Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,544 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? (14173 Views)

Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money / Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? / Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 02, 2014
women get old on daily basis,dats y our men keep marryin de young once
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Stillfire: 11:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
There are more desperate women willing to accept tokunbo, almost dead goods in order to be a Mrs. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Gynacologist(m): 11:36pm On Dec 02, 2014
pweetixandy:
Simply becos women don't necessarily need men to be happy..but men on d other hand can't deal with the loneliness after,women mean too much to men.
beg no deceive ur sef women dnt nid men bt yet gurlz of nowadayz cn do anitin just to bear a man's name....
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Gynacologist(m): 11:39pm On Dec 02, 2014
Lacomus:
are you divorced ? If no wait until you are, then you will realize how important remarring will be to you.
lol....it tat ur praya fo d pasin in questn?
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Gynacologist(m): 11:41pm On Dec 02, 2014
Elcemento:
It's a man's world.Na only us get second hand value grin grin

one bottle of codeine fo u.
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 02, 2014
garrimallam:
Not all men,but Hausa men do fancy third hand wife. Abi na lie?

hehehehehehe those ones fit go for fourth, fifth, sixth and even last hand grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 03, 2014
Men need women to cook, clean, and generally cater to them. Most men can't take care of themselves that way, so a wife must be in the picture. Women will re-marry if they can't take care of themselves financially.
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Jamean(f): 6:14am On Dec 03, 2014
@ bold. Also, it's possible they had a very wonderful marriage and husband. Hence, leaving them with the believe that no man can match up, so it's not worth the try.

Sophyrocks:
Is your question universal? Because as we speak, in other countries especially in Europe and U.S, divorced women are remarrying like no man's biz. Divorced women here still remarry. I am sure some people here can testify to it. For others who dnt, they must have had a terrible marriage and dont want another man's headache/wahala. so they prefer to focus on their kids But to be very honest, such women have their ways they satisfy themselves s.exually. I hear stories. Man/women can never be wood grin grin

But the speed at which men quickly remarry faster than women shows men can never do without women. grin grin
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 03, 2014
An interesting thread.

I'm on my 3rd marriage. I pray that it doesn't happen but if this current marriage fails I will surely marry again. Why? I don't know. I just love Women and I must have one with me.

Now I have a coworker who has remarried his Wife 3 times. They've divorced twice and remarried to each other. Odd
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Adesolomon2014(m): 8:28am On Dec 03, 2014
pweetixandy:
Simply becos women don't necessarily need men to be happy..but men on d other hand can't deal with the loneliness after,women mean too much to men.
uhmmm, nt all men.....moi career is of paramount dan women cus dey ar excess luggage to that effect....i wont tell u nt gettin married is d best but career shud b da paramount issue befr women/marriage.....
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by pweetixandy: 9:23am On Dec 03, 2014
ckmayoca:

Wow.. U are my tribe person. Odikwa nma like that. Now I agree we need women. So can I av ur contact pls?
lol...its good as u have agreed..but u can't have my contact tongue
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 03, 2014
RaggedyAnn:
Men need women to cook, clean, and generally cater to them. Most men can't take care of themselves that way, so a wife must be in the picture. Women will re-marry if they can't take care of themselves financially.

Now, this is a chic that understands how to look after a man. cool

But ya handle is scary as fvck - Raggedy + Ann.

I know it's a cartoon character, but having a raggedy chic/wife is definitely something to avoid like a rash. grin
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by ckmayoca: 9:48am On Dec 03, 2014
pweetixandy:
lol...its good as u have agreed..but u can't have my contact tongue

Biko nwanyi oma.... How was ur night?
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Eneze1(f): 10:03am On Dec 03, 2014
It's normal because majority of men are naturally big babies, they need a woman that will always look after them. A typical example is my dad
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by sebali: 10:43am On Dec 03, 2014
Nigerian Men see divorced women(esp. thoes with children as second hand) so dey wont want to marry them.
Also Naija men see it as a taboo to marry women above a certain age(35) so u see a 50yr old man going for a lady in her twenties and would reject a woman in her forties.
Finally our love 4 too many children makes old men(evn those with children already) want younger gals to bear him children and no Nigerian man wants to accept anoda's child so women with children has to choose btw her child and new husband..most time dey choose their child
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Rapture4real(m): 10:52am On Dec 03, 2014
One thing every man looks out for in his wife is conjugal relationship.it is like a man's second nature designed by God only for marriage. A woman primary intention of marriage is security,love and care. So if has has married before, she has children, good job and comfortable, to her there is no need to remarry again. A woman looks for peace of mind more than a man.if her late husband left enough wealth for her with children and she happened to have good in-laws,no need to remarry.Man marries for sex,woman married for love
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by pweetixandy: 10:59am On Dec 03, 2014
ckmayoca:

Biko nwanyi oma.... How was ur night?
my night was fab..ur?s
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by fairheven: 11:41am On Dec 03, 2014
pweetixandy:
Lie lie..its simply because,women have "short-expirery-date"take a look at most women who have gone through or still in marriage,they don't look fresh as compare to a man that will keep "rocking"even in old age..an which man wud want to marry"tokunbo"(somtimes with kids)wen there are fresh "apple"everywhere?sorry ,that's nature. tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 03, 2014
I so much love this sweetlemon; she's too real and honest in most of her comments on this forum; my dear u deserve a sweet gift. Whenever I read sweetlemon's comment, I see openness and honesty, keep it up, eyes are watching.

Unfortunately, most females on nairaland take every topic as an opportunity to prove equality bw men and women even when they know the realitygrin

The answer to this question is simple, but I will give a detailed explanation for those who care to read my epistlecheesy

Men become more attractive to women as they become older; so long as he has a stable means of income.

But women become less attractive to men as they grow older.

These are natural instinct in both men and women right from birth.

A girl of 25yrs don't wanna date a guy of 25yrs, she wants 30, 35, 40yrs old man if possible...because to her, men of such age are mature emotionally, financially and otherwise. How many girls here want to date a guy of their age? I am sure none! How many girls here called their age mates in secondary school and higher institution days small boys? I am sure most!

But most guys want to date and marry younger girls with fresher body. A guy of 35yrs for instance, doesn't see it as a taboo dating a girl of 18yrs or say 19yrs, but a lady of 35yrs can never date a guy of 25yrs talkless of 19yrs...to her, guys below 35yrs are too young for her...now talk more of a widowed or divorced lady with kids; which single unmarried guy would happily remarry her Let's be real and honest pls.

It is only older divorced/widowed men that remarry divorced ladies. No young man in Nigeria, America, Europe, Australia, Asia, etc will intentionally go for a divorced or widowed lady when he has option of younger, prettier ladies with no kids.

The quality majority of women all over the world consider most in men is financial capability and sometimes, physical fitness- not even good looks.

But the number 1 quality 99% of men all over the world consider in a woman is- physical beauty only, and to men, a woman who has been married and had issues no longer qualifies as hot, except for few rare cases whereby the lady is looking hot/young after childbirth/divorce.

No single unmarried man in any part of the world will marry a divorced or widowed lady with good eye; something fishy must have led to such marriage, but many single, young, pretty unmarried ladies are so ready to marry an old divorced or widowed man so long as he has a stable finance. So its not just a Nigerian men issue...its not even about maturity, its just about nature and how men are wired.

Nature really didn't favour women in this aspect, and that's why every woman should pray against hubby's untimely death, divorce and marital issues because its not always easy for women to remarry in any part of the world even if she wants to.

All those claiming that it is different in America and Europe...why do u think Nigerian Yahoo boys/Romance Scammers are smiling big to bank? They milk these divorced and widowed American, European, Australian and Asian women because most widowed and divorced women in America, Europe, Asia and Australia don't usually find it easy to remarry, so our unscrupulous Nigerian romance scammers now promise them marriage and love just to milk them dry and get their national visa and citizenship. So its not just in Nigeria alone that women find it hard to remarry, it is a global problem.

I have a British colleague and somehow a friend, JB, he's divorced, and his wife is a medical doctor...JB is in his early 50s and his wife late 40s, but JB has over 30 girlfriends scattered all over d world (he has travelled to over 50 countries) and 1 stable Nigerian girl he plans to marry next year whereas his British ex wife is down there in UK bitter and getting used and dumped by some coogars in London; according to JB.

JB once told me his ex wife is still trying hard for them to get back but he's saying he can't cos the wife is no longer attractive to him...they have 2 issues; first is 25, second is 23.

So let's tell ourselves the truth; its not always easy for women to remarry anywhere in the world.

Huff Hefner, the owner of Playboy Mansion, a white American man in his 90s confessed last year to have slept with over 1000 young women even as he's old...just because he has money!

Oprah Winfrey with her billions can't get up to 10 young guys to happily make love to her and wish to marry her, lol.

To women all over the world, once a man has money and fit to walk, he is a hero to all women! But to men, unless a woman is physically attractive and fresh, she isn't worth any man's attention no matter how wealthy she is, sadly.

Sadly when we look at it so well, this world belongs to men, sadly:-

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Emaprince: 12:00pm On Dec 03, 2014
pweetixandy:
Simply becos women don't necessarily need men to be happy..but men oda other hand can't deal with the loneliness after,women mean too much to men.
grin smh...between men and women,who do you think hates loneliness a lot?..mrs lier!

Truth is that men doesn't want to go for a fairly used tokumbo woman!!
Plus there are millions of women out there desperate to marry any man that knocks on their doors...they will accept your husband soon as you divorce but no man will accept you after you've been used and dumped!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by ckmayoca: 12:02pm On Dec 03, 2014
pweetixandy:
my night was fab..ur?s

Mine was fine also. Slightly tot of u overwelmed me. *smile*
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by shizzleStar: 12:25pm On Dec 03, 2014
yuzedo:
No, I have a more pertinent question.

My question is - Why do we have so many widows that are landladies in Benin?
I thought this was only common among ijebu people in yorubaland
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by UTEWUOJO: 12:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
Its simple, de woman tend to develop physical changes easily in marriage, hence she would not be found actractive to men. On de other hand, de men dont develop physical changes, even when they are old they can still lay thier hand on young girls.
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by smokescreen4: 2:29pm On Dec 03, 2014
DailyNews:
I so much love this sweetlemon; she's too real and honest in most of her comments on this forum; my dear u deserve a sweet gift. Whenever I read sweetlemon's comment, I see openness and honesty, keep it up, eyes are watching.

Unfortunately, most females on nairaland take every topic as an opportunity to prove equality bw men and women even when they know the realitygrin

The answer to this question is simple, but I will give a detailed explanation for those who care to read my epistlecheesy

Men become more attractive to women as they become older; so long as he has a stable means of income.

But women become less attractive to men as they grow older.

These are natural instinct in both men and women right from birth.

A girl of 25yrs don't wanna date a guy of 25yrs, she wants 30, 35, 40yrs old man if possible...because to her, men of such age are mature emotionally, financially and otherwise. How many girls here want to date a guy of their age? I am sure none! How many girls here called their age mates in secondary school and higher institution days small boys? I am sure most!

But most guys want to date and marry younger girls with fresher body. A guy of 35yrs for instance, doesn't see it as a taboo dating a girl of 18yrs or say 19yrs, but a lady of 35yrs can never date a guy of 25yrs talkless of 19yrs...to her, guys below 35yrs are too young for her...now talk more of a widowed or divorced lady with kids; which single unmarried guy would happily remarry her Let's be real and honest pls.

It is only older divorced/widowed men that remarry divorced ladies. No young man in Nigeria, America, Europe, Australia, Asia, etc will intentionally go for a divorced or widowed lady when he has option of younger, prettier ladies with no kids.

The quality majority of women all over the world consider most in men is financial capability and sometimes, physical fitness- not even good looks.

But the number 1 quality 99% of men all over the world consider in a woman is- physical beauty only, and to men, a woman who has been married and had issues no longer qualifies as hot, except for few rare cases whereby the lady is looking hot/young after childbirth/divorce.

No single unmarried man in any part of the world will marry a divorced or widowed lady with good eye; something fishy must have led to such marriage, but many single, young, pretty unmarried ladies are so ready to marry an old divorced or widowed man so long as he has a stable finance. So its not just a Nigerian men issue...its not even about maturity, its just about nature and how men are wired.

Nature really didn't favour women in this aspect, and that's why every woman should pray against hubby's untimely death, divorce and marital issues because its not always easy for women to remarry in any part of the world even if she wants to.

All those claiming that it is different in America and Europe...why do u think Nigerian Yahoo boys/Romance Scammers are smiling big to bank? They milk these divorced and widowed American, European, Australian and Asian women because most widowed and divorced women in America, Europe, Asia and Australia don't usually find it easy to remarry, so our unscrupulous Nigerian romance scammers now promise them marriage and love just to milk them dry and get their national visa and citizenship. So its not just in Nigeria alone that women find it hard to remarry, it is a global problem.

I have a British colleague and somehow a friend, JB, he's divorced, and his wife is a medical doctor...JB is in his early 50s and his wife late 40s, but JB has over 30 girlfriends scattered all over d world (he has travelled to over 50 countries) and 1 stable Nigerian girl he plans to marry next year whereas his British ex wife is down there in UK bitter and getting used and dumped by some coogars in London; according to JB.

JB once told me his ex wife is still trying hard for them to get back but he's saying he can't cos the wife is no longer attractive to him...they have 2 issues; first is 25, second is 23.

So let's tell ourselves the truth; its not always easy for women to remarry anywhere in the world.

Huff Hefner, the owner of Playboy Mansion, a white American man in his 90s confessed last year to have slept with over 1000 young women even as he's old...just because he has money!

Oprah Winfrey with her billions can't get up to 10 young guys to happily make love to her and wish to marry her, lol.

To women all over the world, once a man has money and fit to walk, he is a hero to all women! But to men, unless a woman is physically attractive and fresh, she isn't worth any man's attention no matter how wealthy she is, sadly.

Sadly when we look at it so well, this world belongs to men, sadly:-
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by smokescreen4: 2:31pm On Dec 03, 2014
@dailynews I can't think of one aspect nature favored women . It pays to be a man.
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by karkel(m): 2:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
pweetixandy:
will a 60 old woman woman remarry? angry[img][/img][img][/img]
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 03, 2014
smokescreen4:
@dailynews I can't think of one aspect nature favored women . It pays to be a man.
and that's y men must strive to show them love and kindness no matter what. So guys, in as much as u criticise and condemn ladies online, pls don't take it to real life...show them love cos they are special, delicate creaturessmiley
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Uhhhhhhhhhhh. #Seriously Salivating#
Biko how you take know my craving for the past few weeks. sad sad Wish it was real. sad sad
See you. You dey salivate for imported turkey wey custom don seize destroy finish because of ebola.
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by AfricanApple(f): 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2014
Chillisauce:
From marriage to Turkey.

na your moniker dey cause confusion grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rotimi Olowo Supports Mother Of Triplets Whose Husband Fled / Can You Marry Someone You Don't Love? / Traditional And Church Wedding Wchich Is More Legal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.