Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,986 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra (33905 Views)

MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / Willie Obiano Gives Out Exotic Police Cars To The Nigerian Police Force / New Taxi Scheme To Enhance Security In Abuja-sambo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Geenickel(m): 10:13am On Dec 04, 2014
hmm..i read some really wise and mind blown comments here....vehemently scorned d unwise ones.

Those who see.ds as a welcm.development shuld b awarded wt trophies fr partnering in creativity..

#willie is workn......there are really roads tht are not motorable.. tok of #motorcycleable(lwkm)..ah love ds initiative..

#fr dose criticizing... y not go meet d governor..have tea wt him..gt to knw d reason bhind it...than just.suttn on ur bed in ur one bedroom apartment and tongue lashing .....MY UNCLE(Willie)....*winks
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 04, 2014
xcapizt:
Wonders shall never end? How much per horse?
A good thorough breed Corsican horse, take off from your bank account $80'000

Maybe these are really born and breed in Nnewi or Umuoba Anam or remotely purchased from the Gov private ranch in the USA.
Please, am a little bit tipsy, brandy and whiskey talking.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 04, 2014
ignis:
Am I the only one getting confused here?
How can horse be used by the police to enhance security in this 21st century? Whatever happened to power bikes? I will like to see the scene of police using a horse to chase a car.... lolz

It's either the police sell those horses or they roast and eat the meat in their various stations.

Misplaced priorities.
Even in london, police use horses! it has nothing to do with 21century. Imagine chasing someone in the forest, na horse get that one.
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by fpeter(f): 10:25am On Dec 04, 2014
these sick looking horses, who will feed them?
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 04, 2014
This is to remind all Nairaland members of an emergency
meeting that will hold today come 4pm at our
chairman's place, please don't forget to come with our pledges.
Space keeping a gbe wa o...
Ase
announcer
ImoleAy0, adviser to the chairman on special
duties.
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by stanislaus67(m): 10:41am On Dec 04, 2014
otokx:
Hope his wife will supply the food used in feeding the horses? Obiano is definitely worse than Obi. Why are the wisemen from the east having it so bad?
Pls young man, do not in your widest imagination equate Peter with any gov of Anambra State now or in the past.
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by ojialo(m): 10:44am On Dec 04, 2014
ignis:
How can horse be used by the police to enhance security in this 21st century? Whatever happened to power bikes? I will like to see the scene of police using a horse to chase a car.... lolz

It's either the police sell those horses or they roast and eat the meat in their various stations.

Misplaced priorities.
and you think obiano is stupid for donating horses to the police? is it every village in Anambra that cars can pass through? even Britain still use horse.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by demolasikiru(f): 10:45am On Dec 04, 2014
horses ke.......is it like the igp is now olubadan of ibadan
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by PapiWata: 10:45am On Dec 04, 2014
Did the donor of 100 horses make provision for the food those horses will consume, since horses eat around the clock even while asleep ?

If the horse donor does NOT donate daily food for the lifetime of those animals, then the horses will most likely be EATEN by the police.

Imagine the scene in a village police chief's office :

DPO : "Oya, Coppul, go for backyard bring my patrol horse come park for front of my office. I wan patrol go collect returns for checking today."

Corporal Edet : "Oka that una patrol horse no dey again. Dem don collect am."

DPO : "I say BRING the horse, and you dey talk say dem don collect am. Who collect my horse ?"

Corporal Edet : "Na Area Command dem come take moto load all we horse yesterday, remain only the two when dey sick and nearly to die"

DPO: " What ? Area Command Mopol come for MY station and teef all my horse ? Which kind insult be dat ? Why una no fit stop dem?"

Corporal Edet : "Oka, dem say na order from Abuja, because dem hear say we no dey giff any food to the horse all, dey take hungry kill dem."

DPO: " I see say you no go school at all, Coppul Akpan. Who tell you say na EVERY day horse dey chop food and drinki wata? Abi you no know say horse sabi wakka for desert sand-san complete 3 month, without take mouth touch food and wata ?"

Corporal Edet: "No sir, na camel dey wakka without wata and chop for 3 month, no be horse. For my town den dey sop camel meat, and hin sweet no be small ting. How that camel meat dey sweet, with how dog and person own dey sweet, na the same ting, Oka."

DPO: "Na you sabi whether na horse abi na camel. In short, so na the small checking returns when I dey manage myself take feed my 7 pikin for house, na that small change dem say make I come begin take am dey buy food for patrol horse ? If na so make we kukuma kill all the patrol horse one time, and share the meat, so far nobody ready to send money when we go take dey feed dem every day."

Corporal Edet : " Oka, I say Area Command moto don load ALL we patrol horse, go kill for dem headquarters come sell the meat. Dem say na Special Security Mission wey get clearance from Abuja. All the horse don finish for backyard sa."
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Vikthor(m): 10:48am On Dec 04, 2014
He wants to take us back to d stone age abi....
Truly gone bonkers.... angry
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by emiye(m): 10:57am On Dec 04, 2014
Not 1, not 2, not 3, but 100 horses. Confirmed idiocy.

Horses are not cheap, cost of maintaining is high and the volume of productivity to security in a terrain like Anambra state is close to nil.
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 04, 2014
IleIfe2:

You don't need a horse to access the most remote place in Ile-ife, bikes, cars and trucks will get you there. Even if this generation is slow in building roads, the roads built by Awolowo's generation with cocoa money are still motorable. What did the likes of Micheal Opkara nad ZIK do for you all then? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yes. A horse is not needed to ply the roads in ile-ife because the roads are even too bad for horses to move on. That's why the people of ile-ife choose to fly at night to get to their destination like that bird who turned into a woman that flew from ile-ife to lagos. By the way, I heard that the is your elder sister, how is she doing now?

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by loomer: 11:13am On Dec 04, 2014
Lacomus:
One bullet can kill a horse not a Car, I don't like this idea this's 21st century Naija for that matter.

Oga police still patrol on horses in some developed countries na.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 04, 2014
PapiWata:
Did the donor of 100 horses make provision for the food those horses will consume, since horses eat around the clock even while asleep ?

If the horse donor does NOT donate daily food for the lifetime of those animals, then the horses will most likely be EATEN by the police.

Imagine the scene in a village police chief's office :

DPO : "Oya, Coppul, go for backyard bring my patrol horse come park for front of my office. I wan patrol go collect returns for checking today."

Corporal Edet : "Oka that una patrol horse no dey again. Dem don collect am."

DPO : "I say BRING the horse, and you dey talk say dem don collect am. Who collect my horse ?"

Corporal Edet : "Na Area Command dem come take moto load all we horse yesterday, remain only the two when dey sick and nearly to die"

DPO: " What ? Area Command Mopol come for MY station and teef all my horse ? Which kind insult be dat ? Why una no fit stop dem?"

Corporal Edet : "Oka, dem say na order from Abuja, because dem hear say we no dey giff any food to the horse all, dey take hungry kill dem."

DPO: " I see say you no go school at all, Coppul Akpan. Who tell you say na EVERY day horse dey chop food and drinki wata? Abi you no know say horse sabi wakka for desert sand-san complete 3 month, without take mouth touch food and wata ?"

Corporal Edet: "No sir, na camel dey wakka without wata and chop for 3 month, no be horse. For my town den dey sop camel meat, and hin sweet no be small ting. How that camel meat dey sweet, with how dog and person own dey sweet, na the same ting, Oka."

DPO: "Na you sabi whether na horse abi na camel. In short, so na the small checking returns when I dey manage myself take feed my 7 pikin for house, na that small change dem say make I come begin take am dey buy food for patrol horse ? If na so make we kukuma kill all the patrol horse one time, and share the meat, so far nobody ready to send money when we go take dey feed dem every day."

Corporal Edet : " Oka, I say Area Command moto don load ALL we patrol horse, go kill for dem headquarters come sell the meat. Dem say na Special Security Mission wey get clearance from Abuja. All the horse don finish for backyard sa."

I tried very hard to laugh but it wasn't just working undecided

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by DonaldGenes(m): 11:23am On Dec 04, 2014
ignis:

Misplaced priorities.
You can say that again and again my Lady
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by loomer: 11:31am On Dec 04, 2014
lilprinze:
This are the kind of cars the police in Dubai use for security but Obiano is busy giving Police 100 Horses Instead of buying more sophisticated vehicles for them . shm

First of all, u NO fit COMPARE Nigeria wit Dubai, secondly, horses are not as cheap as u think, cos I know how much they cost here in Ireland.
Finally, we should try to encourage our greedy leaders sometimes wen they try to do something good.

MY ONLY CONCERN IS, I'M NOT SURE IT WAS UP TO HUNDRED HORSES.
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by FreeGlobe(f): 11:35am On Dec 04, 2014
stanislaus67:
Pls young man, do not in your widest imagination equate Peter with any gov of Anambra State now or in the past.
of course Peter is the worst of them all, after mbadinuju.
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by aresa: 11:58am On Dec 04, 2014
bushdoc9919:
Horses are important in police work

From WikiPedia.....Mounted Police

Mounted police are police who patrol on horseback (equestrians) or camelback. They continue to serve in remote areas and in metropolitan areas where their day-to-day function may be picturesque or ceremonial, but they are also employed in crowd control because of their mobile mass and height advantage and increasingly in the UK for crime prevention and high visibility policing roles. The added height and visibility that the horses give their riders allow officers to observe a wider area, but it also allows people in the wider area to see the officers, which helps deter crime and helps people find officers when they need them. Mounted police may be employed for specialized duties ranging from patrol of parks and wilderness areas, where police cars would be impractical or noisy, to riot duty, where the horse serves to intimidate those whom it is desired to disperse through its larger size, or may be sent in to detain trouble makers or offenders from the crowd. For example, in the UK, mounted police are most often seen at football matches, although they are also a common sight on the streets of many towns and cities as a visible police presence and crime deterrent during the day and night. Some mounted police units are trained in search and rescue due to the horse's ability to travel where vehicles cannot.

See also....Mounted Branch...Met Police (London)

Don't mock the Governor.....he knows what he is doing (at least in this instance)

Nigeria is not the UK in any shape or form and our security situation remains miles apart.

This horse thing is the most ridiculous and absurd idea ever and it's even disheartening that young folks would should be bustling with futuristic, bright and insightful ideas are supporting and encouraging this laughable and thoughtless idea..
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Psalmwise(m): 12:02pm On Dec 04, 2014
Smtimes i wonder if nigeria is moving forward or backward.....horse wen no b say iinspector general ofpolice nah zoro....even the british dat make use of horses dont use it for such purpose....even maintaining the police vans or cars in nigeria is still a big problem..., tlkless of maintaining 100 horses,chai d man degrade npf....am sure in d nxt fw months dose horses would have been exchanged for cows to b sold in d market for salah... grin grin

i yam flabbergasted

Breaking news: A chieftain name withheld as generously donated 200 swords to the NPF in other to beef up security>>>>expect such news

Its even almost complete they already use condo plus a horse...then we are more looking lik a stone aged nation
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 04, 2014
just like the Police cars are always over crowded, I just hope it wont be 3 Police men riding on one horse at dsame time.... ONLY IN NAIJA... grin grin
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 04, 2014
IdiAmin1:
Ndi anambra ibem, ntoo tongue. We, sorry you people voted a clown as governor. From special adviser on flute to buying horses for police. Atimes we fool ourselves by trying to be "whiter" than the whites. An average American criminal gets scared on sighting a single policeman on patrol whereas his Nigerian counterpart laughs when he sees a trailer load of Nigerian policemen. Now tell me if donating horses for police isn't a better way of entertaining Naija hoodlums than night of a thousand laugh with 1000 Basketmouths undecided
it might be...at the same time its better dan transferrin the moni to foreighn account...

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 04, 2014
enekentioba:
Who else thinks this guy is stupid? So you haven't seen police officers on horses? Even when people are telling you it's a conventional practice, you still amaze us with your foolishness.
I do bro...

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 04, 2014
UjSizzle:

Nna tell them. I know affording UK visa and air ticket is difficult for some people, but even televisions are easily affordable.
hahaha...tell them oo...even black and white is still availble in naija.
These same ppl wen they manage to enter illegally into a foreign country u will see them takin pix of a police on a horse.
Wen other country copy from the anambra state gov now. They will still be the type "anambra adibago mma"...
Been silly is not bad, just don't over use the priviledge.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by DECOtech(m): 1:06pm On Dec 04, 2014
macpetrus:

Cost of maintenance Low
No Fuel

Cost of maintaining a horse is not low. Take you pedigree dogs for instance or ask a Vet
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 04, 2014
Aha i trust anambra people, dem go use am cook horse pepper soup within 2 weeks. Obiano and this your waste money goferment!
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 04, 2014
Pls any1 postin next should include
1. Current location
2.Age (very important)
3.Level of education. If businessman whr u stoped b4 biz.
4.Ur village. Dis 1 is very important cos ppl wey dey liv for all dis dark and remote villages dat havnt seem anytin good in their lives.
And if possible ur IQ level

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by londoner: 1:55pm On Dec 04, 2014
ignis:

Misplaced priorities.

horses are used in many cities I have visited, including New York, many across Australia and my hometown London.

Many times mounted police are a deterent. Its not really about transportation.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by londoner: 2:03pm On Dec 04, 2014
Mounted police patrol are the norm in many/if not most main western cities. They must be still using them for a reason.

Take a look at the list of mountedcpolice worldwide

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mounted_police_units

I think Nigerians are far too obsessed with all things shiney.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 04, 2014
UNTIL THESE FOOLS ARE ALL EVACUATED...they wont seize to keep wasting public and national funds ...#thieves.
VIA;- #UPJOS_SNIPER
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by iffydave: 2:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
Lacomus:
One bullet can kill a horse not a Car, I don't like this idea this's 21st century Naija for that matter.

May be the horses will also wear bullet proof...... grin
Re: Obiano Gives Police 100 Horses To "Enhance Security" In Anambra by londoner: 2:46pm On Dec 04, 2014
lilprinze:
This are the kind of cars the police in Dubai use for security but Obiano is busy giving Police 100 Horses Instead of buying more sophisticated vehicles for them . shm

You do know that Dubai also has horse mounted police, in addition to those vehicles?

http://www.emirates247.com/news/dubai-mounted-police-report-388-arrests-in-h1-2010-08-22-1.282078

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Edo State Peter Obi 1-Million-Man March / Tinubu And Atiku At Their Polling Units (photos) / Photo: Check Out My APC Friend On His Birthday!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.