Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

What To Give Your Friends And Family For Christmas - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What To Give Your Friends And Family For Christmas (1254 Views)

Nairaland Christmas Shoutout Train{wish Your Crush,friends And Family Here} / Friends and business partners again, case closed. / How To Kill Your Friends (Or Enemies) On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Give Your Friends And Family For Christmas by Jovago: 1:49pm On Dec 03, 2014
An essential part of the holidays is gift giving. Yes, we love the smells and the color and the lights and the food, but we love the gifts more. You can’t deny you feel a little bit more of the holiday spirit when you open up a brightly wrapped parcel or receive a hamper with all your favorite treats. But lo, it is better to give than to receive, and it’s about that time you start getting your Christmas shopping list together.

Generic gifts and hampers are great for your boss or neighbors you don’t really know that well but feel compelled to gift, but when shopping for a friend you definitely need to put more thought into it. You are reading this article because you have a friend who’s been bitten by the travel bug and you have no idea what to get him/her this Christmas.

It’s perfectly understandable. Sometimes buying gifts for a traveler requires a little bit of research and some creativity. You need to take into consideration what his/her travel style is, if you want to give something useful or inspiring, and your budget.

Thankfully, we’ve done most of the heavy lifting for you, and compiled a great list of budget-friendly items you can gift your traveler friend this Christmas.

A Luggage Scale

Excess luggage rates are extremely ridiculous right now, and they will not be getting any better this holiday season when everybody’s eye is shining. A luggage scale is a great gift because it can be useful before getting to check-in. Your friend can weigh his/her luggage and be more conscious of what’s being packed

Novelty Maps

The world scratch map is a fun, colorful way for your friend to document and show off all the places that have been crossed off hi/her bucket list. Every time they go somewhere new, they can scratch off the gold panel to reveal the color-coded areas. Crumpled maps are also fun because you no longer have to worry about your map getting crumpled up and unusable. These are designed to be crumpled and stuffed in your pocket.

Notebooks and Planners

There are a bunch of notebooks, journals and planners readily available at malls and bookstores all around. All you have to do is find one that has an underlying travel theme. It doesn’t have to be too pronounced – ones with pictures of destinations or travel quotes will do. Or, go the extra mile and get the NAVI planner, which is specially created to remind travelers of the importance of going places, and encourages them to see the world.

Anti-Theft Travel Bag

Security is often a concern when traveling the world and exploring new cities and constantly worrying about losing stuff can put a damper on the fun of the trip. Give your friend the gift of security this year. Pacsafe Anti-theft travel bags make exploring a city much safer with slash-proof bodies and straps, zipper pullers that ensure thieves can’t dig into the bag, and RFID-blocking pockets that protect against identity theft so that passport and credit card details are not easily stolen.

Selfie Stick

Because the selfie craze has taken over globally, this is an extremely valid gift this year. Your friend can now take awesome pictures at the amazing places he/she visits without having to deal with the awkwardness of asking strangers for help.
Re: What To Give Your Friends And Family For Christmas by ammyluv2002(f): 1:53pm On Dec 03, 2014
OP....Biko, this is Nigeria! Tell us the Nigeria version

1. Money

2. Bag of Rice

3. Christmas cloth

4. Human hair (for the ladies)
Re: What To Give Your Friends And Family For Christmas by Mprex(f): 1:55pm On Dec 03, 2014
Op, is this post for naija or somewhere else

I just cant imagine what a typical Nigerian would do when you give him a map and say its christmas giftgrin
Re: What To Give Your Friends And Family For Christmas by Tallesty1(m): 1:57pm On Dec 03, 2014
Mprex:

I just cant imagine what a typical Nigerian would do when you give him a map and say its christmas giftgrin

A lady will use it to trace her way out of your life.
Re: What To Give Your Friends And Family For Christmas by Mprex(f): 2:05pm On Dec 03, 2014
Tallesty1:
A lady will use it to trace her way out of your life.
nawa oh!

Pls tell the Op to edit his post and include
brazillian hair
iphone6
rolex wristwatch
range rover sports
BB passport
etc

grin

1 Like

Re: What To Give Your Friends And Family For Christmas by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 03, 2014
Mprex:

Abeg, help me ask oo.
Re: What To Give Your Friends And Family For Christmas by Jack188: 6:39pm On Dec 03, 2014
As for me, Oh yes, I bought only one present. It's for my uncle, he is a coffee addict, so it was easy to choose. Got him a set of coffee cups from http://coffeehit.co.uk/cafe-supplies/coffee-cups But I have no idea what to get for the rest of my family, it's kinda overwhelming me... sad Would you please advise me something?
Re: What To Give Your Friends And Family For Christmas by Jovago: 4:27pm On Dec 04, 2014
Jack188:
As for me, Oh yes, I bought only one present. It's for my uncle, he is a coffee addict, so it was easy to choose. Got him a set of coffee cups from http://coffeehit.co.uk/cafe-supplies/coffee-cups But I have no idea what to get for the rest of my family, it's kinda overwhelming me... sad Would you please advise me something?

You can't go wrong with the Anti-Theft Bag.
Re: What To Give Your Friends And Family For Christmas by Jovago: 5:35pm On Dec 05, 2014
Try these other gifts...

External HDD

Why is this gift valid for a traveler? The answer is simple; everybody needs space. Being on the move a lot, it would be helpful to have important information and pictures backed-up in case something were to happen to your friend’s laptop or phone.

Books

Inspire your friend with other travelers’ great adventures. There are books that contain a collection of travelers’ stories specifically for this purpose and you can purchase a great number of them off sites like amazon. Be sure you know your friend’s taste in books first though.

Long flights and train rides are perfect opportunities to delve into some life-changing, motivational books (not necessarily related to travel) or test the mind by solving some puzzles. You might want to consider these as options as well.

Travel-Inspired Décor

Posters, Decals, models, ornaments, etc are a great way to keep your friend surrounded by the amazing world of travel. It may seem a bit cheesy, but people love cheesy. It’s why they pick up souvenirs on trips, no?

Gadget Organizer

I don’t know a single person who enjoys tangled plugs and mixed up gadgets occupying space in luggage. A gadget organizer is a great way to keep wires and plug organized, and also save some space. While you’re at it, why not throw in an earphone case as well?

Comfort

Gift your friend with something to make the trip a bit more comfortable. Travel slippers to wear on the plane or around the hotel, a warm shawl or cardigan to use on the plane, a herbal eye pillow, and a neck pillow and eye mask set are all examples of little gifts you could give that go along way.

(1) (Reply)

Where Are You Spending Your Christmas? / The Disable With No Hands,who Sweep Pedestrian Bridge / Remembering General Murtala Muhammed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.