Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,076 members, 7,811,017 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? (14132 Views)

Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money / Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? / Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by msmon(m): 6:14pm On Dec 02, 2014
Out of every ten couples that walk down the aisle,
four of them are people that are getting remarried.
Surprisingly most of those who are getting
remarried are men and not women.

In a survey
conducted by the Pew Research Center 43% of
women stated that they would get married again
while 65% of men said they would.

What makes
getting remarried different for men and why are
they more willing than women?

When a couple gets divorced it is often much harder
on the woman than it is on the man. She goes
through a very long emotional period that can be
hard to recover from. Often times when she does
recover from it she will never want to have to go
through it again so she never tries serious
relationships again.

Men are able to bounce back
from a bad split faster and have an easier time
developing new relationships without the fear of
being hurt again.

Another reason that women may not want to get
remarried again is because once she has been
married and divorced, she get to find herself all
over again. She's a new person embarking on
another journey but this time she's alone. She
doesn't have to take care of anyone but herself (and
her children if she has any).

If this research is true, why do men remarried while women don't?

Tag:
xcelsia
pocalypse
Elcapo
politricks
IfyAwazie
parismarc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by pweetixandy: 6:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
Simply becos women don't necessarily need men to be happy..but men on d other hand can't deal with the loneliness after,women mean too much to men.

34 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 02, 2014
pweetixandy:
Simply becos women don't necessarily need men to be happy..but men on d other hand can't deal with the loneliness after,women mean too much to men.
story for amadioha, next time don't conceal the truth wht happend is that men don't fancy a second hand wife.

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by tpiah2: 6:36pm On Dec 02, 2014
that's in nigeria.

outside nigeria, i should think the rates would be about equal.

women overseas who have been married before, tend to remarry.

women in (parts of southern) nigeria are more likely to stay unmarried if the first marriage doesnt work out.

that may change though.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by cardoso111(m): 6:36pm On Dec 02, 2014
when my friend died at 30.his wife with two kids was pressurised to remarry.She said after two kids and a whole estate,where else could she get that?she decided not to ever think of it and. also warned all advisers and simpathisers to go elsewhere!she is taking good care of the children

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by tpiah2: 6:38pm On Dec 02, 2014
Lacomus:
story for amadioha, next time don't conceal the truth wht happend is that men don't fancy a second hand wife.

its by choice, nothing to do with the men's fancying.

sometimes the women are tired of marriage if they had it rough when married, and prefer the less stressful option of remaining single.

22 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by aderonila18: 6:40pm On Dec 02, 2014
Some women prefer to concentrate on raising their kids instead of remarrying but more women are remarrying these days a long as they find a man who will love their children fully

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 02, 2014
Hi msmon, I think I agree with what you quoted in your post. Some women who are divorced find it harder to want to commit again especially if the divorce was ugly, some prefer to face the kids and forget about marriage. Men are a lot stronger emotionally (in my opinion)

Thanks for the mention smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 02, 2014
tpiah2:

its by choice, nothing to do with the men's fancying.

sometimes the women are tired of marriage if they had it rough when married, and prefer the less stressful option of remaining single.
are you divorced ? If no wait until you are, then you will realize how important remarring will be to you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by tpiah2: 6:49pm On Dec 02, 2014
Lacomus:
i will wait until I'm divorced then I will realize how important remarrying will be to my ex.

why must you stalk your ex everywhere?

if she remarries, what's it to you?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 02, 2014
tpiah2:

Tpiah2

i will wait until I'm divorced then I will
realize how important remarrying will be
to my ex
grin next time don't quote ur self

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by tpiah2: 7:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
why on earth would a tout and riff-raff be responding to my posts?

levels suppose dey nah.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
aderonila18:
Some women prefer to concentrate on raising their kids instead of remarrying but more women are remarrying these days a long as they find a man who will love their children fully
and if the woman didn't have kids for her ex-husband? What will happen in such a case?
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Elcemento(m): 7:09pm On Dec 02, 2014
It's a man's world.Na only us get second hand value grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by tpiah2: 7:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
Lacomus:
i will wait until I'm divorced then I will realize how important remarrying will be to my ex.

why must you stalk your ex everywhere?

if she remarries, what's it to you?
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by pweetixandy: 7:33pm On Dec 02, 2014
Lacomus:
is that what really "happened" ? I have said my own,u have said ur own. O pari

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by holatin(m): 7:33pm On Dec 02, 2014
hun
Man market no dey finish easily like the women
secondly, man are sort for on daily basis
thirdly not everyone can marry after 1,2 or 3 woman
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by SAMBARRY: 7:42pm On Dec 02, 2014
tpiah2:
why on earth would a tout and riff-raff be responding to my posts?

levels suppose dey nah.
ehhheyyyy grin

iyen iwona grin

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 02, 2014
Only in Nigeria. The stress enough for some married women. Being single would be like the Best freedom on earth .

No more fry akara for morning. Pound yam for afternoon, wash bitterleaf for night with those khaki jeans and agbada. Who wan marry double wahala .

Over Here in Japan, we are on top of the game . Under 16 no ni grin

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 02, 2014
Is your question universal? Because as we speak, in other countries especially in Europe and U.S, divorced women are remarrying like no man's biz. Divorced women here still remarry. I am sure some people here can testify to it. For others who dnt, they must have had a terrible marriage and dont want another man's headache/wahala. so they prefer to focus on their kids. But to be very honest, such women have their ways they satisfy themselves s.exually. I hear stories. Man/women can never be wood grin grin

But the speed at which men quickly remarry faster than women shows men can never do without women. grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 02, 2014
Chillisauce:
Only in Nigeria. The stress enough for some married women. Being single would be like the Best freedom on earth .

No more fry akara for morning. Pound yam for afternoon, wash bitterleaf for night with those khaki jeans and agbada. Who wan marry double wahala .

Over Here in Japan, we are on top of the game . Under 16 no ni grin

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by SAMBARRY: 7:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
Gbam. You have nailed it.oya

Fried turkey for you for that. Ongbonafeli feli.straight from the deep fryere wink
Sophyrocks:
Is your question universal? Because as we speak, in other countries especially in Europe and U.S, divorced women are remarrying like no man's biz. Divorced women here still remarry. I am sure some people here can testify to it. For others who dnt, they must have had a terrible marriage and dont want another man's headache/wahala. so they prefer to focus on their kids. But to be very honest, such women have their ways they satisfy themselves s.exually. I hear stories. Man/women can never be wood grin grin

But the speed at which men quickly remarry faster than women shows men can never do without women. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 02, 2014
SAMBARRY:
Gbam. You have nailed it.oya

Fried turkey for you for that. Ongbonafeli feli.straight from the deep fryere wink

Uhhhhhhhhhhh. #Seriously Salivating#
Biko how you take know my craving for the past few weeks. sad sad Wish it was real. sad sad

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by SAMBARRY: 8:07pm On Dec 02, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Biko how you take know my craving for the past few weeks. sad sad Wish it was real. sad sad
oya as I don give you inspection. Go fry am na wink

and by the way that's my xmas gift to you for being a good girl wink
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by tpiah2: 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
SAMBARRY:
ehhheyyyy grin

iyen iwona grin

ma'am, can you ever be anything but a stalker and copy cat?

i wish you could rise above your destiny which is to be a follow follow, but i guess you prefer yourself this way.

am i somehow responsible for your issues?

just curious.
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by tpiah2: 8:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
Sophyrocks:

you cant buy turkey and cook?

which is what s/he did?

just wondering.
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by tpiah2: 8:21pm On Dec 02, 2014
SAMBARRY:
oya as I don give you inspection. Go fry am na wink

and by the way that's my xmas gift to you for being a good girl wink

eyah
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
tpiah2:

you cant buy turkey and cook?

which is what s/he did?

just wondering.

No time to do that. Would buy a well spiced one asap!!
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by tpiah2: 8:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
just wondering why you were begging mz thang there for turkey picture when you can obtain your own . . . . . . . ..

even if na photo of turkey you want, e dey google ke?
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by tpiah2: 8:33pm On Dec 02, 2014

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 02, 2014
From marriage to Turkey.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by sommyblaze(m): 8:34pm On Dec 02, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?" / Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano / Help Find Missing Ayobami Jaiyeola!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.