Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . (25693 Views)

Former President And Wife Leave For Otuoke( Picture) / Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Tambuwal's Seat / Speaker Tambuwal Defects To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by funkybully(f): 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2014
robinsoncrosoe:
THE CONVERSATION BTW ME AND ONE FOOLISH APC SUPPORTER ON FACEBOOK................One foolish apc supporter sent me a message on facebook that I should vote Gen buhari for change and we should do away with the clueless GEJ.

SO I ASKED HIM THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
1.Which region are u from
Ans.north

2.In the history of nija which region has ruled more
Ans.north.

3.Has any person from South south become president before
Ans.no

Then I now told him....since people from the north have ruled for so long without givin others a chance,others are learning how to lead so u guys from the north must be tolerant.now a man from ss is there,the region which has been milked dry and u people from the north can't allow them lead.this shows how wicked u people are.callin a president clueless jst because he his from a minority ss shows how power drunk people from the north are.

Then I told him......GEN Buhari WILL NEVER EVER LEAD THIS COUNTRY

Thank u very much for educating d nama.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
onoja12:
who gives a fu ck whats some white man thinks,abeg slave mentality white men don't define us,probably they define you

That is why you are considered a third retarded brain because you never get emancipated beyond your locality and in the world , you are less human .... !!

I aint a slave cuz I already liberated my brain, ideology and mentality against the odds in your mental faculty !!
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
mikeansy:

1. PDP does not need 2/3 majority to declare his seat vacant.
2. Tambuwal can not be leader of an assembly he is no longer a member of.

You got it all wrong . Foremost , despite his defection , he still remain a bona fide member of the house and to date the primus inter pares . Secondly , that he emerged as speaker under his former party PDP , does not give the PDP power to declare his seat vacant or lay claim to his position as speaker in the house . I still stand on my earlier postulation , only 2/3 of members of the house can remove him from office, and that I do not see happening citing the current political atmosphere and his popularity among his equals .
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 01, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Pocket Lawyer.

I know people like you too well , when you have no valid point to make , you resort to cheap jesting .
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Aslawish(m): 7:45pm On Dec 01, 2014
Is it now their SENSE(PDP) come down. This was surpose be their first step instead of beating around the bush.

NOTING WILL HAPEN TO ABLE SPEAKER
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by p3ndy79: 7:48pm On Dec 01, 2014
purplesummer:

Lols. It's ok. But the thing is, such order of mandamus has not even been made. PDP only obtained the leave of court to be able to bring the application wherein they would ask for an order of mandamus to be made against Aminu Tambuwal. The court also reserves the discretion to grant or refuse such application when eventually brought.

Let them continue living in their foolery then. Celebrating the beginning of a process as if verdict has been arrived at.
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
Empero1:

You got it all wrong . Foremost , despite his defection , he still remain a bona fide member of the house and to date the primus inter pares . Secondly , that he emerged as speaker under his former party PDP , does not give the PDP power to declare his seat vacant or lay claim to his position as speaker in the house . I still stand on my earlier postulation , only 2/3 of members of the house can remove him from office, and that I do not see happening citing the current political atmosphere and his popularity among his equals .

stop using silly phrases like "primus inter pares"; it proves absolutely nothing about your superior knowledge on this issue.

Simple question and please answer in simple English. Does the Nigerian constitution say a 2/3 majority is required for a defecting Legislator to lose his seat?

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by victorazy(m): 7:50pm On Dec 01, 2014
Tambuwal is gone!

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by adisa009(m): 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2014
Empero1:
Obviously , almost all of you above did not know the full meaning of this said court order . For one , the speaker is not yet removed from his seat , no ,and no court in the land has the power to do so because of his defection from one political party to another . The level of his popularity among his colleagues is the only thing that will always determine his fate . The court only asked him to vacate the seat on his own volition and principle ( which I am certain he's not ready to yield to ) , else his former party the PDP can decide to initiate moves to impeach him through the instrumental of 2/3 of the house members as stipulated in the constitution .

Now , the problem is that , it will be a herculean task for the PDP to secure support of 2/3 of the members of the house of representative to impeach him citing the current political atmosphere and the level of his popularity among his colleagues . Clearly , he will serve his tenure till the end of this regime , I can bet any of my valuables for this .

The constitution stance of how primus inter pares of any arm of the the house of assembles should emerged is very clear . It is he/she who secures majority votes from the members of the house that do emerge victorious as the primus inter pares , not necessary a member from the dominant political party in the house . In summary , his popularity and acceptability among his colleagues is what will keep saving him till the end .

I love it when it is educative and reasonable. Truly progressive, may God increase your knowledge.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by holatin(m): 7:52pm On Dec 01, 2014
yurme:
lol homeless dude kip blabbn jawe
cum lagos, cum and see my house both the one i build and the one i inherit.THUNDER FIRE YOU MOTHERFUCker son of a destitute.
Never compare sun with with torch light.
One and last word for you.
GET A LIFE DUDE
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 01, 2014
mikeansy:

stop using silly phrases like "primus inter pares"; it proves absolutely nothing about your superior knowledge on this issue.

Simple question and please answer in simple English. Does the Nigerian constitution say a 2/3 majority is required for a defecting Legislator to loose his seat?

And you think that the best way to dialog with me is by insulting me either directly or indirectly , right ? Remember , respect is reciprocal . This is by the way .

To your question , there is no effectual section of the constitution that gives a political party the absolute power to recall/remove a formal member from his/her position in the house .
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 01, 2014
Empero1:

And you think that the best way to dialog with me is by insulting me either directly or indirectly , right ? Remember , respect is reciprocal . This is by the way .

To your question , there is no effectual section of the constitution that gives a political party the absolute power to recall/remove a formal member from his/her position in the house .

my brother I have not insulted you and appologies if I have

but can a political party approach the courts like PDP has done and compel the former speaker to do the needful?

My regrets is PDP is 4 weeks late on this move and I really don't know why. They should hve made this move 4 weeks ago!

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by holatin(m): 7:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
shizzleStar:
owns kor howns ni....omo yoruba, this your English sef fit make bukohari convert to pastor cheesygrin and its your type that will open your mouth to insult PEJ

onyeara sombody grin
ve u read your dictionary to T.
Then check the meaning of typography.
One last word for you
DONT BE TOO QUICK IN JUDGING SOMEONE.
Omo ode jati jati, omo alaini iran
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by viczing(m): 7:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
grin grin grin
Cannonleo:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Tambuwal I warned you now see ya life

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Jesusloveyou: 7:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
What is making d saTANiod happy,happy for nothing.
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
mikeansy:

All is well bro - no hard feelings .
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by victorazy(m): 7:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
holatin:
cum lagos, cum and see my house both the one i build and the one i inherit.THUNDER FIRE YOU MOTHERFUCker son of a destitute.
GET A LIFE DUDE

Nigeria cry
How will Nig be in peace when there is no atom of love in the mind of the youths! undecided
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
adisa009:

I love it when it is educative and reasonable. Truly progressive, may God increase your knowledge.

Thanks bro . I wish you all the best too .
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by anytexy: 7:59pm On Dec 01, 2014
jamace:
Yes, when an honorable refused to be honorable, a dishonorable exit he will get. grin
GBAM! You said it all.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by effiency01(m): 8:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
aa sensible nigerian will knw dat grantin leave doesn't mean he'll b remove.yeye dey smell,tambuwa remain d speaker cos intimidation we condole not
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by justdivine: 8:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
The raise and fall of Tambuwal. Operation park your belongings tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 01, 2014
mikeansy:

but can a political party approach the courts like PDP has done and compel the former speaker to do the needful?

My regrets is PDP is 4 weeks late on this move and I really don't know why. They should hve made this move 4 weeks ago!

As I have stated earlier on , the meaning of the court order is that " he should vacate the seat on his own volition and principle ( which I am certain he's not ready to yield to ) , else his former party the PDP can decide to initiate moves to impeach him through the instrumental of 2/3 of the house members as stipulated in the constitution .

Meanwhile , I made it clear that with his popularity and acceptability among his colleagues , coupled with the current political atmosphere , the PDP as a political party will have no chance to impeach him . By the way , I am not affiliated to any political party , presently , so do not think that I hold brief for the APC , no . I am just neutral in this issue . Thanks .
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by onoja12: 8:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
hahahah
liberated your brain and you are here worshipping the white man,and thinking speaking fancy english makes you liberated,my brother you be slave,infact big slave

donroxy:
That is why you are considered a third retarded brain because you never get emancipated beyond your locality and in the world , you are less human .... !!

I aint a slave cuz I already liberated my brain, ideology and mentality against the odds in your mental faculty !!
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by KLand(m): 8:12pm On Dec 01, 2014
Sunnybobo3:
A federal high court in Abuja has granted leave to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to file a motion for an order of mandamus compelling Aminu Tambuwal, speaker of the federal house of representatives to declare his seat vacant. More to follow…

Read more at: http://www.thecable.ng/breaking-court-grants-pdp-leave-motion-vacate-tambuwals-seat | TheCable

What is the implication of this? Tambuwal can survive it still.
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2014
onoja12:
hahahah
liberated your brain and you are here worshipping the white man,and thinking speaking fancy english makes you liberated,my brother you be slave,infact big slave
Stop being more foolish than expected ... This is never about english nor asslicking .... This is about having sense of shame especially in Governance issue .
Imagine a slow-mentality like you becoming Nigerian President , climbing the fence of eagle-square will be normal to your brain !!

We simply asked our leaders to conform with 21st century style of Governance and stop taking us back to 15th century when mankind Orientation was quite low !!

If you can't see the odd in what your leaders has done , you are a worst slave with a clogged brain even in your own home !!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2014
PhockPhockMan:
Why those people are yet to arrive. Abi go slow hold them?

They are viewing as guests.
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by begwong: 8:23pm On Dec 01, 2014
Best news for the year 2014

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by patrickmuf(m): 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
p3ndy79:

An order of mandamus is a writ of summon which command an individual or entity to carry out an instruction or action.

The judge gave an order to the PDP to summon tambuwal to come defend why he should still remain speaker since he has defected.

It is not an EvICTiON or disqualification order from being a member of the house not to talk of him stepping down as speaker.

Some of this kids are novice in the game...Bunch of know-nothing they all are...Imagine the line that fool drew your attention to, guess the grammar was too much for him to comprehend so he automatically thought it meant eviction or vacation of a said position... Guys be fooling themselves here...If only it was not a faceless forum...
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by yurme(m): 8:28pm On Dec 01, 2014
holatin:
GET A LIFE DUDE
werey stp mkn noise jawe cum ko sperm ni mtcheeew wic stewpid hous u inherit z ht d hut of ur poor father? Go 2 yabaleft jor oloshi
Re: BREAKING: Court Grants PDP Leave For Motion To Vacate Speaker Tambuwal’s Seat . by Descartes: 8:30pm On Dec 01, 2014
p3ndy79:

There are certain judgement that a judge will not try play political sentiments with.

The constitution is clear on the modalities for defecting by a legislature, "except there is a division in the party for which he was elected in that legislative calendar"

Did the constitution states only IF there is division in national body of the party? NO
Can the division envisaged by the constitution be inclusive of state, zonal and constituency crisis within that party? MAYBE. The court will rule on that .

Remember Tambuwal's statement when he was defecting? " based on the development within my STATE.

He knew what he was saying, he is a sound lawyer.

Thanks once again, am grateful. smiley

Let's just keep our fingers crossed as the events unfold cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ABU Graduates Defend Dino Melaye, Say Their Names Not On Convocation List Too / Senator Abbo: Young People Learning From Me / Wike: Dickson And I Cannot Be Reconciled By PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.