he has the free right to decamp to where ever he seems fit, this is politics.politics. Im waiting for your own part of the Nigerian constitution you just quoted main while while you are searching take your time to Read,Digest and get educated on the Nigerian constitution Section 50 sub section 2C and come back to tell me what it says.

Section 68 of the Nigerian constitution. Take note of sub section 1g:

68. (1) A member of the Senate or of the
House of Representatives shall vacate his
seat in the House of which he is a
member if -

(a) he becomes a member of another
legislative house.

(b) any other circumstances arise that, if
he were not a member of the Senate or
the House of Representatives, would
cause him to be disqualified for election
as a member;

(c) he ceases to be a citizen of Nigeria;

(d) he becomes President, Vice-President,
Governor, Deputy Governor or a Minister
of the Government of the Federation or a
Commissioner of the Government of a
State or a Special Adviser.

(e) save as otherwise prescribed by this
Constitution, he becomes a member of a
commission or other body established by
this Constitution or by any other law.

(f) without just cause he is absent from
meetings of the House of which he is a
member for a period amounting in the
aggregate to more than one-third of the
total number of days during which the
House meets in any one year;

(g) being a person whose election to the
House was sponsored by a political party,
he becomes a member of another political
party before the expiration of the period
for which that House was elected;
Provided that his membership of the
latter political party is not as a result of a
division in the political party of which he
was previously a member or of a merger
of two or more political parties or
factions by one of which he was
previously sponsored; or

(h) the President of the Senate or, as the
case may be, the Speaker of the House of
Representatives receives a certificate
under the hand of the Chairman of the
Independent National Electoral
Commission stating that the provisions of
section 69 of this Constitution have been
complied with in respect of the recall of
that member.

So what does that tell you? Is it not what I tried explaining?

The part of constitution you are referring to talks about removal of a speaker or his deputy. I'm talking about membership of the house itself. If a speaker loses his right of remaining a member of the House, can he still remain a speaker? Nobody is arguing about the procedure of impeachment of a speaker here.

Tambuwal is a lawyer, yes. But he broke the constitution, simply because others have been doing it and getting away with it, so he felt he could also do it and get away with it. He may still get away with it finally, but his move was unconstitutional.

If you're not willing to make proper research before writing, then don't quote me again.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by onoja12: 4:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
a fool is a fool,you keep using the word black brain,have you by some means looked at yourself in the mirror,are you white?as for system of government you are the foolish one,reading books written by a white man and expecting to find the truth about the black man there,let me tell you have any white man ever admitted to you that he did anything wrong in enslaving your father,or hitler kill one million jews as they claim and we wouldn't hear word,but the same white killed over 200 million blacks and you shouldn't speak about it,guy you are stupid.if you go and study system of government,you would know that in the African design we didn't need prisons because people didn't steal,we didn't have homeless children,we didn't have gays and we most definitely were not greedy and selfish people until the whites came and introduce all does sickness in our society,now the more western we go,the more destruction we get.i ask you people like china and singapore who turn their back on the west how are they doing.slave answer

donroxy:
You keep mentioning slavery , slavery .... What baffles me is your inability to realise how much brain-slaved you are grin ...

What progress does Monarchical system of government brought to Africa .... Is it the ones your foolish olden day kings packaged Full-fledged men and beautiful women into the waiting Oyinbo ship in exchanged for gun/gunpowder and glass

Ohhh, the system of Government where only the kings, his family and his goons has right to the benefit of government while the society eat cruches .... .... Ohhh, African Native system of Government where nobody dare ask question about the state of the kingdom or risk being beheaded cuz the King is Supreme !!

I wonder whether your brain is evaporating, it could be easily deduced that poor governance coupled with lack of exposure has reduced your Intelligence !!

if not for democracy , do you think we Nigerians can make our Opinions count as little as it did without being gunned down !!

You are so daft and stup,id not to realise Oyinbo aint your problem presently but your leaders who has enslaved you for eternity even on your own turf .... !!

Stupid black brain lacking good roads, electricity, water, education, moral values, moral standards, good governance, National Vision, National Values, Infastructures and other Social Amenities that promote social justice and societal happiness ...... Yet, you are still pompous and arrogant over your poor state and dearth of development

mumu tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

#HarassBuhariOutOfLondon: El-Rufai Is Sowing Misinformation - Steve Hanke / Okowa Diverted ₦‎1.7 Trillion State Fund To His Companies – Edwin Clark / Osinbajo Flags Off Dredging Of Oguta Lake, Orashi River In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.