Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,522 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? (14145 Views)

Why Do Men Shy Away From Responsibilities Once They Notice Their Wife Has Money / Why Do Ibo Men Get Married Late Compared To Other Tribes? / Over 2000 Men Get Beaten Up By Their Wives In Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by CoachDX: 8:54pm On Dec 02, 2014
In Nigeria, women with children would claim to be married to their children, some would possibly not have any man interested in them since they've got kid(s). . .it's a problem with culture, but outside Nigeria, these women easily finds a man. On dating sites, even the woman of 80yrs still wants a man.
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by igoro10: 8:55pm On Dec 02, 2014
Lacomus:
story for amadioha, next time don't conceal the truth wht happend is that men don't fancy a second hand wife.
Yes! That is just the truth.
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 02, 2014
GreenWhiteGreen:

Dollar is used in many countries. But It's just insane and Sተupid to use a research conducted in another country to generalise.

Just like dollar is used everywhere so is he entitled to use his foreign research, it's not enough to warrant insults. Both the dollar and the research are foreign, plus I don't think he was generalizing. Calling his post stupid and insane is harsh don't you think? Let's live and let live smiley
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by atlwireles: 9:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
yuzedo:
No, I have a more pertinent question.

My question is - Why do we have so many widows that are landladies in Benin?

grin grin grin grin grin You people will not kill me
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by aderonila18: 9:05pm On Dec 02, 2014
berem:
and if the woman didn't have kids for her ex-husband? What will happen in such a case?

Out of 3 divorced women I know 2 who didn't have kids were remarried within a year and 3rd is about to remarry. It's easier for someone to start afresh when there are no kids involved
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by pweetixandy: 9:06pm On Dec 02, 2014
ckmayoca:

Sidon dey imagine nonsense for dir. No man wanna take a used slacked woman with stigma of being dumped. Its better not to get divorced anyway than proving rubbish afterward.
lol..stigma of being dumped,u are sounding like abumchukwu the palm wine tapper in my village. I have told u what women feel. Cry from here reach borno,what I said stands.
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:06pm On Dec 02, 2014
Sweetlemon:
You guys are not being real here.

The answer is simple. Because it's easier for men to find partners in our part of the world. You know how difficult it is for a woman once she passes 30 don't you? Then how many Nigerian men are willing to take some other man's "left over" (what they call divorcees and widows?) Not many Nigerian guys are mature enough for the "baggage".
You are right most time a man will be under pressure to find a woman that will look after the kids left by his ex wife. In African culture men's primary responsibility is providing for the home while that of women is taking care of the kids and not many men can take care of their kids unlike women. This is a man's. World a man can easily get married to a sweet sixteen at age of seventh and above that can't be said about women cus majority of men will not look at a second hand woman let alone marrying her. Most men who got married to such women is just to take care of the kids unless a case of an old man with grown up children then his main reason of marrying her will be to look after him at his old age. How many men will marry to take care of another man's kid or take care of an old woman, most of the divorces will love to remarry but who go marry.
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by pweetixandy: 9:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
holatin:

wetin you just say ?
Ve u seen an Hot woman before
She behave like someone possessed.
you need us in many way than we need you
are u serious shocked sitdown mehn :-|
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Chubhie: 9:11pm On Dec 02, 2014
pweetixandy:
Simply becos women don't necessarily need men to be happy..but men on d other hand can't deal with the loneliness after,women mean too much to men.
There are so many things wrong with this your opinion. But I just want to correct some impression about the term loneliness been bastardized. You can't be a balanced complete individual if you keep running away from yourself. The true self is discovered when alone for genius is forged in loneliness. By women meaning so much to men you mean sex? I won't blame you cos most men have made it seem as their be all. You milady shouldn't buy that line cos there are far more interesting experiences in existence than chasing what's under a lady's skirt.
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by ELGREF(m): 9:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
pweetixandy:
Simply becos women don't necessarily need men to be happy..but men on d other hand can't deal with the loneliness after,women mean too much to men.
on point
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 02, 2014
aderonila18:

Out of 3 divorced women I know 2 who didn't have kids were remarried within a year and 3rd is about to remarry. It's easier for someone to start afresh when there are no kids involved

True.
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by holatin(m): 9:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
pweetixandy:
are u serious shocked sitdown mehn :-|
am over serious and am already sitting down
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by ELGREF(m): 9:20pm On Dec 02, 2014
Chubhie:
There are so many things wrong with this your opinion. But I just want to correct some impression about the term loneliness been bastardized. You can't be a balanced complete individual if you keep running away from yourself. The true self is discovered when alone for genius is forged in loneliness. By women meaning so much to men you mean sex? I won't blame you cos most men have made it seem as their be all. You milady shouldn't buy that line cos there are far more interesting experiences in existence than chasing what's under a lady's skirt.
you need woman mothan sex
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by 50calibre(m): 9:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
Men & women differ in various ways. Women are like vehicles, they only depreciate. Now how many men given the choice of a new vehicle will opt for a second hand with higher mileage? Except its a vintage car, the new car wins everytime.

Aside that, nature has programmed women in such a way their kids always take greater precedence so it's not surprising that many single mothers dedicate their time to nurturing their kids instead of cultivating a new relationship.

The younger ones may get a guy to come service their engine every now & then with no commitment attached grin while the older ones are most likely to be se*xually down & out, meaning they no longer desire a man se*xually.

In cases of bereavement, most women can find it difficult moving because they're psychologically & emotionally bound to their late husband so they stay single.

Whereas without a woman, life can be really frustrating & stressful for a man. Even with women, men generally have a lower life expectancy therefore the life span of a man could be shortened considerably without a woman by his side.

Men are testosterone filled beasts, a woman is needed to keep him tamed & keep those testosterone levels normal else he can go into overdrive & ultimately self destruct.

Unlike women, men are able to fire on all cylinders well into their old age. grin as ling as he's got a pulse, best believe his willy is still functional.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2014
That's because men were not created for women but women were created for men. Therefore,men cannot do without women but women can do without men. That's why in the absence of love and money,a woman chooses to stay in her marriage for the sake of her children. If a woman loses her husband in death, she prefares to stay single for the rest of her life because she's satisfied with the affection she gets from her children. For most men, that's like a death sentence.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 02, 2014
yuzedo:
No, I have a more pertinent question.

My question is - Why do we have so many widows that are landladies in Benin?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked like seriously?
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Kasieze(m): 9:42pm On Dec 02, 2014
chemistry class

Akpos Asks teacher: Excuse ma, if you mix Omo and klin , will there be foam?

Teacher respond: Yes of course, why ask such a stupid question at the beginning of the year, are you going to pass this class at all?

Akpos laughs and whispers to the other kids, such a dumb teacher, how can................ www..com/view_joke.php?id=441 click to continue
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 02, 2014
Lacomus:
story for amadioha, next time don't conceal the truth wht happend is that men don't fancy a second hand wife.
It may shock you to know the increasing number of single and married men that have cravings for married women or the so called 2nd hand wives you tag. If not for poverty, some single men have no problem fathering another man's child to prove their love for their ' 2nd hand girlfriends'. Start from the pastor who married one of 2face's baby mamas who had 3 kids for him. Be more observant, wear glasses if you have to.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Tovot: 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2014
Men are less stigmatized when it comes to remarrying. And like the lesser minds will say "its a man's world." he can remarry as many times as he pleases, but trust eyebrows to raise to the skies when its a woman.
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 02, 2014
Because all men dog. smiley
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by pweetixandy: 9:46pm On Dec 02, 2014
Chubhie:
u misinterpreted my post,and u have d guts to quote me. Men need us women more means they want sex? Where in my post did insinuate that? I said what I said,men need women and that is why they remarry,men can't do without us. End of quote
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by chibwike(m): 9:46pm On Dec 02, 2014
VickyyB:
you cef
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by coogar: 9:48pm On Dec 02, 2014
VickyyB:

including your father & male siblings? shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 02, 2014
chibwike:
you cef
grin
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by AreaFada2: 10:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
See it from another angle.

Not many men are ready for step-kids these days.

A man automatically has financial responsibility for the entire family in the African/Naija setting.

To be honest having to finance 3 or 4 kids that belong to another man is not an attractive proposition.

What's more, a divorcee who's 45 can still easily marry a single girl who's under 30, especially if he's economically buoyant.
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by tintingz(m): 10:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
[size=14pt]That's why polygamy is there for divocees and widows because single men don't really fancy old mamas especially the ones with children.[/size] smiley
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by tintingz(m): 10:21pm On Dec 02, 2014
Sweetlemon:

The answer is simple. Because it's easier for men to find partners in our part of the world. You know how difficult it is for a woman once she passes 30 don't you? Then how many Nigerian men are willing to take some other man's "left over" (what they call divorcees and widows?) Not many Nigerian guys are mature enough for the "baggage".
Thank you my sister. smiley
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Chubhie: 10:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
pweetixandy:
u misinterpreted my post,and u have d guts to quote me. Men need us women more means they want sex? Where in my post did insinuate that? I said what I said,men need women and that is why they remarry,men can't do without us. End of quote
I'm sceptical about your men can't do without women theory for a man and a woman needs each other for valuable complements. If we are to use economics through the law of supply and demand and ticking biology clock you should know that men have got better personal power negotiating a good deal save those men being deceived seductively with on point packaging. Why would I settle for a divorcee when you can get brand new dotting the cities competing over themselves to land even a married bald man? Even tho the beautiful ones are not yet born.
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by KanwuliaJara: 10:38pm On Dec 02, 2014
Because, they have to PHOCK constantly! cheesy
Even with "BUM EQUIPMENT"! grin
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by domido(m): 10:49pm On Dec 02, 2014
D'you know what they mean when they say "its a man's world?".
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by Pdizzle(m): 10:50pm On Dec 02, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Not a case of maturity but choice.
Re: Why Do Men Get Re-Married More Than Women? by ckmayoca: 10:51pm On Dec 02, 2014
pweetixandy:
lol..stigma of being dumped,u are sounding like abumchukwu the palm wine tapper in my village. I have told u what women feel. Cry from here reach borno,what I said stands.

Wow.. U are my tribe person. Odikwa nma like that. Now I agree we need women. So can I av ur contact pls?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano / Help Find Missing Ayobami Jaiyeola!!!! / Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.